Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers including friends and family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I think it was a fan who posted a picture she took of her the night of her book launch. She looked completely different to the picture she had put up of herself and went on a big rant saying she had her period and was bloated.

Yeah, she just wasn't looking her best and asked fans to delete photos of her. In fairness, she had a terrible dress on that didn't help matters.

It wasn't just that she went on a rant; she was really genuinely upset and came across as really vulnerable. I wondered why she was putting herself through it at all. She seems ill equipped to be in the public eye.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

blairbear wrote: »
    She seems ill equipped to be in the public eye.

The same can be said about 95% of these "bloggers", they just want fame and free stuff with 0 criticism or negativity. Any hint of negative press and they'll turn on the waterworks and scream they have anxiety or mental health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Loughc wrote: »
    She seems ill equipped to be in the public eye.

The same can be said about 95% of these "bloggers", they just want fame and free stuff with 0 criticism or negativity. Any hint of negative press and they'll turn on the waterworks and scream they have anxiety or mental health issues.
    Yes, yet they want to be applauded for being smart, strong business women, but woe on anyone who dares to question anything. Apparently you're unallowed to criticise a womans business practises or ethics no matter how dodgy, it's tearing them down. Its insulting to women in all honesty. Women are meek fragile little creatures who can only handle positivity and gushing praise.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

With bloggers including friends & family a certain blogger ( who I think is a lovely woman) talking to the phone about how she had " the chat " with her son Cos he started asking questions about his dad who is not in his life. I just think the style of how she was saying how it went to her followers was a bit unfair on her son he is a bit too young for social media now but what if he finds out how she was telling strangers on the internet about that very private conversation I just think it's not right. She is a " wellness coach" & makes every situation about talking about herself. She's a bit like David Wolfe talking about nothing not making much sense it's just all rambling.
    I feel for her though you can tell she's just so lonely & uses social media to get some attention & feel important in life. That conversation about her sons dad is something that you would confide a friend in over a cuppa at the kitchen table not for telling social media. I do think she is a very nice person I just feel sorry for these bloggers their happiness comes from getting validation from strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

via4 wrote: »
    With bloggers including friends & family a certain blogger ( who I think is a lovely woman) talking to the phone about how she had " the chat " with her son Cos he started asking questions about his dad who is not in his life.
    I'm sure someone in his class will find this blog, and he could be a victim of bullying due to her loose lips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Don't know where to put this but God, fair play to Rosie C snapping her skin like that.

anna080 wrote: »
    Don't know where to put this but God, fair play to Rosie C snapping her skin like that.

I totally agree! She's very brave. And I know that if I had seen a beautiful, well known media personality show their skin like that when I was 15/16/17 and TORMENTED by mine, it would have really helped me.
    I used to think that acne and being perceived as pretty were completely mutually exclusive and I would hide away and avoid any social interaction outside of school! I love that she is posting realistic photos of her skin and letting her followers know what is and isn't working on it.

Rosie isn't perfect but this makes me respect her a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ya I agree. And it wasn't even to plug a product or anything. The last time she did that she was endorsing some products that cost hundreds. Good to see that this time she's not willing to reccommend anything until she has tried it a while.
    My skin was in bits when I was in school. It would have done me the world of good seeing that. She still looks very pretty too.

Joanne has posted a photo (facetuned+++) of herself and Paul on instagram with the caption; "You are all I ever wanted love to be."

Having a boyfriend is about 60 percent of her brand at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Ah look I'm sorry but I don't know where the hell to post this.

MakeupFairy just Snapped WHAT WASHING POWDER AND SOFTENER SHE USES.
    Is this what the world is coming to?
    She started by saying "This will probably interest zero of you" but she kept on.

I followed her a few months ago, then unfollowed her because she came across so false (plus I could not stop looking at her lips, wtf?!) and she spoke too fast and all in all she bored me.

Then I followed her again to watch a Snap somebody told me about.
    I refollowed her this morning to see if anything had changed and she was talking about her highly expensive bed-sheets and washing powder.
    I despair.

PS Apparently her secretary emailed Claire Balding giving out and demanding a public apology because Claire was talking about glittery sh*tes and the fact consumers would buy anything, even a glittery sh*te if a blogger plugged it.

I found that very amusing.

Again, sorry if this isn't the right place for this but I honestly didn't know where to put it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Sufitzy

Joanne has posted a photo (facetuned+++) of herself and Paul on instagram with the caption; "You are all I ever wanted love to be."

Having a boyfriend is about 60 percent of her brand at the moment.

