Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EUR75 Cashback from Booking.com when you spend aminimum EUR225

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

TheDriver wrote: »
    if its separate years, I think it counts?

Maybe. We'll know in about 4 months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Porridge77

Thanks again to the OP - what a great Bargain Alert.

My experience: I used the link for 3 separate bookings. The bookings were all within a 10 day window on holidays. When I logged into my account all 3 were pending for €75 cashback.

I received the funds back for two of my bookings, and on the third it took nearly a good week for it to be still pending and then when I checked back online it was deemed not eligible.

I emailed and no joy. I eventually spoke to a person in Customer Care, who passed my query over to the relevant department - and I got back the below response.

"We have reached out to our Refer a Friend team, and according to the records, you have already been rewarded for this campaign twice for the following reservations : 1521.xxx.xxx and
    1186.xxx.xxx.

You have already received the maximum reward for this campaign, as per the terms and conditions.

For this reason, your reservation 209xxxxxx, is no longer eligible for the reward."

I have asked for the terms and conditions - but I'm still waiting a week later, so I'm not holding out much hope, but I'm delighted I got the €150 back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The terms and conditions are available in the Green Band under the Got It button from the link given a few pages ago:

https://www.booking.com/index.html?a...RFlu08MUYpkuQQ

In particular it says:
    Booking.com will only recognize one Eligible Reservation per Participant per campaign to count for an Incentive Bonus. Participants may only receive Incentive Bonuses from a maximum of 3 different campaigns per year, including Refer-a-Friend campaigns.

I would take it that this means you can only use the €75 back for €225 once, plus once from 2 other incentive bonus campaigns. But you might be lucky as poster above said they got paid twice.

My stay is coming up in September but the €75 has since gone missing from the Earn Money part of my account, and I booked a second one with same account/card details for December which has it in the confirmation email but not showing in the Earn money section either. From the T&Cs the second one may come back as ineligible.

While booking both of these stays, I clicked the box for them to use the credit card I made the bookings with for the refund. This triggered them keeping my card details on file as I've made a few other bookings now and it has the card stored (obvious now that I think of it but I had intentionally not given them permission to store the card details up until then).

But also I keep getting emails about the Invite a Friend campaign, mentioning that I'll soon be getting €75 back once my travel is complete, but how about referring a few friends for €15 each in the meantime. This email doesn't refer to a specific booking about the €75 back :confused: I guess we'll see once the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Poochie05 wrote: »
    The terms and conditions are available in the Green Band under the Got It button from the link given a few pages ago:

https://www.booking.com/index.html?a...RFlu08MUYpkuQQ

In particular it says:

I would take it that this means you can only use the €75 back for €225 once, plus once from 2 other incentive bonus campaigns. But you might be lucky as poster above said they got paid twice.

My stay is coming up in September but the €75 has since gone missing from the Earn Money part of my account, and I booked a second one with same account/card details for December which has it in the confirmation email but not showing in the Earn money section either. From the T&Cs the second one may come back as ineligible.

While booking both of these stays, I clicked the box for them to use the credit card I made the bookings with for the refund. This triggered them keeping my card details on file as I've made a few other bookings now and it has the card stored (obvious now that I think of it but I had intentionally not given them permission to store the card details up until then).

But also I keep getting emails about the Invite a Friend campaign, mentioning that I'll soon be getting €75 back once my travel is complete, but how about referring a few friends for €15 each in the meantime. This email doesn't refer to a specific booking about the €75 back :confused: I guess we'll see once the time comes.

That's my reading of it too and my experience. I think Porridge77 got lucky!

I think you'll be fine with your first booking.

Yeah that's what I'm expecting.

It sounds like their IT system wasn't set up to handle these offers, going by reports of the rewrads appearing and disappearing in people's accounts and people seeing the €75 back text in existing bookings if they looked at them using the link for this offer.
    I'd say someone is trawling through a load of bookings and accounts manually adusting them!!
    To be fair €75 back on €225 is a very good offer! I'll be happy with it even once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Cheers Op, got my €75 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭PopTarts

It says to get your reward you'll need to provide us with a credit card.

Is a Visa Debit card ok?

Sorry if it's a stupid question haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Clicking on all the links now posted in thread and article - both banners seems to be gone now ... I've cleared cache etc but no joy .. I wonder is it over? thankfully I've made one €75 booking already so thanks OP!!

Is this over, I wonder? I have clicked on all the links in thread and article, cleared cache etc ... but no banner.
    Thankfully I have made my booking already for €75 off ... I was going for No.2 .... so thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Still works with the 2nd link posted in this thread at post 200, original link doesn't work, try another computer perhaps.

• Advertisement

air wrote: »
    Still works with the 2nd link posted in this thread at post 200, original link doesn't work, try another computer perhaps.

thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭leecurlywurly

I made two bookings, availing of 40e off and 75e off promotion respectively. I'm pretty sure I remembered them appearing in my earnings tab but after reading the latest comments on this thread about them disappearing - I just checked again and sure enough they're gone altogether from my account now. I do have a confirmation email for the first booking where it does say I'll earn 75e reward after my stay but for the email confirmation for the other booking, there's nothing to say I'll get a 40e reward after my stay.

