Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers including friends and family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Is this from the 'about' page on her website? It seems a big vague to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Her Dob is 08/01/87 from the CRO

I would doubt she would lie about her age on that site as it is the company registration site and they are legal documents

I thought people were referring that he was younger, as I maybe 25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

sunbeam wrote: »
    Is this from the 'about' page on her website? It seems a big vague to me.

No it's from this-
    https://www.joannelarby.com/lifestyle/hate-word-influencer/

In particular these parts -
    'For those of you unfamiliar with my story, I went to school followed by art college.
    Thereafter I worked as a make up artist for four years
    Thereafter, I studied child psychology and special needs
    I worked as teacher for three years
    I began blogging, I worked 7 days per week for 2 years
    I held a launch party'. In 2012.

In other interviews she also says she studied to become a make up artist after art college, she also must have qualified as a montessori teacher though that's left out too, so how has she done 15/16 years of work since she was 18 and is still only 30? Wish I had that ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

That's the worst written bio I think I've ever read

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

In defence of the age issue, I believe she was a teaching assistant in a Montessori. She had no formal teaching qualifications, maybe a childcare diploma or similar.

She is deliberately vague on these details.

Also I can't see how living in an en suite in a shared house in London is a "sad existence" as one poster put it. Rent is mental there! She has a nicer place than most in London (or Dublin). It's the sacrifice you make when living in an expensive city.

I think not living with Paul was a very wise decision. She needs to maintain a bit of independence from him.

• Advertisement

blairbear wrote: »
    In defence of the age issue, I believe she was a teaching assistant in a Montessori. She had no formal teaching qualifications, maybe a childcare diploma or similar.

I said in my post that she leaves that part of her studies out. I wonder is the childcare diploma what she refers to as "child psychology studies".
    If she was a teaching assistant then to refer to herself as a teacher is a bit sad and I mean that in the "poor thing" way. She must have some severe self image issues when she's going to such extremes to lie about her past.

I think not living with Paul was a very wise decision. She needs to maintain a bit of independence from him.

I would highly doubt she chose not to live with Paul, someone who sends wedding dress snaps and is as clearly obsessed as she is would jump at the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

She is deliberately vague on these details.

Also I can't see how living in an en suite in a shared house in London is a "sad existence" as one poster put it. Rent is mental there! She has a nicer place than most in London (or Dublin). It's the sacrifice you make when living in an expensive city.

I think it was called a sad existence because when she first moved she hinted she actually owned the house, then she denied its a house share even though there's absolutely nothing wrong with house sharing. She insisted she lives alone even though she clearly doesn't.

I think it's a bit sad that she's left all her family and friends and made all these sacrifices, she seems to have way fewer opportunities since moving over there so far at least and she's also lying about her living arrangements. He doesn't seem to have sacrificed much at all.

Also don't believe for a minute that he moved to a gym in London due to 'high client demand'.
    They always seem to be together and off on holidays so he must spend hardly any time in work and I would guess his last gym got sick of it. She also used to attend the gym he worked in and doesn't any more so I would say definitely bad blood there.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Sorry, I started this thread and then didn't post again!

It was MUF and also FacesByGrace that led me to start this. MUF has been well covered but I'm surprised that Grace hasn't been mentioned. Her Snapchat feels more like a daily diary of her daughter's life than anything else. She was at a wedding abroad last week with friends and I saw more of these friends that I'd never seen before than anything blog related. There was one particular video of the baby with her Dad that felt really intrusive to watch. I've seen more of her baby than I have of most of my own friends' children!

I totally understand that a good blog has a personal side and it's nice to see some of it but with some bloggers it feels like all personal and no content.

stop following them, in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    stop following them, in that case.

Stop reading the thread if you don't like other people's opinions, in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

anna080 wrote: »
    He doesn't have to live with her if he doesn't want to but why even ask her to uproot herself? Am I right in thinking she never lived away from home and used to live with her mam? So her first place is in a different country alone in a box room while her bf is only down the road. That's just cruel. Like he has her close but not too close. Sounds controlling to me.

She rents a small room with an en suite I thought at first they were going to rent together but she's on her own and he rents somewhere else it's so obvious she wants to settle down asap
    And he's keeping her at arms length I do feel sorry for her but uprooting your life for someone you know less than a year seems a little bit odd

• Advertisement

How long is the age gap?

I think she's older than she actually says and I thought he was in his mid 20's maybe not he comes across much younger

She's at least 33/34. She hides it and in interviews last year was claiming to be 28 & 29 (at least choose one!!) but I added up from her bio yesterday (and then deleted the post because it felt a bit mean). She has put a timeline of what she's done since school that means she has to be that age.

