Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a Vanillager AMA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Tell me about it!!! It was almost blind luck that we all found each other last meet!!

Thank jebus for cross's bright red jacket lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ah c'mon. Surely there'll be a code phrase and everything, "The starling has landed safely in Shannon"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"Do you know much about road traffic accidents?" seems fairly coded enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

sKeith wrote: »

yeah but I don't fancy going up to randos in a bar asking them something like that and inviting weirdos to engage with me!! I'll be there to meet a very specific set of weirdos!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

yeah but I don't fancy going up to randos in a bar asking them something like that and inviting weirdos to engage with me!! I'll be there to meet a very specific set of weirdos!!

we would just look at you like yer mental anyway

• Advertisement

we would just look at you like yer mental anyway

You wouldn't be wrong!

Did you enjoy having a village named after you?

I have trouble making out what your avatar is. Can you assist?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Last meet, and Digi said he'd be there with his girlfriend. So I was walking up to young fellas sitting with ladies, asking if they were "Digital Solitude". I got some mega weird looks. Digi ended up not even bringing his girlfriend anyway, so I was looking in the whole wrong demographic from the outset - fecker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

quickbeam wrote: »
    Last meet, and Digi said he'd be there with his girlfriend. So I was walking up to young fellas sitting with ladies, asking if they were "Digital Solitude". I got some mega weird looks. Digi ended up not even bringing his girlfriend anyway, so I was looking in the whole wrong demographic from the outset - fecker!!

I had a similar experience for my first PW boards meet up in 2013 in the woolshed. I was going around asking lads "Are you Moneymaker"???? Felt like a tool.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I had a similar experience for my first PW boards meet up in 2013 in the woolshed. I was going around asking lads "Are you Moneymaker"???? Felt like a tool.

I genuinely lol'd at this out loud at my desk!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Mrs FD, isn't your avi on change of plan games you IRL tho...there's a head pic you can update straight away Mahama!

It's the only way i'll be able to identify the boardsies at a meet-up! otherwise it'll be like a weird mass blind date scenario! we'll all have to wear a red carnation or something!!

Yeah that is a recent enough pic. I will send the one I showed Mahama prior to meeting so it makes it easier :)

Brian?

I genuinely lol'd at this out loud at my desk!!

Thankfully the Woolshed was full of Wrestling fans so it wasnt so bad. But it was a great story to break the ice when I did find the boardies, who all turned out to be fairly sound.

Brian?

Yeah Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Two Christmas related ones (if you are a fan)

What's your favourite Christmas film?

What's your favourite Christmas song?

Yeah Bryan

Small world lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Small world lol

I've been meaning to say to you actually MrsF, I think my dad knows you/MrF from Irish Poker Boards. Not sure how prolific a poster he would be but he definitely recognised your username when I asked him. Lol. I think his handle is BigPat60 when he's playing. I assume it's the same as his username.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I've been meaning to say to you actually MrsF, I think my dad knows you/MrF from Irish Poker Boards. Not sure how prolific a poster he would be but he definitely recognised your username when I asked him. Lol. I think his handle is BigPat60 when he's playing. I assume it's the same as his username.

Bigbadpat? I think that is his username from IPB

What a very small world it is Molly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Bigbadpat? I think that is his username from IPB

What a very small world it is Molly!

Yeah that totally sounds like a name he would use. Lol. He's a poker nut. Plays constantly so as soon as I heard you were from there I asked him if he knew you. Its a scary small world.

This thread is blowing my mind..... we are all connevted someway.... like that movie Crash

• Advertisement

Yeah that totally sounds like a name he would use. Lol. He's a poker nut. Plays constantly so as soon as I heard you were from there I asked him if he knew you. Its a scary small world.

He made a T-shirt for my friend for an IPB meetup that actually was this day 5 years ago! It was a Sat-Nav T-shirt and is her IPB avatar to this day. She organised the meet up, not sure why I wasn't there, I think my hen was close to it and just the then hubby to be went.

He will remember the night, karaoke after the poker and seemed a great night!

I am also friends with him on FB :) Had a stalk to see if I could see who I thought was you but couldn't. It really is crazy how small the world is and with the poker world there are so many folks in it. (Poker is how I met my hubby!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Where is home in Ireland? I saw you mention Tipperary earlier?

