Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers including friends and family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

Ray37 wrote: »
    The new fella has become her entire life. Even when she isnt with him, she's telling everyone where he is. Who cares like?? I feel like she has an unhealthy obsession with him, and her mother should have a word with her... Unlikely that she will tho, her mum is all over the 2 of them on Insta. Does MUF have any friends? Not being rude, I just havent ever seen her really share anything, which is weird as the BF is shared 24/7. She strikes me as being a bit of a loner.

She was really good friends with two girls, Maeve and Doireann and went on hols with them last year. Doireann features the odd time but Maeve and her obviously had a big falling out. They were inseparable and now nothing.

They weren't allowed feature her on any of their candid snaps on the holiday and I accidentally screenshot a non edited video of Joanne on Doireann's SC and got interrogated by Doireann. "Why did you screenshot that? Why is it of interest to you?" etc etc. It was ridiculous carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

blairbear wrote: »
    To be honest, Brian Higgins was cast from the same mould as Paul. He got a lot of followers off the back of Joanne and turned himself into a bit of a social media presence himself. (He is still cringeworthy.)

I wish she'd meet someone who has zero interest in being any form of media celebrity, doesn't want followers and is a private person. That probably wouldn't suit her but at least then she'd know he genuinely was into her, and not any of the trappings.

Her mum encourages the level of social media involvement of her boyfriends too, I feel. Her mum babies her massively. She's 30 and she put up a post over the weekend that Joanne was a Disney princess in Disneyland.

A Disney princess in Disneyland?! Oh dear. How pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

She was really good friends with two girls, Maeve and Doireann and went on hols with them last year. Doireann features the odd time but Maeve and her obviously had a big falling out. They were inseparable and now nothing.

They weren't allowed feature her on any of their candid snaps on the holiday and I accidentally screenshot a non edited video of Joanne on Doireann's SC and got interrogated by Doireann. "Why did you screenshot that? Why is it of interest to you?" etc etc. It was ridiculous carry on.

That sounds exhausting. I'd find it very hard to keep up a friendship with someone who was so self involved and uptight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

That Doireann girl is absolutely painful. So knowledgeable and really knows her stuff but she just drones on and on and on like a monologue. Of her content, about 2% is entertaining/interesting/educational and rest is pure waffle.

I like Meave, big fan. She seems really genuine and sincere and doesn't take the whole thing so seriously. She's major body inspiration for me because her look is very real and attainable.
    She posted on Galz Who Snap recently enough so she must see the stuff that was said about MUF on it. Would love to know what the fall out was about.

Also, Doireann was originally a "fan" of hers who came to a fan meet and greet night out in Galway. She was enamoured with Joanne. Maeve seems like a nice, normal, fun girl.

• Advertisement

Also, Doireann was originally a "fan" of hers who came to a fan meet and greet night out in Galway. She was enamoured with Joanne. Maeve seems like a nice, normal, fun girl.

So one of her great friends is a fan ?! Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

If I was Pippas sister I'd be annoyed that she turned up to my child's birthday party wearing a £600 dress. Yes Six hundred pound....... seriously like.

EDIT : sorry friend, not sister ?

heyjude88 wrote: »
    If I was Pippas sister I'd be annoyed that she turned up to my child's birthday party wearing a £600 dress. Yes Six hundred pound....... seriously like.

It was a christening as well as a birthday. I thought she looked very appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I don't think it was her sister's kid? Her sister has two boys.
    I thought she looked lovely as well. I doubt the had the tag hanging off like for everyone to gawk at the price!

It was a christening as well as a birthday. I thought she looked very appropriate.

dress was lovely don't get me wrong. But 600 pounds? I wouldn't spend that on a dress for my own child's christening / birthday.

In my opinion it it was way too OTT to wear a dress that expensive. oh and she had affiliate links to it up soon enough after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

heyjude88 wrote: »
    I think there was also a Christening and I think Pippa was going to be Godmother. It's up to herself how much she spends on a dress, I thought the dress was lovely and appropriate although waaaay out of my price range!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm fking SIIIIIIIIIICK of seeing FBG's daughter now.
    I know, I know "unfollow her if she annoys you" but anyway....there is too much Sienna!
    Does Grace not think "Ah here, it's probably a bit overkill now?".
    I don't want to see your baby anymore!! Show us MAKEUP! You're a MUA!!

I guess some people are more comfortable dropping that much on a dress. My ex and I got paid similarly. He thought it was scandalous that I bought a pair of Louboutins whereas I never would have spent what he did on going to a couple of festivals over the summer.

A nice, high quality dress gives me so much pleasure. If I get one I love, it makes me feel happy knowing I even have it in my wardrobe. I love that Pippa doesn't exclusively adorn herself in rags, like Sue and Joanne. They spend 1000s on accessories (and fair play to them; that's what they like!) but wear cheaper clothes. As a dress aficionado, I love seeing higher end fashion on Irish bloggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

fussyonion wrote: »
    I know, I know "unfollow her if she annoys you" but anyway....there is too much Sienna!

FBG has no content anymore she barely does anything .. most of the others have gone on to have their own products ect and only little name brands want to work with her
    All she has is endless snaps of that child she is so boring to watch ...

FBG had 31 snaps up of her child today then a few of someone else's and the rest was food how boring (I only went on
    To look after reading a comment about her so no need for the unfollow her comments )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

True that. Her kid is just not interesting. At least just Jordan does things with her little one and shows her outfits.

"Goooooood morning sea sea"

Nobody cares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Can someone PM or post Maeve or Doireann's snapchats or fb's?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Who are Maeve and Doireann?

