Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers including friends and family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

blairbear wrote: »
    I do think she shares content that is really inappropriate at times. His insta stories also featured a "treasure hunt" that she wrote for him a couple of weeks ago. It referenced her knickers, what was underneath them and oral sex. I genuinely thought he had posted it by accident but it stayed up for the 24 hours.
    You are joking?!?

I don't follow Joanne anymore, but it is entirely unsurprising to hear she hasn't changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

You are joking?!?

I don't follow Joanne anymore, but it is entirely unsurprising to hear she hasn't changed.

Yeah, the treasure hunt line was "moving on to something else you lick when my frilly things come off at night". And the treasure hunt would end when he "checked inside my underwear". I feel like it was a cute joke between them but surely not something for the social media public to see!

Imagine your mammy seeing that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Yeah, the treasure hunt line was "moving on to something else you lick when my frilly things come off at night". And the treasure hunt would end when he "checked inside my underwear". I feel like it was a cute joke between them but surely not something for the social media public to see!

Ah Jaysus is anything sacred. Morto.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

She actually put that on social media? My god, absolutely no maturity, none at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

Vomit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

He's taken over her snap again he absolutely loves the limelight,, it comes across like he's using her for followers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I feel really sorry for her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Cria wrote: »
    He's taken over her snap again he absolutely loves the limelight,, it comes across like he's using her for followers

Exactly. He has his own accounts no reason to be taking over hers other than using her following.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

Ya he really irritates me was kinda not minding her snaps for a while but I have to flick through 99% of them now. On a side note I did like that wedding dress that's the kind of style I though so sue me would have gone for

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

I tapped through them all but he posted 129 snaps on her account.

ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY NINE.

On her insta, she gets really good interaction on the posts where she's wearing a lovely dress and is all glam. Her followers still want the fashion and the make up! Jesus, if Paul was my own boyfriend, I still wouldn't sit through 129 snaps of him talking about fitness and weight loss with no visual except his own face.

• Advertisement

On her insta, she gets really good interaction on the posts where she's wearing a lovely dress and is all glam. Her followers still want the fashion and the make up! Jesus, if Paul was my own boyfriend, I still wouldn't sit through 129 snaps of him talking about fitness and weight loss with no visual except his own face.

Has she no backbone. Tell him to get to feck and stop hogging her platform.
    Unless she doesn't care. Like let him blather away all he likes on his own account. Pure user

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

He hasn't seemed to put anything into this relationship

She moved country where she's pretty Unknown over in the UK
    He made it pretty clear she wouldn't be moving in with him when she moved over though he seems to spend all his time in her place
    She's clearly very insecure about her body/appearance but he's still encouraging her to enter into those body competitions, not something to encourage when someone clearly has hangups already
    He's uncomfortable with being showy or touchy feely which is fair enough but it's embarrassing for her
    He's completely piggybacking on her following

He does seem nice enough but there's something that makes me feel uneasy about the whole thing. None of it seems natural

I don't like him at all. He's one of those who pretends he doesn't know the camera is on him when he's trying to be funny or whatever. He knows well. Something about him I don't trust. She seems decent, there's goodness in her, she's just foolish at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

anna080 wrote: »
    Unless she doesn't care. Like let him blather away all he likes on his own account. Pure user

I think she just wants to show him off and let everyone know she has a boyfriend - as others have said, she's like a 16 year old with her first boyfriend.

He made it pretty clear she wouldn't be moving in with him when she moved over though he seems to spend all his time in her place

I agree, it all seems very one-sided. Like I'm sure he's fond of her but she's sacrificed a hell of a lot for him. She's in a foreign country and her family, friends, and most of her career are all back home.

I also feel Joanne is a vulnerable person. Beneath the Photoshop there are a lot of body image issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Re their ages, I've heard there is actually quite a bigger gap than a year between them

allym wrote: »
    Exactly. He has his own accounts no reason to be taking over hers other than using her following.