Our plan of stealing your identity is almost complete with all these questions! Lol.
    Home is indeed Tipperary, my parents are still there. I gave 3 years in Kilkenny and 3 in Cork as well though. :)

Haha I thought about that, but no-one asked me ma's maiden name yet! :P Also, for all ye know I could be a squat, 49 year old trucker named Bob writing to ye from the wilds of Cavan. :pac:
    This is one of my fave memories of Werewolf now! :P I love that Raze was just like WTF.

I have trouble making out what your avatar is. Can you assist?
    A village?? :confused:
    The avatar thing always amuses me, it's a cropped screen grab of a filtered pic of me - neck and torso. It's something I barely thought about but I've been asked loads about it over the years. The best was someone asking why I chose a bird as my avatar! :pac: I'll update though when I change names. :P 'Tis the season after all!

Funnily enough, we had the opposite. One of the Irish bars here started a English comedy night and we were there early to get seats. One lad with a heavy eastern accent says to us, "are you here for the event, is that seat free" so we let him sit. He's constantly trying to involve himself in our conversation, asking how long we're here, where we met etc but we just thought he was lonely so thought nothing of it. Anyways, the warm up comedian plays and then the presenter comes on with an announcement that the meetup.com table is upstairs and your man looks at us and asks if we want to go or if we're comfortable here. We look at him like he's mad and it slowly dawns on all of us that he thinks we're whatever crowd he wanted to meet. Apparently at the start he had said "are you here for the meetup event" and none of us had heard that. We found it hilarious but your man acted like we purposefully deceived him and he ran to the other group. :rolleyes::p
    Barney92 wrote: »
    Two Christmas related ones (if you are a fan)

What's your favourite Christmas film?

What's your favourite Christmas song?
    What in the name of Jebus got you thinking about Christmas in July. You're not one of...those... people are you?? :pac:

Am, himself started a tradition a few years back that we watch National Lampoon Christmas Vacation and over the years I've started to find it hilarious. There is also a weird German tradition that everyone watches a short called "dinner for one" on New Years Eve. Everyone. Even now at New Years house parties, it'll be put on. Back in the days before Netflix and millions of channels, they used to show it on every German TV station at the same time on New Years. They also find it hilarious, and the contagious laughing has gotten to me over the years now too.

Fairytale of New York is without a doubt my fave Christmas song. For me, it's not Christmas season until it's played on the radio. I was at a pub in Temple Bar after a conference in early November in Dublin last year and the bloody guitarist started in on Fairytale and I had to have words with him afterwards! :p
    Mahama, you never answered my q about what we all look like in your mind!!
    Well, some quick thoughts coz like I said in my experience people tend to get annoyed! :P I can't explain most of these, so please forgive my brain. Here's the handful that posted recently.

You have changed your name, but mental pic is still the same. Dark hair, shorter than average, floral dress. Girly, cute, bouncy. Dot from the animaniacs basically. :P That hasn't changed at all since your new name, but now you also have long claws nails.
    Molly is a red head with freckles. Big nordie accent now! Average height, slim but surprisingly strong. Bit of a tomboy. Friendly smile.
    Uriel sounds like a mix between Hugh Laurie in House and Andy Samberg (Jake Peralta) in Brooklyn 99.
    BJ, apologies for this as you're new so I'm still forming a head pic, but initially
    after the "Protect lisa" comment you became Ralph Wiggum in my head. That'll be revised next game. :)
    Barney, no relation to the purple monstrosity. In my head, Barney is very good looking. Basically, Barney from How I Met your Mother, but paler and with longer, brown hair.
    Mick is always to be found in converse and jeans.
    Flush's headpic has been flushed since I saw her head pic, and QB I already did.

*runs away*

Home is indeed Tipperary, my parents are still there. I gave 3 years in Kilkenny and 3 in Cork as well though. :)

Haha I thought about that, but no-one asked me ma's maiden name yet! :P Also, for all ye know I could be a squat, 49 year old trucker named Bob writing to ye from the wilds of Cavan. :pac:

This is one of my fave memories of Werewolf now! :P I love that Raze was just like WTF.

The avatar thing always amuses me, it's a cropped screen grab of a filtered pic of me - neck and torso. It's something I barely thought about but I've been asked loads about it over the years. The best was someone asking why I chose a bird as my avatar! :pac: I'll update though when I change names. :P 'Tis the season after all!

