Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers including friends and family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I can't even articulate how desperate she is coming across with him and her desire to have kids and get married. I don't recall Sue ever being like that with Dylan. In fact, it seemed like Sue was with Dylan a while before we even realised she had a boyfriend. Dylan has helped Sue to build her career. This lad seems to be getting MUF to build his career at the detriment of neglecting her own. It's pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

I'm glad she's not doing that ridiculous bikini competition. She was getting very upset about her appearance and talking about constantly trawling instagram for fitness models and comparing herself to them. She said she wanted a breast lift next as she just wasn't happy with them any more. I have suffered from an eating disorder and I know too well how easy it can be to normalize unhealthy eating and persistently compare yourself unfavourably to others. She would say "Paul says, as my trainer, it's normal to feel like this" or "Paul is going to help me reach my goals etc". If I told a boyfriend I felt that crap, the only response that would help would be to hear him say he thought I was utterly gorgeous and perfect the way I was, not to focus on goals that involve losing more bloody weight!

I don't think it's healthy to give a boyfriend that level of control over you. I KNOW it's his job but surely there are professional boundaries as a PT that are compromised by training your girlfriend or family members.

She involves Paul HUGELY on her social media and I would hate to think that teenager girls and young women think that you have to move country/put your career on the backburner/change your physical appearance drastically to "keep a man".

I know this is a bit personal and off topic, but my head is wrecked looking at their dynamic.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

anna080 wrote: »
    I'm ignoring my own advice here- but why do you keep coming over here taking a pop at a group of girls discussing blogging and social media? Bit pathetic isn't it?
    Go back to the Fantasy Sports Arena, or wherever you came from.

Who are you to tell me where I can or cannot post? Less of the back seat modding please, thanks. Your hostility is unsavoury.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mod
    If you have a problem with a post, please report it. Back on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

blairbear wrote: »
    She would say "Paul says, as my trainer, it's normal to feel like this" or "Paul is going to help me reach my goals etc". If I told a boyfriend I felt that crap, the only response that would help would be to hear him say he thought I was utterly gorgeous and perfect the way I was, not to focus on goals that involve losing more bloody weight!

I don't think it's healthy to give a boyfriend that level of control over you. I KNOW it's his job but surely there are professional boundaries as a PT that are compromised by training your girlfriend or family members.

She involves Paul HUGELY on her social media and I would hate to think that teenager girls and young women think that you have to move country/put your career on the backburner/change your physical appearance drastically to "keep a man".

I know this is a bit personal and off topic, but my head is wrecked looking at their dynamic.

I agree - I don't remember one day in the past few months where he wasn't in her snaps. What is she going to do if/when they break up? It's going to immediately be very obvious.

Also agree about him being her trainer. I think he's just too close to her to take her on as a client. The same reason why you often hear to never let a family member teach you to drive - it's difficult, it's frustrating - for both people's sanity, have all your difficulties and frustrations with someone you don't have an emotional relationship with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

She seems so happy watching today's snaps! I hope we are all wrong and that things work out they way she wants them to!
    Maybe in time when she realises she is in a good place she will relax and not put so much in th public eye! I think she is very hard on herself and tries to prove so much when really there is no need! If your that happy you don't need to show it of all the time! Feeling philosophical tonight!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I genuinely like her and liked him at the start too but feel he's not come across on the best light and am cringing for her because he doesn't seem that into her on camera at least. I mean she even has him wearing a tshirt reading "vpt" and took the time to explain that meant very personal trainer. I like her and I wish her all the happiness in the world but she shouldn't have to force anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

I'm probably going to be unpopular saying this, but I think the reason she is so hard on herself is because she doesnt show the real her. She's nothing like her filtered and photoshopped images, I'd say she's exhausted pretending to be something she's not. I think she's desperately moulding herself into what she thinks he wants, and it's not a good look. I think maybe her hardcore fans dont see it, but I know a lot of people arent buying the 'perfecr relationship' thing....

Ray37 wrote: »
    I'm probably going to be unpopular saying this, but I think the reason she is so hard on herself is because she doesnt show the real her. She's nothing like her filtered and photoshopped images, I'd say she's exhausted pretending to be something she's not. I think she's desperately moulding herself into what she thinks he wants, and it's not a good look. I think maybe her hardcore fans dont see it, but I know a lot of people arent buying the 'perfecr relationship' thing....

I couldn't agree more. Everything about her is so questionable because of the extent to which she photo shops that its hard to know what's real and what isn't. She is trying way to hard with him. We can all see it here ourselves and we can't all be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

I think she's desperately moulding herself into what she thinks he wants, and it's not a good look. I think maybe her hardcore fans dont see it, but I know a lot of people arent buying the 'perfecr relationship' thing....

I agree. I mean we can all see that he's just not that into her, and that's when he's on camera and probably trying not to make a show of her in front of her followers. She's very conspicuous in her absence on all of his social media, whereas he's front and centre on hers. And has been since as soon as they got together! She seems to be constantly trying to prove to herself and everyone else what a great couple they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I liked him at first but I think he's taking advantage of her vulnerability and using it to his advantage.
    I was looking at her instagram photo this evening and she looks completely different in a photo when someone else takes it - and I wonder how someone who she claims loves her so much isn't doing anything at all to try and help her build her self-esteem and become happy with who she is.
    I noticed a while ago they both posted a photo on instagram, hers was captioned about love and being with someone who you love blah blah, his said something like this person makes me happy and makes me pose like this. The distance between the sentiments of the two posts was sad :(

He seems very slimey and instead of advising her to protect her business he advises her to ignore her followers.... He's not ignoring his though!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Her Instagram tonight is so clearly photoshopped it doesn't even look like her. There's comments below saying her make up is gorgeous etc. It's clearly not her actual make up, it's fake. It's a wonder how people can't cop this. If you zoom in you can clearly see a black bit on her lip/teeth that shouldn't be there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I cringed so much at the boomerang of her bf grabbing her boobs.

