Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a Vanillager AMA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Uriel. wrote: »

You're playing a 10 person live game of WW. There's you, 4 other boardsies and 5 famous people (dead or alive):
    Pick your 4 boardsies

:)

that's mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Where did the username come from?

Whats your fav colour and why?

Have you a TV show that you think doesnt get enough attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Uriel. wrote: »
    Where's your favorite holiday destination?

Although we know the reference regarding Mahamageehead, what was the thought process behind picking the username (may have been discussed previously)?

You're playing a 10 person live game of WW. There's you, 4 other boardsies and 5 famous people (dead or alive):
    Pick your 4 boardsies
    Pick your 5 famous Werewolfers

:)
    Can't pick a favourite really as I tend not to go back to the same place twice. Is it cheating if I say my favourite is whatever I've planned for the next trip? :pac: Cayo Levantado off the coast of the Dominican Republic was pretty close to paradise on earth though if I had to pick!

I joined Boards back in 2007, during my leaving cert I think. At that stage I had been using the username for a few years, I think I still even have an active Yahoo account under the name. (For anyone now familiar, it's a Team America reference). When I joined Boards, I was too lazy to think of a new "cool" name, so I just went with that. I am currently in the market for a new username however for 2 reasons - a) it's a tad offensive these days and b) 'tis probably time I distanced myself from teenage me online! :P

The last one is really tough. Hmm picking 4 is pretty mean. But if pushed to choose I would go with Cross, Mick, Andy and Jayop. Cross was such a great co-mod, Mick for the music, Andy because in my head he's still a 45 year old man so I think my head impression of him is the wrongest (although QB is a close second) and Jayop coz he started this bloody game here! :P Although, I would take any 4 boardsies, I love ye all equally! 5 famous people - Tim Burton, Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence and Nikola Tesla. Just for the craic.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Where did the username come from?

Whats your fav colour and why?

Have you a TV show that you think doesnt get enough attention?
    Basically explained in the last answer that it's a team america reference, here's the clip:

I'm aware it hasn't aged well in the current political climate, but I nearly got sick laughing in the cinema the first time I saw that movie.

I like turquoise. I have no explanation for why. I barely own anything turquoise, I just like that it's bright while still calming (maybe becuase it reminds me of the ocean) and goes with most things. For clothes and lipstick though, blood red all the way! :)

Hmm, I really like Orphan Black and Black Mirror, both of which most people I know have never heard of. Particularly Orphan Black, Tatiana Masley is an unbelievable actress and she doesn't get half the recognition she deserves.

Follow up Qs, Black Mirror rocks.... a fav episode?

Im unaware of Orphan Black, whats it about? Is it similar to any other shows?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

orphan black, canadian tv show. If you though eddie murphy was good, wait till you see Tatiana Masley in orphan black. Every episode you have a new favorite Tatiana Masley.

Hooked!

if you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?

would you rather be too hot or too cold?

do you blog to pay the bills, or do you have another job if so what is it?

what was your favourite band when you were 16?

what is it now?

sKeith wrote: »
    orphan black, canadian tv show. If you though eddie murphy was good, wait till you see Tatiana Masley in orphan black. Every episode you have a new favorite Tatiana Masley.

Hooked!

Eddie Murphy?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I never heard of the term wankbucket before here. Where did that little beaut of a curse word come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Eddie Murphy?
    he is an actor who does 'multi roles' in 'coming to american', and 'nutty professor'.

• Advertisement

he is an actor who does 'multi roles' in 'coming to american', and 'nutty professor'.

I was wondering why you used him as an example, cheers Keith

Ive read plot outline of the show, its a curious concept.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Andy because in my head he's still a 45 year old man so I think my head impression of him is the wrongest (although QB is a close second) .

Surely if you've read the Deadpool back room you no longer think that of Andy :) And I'm curious now what your head impression of me is.

on that note,

Please describe every member of the ww crew you have a head impression of! you can use tv/movie characters for voice references!

I see Keith already answered on the show part but it's a brill show, currently in 5th and final season. It's an absolute head-melter of a show, S1 is pretty approachable though. And I have a self-diagnosed case of facial blindness so I genuinely was about 4 episodes in before realising that she's the same person!!! Helena (my fave variation) blew my mind.

