Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EUR75 Cashback from Booking.com when you spend aminimum EUR225

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

So the three other bookings I had have now been changed to 'not eligible'... I have the screenshots showing them saying I'd get the money back after my stay before I clicked confirm.. so surely this should help? Or is it not worth trying to get them to give the refunds?

It seems misleading and unfair that they promise the refund before you stay.. and then right after you stay they change it to not eligible!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

I wouldn't worry about it until after your stay.

air wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it until after your stay.

That's what I'm saying. My stay is over and then it changed to 'not eligible'!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

Can someone help me? I'm booking 2 rooms in Dublin. Individually both rooms are less than 225 total cost is over 350. Does this qualify as being over the 225 requirement because I'm booking two rooms?

That's what I'm saying. My stay is over and then it changed to 'not eligible'!

Apologies, I misunderstood. How long is it since your stay ended?
    I availed of the €15 cash back (similar offer) and it was 6 days later before I got an email with instructions on how to claim the cash back.

• Advertisement

Apologies, I misunderstood. How long is it since your stay ended?
    I availed of the €15 cash back (similar offer) and it was 6 days later before I got an email with instructions on how to claim the cash back.

4 days. The actual booking is now showing as not eligible on my rewards area on the site. So annoying.

Give it a few days. It doesn't show up under rewards in my account, it's under "All Bookings". I've no idea when it appeared there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

I got an email saying 'welcome back, we hope you enjoyed your trip, now it's time to cash in the reward we promised, €75'.
    Nut there is nothing clickable on the link and I can't see where to redeem it on bookings site.

That's normal, I got the same, had to go into the website to enter the credit card details to receive the reward.

Just to update, booking.com have refused to give me my reward despite the screenshots. So disappointed. Dreadful customer service by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Just to update, booking.com have refused to give me my reward despite the screenshots. So disappointed. Dreadful customer service by the way.

What was their rationale for not giving it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

mel.b wrote: »
    What was their rationale for not giving it?

That you can only use it once I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Their customer service is appalling, only on threatening them with Trading Standards in the UK, did they finally relent and say it was falsely advertised and I was over charged. I'm still waiting on actual refund though. This is going on since April.

I don't care what the saving is, I'll never use booking.com again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Have to say I'm surprised at the experiences here. I had my €75 come in without hassle and in the past found the phone customer support to be great, surprisingly helpful when I'd made a mess of a booking. Fingers crossed everyone gets sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

That's normal, I got the same, had to go into the website to enter the credit card details to receive the reward.

Do you have a link to where on the website this can be claimed?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Luna Moon Hunter

So at long last I just heard back from Booking.com and despite the pending €75 incentive disappearing from my Earnings it seems to be all good. Roll on November so :) Hope everyone else gets sorted too.

''Dear Luna Moon Hunter

Thank you for choosing Booking.com.

I am writing to you regarding your reservation XXXXXXXXXX at Hotel Des Artistes.

I can assure you still have the 75 EUR incentive pending for this reservation. You should receive an email 2 days after your stay that will allow you to claim the reward.

Once you accepted the offer and booked the room it automatically notated the reservation about the offer. As long as this reservation stays active then.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

Kind regards,

--
    Lori M.
    Booking.com Customer Service Team. ''

That you can only use it once I presume?

Yeah that was it. However I stated that it shouldn't have been offered in the first place on the confirmation page as it's misleading. I understand it's in the T and C but still. Misleading that it shows as eligible in the rewards section until AFTER the stay is over and paid for in full. Only then does it change to not eligible!

Yeah that was it. However I stated that it shouldn't have been offered in the first place on the confirmation page as it's misleading. I understand it's in the T and C but still. Misleading that it shows as eligible in the rewards section until AFTER the stay is over and paid for in full. Only then does it change to not eligible!

Their system messed up. It shouldn't have even been possible to use the link twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭VonLuck

How long after entering your details did it take for your €75 to end up in your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I never got it and emailed them I took a screenshot of it at the time and sent it in hope

They called me today and said it had been approved and the email would follow where I can put in my details.

All in a day it was turned around

I've photos of the offer on the screen if anyone needs it send me a DM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

Anyone got the email address to contact them regarding this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Zico ! wrote: »
    Anyone got the email address to contact them regarding this

I'd like to know what address people are using also, all I've gotten are automatic replies giving me details of how to message the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Luna Moon Hunter

NDWC wrote: »
    I'd like to know what address people are using also, all I've gotten are automatic replies giving me details of how to message the property.

You can contact them through Contact us if you download the App. This way your query is automatically linked to your account and your booking.

Otherwise customer.service@booking.com should also work according to the information listed in Help Centre under the booking.

Or just here - just scroll down to Email us and that's it -

https://secure.booking.com/content/cs.en-gb.html?label=gen173nr-1BCAEoggJCAlhYSDNiBW5vcmVmaGmIAQKYAS64AQnIARHYAQHoAQGSAgF5qAID;sid=1dd49cfceb7837b9e267ebadd9736e6b

Under Email us there's also Still need help which gives you phone number too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Got the offer on an existing booking then took a screenshot - offer vanished off booking after we stayed, emailed them, it got sent to rewards team, finally got the money yesterday - took about a month all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

So I checked out of my hotel on Thursday morning just gone, got an email within a couple of hours saying this ....

"Getting your € 75 reward from Booking.com

We hope you have an awesome trip! After your stay, you'll get an email about your € 75 reward from Booking.com. The reward is paid to your preferred credit card and sent shortly after that."

No email has arrived as yet? Should I have got it by now?
    I have it still showing on my booking confirmation and on my rewards section .
    I also completed my review and downloaded the booking.com app as per the terms and conditions.

Anything else I should do? Should I wait a bit longer before contacting customer service?
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ssi250

Did you put the credit card details in your account for the refund?

I have several upcoming reservations that showed a 75 Euro or 40 usd refund in my rewards that have now disappeared in my rewards section.  Has anybody else had a response from booking.com regarding this issue?

ssi250 wrote: »
    I have several upcoming reservations that showed a 75 Euro or 40 usd refund in my rewards that have now disappeared in my rewards section.  Has anybody else had a response from booking.com regarding this issue?

See earlier in the thread. They'll say each can only be used once as per their T&Cs.

Sorry should have been more concise.  Partner and I each have one 75 euro as well one 40 usd reservation in our separate accounts and both of us have nothing showing in the rewards now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

andrew1977 wrote: »
    So I checked out of my hotel on Thursday morning just gone, got an email within a couple of hours saying this ....

"Getting your € 75 reward from Booking.com

We hope you have an awesome trip! After your stay, you'll get an email about your € 75 reward from Booking.com. The reward is paid to your preferred credit card and sent shortly after that."

No email has arrived as yet? Should I have got it by now?
    I have it still showing on my booking confirmation and on my rewards section .
    I also completed my review and downloaded the booking.com app as per the terms and conditions.

Anything else I should do? Should I wait a bit longer before contacting customer service?
    Thank you

Edit : Update on this , my email from booking.com arrived this morning to "claim my 75 euro "
    Clicked on the link provided in the email, ticked the box to save this credit card as the card to pay my rewards to, save changes, all done.
    I shall watch the card for the next while to see the 75 euro refund hits, but looks on track now.

Advertisement