She's definitely realised that her followers love that soppy stuff, all the #relationshipgoals #cutecouple

fussyonion wrote: »

I refollowed her this morning to see if anything had changed and she was talking about her highly expensive bed-sheets and washing powder.

"I have really high quality bed sheets. From Zara Home."

Ah here. Does she realise that you can buy bed linen for hundreds in Brown Thomas? That most of the big fashion houses do interiors?! Zara is in the same category as Dunnes bed linen. Hardier than Penneys but not fecking couture.

Imagine showing off about your bed sheets. Would she stop?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Who is this "fairy" wan and whats her Snapchat?

I only recently started following Doireann G as my girlfriend does and she is gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

She posted recently that they've gone on 9 trips in 9 months together, basically going on holidays once a month since they started their relationship. That must be so intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

PS Apparently her secretary emailed Claire Balding giving out and demanding a public apology because Claire was talking about glittery sh*tes and the fact consumers would buy anything, even a glittery sh*te if a blogger plugged it.

Ehhh I wonder was this secretary her mother!? Cos ah is always saying that she doesn't have a team and that she does everything!? Unless that's a load of bull and she does have a team?

idunno78 wrote: »
    Ehhh I wonder was this secretary her mother!? Cos ah is always saying that she doesn't have a team and that she does everything!? Unless that's a load of bull and she does have a team?

Claire was clearly joking ! I'd say it was her Mother, seriously lacking in a sense of humour !

Oh clare put it up? Was it today/yday have t watched her snaps since monday!! Must look!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

anna080 wrote: »

So much respect for her after that no filter and not even promoting a product for her skin now that's how you relate to
    Your young followers show them
    Real life no face tuning no pretending life is amazing all the time sosue and make up fairy take note

idunno78 wrote: »
    Oh clare put it up? Was it today/yday have t watched her snaps since monday!! Must look!

Yes, in this mornings snaps, she didn't say who it was who messaged her.

Ah look I'm sorry but I don't know where the hell to post this.

Is this what the world is coming to?
    She started by saying "This will probably interest zero of you" but she kept on.

I followed her a few months ago, then unfollowed her because she came across so false (plus I could not stop looking at her lips, wtf?!) and she spoke too fast and all in all she bored me.

I despair.

I found that very amusing.

Again, sorry if this isn't the right place for this but I honestly didn't know where to put it.

Not surprised she was talking about what air freshener she uses in her toilet last week ...
    where did you see this about Claire balding

• Advertisement

Just watched there!! She did go in a bit about the poo!!! But jese I wouldn't be taking it serious she was just messing! And ya know what she is dead right! People will buy anything that bloggers talk about! We say it here all the time so fair play to her! And also for not it apologising she did nothing wrong! Not her fault whoever sent the email can't take a joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I can't bear Claire balding and the way she does be snarling at the camera. Think with recent events she's just trying to piggyback on controversy

I can't bear Claire balding and the way she does be snarling at the camera. Think with recent events she's just trying to piggyback on controversy

She was at a bloggers thing with grace a few weeks ago that was sponsored looked like she was trying to be a blogger

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

Yeah I don’t see the appeal (sorry to those who love her!)
    I find her slightly hypocritical because she seems to hate bloggers the way she bemoans them and then goes to events etc and does the things she says she hates that bloggers do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

I find her slightly hypocritical because she seems to hate bloggers the way she bemoans them and then goes to events etc and does the things she says she hates that bloggers do.
    I thought it was just me. You can't say anything bad about her in galz or they go nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Can't handle MUF, but equally can't handle CB. She is so passive aggressive and slags loads of people off, but flips the lid if anyone dares to comment about her. She's the ultimate hypocrit, and she let her followers attack someone they assumed had sent her a nasty message a few weeks ago with no proof, she knew they were going to town on this girl, and said nothing to stop it. She loooooves a bit of drama that one.

Nail on the head there

Ray37 wrote: »
    Can't handle MUF, but equally can't handle CB. She is so passive aggressive and slags loads of people off, but flips the lid if anyone dares to comment about her. She's the ultimate hypocrit, and she let her followers attack someone they assumed had sent her a nasty message a few weeks ago with no proof, she knew they were going to town on this girl, and said nothing to stop it. She loooooves a bit of drama that one.

She caused that girl terrible trouble her and jen Hatton without an ounce of proof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Can anyone update me on what happened with CB and that girl? I used to follow her but didn't find her particularly interesting so stopped watching.

Advertisement