Hooked!
    I've the latest 2 episodes lined up to binge watch tonight! :) #antisocialMonday
    if you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?

would you rather be too hot or too cold?

do you blog to pay the bills, or do you have another job if so what is it?

what was your favourite band when you were 16?

what is it now?
    Only 1 thing... I guess pasta? Super versatile. I currently have a pretyy good diet during the week at least thanks to a delivery service called Marley Spoon so eating the same thing for the rest of my life sounds a lot like torture.

Always too cold. You can always put on more clothes, but depending on location you may not always be able to take some off! Proper hot countries wouldn't suit me at all, on occasion it gets over 40 here and that's already hibernation time.

I have had blogs in the past, I still have 1 or 2 online although they haven't been updated in probably 18 months or so. I'm a gal of many hats, for the day job I'm a social media analyst for an American company and in the evenings I work as a digital designer/social media consultant on a freelance basis. I'm also currently doing an online degree in Data Science, so I don't have time to keep up a blog! :P I'm strange, I get a mad fit for something and I'll do the thing for about 6 months or so and then lose interest or get taken by the next idea. The food blog would be an example of one of these "projects" but I also randomly decided to learn violin once for a few months and I had a handmade bag company for a short time.

Favourite band when I was 16 was either The Killers or Greenday. I'd struggle to name only one band right now but I'd guess Undercover Hippy, Metallica, Frank Turner and Ramin Djawadi are in my top played list on Spotify. (I'm guessing because it looks like they removed that feature). Foo Fighters would be pretty solid between 16 year old me and current me! :)

quickbeam wrote: »
    I never heard of the term wankbucket before here. Where did that little beaut of a curse word come from?
    The boyfriend is half German, half Irish though he always lived in Germany. He can speak perfect English, but he can't curse. I find it hilarious. He's like 31 now and he never really learned how to do it. (I'm a big believer in using swear words to brighten up a sentence. :pac:) Combine that with the German method of creating a swear word by joining together other words, he has come out with some gems over the years. Wankbucket was one, as was arsecabbage. On a related note, he often does this with pet names for me too, with mixed results. He once called me pieface and was confused about why I was annoyed about it. In his head he was combining cutie pie and face. :pac::p
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Surely if you've read the Deadpool back room you no longer think that of Andy :) And I'm curious now what your head impression of me is.
    I haven't read the backrooms just yet beyond the dead room. I'll see if that changes things! :P Initially I was convinced you were a guy, about my age give or take a year or so, with freckles. An accountant. Based just outside Dublin. Don't ask me where I get this stuff. You already messed it up by actually being a lady, then you go and change your age on me! :P
    on that note,

Please describe every member of the ww crew you have a head impression of! you can use tv/movie characters for voice references!
    :P I will consider doing this later when I'm home. I am a tad wary though because anytime anyone has asked me to do this in the past, people always get a tad annoyed! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

The boyfriend is half German, half Irish though he always lived in Germany. He can speak perfect English, but he can't curse. I find it hilarious. He's like 31 now and he never really learned how to do it. (I'm a big believer in using swear words to brighten up a sentence. :pac:) Combine that with the German method of creating a swear word by joining together other words, he has come out with some gems over the years. Wankbucket was one, as was arsecabbage. On a related note, he often does this with pet names for me too, with mixed results. He once called me pieface and was confused about why I was annoyed about it. In his head he was combining cutie pie and face. :pac::p

I haven't read the backrooms just yet beyond the dead room. I'll see if that changes things! :P Initially I was convinced you were a guy, about my age give or take a year or so, with freckles. An accountant. Based just outside Dublin. Don't ask me where I get this stuff. You already messed it up by actually being a lady, then you go and change your age on me! :P

:P I will consider doing this later when I'm home. I am a tad wary though because anytime anyone has asked me to do this in the past, people always get a tad annoyed! :P

Im already annoyed :p

This is an excellent read so far :D great taste in music, Greenday were my favorite band growing up as a young lad.