Funnily enough, we had the opposite. One of the Irish bars here started a English comedy night and we were there early to get seats. One lad with a heavy eastern accent says to us, "are you here for the event, is that seat free" so we let him sit. He's constantly trying to involve himself in our conversation, asking how long we're here, where we met etc but we just thought he was lonely so thought nothing of it. Anyways, the warm up comedian plays and then the presenter comes on with an announcement that the meetup.com table is upstairs and your man looks at us and asks if we want to go or if we're comfortable here. We look at him like he's mad and it slowly dawns on all of us that he thinks we're whatever crowd he wanted to meet. Apparently at the start he had said "are you here for the meetup event" and none of us had heard that. We found it hilarious but your man acted like we purposefully deceived him and he ran to the other group. :rolleyes::p

What in the name of Jebus got you thinking about Christmas in July. You're not one of...those... people are you?? :pac:

Am, himself started a tradition a few years back that we watch National Lampoon Christmas Vacation and over the years I've started to find it hilarious. There is also a weird German tradition that everyone watches a short called "dinner for one" on New Years Eve. Everyone. Even now at New Years house parties, it'll be put on. Back in the days before Netflix and millions of channels, they used to show it on every German TV station at the same time on New Years. They also find it hilarious, and the contagious laughing has gotten to me over the years now too.

Fairytale of New York is without a doubt my fave Christmas song. For me, it's not Christmas season until it's played on the radio. I was at a pub in Temple Bar after a conference in early November in Dublin last year and the bloody guitarist started in on Fairytale and I had to have words with him afterwards! :p

Well, some quick thoughts coz like I said in my experience people tend to get annoyed! :P I can't explain most of these, so please forgive my brain. Here's the handful that posted recently.

You have changed your name, but mental pic is still the same. Dark hair, shorter than average, floral dress. Girly, cute, bouncy. Dot from the animaniacs basically. :P That hasn't changed at all since your new name, but now you also have long claws nails.

Uriel sounds like a mix between Hugh Laurie in House and Andy Samberg (Jake Peralta) in Brooklyn 99.
    Barney, no relation to the purple monstrosity. In my head, Barney is very good looking. Basically, Barney from How I Met your Mother, but paler and with longer, brown hair.

That's funny! I'm just under 5'9!!! I am more of a girly girl tho so you're not far off!

That's also my impression of Barney, I imagine him to be the best looking of us, (though I do have a low key thing for Jake Peralta!!)

BJ, apologies for this as you're new so I'm still forming a head pic, but initially
    after the "Protect lisa" comment you became Ralph Wiggum in my head. That'll be revised next game. :)

Ha Its ok, intellectually you’re not far wrong, thank god I don’t have his haircut.

I don’t have many mental pictures in my head of you guys except that I imagine Tigger to be like Dexter from Dexters Laboratory. Glasses, short haircut, constant annoyed face mainly due to my incompetence. I base that on absolutely nothing but it’s in my head.

sKeith wrote:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100902132&postcount=1

maybe should have specified 'fictional village'

What's one thing you can't do that you wish you could?

What's your favourite thing about yourself?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

If you had to only ever eat chocolate again, or never ever eat chocolate again, what would you choose?

Can money buy happiness?

What is the biggest challenge you have overcome in your life to date?

What's your greatest fear?

What is your proudest accomplishment in life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

It was the question about favourite theme, I looked at the themes and remembered the Christmas one. Don't worry, places playing Christmas songs in November annoy me also. I've not heard of that one though, the film I mean. I have heard of Fairytale of New York.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Ha Its ok, intellectually you’re not far wrong, thank god I don’t have his haircut.

I don’t have many mental pictures in my head of you guys except that I imagine Tigger to be like Dexter from Dexters Laboratory. Glasses, short haircut, constant annoyed face mainly due to my incompetence. I base that on absolutely nothing but it’s in my head.

I posted pics of me on discord
    I'm a 6'2 18 stone powerlifter biker man child
    I don't wear glasses except wraparounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Tigger wrote: »
    I posted pics of me on discord
    I'm a 6'2 18 stone powerlifter biker man child
    I don't wear glasses except wraparounds

You sound like you shmoke fegs

Advertisement