Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers including friends and family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

@irishbloggerscammer on instagram outing the bloggers that are ripping ppl off

Just to add on the blogger I talked about the other day she went & did one of her "talks" in a company then came out to her car & had a cry on instagram there were people walking past the car it was a bit mad to watch she just keeps talking about her addiction problems she had in the past. I get it must be tough but I think she needs to talk about these things in therapy not to her phone. She's making her private business public domain we can all get teary at times but

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

mod Back on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

I don't mind the odd bit of friends and family. It's only human and to be honest, it personalises them a bit. However I don't actually care about them. I follow the "blogger" (youtube/snapchat/instagram whatever) and not their inner circle.

Joanne Larby, MUF - I used to really like her snaps but I found myself skipping through them a lot when she would have that awful dance music blaring and snaps of her walking. It was so pointless. Also when she shows off her hauls, her diction is too clipped for me. A bit like Chris Donoghue in Newstalk. Reminds me of a teacher speaking down to me. When she's relaxed, she's grand. I think it's just her "professional" voice. I know I have a "telephone" voice for when I'm speaking to someone in a professional capacity.

However! I've pretty much given up since she's taken up with Paul. I have absolutely no interest in him and his personal training. I actually don't agree with a lot of what he says and to be honest, I think he's harming her brand while also benefiting massively from exposure to her followers and it's not reciprocated. Don't get me started on the filters whenever they speak - both are so insecure that they can't talk to the camera without a filter and the injokes are more than annoying and slightly attention seeking. Also the #couplegoals and all those tags on Instagram make me want to heave. It's all very juvenile. I'm happy she's found someone she really likes but to be honest, he feels more like a prop. He should be up on her handbag shelf.

Faces by Grace - I have seen more of her daughter than I see of most of my family. I know so much about their lives that I really had no interest in and I worry about personal safety. I don't think it's fair to have her daughter all over social media like that and with my paranoid hat on, I think she's set her daughter up for loosing any sense of privacy, in particular with biometric data. I lost all respect for Grace months ago when she was at a wedding that asked that there'd be no pictures on social media - well Grace couldn't help herself. I remember there was one photo at the table and I think the couple's name was viable on the place card. Grace took more than one photo that night because she just can't help herself and I felt so sorry for the b&g.

Laura's views - huge fan which is weird because I'm the opposite of a vegan! I think she keeps things nice and light and will say "this isn't a sponsored post but I saw this deadly deal and thought you might like i" without it being a hint for sponsorship or a hidden sp post. She's just very natural. I love that she doesn't show off Dean in full. I like the odd glimpse of him in the background or his leg. The video of him doing the hotel tour was gas. Unlike MUF, Laura's Views are about Laura and not Laura & Dean and their #relationshipgoals. It seems more more natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Aw no, say it ain't so!

Either way my point still stands, when they were together, he wasn't plastered all over her snaps and videos. Also I really like the fact that she doesn't disclose where she works or her field.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

via4 wrote: »
    Just to add on the blogger I talked about the other day she went & did one of her "talks" in a company then came out to her car & had a cry on instagram there were people walking past the car it was a bit mad to watch she just keeps talking about her addiction problems she had in the past. I get it must be tough but I think she needs to talk about these things in therapy not to her phone. She's making her private business public domain we can all get teary at times but

who is it? your allowed name names on here like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

mel123 wrote: »
    who is it? your allowed name names on here like

It's very hard to follow these threads sometimes :( !!!

Alison canavan sorry guys just seen this now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

I've never seen Grace as excited as she was the other day talking about how many views/likes/news articles she got for snapping while in labour with Sienna.
    The next one will probably be streamed on Facebook Live in its entirety.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

I've never seen Grace as excited as she was the other day talking about how many views/likes/news articles she got for snapping while in labour with Sienna.
    The next one will probably be streamed on Facebook Live in its entirety.

Yep. I remember her snapping from the ward "look Spin 103 are talking about us". She was beaming. I said bet tomorrow she mentions her viewing numbers and lo and behold....

Its not healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

That is really sad. Imagine being in having your first born and that's what's occuping your thoughts?
    No words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

Only back from Portugal and missed a lot.

MUF posted on ig about toasting to a new chapter in their lives. Everyone is assuming they're engaged. Which is not actually surprising considering her 'wifey' post last week and then her 'wifey' jumper today, she then had to clear it up that it's actually a brand.

