Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers including friends and family

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I don't think her makeups are of professional quality like I wouldn't pay for my makeup to look like that, that said I didn't follow her before the child. So don't know how likeable or relatable she was but there's nothing sacred with her, she even spoke about her dad's passing to get an ad in, that time with the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I don't think her makeups are of professional quality like I wouldn't pay for my makeup to look like that, that said I didn't follow her before the child. So don't know how likeable or relatable she was but there's nothing sacred with her, she even spoke about her dad's passing to get an ad in, that time with the watch.

She has also spoken about her anxiety issues as a way of getting people to stop talking about her which I think is wrong.

There are a LOT of bloggers out there who claim to have anxiety. I wonder if she genuinely does or is she trying to be like everyone else? Either way, don't use a mental illness to get sympathy.

People will talk about you if you put yourself out there. If you can't deal with that, blogging ain't for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

"Nothing is sacred" are the exact 3 words that come to mind when I think of Grace. More so than that bloody "goooooood morning everyone!!! that makes me want to put my head through a wall.

She doesn't care about anybody but herself.

Her child, family and partner might not want their whole lives broadcast? Tough, they're all going on Snapchat.
    She's going to a wedding and has been asked not to broadcast it? Tough, she'll be snapping all night and even telling her followers she was told not to.

Not that she cares about what her followers want anyway, she disregards everything that's said, or plays the victim. Just wants to talk about herself all day every day.

fussyonion wrote: »
    She has also spoken about her anxiety issues as a way of getting people to stop talking about her which I think is wrong.

There are a LOT of bloggers out there who claim to have anxiety. I wonder if she genuinely does or is she trying to be like everyone else? Either way, don't use a mental illness to get sympathy.

People will talk about you if you put yourself out there. If you can't deal with that, blogging ain't for you.

I'd question if you had anxiety would you really have it all over the papers and social media that you're gonna document your labour live on Snapchat? Ive no understanding of anxiety but I wouldn't imagine if it was crippling me that I'd be willing to Snapchat the actual birth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

FBG is NOT a blogger anymore. Sorry, but she is so lazy and does nothing of interest. She's as scabby as they come, constantly hints for freebies on snap, and only shows stuff she's paid to promote. She's destroyed her reputation in recent months. She can't follow simple rules re ad and spon, but will have no problem linking affiliates to get a few quid. She has no content, and her make up skills are very poor, I can do about the same as her and have zero training. She comes across as very greedy and lazy, and wants everything for free. She disgusted me a few months ago saying that people were triggering her anxiety as ASAI were investigating her, and she was being discussed online. She had the crocodile tears on, even though she was 100% in the wrong. Before that, I thought she was a decent person, after, I lost any respect for her that I'd had. Using mental illness to your advantage is sickening and I seriously dislike her after that.

• Advertisement

I do wonder how long FBG's gravy train will last. She's racing herself to the bottom at this stage. Although she lives at home and is likely paying little to no rent or childcare costs so probably can get by on a small income.

It's not like she was a mother before and consciously decided to switch to being a mammy blogger - once she got pregnant she seemed to just give up on being a MUA, unless she's charging people to go to her workshops.

I can't see her ever wanting to return to actual MUA work, I'm surprised there hasn't been another baby yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I decided to look at Grace's blog there to see if she'd put up anything on the last while. It looks to be about one post per month (though I couldn't see exact dates) and she's clearly not looking after it well seeing as the last two posts (which were just really a list of affliate links) have just been spammed by those "spell caster" posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Had to stop following Grace, she was boring the life out of me. The child doesn't need a camera stuck in her face all day. And anything she was plugging just seemed forced.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

fussyonion wrote: »
    I wonder what she'd Snap about if she didn't have a child. And yeah she is making motherhood look very dull but not only is she leading a boring life, she's bound to be boring her followers.