He doesn't half go on if people that follow her want to see him go on and on about fitness then they would follow him why does he need to use her platform her followers know his usernames by now she promotes him enough ... if any of her followers don't follow him it's because they're not interested so why would she put up over 30 minutes of him going on and on .. he's so self indulgent

Omg 129 snaps of him talking directly to the camera and did he not say something at the start about not rambling lol

She seems obsessed with him I'd say he can do what he likes there not together a year and she's sending wedding dress pics to him and taking photos of baby clothes I have underwear longer than that relationship he's pure using her for his own gain..

She's clearly very insecure about her body/appearance but he's still encouraging her to enter into those body competitions, not something to encourage when someone clearly has hangups already
    He's uncomfortable with being showy or touchy feely which is fair enough but it's embarrassing for her
    He's completely piggybacking on her following

He does seem nice enough but there's something that makes me feel uneasy about the whole thing. None of it seems natural

Yea imagine that she moved all the way over to another country to live in a room that's smaller than the one she lived in at her mothers ,, she's a tiny fish in a big pond of bloggers over there ,, she made all the adjustments and he doesn't even let her move in with him ... totally using the poor girl

Ray37 wrote: »
    Re their ages, I've heard there is actually quite a bigger gap than a year between them

I think there's a much bigger gap between them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Jaysis lads I understand being besotted with a partner, I know I am at the moment! But Joanne is making some fool of herself and it's so sad to witness. She's built up a very impressive business and career and if she messes it up for the sake of a man... it'll be so disheartening. As someone else in the thread said, what happened to "girl boss" eh?

I had no idea they weren't living together. I assumed they were. So he asked her to move over but not even in with him? Is she on her own?! That's awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Cria wrote: »
    I think there's a much bigger gap between them

How long is the age gap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I had no idea they weren't living together. I assumed they were. So he asked her to move over but not even in with him? Is she on her own?! That's awful.

Yeah I think she rents a room? It's like this tiny single room with an en suite. Theres an upstairs too but I don't think she ever shows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Yeah I think she rents a room? It's like this tiny single room with an en suite. Theres an upstairs too but I don't think she ever shows it.

Sounds like a sad existence

He doesn't have to live with her if he doesn't want to but why even ask her to uproot herself? Am I right in thinking she never lived away from home and used to live with her mam? So her first place is in a different country alone in a box room while her bf is only down the road. That's just cruel. Like he has her close but not too close. Sounds controlling to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

anna080 wrote:
    He doesn't have to live with her if he doesn't want to but why even ask her to uproot herself? Am I right in thinking she never lived away from home and used to live with her mam? So her first place is in a different country alone in a box room while her bf is only down the road. That's just cruel.

I remember her showing some fab apartment in London on her page when she moved. I assumed she was living in that. It was lovely and modern and really stylish. I'm not sure though...maybe I picked it up wrong as I'm not on Snapchat any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

He doesn't have to live with her if he doesn't want to but why even ask her to uproot herself? Am I right in thinking she never lived away from home and used to live with her mam? So her first place is in a different country alone in a box room while her bf is only down the road. That's just cruel. Like he has her close but not too close. Sounds controlling to me.
    I think she used to live away from home but I recall many years ago she moved home to try and save for a mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

laylag wrote: »
    I remember her showing some fab apartment in London on her page when she moved. I assumed she was living in that. It was lovely and modern and really stylish. I'm not sure though...maybe I picked it up wrong as I'm not on Snapchat any more.

Yeah that's where she's living. It's a lovely little house, think it's about an hour from London? She hasn't said that it's a house-share, but she never shows the upstairs, and she's got two fridges in the kitchen...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

How long is the age gap?

She's at least 33/34. She hides it and in interviews last year was claiming to be 28 & 29 (at least choose one!!) but I added up from her bio yesterday (and then deleted the post because it felt a bit mean). She has put a timeline of what she's done since school that means she has to be that age.

Advertisement