In my opinion she seems to be really creating a false reality around herself. Her mam is borderline obsessed with joanne social media. He seems to be a little more private on his page and if he does post a pic on his insta gram he generally ties into his work. I think she has been consumed by the couples goals hash tag and everything seems a little forced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Faces has been very quiet today. Not that I'm complaining. Glad to have a break from SEESEE the gorgie girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Faces musnt have any sponsored content so ;-) joking, but no really. I cannot fathom how her family and friends havent fallen out with her due to her relentless snapping, they have no privacy when she's around. Though I will say her sister seems to not allow her snap the babies face which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

fussyonion wrote: »
    Faces has been very quiet today. Not that I'm complaining. Glad to have a break from SEESEE the gorgie girl.

Must have had nothing to advertise

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

fussyonion wrote: »

Saw on her FB that SeeSee the gorgie girl took her first steps a couple of days ago and Chris "managed" to video some more steps the following day. How did she manage to miss snapping the first steps when she's always on the phone???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Saw on her FB that SeeSee the gorgie girl took her first steps a couple of days ago and Chris "managed" to video some more steps the following day. How did she manage to miss snapping the first steps when she's always on the phone???

That prob explains why she hasn't been online that much this weekend, she's prob roaring over missing the first steps live on snapchats.. think of the views that would have gotten her, not to mention a shoe deal for SeeSee.

Maybe she took a much needed break from snapping every aspect of the childs life and simply enjoyed it? Same with the birthday?

• Advertisement

I reckon it might having something to do with getting called out by the ASAI http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/asai-irish-influencers-sponsored-posts

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm sorry but I found it so funny that she snaps every second of that child's life and then in the middle of a bloody ad she has a melter that she missed the first steps!
    It must be sad to miss them but Jaysus the irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Wexy86

My girl is a few days older than Sienna and I get that you’d be raging to miss the first steps but is nothing scared for the poor child? The second Chris sent the video she uploaded it for everyone to see, there isn’t one milestone that she’s kept to herself. A few months ago it was ‘so easy’ to have a child and now she’s ‘hard work’ and it’s tough having early starts around 7AM. Jesus wept. If only she knew what hard work was, try juggling a full time job, her own home and a family like a lot of women do and she’ll learn about hard work.

She needs to take a step back and figure out what her long term career plan is as it appears the bigger brands are starting to distance themselves from her. Her influencing status is starting to dwindle and i honestly believe it’s all down her daily content of SFA.

Wexy86 wrote: »
    My girl is a few days older than Sienna and I get that you’d be raging to miss the first steps but is nothing scared for the poor child? The second Chris sent the video she uploaded it for everyone to see, there isn’t one milestone that she’s kept to herself. A few months ago it was ‘so easy’ to have a child and now she’s ‘hard work’ and it’s tough having early starts around 7AM. Jesus wept. If only she knew what hard work was, try juggling a full time job, her own home and a family like a lot of women do and she’ll learn about hard work.

She needs to take a step back and figure out what her long term career plan is as it appears the bigger brands are starting to distance themselves from her. Her influencing status is starting to dwindle and i honestly believe it’s all down her daily content of SFA.
    I don't think she will take a step back because it's obviously paying off for her. Today she's #sp by Jervis to go and get a new winter wardrobe. I'm actually jealous. I'm not jealous that she gets to go shopping for new bits and pieces (that she might not need) but that she's getting them for free / collaborating when I'm sitting here thinking how I can scrape some money together for a decent winter coat.

I just LOVE when her "busy days" revolve around an event or two or a lunch for an hour (where she usually gets free ****) and then doing some housework or going to the gym or her NCT. She lists off the most average things as if she's being extraordinary when they're things most of us fit in around full working weeks or looking after a family etc.
     We'd all love to sit about and not do washing etc but you just bloody do it, it's called being an adult and it aint going away so you just get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZd9ncrBudF/

There was nothing random about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I FKING HATE people starting sentences with 'When'.
    What does it even mean?????
    'When he randomly books a holiday...'
    When what?
    I don't understand this form of speaking.

12 holidays in 12 months!! It must be exhausting though, all that travel and constant social media. It must be even more exhausting because I don't think Joanne keeps any of her clothes, they go straight up on Depop - so every holiday / trip she has to start again with the wardrobe. There's no way I could do that. I wonder about Paul's wardrobe, does she make him coordinate with hers?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

I don't get the clothes thing at all! I LOVE my clothes. If I buy something, then it's because I love it on me; I want to wear it several times. Does she not miss her stuff once she wears it and sells it?!? It's like the only value she gives to outfits depends on how they look in a photo. She doesn't seem to get real life enjoyment out of clothes.

I have seen some fab dresses on her, then she bloody sells them! She has herself under awful pressure to be an ever turning carousel of disposable outfits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,421 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I would think she gets an awful amount of free clothes. She then sells these clothes after a single wear.

Advertisement