All she does is stay in the house or go for food with the child I feel
    She needs to get off Snapchat for the best part of the day and go out and do stuff with her child poor thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Fairy has a snap up from last night about how even one night without the fella "feels like a part of her is missing"... I wonder is he waxing lyrical on his social media about missing her? I somehow doubt it.
    Don't get me wrong, I love nothing more than cuddles :pac: but a night or two apart at this stage in their relationship is fine, I'd even say it's healthier than being together every night. I hope it goes how she wants it to, she will be heartbroken if it finishes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Fairy has a snap up from last night about how even one night without the fella "feels like a part of her is missing"... I wonder is he waxing lyrical on his social media about missing her? I somehow doubt it.
    Don't get me wrong, I love nothing more than cuddles :pac: but a night or two apart at this stage in their relationship is fine, I'd even say it's more healthy than being together every night. I hope it goes how she wants it to, she will be heartbroken if it finishes

They must spend every night together the way she said that even though they don't live together. If it goes wrong, not sure how she will be as she has made him her whole world in a very short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

You can clearly see how some of them are completely and utterly addicted to social media and how many followers/views they have. I'll never forget Grace the day after having her daughter mentioning she'd had the most views ever. She was delighted with herself.
    She also during her pregnancy obsessed about having fewer views one day, she was in Wexford snapping her nephews, so that might explain it, but she was convinced something was wrong with snapchat and asked did her followers want her to upload it to her facebook.

It genuinely made me feel bad for her

Don't get me wrong, I love nothing more than cuddles :pac: but a night or two apart at this stage in their relationship is fine, I'd even say it's healthier than being together every night. I hope it goes how she wants it to, she will be heartbroken if it finishes

Isn't she living in a house share?
    Her housemates must bloody hate her. There's nothing worse than a housemate who has their bf/gf over so much that they've basically unofficially moved in. People request "no couples" on housemate ads for a reason!

Her housemates must bloody hate her. There's nothing worse than a housemate who has their bf/gf over so much that they've basically unofficially moved in. People request "no couples" on housemate ads for a reason!

I'm sorry one night without him she's like a stage 5 cling on
    If there so close why not house share together with maybe a couple of other people I'd say she would jump at the chance he just doesn't seem to be into her the way she is with him even though she drives me mad I feel
    Sorry for her ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I thought she had bought the place she's living in in London(because when she moved in she completely gave that impression) but having read some discussion here it does actually seem like she's sharing. Sucks for the housemate(s) indeed. I'd admit to ripping the piss a tad in my place with having my OH over, but it'd never ever be 6 nights of the week, or even 4 or 5

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

She is definitely in a house share. Even minor celebs share in London with the prices but she also had to admit that she was sharing, eventually. Too many people questioned her on it. She tried very hard to give the impression that she was living alone. In a big house. In London.

I think that saying she feels like "a part of her is missing" spending ONE night away from Paul is such a bad example to be setting to the young girls who appear to idolize her. She has lost all sense of self and independence. You need time away from a partner. The only relationships where I have spent THAT much time with a boyfriend were in my early twenties.

And they all worked out swimmingly badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I only love it when my fella pisses off for a night

anna080 wrote: »

The relief, like!! Time for doing my tan and watching my crappy shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

blairbear wrote: »
    The relief, like!! Time for doing my tan and watching my crappy shows.

Ya and pluck and shave and be gross lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Same! I can read a book or watch a tv program without being interrupted. Can relax with a face and hair mask. Can marinate in fake tan overnight and not get told I smell like stale biscuits. I can watch snapchats, instastories and youtube videos to my hearts content.
    And best of all I can sleep like a starfish in the middle of the bed! Ahh....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

I saw that snap she put up of 'a part of her missing'. Seriously. She reminds me of that overly attached GF meme that was around a few years ago. I actually feel she has let herself down majorly lately, her snapchat is just a constant feed of the BF and what they do together. She is also 100% in a house share, and there is nothing wrong with it at all, but she tried to make out that she had bought the house all to herself. So embarrassing. TBH I'm waiting for her to rant and rave on snap about this thread, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. As someone above said, the BF is defo not as into her and she is into him, and it's fairly obvious. If she keeps forcing him onto her snap, I think she is going to have a major drop in followers, and you can't buy your followers on snap ;)

Oh the sh*t is gonna HIT THE FAN when she sees this thread. We'll all be called fat, sad, unemployed losers and ranted about. Her mum will be heart broken at Joey's bad treatment and yer man will have to have a word too. It is expected of him.