We get it, you've a boyfriend, you're having sex. You're a 30 something-year-old woman, that's not something unique.

She reminds me of Gail the Snail in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia when her mom says "You're 33 years old; you're supposed to be sexually active."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Is this her first boyfriend? :nosey:

No this is her 3rd that she's put on social media in the last 3 years (As long as I've been following). There may have been more.

Definitely not her first despite the way she is carrying on. Sure remember she was dating that Dr. Brian Higgins in 2015 and spending every spare minute in Galway with him? Remember the Mam was commenting under his social media posts? All sounds very similar to what's going on now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

No, she was with some doctor guy about 2 or 3 years ago, I remember she went to the Galway races with him. I remember her also plastering him all over her social media then as well, and it was extremely obvious when they broke up. I don't think they were together that long though, not more than a few months anyway.

She was also apparently in a very long term relationship when she was younger which ended in heartbreak, but whenever people asked her about it she used to refer them to her book. I haven't read her book so I don't know anything about that one.

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    No this is her 3rd that she's put on social media in the last 3 years (As long as I've been following). There may have been more.

Who else was there? I can only recall the Doc from Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

ratmouse wrote: »
    Definitely not her first despite the way she is carrying on. Sure remember she was dating that Dr. Brian Higgins in 2015 and spending every spare minute in Galway with him? Remember the Mam was commenting under his social media posts? All sounds very similar to what's going on now

Omg really. I don't think I followed her back then. I only dip in and out of her content if I'm honest. I honestly thought this was her first by the way she's going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It got very messy with her mum getting involved that time if I remember correctly.

He put up a post which I'm sure was about her after they broke up. Something like 'she was a beauty like fire, only to be observed from a distance' or something like that!

Thought it was a bit harsh in fairness. It seemed like he was using her as well.

She seemed to be with the Doc in Summer 2015. On her website/ blog in Jan 2015 she wrote a review about The Orchard Salon and Spa in Hotel Kilkenny and mentioned her boyfriend James getting a massage.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Not an avid follower of her but all I can say is, her smile never really reaches her eyes. I know they all pose a certain way as they don't want lines etc but her smiles always seem completely ungenuine

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

ratmouse wrote:
    She seemed to be with the Doc in Summer 2015. On her website/ blog in Jan 2015 she wrote a review about The Orchard Salon and Spa in Hotel Kilkenny and mentioned her boyfriend James getting a massage.

Yes I remember this. She was doing the same as she is now with featuring him on her content back then. I think he was majorly into fitness as well and she was trying to get followers to like his social media as well if I recall correctly.
    Then she got really cranky when people were asking if they broke up when she stopped featuring him and said she had learned her lesson about featuring a personal relationship online and she would be more private in future...clearly that's gone out the window since body by control has come on the scene. God the two of em are as bad as each other honest to jaysus. It's like she has nothing to blog about only what she gets up to with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Are Paddy and Daddy now together is all i want to know? If anyone knows who im talking about :-)

laylag wrote: »
    Yes I remember this. She was doing the same as she is now with featuring him on her content back then. I think he was majorly into fitness as well and she was trying to get followers to like his social media as well if I recall correctly.
    Then she got really cranky when people were asking if they broke up when she stopped featuring him and said she had learned her lesson about featuring a personal relationship online and she would be more private in future...clearly that's gone out the window since body by control has come on the scene. God the two of em are as bad as each other honest to jaysus. It's like she has nothing to blog about only what she gets up to with him.

That's it exactly. It's not just a case of her featuring him on her blog, her blog is now all about him and their relationship. Other bloggers with partners don't carry on like that. What is her issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

The new fella has become her entire life. Even when she isnt with him, she's telling everyone where he is. Who cares like?? I feel like she has an unhealthy obsession with him, and her mother should have a word with her... Unlikely that she will tho, her mum is all over the 2 of them on Insta. Does MUF have any friends? Not being rude, I just havent ever seen her really share anything, which is weird as the BF is shared 24/7. She strikes me as being a bit of a loner.

The new fella has become her entire life. Even when she isnt with him, she's telling everyone where he is. Who cares like?? I feel like she has an unhealthy obsession with him, and her mother should have a word with her... Unlikely that she will tho, her mum is all over the 2 of them on Insta. Does MUF have any friends? Not being rude, I just havent ever seen her really share anything, which is weird as the BF is shared 24/7. She strikes me as being a bit of a loner.

Sue always seems to have the same gang of friends appearing on her social media. Fairy rarely seems to have the same friends on social media. I never get a sense of their being any long lasting friendships like Sue seems to have. It's all about him and not much else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

To be honest, Brian Higgins was cast from the same mould as Paul. He got a lot of followers off the back of Joanne and turned himself into a bit of a social media presence himself. (He is still cringeworthy.)

I wish she'd meet someone who has zero interest in being any form of media celebrity, doesn't want followers and is a private person. That probably wouldn't suit her but at least then she'd know he genuinely was into her, and not any of the trappings.

Her mum encourages the level of social media involvement of her boyfriends too, I feel. Her mum babies her massively. She's 30 and she put up a post over the weekend that Joanne was a Disney princess in Disneyland.

Advertisement