Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 214 - DC vs Jones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭tinpib

Maia Decision
    That's annoying they started earlier than what I saw advertised at 5pm GMT. Also mmafighting's Facebook live vid is sh!te, blockovision and no sound.

Mmmajunkie facebook feed is A1 though but I've missed plenty of fighters already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Maia Decision
    If Cyborg can't make 145 she should consider retirement before she kills herself with these weight cuts.

Anyway, hopefully she's on point.

Maia Decision
    Jimmy Manuwa looks ripped there 204.5

Is that flipping idiot there again asking "what was the weight?" about 5 seconds after it is announced?

edit: yep they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Woodley Sub
    Oh since when I see Barao 140

California commission announced a few weeks back they wouldn't license him at 135.

Maia Decision
    Woodley looks in great shape there. 170.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Maia Decision
    Hope Maia strangles the Bollywood out of him!

Maia Decision
    Jaysus, getting the shower curtain hoop yolk out for Cyborg.

145 in the nip.

Jon Jones Sub
    tinpib wrote: »
    Jaysus, getting the shower curtain hoop yolk out for Cyborg.

145 in the nip.

She struggles to make 145 and people were claiming she should fight at 135 ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

She struggles to make 145 and people were claiming she should fight at 135 ffs

She would have to lose a limb to make that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Woodley Sub
    I'll never understand why people hate DC and boo him etc, fair enough if they dont like his style of fighting but he always comes across as a good person.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Maia KO/TKO
    Yeah its totally mad how people will cheer a hit and runner coke fiend over a respectable guy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Maia Decision
    I dont care what he does in his spare time personally, I like watching him fight and am desperate to see gus rematch so theres a reason somebody would pull for him.

Jon Jones Sub
    Gamebred wrote: »
    I dont care what he does in his spare time personally, I like watching him fight and am desperate to see gus rematch so theres a reason somebody would pull for him.

Yeah MMA needs the likes of Jon Jones star power. WAR JONNY BONES!

Yeah its totally mad how people will cheer a hit and runner coke fiend over a respectable guy
    People live vicariously through their sports stars, rockstars, Hollywood stars etc. The public in general just don't want their cage fighting champion to be a respectable goody two-shoes. The devil has all the best tunes.

People also like a car crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Maia Decision
    The devil has all the best tunes.

Haha never heard that phrase before. Stealing it.

I'm shouting for DC tomorrow myself. Think his redemption story appeals to me more.

Not a fan of Jones inside the cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Woodley Sub
    My heart's rooting for DC but I bet against him. Hopefully that means I'll be happy either way..

I still find it a bit odd that Jones is coming out saying he works out 4 times a day and doesn't need recovery. Sounds like the performance output of a clean athlete all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,729 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Yeah MMA needs the likes of Jon Jones star power. WAR JONNY BONES!

What's all this WAR shjte lately. WAR this War that Shiite. Seriously wtf Is it about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Maia Decision
    Dtp1979 wrote:
    What's all this WAR shjte lately. WAR this War that Shiite. Seriously wtf Is it about?

WAR Dtp1979

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Woodley Sub
    Dtp1979 wrote: »

People have been saying that for years...

Maia Decision
    Looking at weigh-ins again, Cyborg's opponent Tonya Evinger looks like another fighter's mam stepped on the scales by accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Woodley Sub
    I've admittedly been guilty of laughing at and mocking Cyborg in the past myself, and I feel terrible for doing it now. After being exposed to her a lot more since she joined the UFC, she genuinely seems like such a nice person. The fact that we constantly see different fighters embracing her in the Embedded clips says a lot.

Maia Decision
    tinpib wrote: »
    Looking at weigh-ins again, Cyborg's opponent Tonya Evinger looks like another fighter's mam stepped on the scales by accident.

Looked like TJ Deathwiler from recess at the presser

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Is there no ceremonail weigh in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Woodley Sub
    Is there no ceremonail weigh in ?

Yeah think it starts at 1am our time

Maia Decision
    Yeah think it starts at 1am our time

Correct stream starts at 1.

Does anyone on here know how the new rules will affect the fight re: eyepokes?

Woodley Sub
    Regarding Woodley's takedown defence, a guy posted the below on Reddit:
    A lot of people are constantly quoting '95%' in reference to Tyron's takedown defense so I went and looked at the individual fights. Jake Shields failed 18 takedown attempts on Woodley, and Rory succeeded in precisely 1 of 2 attempts. These are the ONLY takedowns attempted against Tyron in the UFC, and they do indeed give a defense rate of 95%

Is that true? :eek:

It will still be very tough for Maia to land the takedown(s) he will need against Woodley mind, don't get me wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Maia Decision
    Maia got Rory down in rd 1 and got mount, usually thats all he needs but Rory has good enough bjj then stuffed about 15 td's for the other 2 rounds, If he gets mount on Woodley I dont know how good off his back he is but I'd be impressed if he survived.

Woodley Sub
    D.Q wrote: »
    Does anyone on here know how the new rules will affect the fight re: eyepokes?

Jones was warned 8 times alone for extending his fingers in the Gustafsson fight. He could be in a spot of bother.

Interesting graph here:

https://twitter.com/SoozieCuzie/status/890985892999032833

Maia Decision
    Paully D wrote: »
    Jones was warned 8 times alone for extending his fingers in the Gustafsson fight. He could be in a spot of bother.

Interesting graph here:

https://twitter.com/SoozieCuzie/status/890985892999032833

So if an eye poke is called is it an automatic point taken off? Or how do they apply?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Looking forward to this one. There's only so much May/Mac shyte a person can take. Let's see some real fights.

Advertisement