I'm deaf so can't phone up. Having a load of trouble getting an email address for their customer rewards team as I want assurance that I will get paid these rewards - can anyone help please? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭madscone

Just an observation, booked through a hotel in killarney for 3 nights, which incl breakfast, same hotel and dates on booking.com was €69 more expensive. still shop around i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deepsilent

I made two bookings, availing of 40e off and 75e off promotion respectively. I'm pretty sure I remembered them appearing in my earnings tab but after reading the latest comments on this thread about them disappearing - I just checked again and sure enough they're gone altogether from my account now. I do have a confirmation email for the first booking where it does say I'll earn 75e reward after my stay but for the email confirmation for the other booking, there's nothing to say I'll get a 40e reward after my stay.

I'm deaf so can't phone up. Having a load of trouble getting an email address for their customer rewards team as I want assurance that I will get paid these rewards - can anyone help please? Thanks in advance!

I contacted them through the "customer service help" link in their footer, then "still need help?" option "other".

It took them about 10 days to answer, they told me to add my card to receive the money, but I told them I had already done it so they sent me another email to with another link to claim the money again.
    I did it yesterday I hope I'll get it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

madscone wrote: »
    Just an observation, booked through a hotel in killarney for 3 nights, which incl breakfast, same hotel and dates on booking.com was €69 more expensive. still shop around i guess.

Yeah I found that as well. Booked hotel through booking.com and only after stay did I realise it was 40euro more expensive than actually going direct through hotel website. But still got money back though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I noticed prices went up about 2 days into that offer

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭gandalfio

air wrote: »

Is there a quick way of finding post 200 without having to count from the op down?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

TheDriver wrote: »
    I noticed prices went up about 2 days into that offer

I cancelled and rebooked 4 hotels all for the same price about a week or so after the offer started so i don't think prices going up and the offer is a direct relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Can anybody confirm that this offer can be availed of more than once? Have booked a hotel in Alicante for a couple of weeks and want to book another in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

stuba wrote: »
    Can anybody confirm that this offer can be availed of more than once? Have booked a hotel in Alicante for a couple of weeks and want to book another in October.

I am pretty sure (but can not confirm) that it can not be used more than once on one account.
    I think you need a different account to use it more than once, but you can stack offers (apparently - i have not tried yet).
    You could get the $40 refund from $80 and £40 from £120 and $25 from $50, and stack 2 of them for the 2nd offer (I think they are all here in BA, but i am unable to search right now.).
    You can only use 3 offers per year per account - According to t&c but i am just repeating somebody else, i do not know for sure.

You could always open a 2nd account and try again.

• Advertisement

stuba wrote: »

See my post above (Post 244).

The T&Cs say you can only use it once, although one poster here has said he managed to use it twice but he got an email for a third booking saying it was ineligible.
    So you can take a chance but don't be surprised if it doesn't work a second time.

Consider using one of the other offers as Suckit has suggested, as you can use 3 different offers on the same account.

Can anyone help me

I've booked 3 Trips with booking

2 deals with 40 dollar return in September and another in December with €75 return

Once I've checked out each time I'll get my money back in my bank account?

Just nervous I won't get the money back

Can anyone help me

2 deals with 40 dollar return in September and another in December with €75 return

What do you want people to say? The deal is you don't get the money back until after you stay, other people have redeemed the deal successfully, what's your issue?
    At the end of the day you shouldn't be relying on things like this if you're to the pin of your collar to finance your trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Can anyone help me

Check your email confirmations and see if the cash back is mentioned. Mine has a line towards the bottom with the title 'my reward', says under it 'you'll receive your award after you've completed your stay'
    If it doesn't say that I would probably cancel (assuming free cancellation is allowed). Then try again with a new email address and account

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Check your email confirmations and see if the cash back is mentioned. Mine has a line towards the bottom with the title 'my reward', says under it 'you'll receive your award after you've completed your stay'
    If it doesn't say that I would probably cancel (assuming free cancellation is allowed). Then try again with a new email address and account

Mine doesn't mention it in the email though it did show up under my rewards previously. I emailed them and this was their answer:
    We have checked the confirmation details on our system and can see your reservation did qualify for a 75 Euro cash back. This was part of a limited user group which is why you will not see the same offer on Booking.com currently. However, you will receive an email around 72 hours after your departure from The Bayleaf Intramuros, with the instructions on how to claim this cash back amount.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

i am looking at a hotel, but it does not meet the minimum, so if i book 2 hotel rooms will that qualify can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Lenny wrote: »
    i am looking at a hotel, but it does not meet the minimum, so if i book 2 hotel rooms will that qualify can anyone confirm?

Does it say you can cancel booking without charge? If it does why not book two rooms and see if it says about getting your 75euro reward.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

mad m wrote: »
    Does it say you can cancel booking without charge? If it does why not book two rooms and see if it says about getting your 75euro reward.

there is options to pay now, or pay later and cancel without penalty.. maybe ill just give them a call,

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

Lenny wrote: »

I did that and it worked for me. 2 rooms were over 225 and I got paid the 75.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's the value of the total booking that matters I'd imagine, doesn't have to be a single room for 225 or more a night.

Advertisement