I'm following her years I agree about the age it's hard to believe her though as she
    Tends not to come clean on a lot of things like claiming she's naturally dark and clearly from the start she was nowhere near the colour she is now .. ... then she never admitted to getting lip fillers for a long time so it's no surprise she's claiming to be younger

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Stop reading the thread if you don't like other people's opinions, in that case.

Why do people comment on posts they don't like saying don't follow the person the irony lol

Cria wrote: »
    I think she's older than she actually says and I thought he was in his mid 20's maybe not he comes across much younger

He's definitely 29 there was billions of snaps and instagram posts about his birthday not too long ago

*maybe it just felt like billions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Cria wrote: »
    Why do people comment on posts they don't like saying don't follow the person the irony lol
    He was pointing out a solution to the complaining, he never said he didn't like the post. :confused:

I'm not even sure who the person is. And can't quite figure out why people care so much about somebody's else's personal life. To each their own I guess.

I can't quite figure out why people get so invested in football. Or the Mc Gregor fights. Or watch tv shows that I hate. But I let them off and don't comment on it online.

Plenty of us enjoy certain aspects of these different bloggers' content. We don't want to unfollow them. There were a few who I followed and ended up cringeing every time I watched them, so I removed those from every social media platform.

I don't feel in the slightest bit invested in Joanne's life. I'm interested in it though. Snapchat and instagram are like the ultimate reality tv show or outlet. Whatever used to draw people to the likes of Big Brother back in the early noughties (when it was somewhat authentic), now draws others to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Gals I wouldn't even bother justifying or defending ourselves to a weirdo who just wants a pop. Ignore.

Mellor wrote: »
    He was pointing out a solution to the complaining, he never said he didn't like the post. :confused:

I'm not even sure who the person is. And can't quite figure out why people care so much about somebody's else's personal life. To each their own I guess.

Was he asked for a solution?
    I don't think he was.... I don't think anyone was asked for a solution or anyone was complaining.

It's a conversation. About bloggers.

Maybe I'll wander into the soccer forums and tell them all "stop watching it if you don't like it" and see what happens :D

Actually mods is there anyway we can have what the soccer forums have where everyone can read the posts but you have to be approved to post in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Heard he is only 25 and she's 32....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Ray37 wrote: »
    Heard he is only 25 and she's 32....

He looks really young! If she's said he's 29 I'd believe her but he has such a baby face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

I'd love to know where people are "hearing things" and just assume everything is a lie

According to this he was 25 in 2013 so would be 29 now. I assume this is him. Sad Im that invested to Google

[**deleted the link as its probably not allowed**

But a bit of googling will get you there

allym wrote: »
    He looks really young! If she's said he's 29 I'd believe her but he has such a baby face

Iirc either his cake or the balloons had the number 29 on it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

mod Back on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

At the end of the day the age of her boyfriend or the age gap in the relationship doesn't matter or impact on the blog/social media.
    Edit: sorry didn't see mod warning

Back on the topic of over-featuring friends and family, how many holidays does Sue bring her parents on a year?! She is very generous with them (whether she has to fund the trips herself or not!), but as a woman the same age as Sue, I can't imagine it.
    I would be driven scatty...and I get on well with my parents. Equally my mum would have no interest in tagging along with me either; she does her own thing.

I got sick of the constant pushing of Carla Jackson's new fella in Sue's SC. The lad who plays the bongos. Sue's entire family is wrapped up in her social media presence.

He's definitely 29 there was billions of snaps and instagram posts about his birthday not too long ago

*maybe it just felt like billions :D

Lol he comes across much younger

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

Back on the topic of over-featuring friends and family, how many holidays does Sue bring her parents on a year?! She is very generous with them (whether she has to fund the trips herself or not!), but as a woman the same age as Sue, I can't imagine it.
    I would be driven scatty...and I get on well with my parents. Equally my mum would have no interest in tagging along with me either; she does her own thing.

I'm the same age as Sue and I don't know anybody who brings their parents on holiday. There's a reason we move out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Bad enough her folks, but their Dzylan's inlaws. I dont know anyone that would relish going on holidays twice in a year with theirs :D

His family are much quieter in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I'm the same age as Sue and I don't know anybody who brings their parents on holiday. There's a reason we move out! :D
    I'm the same age aswell. We notice a lot of people our age bringing their parents on holidays to help out with the kids and do a bit of babysitting at night. And also to have another adult to talk to apart from the husband/wife! :D

We are considering going on holiday with my parents next year, not for child minding cos our child is old enough now to stay up late and is happy once he has wifi, But because we both get on well with my parents and I think we would all enjoy it. But trust me there were near killings with me and my mum before I moved out of home but we've mellowed in the 10 years since!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

The thing is Sue and Dylan have taken about 10 ish holidays or more this year, bringing her parents on a couple isn't going to be major. For most ordinary people, they take one, maybe two holidays a year and you aren't going to be likely to take your parents on these as it is precious time!

Advertisement