For the record, if she DOES read this thread, I think she is way, way too hard on her appearance and would look lovely without all the facetune etc.
    I think Paul doesn't treat her well and she deserves better.
    However, I think her insecurities mean that she currently has a big problem with fudging the truth, in many different ways. Nobody wants to see nothing but whingeing on social media, like Grace etc, but nor do we want to see a completely fabricated existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

How does he not treat her well? Because he's not an absolute clinger like she is?.. :/

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    How does he not treat her well? Because he's not an absolute clinger like she is?.. :/

I think he is very interested in gaining followers through her and promoting his business. He featured on 129 snaps in a row the other night on her SC. He never features her to the same extent. He has seen a surge in popularity on instagram since starting to date her and he continues to capitalise on it.

I also think, as a PT, he should recognise that being his gf's PT is not a wise choice, especially when she suffers badly with body image issues. Long time followers will recall when she released her book, and was photographed in unflattering lighting and at poor angles. She was distraught and snapped about how awful she felt. She shouldn't have a PT who she is so emotionally involved with. The whole area is far too emotive for her.

Call it experience, or a vibe I get from him, (this is only my personal opinion), but he seems smarmy to me and I think her large social media following is a big draw for him.

If you look at his Instagram pre MUF the quality of photos and likes on each post differ greatly from now. She appears very little in his posts and when she moved over first he did a q and a stating they wouldn't live together that she'd get her own place (wise) and he clearly had his own place because that's where she stayed before moving over. Now all of a sudden one night apart is a huge big deal and they seem to be always in her place. Nobody's business but he comes across as a pure user and I was initially delighted for her meeting someone and being happy. I like the makeup fairy a lot and I wish her nothing but happiness because I like seeing hard work paying off and she's very dedicated and thorough. There's something very vulnerable about her too and I wish good things for her.

None of my business again but I personally think she's making a huge mistake revolving every aspect of her life around him and hope for her sake that it doesn't go tits up for her.

Also no shame in house sharing I've done it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I can't see her ranting about this specific thread because to do so she'd be sending loyal followers our way to read what the 'haters' are saying and they'd then be enlightened about all her Photoshopping and not declaring ads and selling gifted items and it'd be too risky for her.

Haha ...

Oh the sh*t is gonna HIT THE FAN when she sees this thread. We'll all be called fat, sad, unemployed losers and ranted about. Her mum will be heart broken at Joey's bad treatment and yer man will have to have a word too. It is expected of him.

For the record, if she DOES read this thread, I think she is way, way too hard on her appearance and would look lovely without all the facetune etc.
    However, I think her insecurities mean that she currently has a big problem with fudging the truth, in many different ways. Nobody wants to see nothing but whingeing on social media, like Grace etc, but nor do we want to see a completely fabricated existence.

She just threatens legal action then he gets the opportunity to snap for about 45 mins about it ..

She has lost all sense of self and independence. You need time away from a partner. The only relationships where I have spent THAT much time with a boyfriend were in my early twenties.

And they all worked out swimmingly badly.

Same!!! :o:o:o
    Long time followers will recall when she released her book, and was photographed in unflattering lighting and at poor angles. She was distraught and snapped about how awful she felt.

I wasn't a follower back then, any more info on what happened?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Same!!! :o:o:o

I wasn't a follower back then, any more info on what happened?

I think it was a fan who posted a picture she took of her the night of her book launch. She looked completely different to the picture she had put up of herself and went on a big rant saying she had her period and was bloated.

Advertisement