Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Planner Trouble

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭caimitator

Well, my older sister just unfriended me on Facebook. So, I guess this is what it is now.

Ah OP :(

Look at the longer term bright side. You are getting married to an amazing man. You may have children in the future. If you do, you’ll raise them to not treat their siblings this way.

Go to your in laws for Christmas, have fun and unwind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

caimitator wrote: »
    Well, my older sister just unfriended me on Facebook. So, I guess this is what it is now.

Let that be it now. No more fretting about her. At this stage I assume you have decided on replacement bridesmaids so focus on them and if you don't have anyone else close enough to ask then cut back. You only really need one bridesmaid and one best man. I don't think things will ever be right with your sisters again and by the sounds of them you're better off without them in your life. When you accept that and are free of them and their dramas, you'll wonder why you didn't cut them off years ago! Concentrate on your OH and the family you will be together.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

caimitator wrote:

Wow. How mean and immature of her. It's no wonder people don't like getting married in Ireland

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Sounds like there's been some discussion between her and the younger one in the background. If eloping isn't an option, at this stage I'd just be telling them that neither of them is welcome at the wedding. Tell your parents also and if the two sisters come back to them whining about it, they can let them know it's their own fault. I'd bring your OH with you for backup on this. Then forget about them as far as possible and try to enjoy the run up to the wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Op, you dont technically need any bridesmaids or groomsmen. All you need are two witnesses.

But I feel for you op, imo your sisters are putting everyone in a tough situation. I think you should just stay away from the situation, don't get involved with anything your sisters throw at you, or if they try drag you into a situation through your parents etc. At the end of the day your the only one going to suffer.

As for posters saying the OP is making too big a thing if not being able to talk about the wedding over the Christmas, I don't think it's a case of the op wanting to not shut up about the wedding, I think it's just that she doesn't want want It to be a 'banned' topic, and why should it be? I know from personal experience, there's nothing worse than your wedding being the elephant in the room that no-one wants to mention. And for the op it's a horrible position to be in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

That is very very sad and childish.

My own sister blocked me on Whatsapp and hasn't spoken to me since my own wedding six months ago. It all came from family drama leading up to my wedding and after it.

The annoying thing is that she still has a picture of her and I at the wedding as her profile picture on Facebook. Anything for the likely likes.

Our relationship has gone beyond the point of repair at this stage.

I second what another OP has said, put your time and energy into your relationship and concentrate on being happy.

Crap like this just eats you up. Why have people in your life who don't champion you and your happiness.

Life is too short to deal with other people's constant drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭caimitator

Well I’ve been told by my family to delete this thread. Can someone advise me how to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Well I’ve been told by my family to delete this thread. Can someone advise me how to do this?

You can PM a moderator on the forum to do that.

So sorry you're going through all of this and if you need somewhere to vent please do come back for support.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cogitoergosum

Dear Readers

It appears the OP left out quite a few salient details in an effort to garner sympathy from strangers online. [MOD SNIP]

1. The "ever so supportive SO" has a history of… actually I was raised better than to air my dirty laundry online. Let’s just say the relationship hasn’t always exactly been the smooth sailing she implies.

2. The sister in question (whose birthday coincides with the wedding day) has never willingly celebrated her own birthday, let alone thrown a party or demanded a massive commemoration of the occasion, at any age, for any milestone.

3. The sister in question has also never once received a text about the wedding that she did not respond to.

4. ...

Actually it is impossible and quite frankly a waste of time to try and point out the countless lies, misquotes and outlandish reimaginings of several events that she has portrayed here but perhaps the fact that this thread started out as one involving drama over a wedding planner and, once she got some responses, turned into a bitchfest about people who had no opportunity to defend themselves will give you some indication of the MO of the OP.

[MOD SNIP]

Rest assured that the drama begins, as always, with C and ends in aimitator.

• Advertisement

Huh?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Locked pending review.

Mod Note:

We've reviewed the thread and since it has now gotten personal, it's no longer appropriate for us to keep it open here. The thread will remain locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement