Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 214 - DC vs Jones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Woodley Sub
    I am going for Jones, Woodley (hopefully Maia) Cyborg and Lawlor.

my thought exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭marcus001

Woodley KO/TKO
    DC (by KO early)
    Maia (by Sub)
    Cyborg (by soccer-mom beatdown)
    Lawler (KO round 2)
    Oezdemir (KO round 1)

I'm sort of letting my bias frame my picks because I can't stand Jones or Cowboy but I still think people are sleeping on the fact that when DC originally fought Jones it was a) the first time he had headlined a UFC event and b) came a little over 5 years into his MMA career.

Fast forward 2 and a half years, everything has changed. USADA has come in. Jones has barely been fighting. DC has headlined 3 events since then and been near the top of the bill at UFC 200.

I think the occasion got to Cormier as much as anything first time around. In many ways it reminds me of Conor v Nate 1 where Conor came out so hyped up and fighting at a frenetic pace head-hunting. DC did the same thing and gassed after a strong start.

I just have a feeling we won't see the Jon Jones we used to see. Cormier has improved markedly in the last few years and is far more comfortable under the pressure of the big stage than he used to be.

I think this could be shockingly one-sided and dominant.

I agree there's a strong chance that DC handles him, that's why I have him on points, but I can't see any way he KO's Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I would love to see someone chop those matchstick legs of Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Jon Jones Sub
    The sperm of Jon Jones father needs to be put out to stud. Same with Beauden Barret's father. The sons that these guys produce, unreal.

I get all the logic around a DC win, but I just think Jones is the real deal. He usually just fights to the level of what is in front of him. People are nervous he won't do it, but I'm putting my neck out there that he will. He will knock DC out in the 3rd. I'm not even going for points. This is a great card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Maia Decision
    DC is nearly 40, is probably better than the first fight but Jones is fitter and more athletic, and god knows probably even a better fighter with a year or 2 of training working on things, I would be massively impressed if he wins, its mma after all so he probably wins by spinning heel kick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Maia Decision
    Hoping for: DC, Maia, Cyborg, Lawler.

But think it'll be: Jones (by TKO), Woodley (by TKO), Cyborg (by TKO), Cowboy (by TKO).

Haven't stayed up for a non-McGregor card since 200.

Shall need to start mainlining the cappuccinos soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Maia Decision

But think it'll be: Jones (by TKO), Woodley (by TKO), Cyborg (by TKO), Cowboy (by TKO).

Get a bag of Jonny bones special and you'll be flying

Jon Jones Sub
    akelly02 wrote: »
    Get a bag of Jonny bones special and you'll be flying

D1ck pills?

Woodley KO/TKO
    Gamebred wrote: »
    DC is nearly 40, is probably better than the first fight but Jones is fitter and more athletic, and god knows probably even a better fighter with a year or 2 of training working on things, I would be massively impressed if he wins, its mma after all so he probably wins by spinning heel kick.

Just say he's 38, no need to round up a guy's age to underline your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Maia Decision
    D1ck pills?

Those too maybe

• Advertisement

Woodley KO/TKO

To stay up late or get up early. That is the question.

Jon Jones Sub
    I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing these fights are going on when I am in bed

Maia Decision
    Dont like Lawlers demeanor all week, he looks un interested from what I've seen not very motivated wouldnt stare off with Cowboy once.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Maia Decision
    DC's daughter's got a future in the octagon!

She leaned all Karolina-esque against the cage but then came charging straight in with a front kick.

Animal!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

DC Decision
    marcus001 wrote: »
    To stay up late or get up early. That is the question.

Gotta be a get up early job for me cause I got work at 10 :(

I really should be in bed already!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Jon Jones Sub
    Is there any way to watch the fight pass prelims if you don't have fight pass??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Jon Jones Sub
    It's always a record and watch in the morning job for me because it's easier and I can fast forward through all the talking and crap.

My picks (as I'm sure everybody is interested) are:
    Jones
    Woodley (although I want Maia to win)
    Cyborg
    Cerrone
    Manuwa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Woodley Sub
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    Is there any way to watch the fight pass prelims if you don't have fight pass??

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

DC Sub
    Dont like Lawlers demeanor all week, he looks un interested from what I've seen not very motivated wouldnt stare off with Cowboy once.

I just seen him at the weigh ins. What's up with that? Does he have a chip on his shoulder about Something? I hope he puts some effort in when it comes to the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Maia Decision
    KJ wrote: »
    It's always a record and watch in the morning job for me because it's easier and I can fast forward through all the talking and crap.

I'm the same for most events, but staying up to mad o clock and really anticipating the fights adds to the event imo, it's not a proper ufc event unless I'm going to bed when it's bright and tired all day Sunday

• Advertisement

Maia Decision
    I just seen him at the weigh ins. What's up with that? Does he have a chip on his shoulder about Something? I hope he puts some effort in when it comes to the fight

He is known for not being interested in doing media actually fell asleep at a presser but hes different this week, doesnt think the fight does much for him think he had a money dispute with the UFC too, his mate Matt Hughes who is with him every fight week is also in a coma, im worried for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

I really want to watch this one live. But I got new sound bar this afternoon and cracked a few beers while I was setting that up. Now I'm drunk and I fear I **** the bed on this one.

DC Sub
    He is known for not being interested in doing media actually fell asleep at a presser but hes different this week, doesnt think the fight does much for him think he had a money dispute with the UFC too, his mate Matt Hughes who is with him every fight week is also in a coma, im worried for him.

That's right. A car crash I think I read. I would rather he just pulled out rather than go through the motions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Woodley Sub
    Put a fiver on DC. Separate bet then on Lawler, Barao and Woodley. Although would be great to see Maia get the title.

Should be a great night of fights, once I can stay awake (have alarms set in case). Best card of the year by far.

Maia Decision
    https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/891429126380191744

Oh boy this card is gonna be special.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Maia Decision
    This post has been deleted.

DC Sub
    RebelSoul wrote: »
    I really want to watch this one live. But I got new sound bar this afternoon and cracked a few beers while I was setting that up. Now I'm drunk and I fear I **** the bed on this one.

When megreggor is fighting I'll stay up no problem. I'll take time off work if need be. Most other cards I'll watch the next day. But this is a very good card so I'll be up till the end. It helps that's the kids were pestering to camp out the back garden so I'm up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Maia Decision
    When was the last time burkman won. He seems to regularly get beaten on pre lins and takes a lot punishment in the process

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Maia Decision
    When was the last time burkman won. He seems to regularly get beaten on ore lins and takes a lot punishment in the process

Edit just checked

Won 1 of last 7 and 1 no contest on ufc site.

How has he survived the cut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BobCobb

Haha, Brooks checking that Herb is wearing his cup

Advertisement