Haven't followed FBG in ages, couldn't continue on following her when there is no interesting content and I dislike her.

Has she said anymore about her rebrand?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Doireann is 'dwyldechild' and Maeve is 'prettyp_mua' on snapchat.

Who are Maeve and Doireann?

Haven't followed FBG in ages, couldn't continue on following her when there is no interesting content and I dislike her.

Has she said anymore about her rebrand?

Doireann is Fairys friend. She featured on Fairys Ibiza holiday last year and is on Insta as dwylde child. Not sure of Maeves handle but it's not Maeve Madden. That's a different person.

• Advertisement

Maeve is prettyprincess_fitness on instagram. (I know. Cringe.)

True that. Her kid is just not interesting. At least just Jordan does things with her little one and shows her outfits.

"Goooooood morning sea sea"

Nobody cares

Or the singsongy 'Gooood morning everybody!"
    It is not cute. It's annoying

FBG is a disaster at the moment. She went on last night saying she was going to loose 2 stone before christmas. She then went for a shop and showed off pringels and cookies. Then today saying she was going to drink black coffee all week.

I wish she would show more of her cooking dinners with her mum like she used to. I felt she was so motivated and on track, but now there seems to be little from her mum and sister.

Cria wrote: »
    FBG had 31 snaps up of her child today then a few of someone else's and the rest was food how boring (I only went on
    To look after reading a comment about her so no need for the unfollow her comments )

This is what I'm talking about!
    31 feckin Snaps? I mean c'mon.

I don't have kids myself but I KNOW how proud Mams and Dads are of their little ones and they want to show them off but even parents must realise too much is TOO MUCH.

I would seriously be thinking of how much I'd showed of my child, especially on a platform like Snapchat but Grace doesn't seem to care what her followers want or think. Especially with her Snaps closed.

By the way, what is the reason for her constantly switching them on and off?

You're right, Cria, she does absolutely nothing nowadays.
    It seems being a mother defines her.

And I'm sorry but I really don't care about your gym sessions either, especially when it's clear you're advertising that trainer.

And I'm sorry but I really don't care about your gym sessions either, especially when it's clear you're advertising that trainer.

Does she still even go to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Grace doesnt care because she has 1000s of lemmings who'll tell her not to mind the haters and how much they love seeing Sienna. I personally hate how much she puts online about that child. Its not bloody safe for one thing. Strangers know way too much about her and she as a child has no say.

As a blogger/influencer she's got zero motivation, and she will be overtaken by other bloggers if shes not careful. Even the freebies will dry up if she doesnt step up her game and they seem to be all she cares about.
    She never sticks to anything. Its ridiculous. She has it easier than most mums i know both working and stay at home yet she moans constantly. How is that relatable??

Lindy97 wrote: »
    Grace doesnt care because she has 1000s of lemmings who'll tell her not to mind the haters and how much they love seeing Sienna. I personally hate how much she puts online about that child. Its not bloody safe for one thing. Strangers know way too much about her and she as a child has no say.

As a blogger/influencer she's got zero motivation, and she will be overtaken by other bloggers if shes not careful. Even the freebies will dry up if she doesnt step up her game and they seem to be all she cares about.
    She never sticks to anything. Its ridiculous. She has it easier than most mums i know both working and stay at home yet she moans constantly. How is that relatable??

You have a point about the possible security issues. From some of her past Snaps with her out walking, I know exactly what road she lives on.
    We all know her full name, fella's name, baby's name & date of birth, what baby looks like, Grace's Mam, her sister's name, her neice's name, Mags' wife's name, where Mags works etc....this is all a bit too much for strangers to know, no?

Her Snaps contain nothing of interest anymore. Even when she mentions she has makeup to do, you rarely see her handiwork. Surely if you're a MUA you would want people to see what you're capable of? Rather than showing us 31 Snaps of your child pulling nappy sacks out of the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

Would FBG even have a career anymore if she hadn't had Sienna?
    Her MUA skills seem very basic, she does the same 1 or 2 looks all the time.

As someone who is terrified of pregnancy and has never wanted children, there's no chance of her snaps changing my mind anyway - she makes it look incredibly boring.

This is what I'm talking about!
    31 feckin Snaps? I mean c'mon.

I don't have kids myself but I KNOW how proud Mams and Dads are of their little ones and they want to show them off but even parents must realise too much is TOO MUCH.

I would seriously be thinking of how much I'd showed of my child, especially on a platform like Snapchat but Grace doesn't seem to care what her followers want or think. Especially with her Snaps closed.

By the way, what is the reason for her constantly switching them on and off?

You're right, Cria, she does absolutely nothing nowadays.
    It seems being a mother defines her.

I don't think she realises no one unless your the parents wants to see that much of kids seriously she's gone so lazy on Snapchat it's like even when she has nothing to snap she manages to snap for a whole 12 hours
    If she's not advertising she's showing the child doing what every other child does at that age
    She's best off only snapping when she has interesting content
    Every single morning she says the exact same thing gooood morning everyone ...yawn

• Advertisement

Would FBG even have a career anymore if she hadn't had Sienna?
    Her MUA skills seem very basic, she does the same 1 or 2 looks all the time.

As someone who is terrified of pregnancy and has never wanted children, there's no chance of her snaps changing my mind anyway - she makes it look incredibly boring.

I wonder what she'd Snap about if she didn't have a child. And yeah she is making motherhood look very dull but not only is she leading a boring life, she's bound to be boring her followers.

Advertisement