Although I do fear you have just given yourself a new nickname here. Pieface :)

I was going to ask if what your dream job was but it seems like that could change weekly.

What did you want to be growing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

arsecabbage.

Holy **** that's amazing. I'm gonna use that. "Oh arsecabbage, I've stubbed my toe". Amazing.

Given the option, would you prefer to work in an office or outdoors?

Go backpacking or stay in a luxury hotel?

Best festival (or if you've not been to any then gig) you've been at?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Are you 'approachable', for want of a better word, or do you have resting bitch face?

Is there anything you enjoy/have enjoyed that would have most people bored to death?

This is an excellent read so far :D great taste in music, Greenday were my favorite band growing up as a young lad.

Although I do fear you have just given yourself a new nickname here. Pieface :)

I was going to ask if what your dream job was but it seems like that could change weekly.

Pieface is a tad better than geehead. Although, all my nicknames here revolve around my head apparently! :pac: Haha, so far so good, I was worried that the questions would be too hard! :P
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Holy **** that's amazing. I'm gonna use that. "Oh arsecabbage, I've stubbed my toe". Amazing.

Given the option, would you prefer to work in an office or outdoors?

Go backpacking or stay in a luxury hotel?

Best festival (or if you've not been to any then gig) you've been at?
    Outdoors I think, but outdoors at a desk with my laptop rather than outdoors outdoors like being active. I'm allergic to exercise. :pac: A friend of my is freelancing in South America for the last 2 years, that's the dream location, he works from beach bars, hammocks and poolside. Super jealous.

Backpacking over a luxury hotel I think. It's a constant source of tension with the bf when planning holidays. Usually we add a luxury hotel or resort for a few days, but balance that out with hostels, airbnb and local transport. Recently in Shanghai we stayed in this tiny crappy hostel room with no windows and almost no room, and went from there to the 5 star Westin for the last night. For me, it's all about experiencing the local culture and food though, so if I had to pick, it's be backpacking. Plus I have an Osprey bag which I love. :)

Best festival was probably the second time at Oxegen. Muse, Kasabian and Eminem were the big names I was there to see. Don't remember the year. We had 5 to a tent, and I was 2 or 3 years older than everyone else and had sworn I wouldn't go back, but twas great craic. Most memorable would be Pukkelpop about 6 years ago, me and a friend went with random boardsies but the festival was cancelled on the 1st day due to freak weather. Scary, but unforgettable.
    Are you 'approachable', for want of a better word, or do you have resting bitch face?

Is there anything you enjoy/have enjoyed that would have most people bored to death?
    I think I'm defo approachable, I have a pretty open face. My problem is actually after people approach me! :P I have a terrible case of verbal diarrhea- I just say whatever I'm thinking and usually combined with my dry, sarcastic humour I end up either giving a terrible first impression or straight out offending the person! :P It's something that I should work on, but that sounds difficult.

I do a lot of things most people would find boring I'd say. I enjoy playing around with data and looking for patterns. Maths I always found pretty interesting. I read a lot too. I try to keep my reading list varied so I include stuff that's a bit more involved than just thrillers so I'd often have old classics or science/history/politics/linguistics books etc. I'd guess most people find that boring. Then again, people rabbiting on about clothes or shoes or their children bores me to death so we're lucky we're all created different! :P

• Advertisement

Maha we sound like similar humans

Have you ever thrown an adult tantrum?

Maha we sound like similar humans

Have you ever thrown an adult tantrum?
    :) That's nice. Good to know there are some more highly functioning nutjobs out there! :P

I'm usually very, very good at keeping the head. When I get annoyed though I proper explode so I try to do that in a controlled environment. I'll rant and rave like a lunatic at home in front of himself, and maybe on Skype to one or two close friends, but generally that's about it. :P Poor Cross got a small taste of that when we were modding together- I go from 0 to livid in about 30 seconds, but I calm down as quickly. I'm always like mortified for the person having a public meltdown in front of others, especially if I don't know them very well. I'm just like backing away slowly hoping that someone comforting is around to deal with it!

Whoops, realised I forgot some of your questions Mick!

If money was no object, the dream job would be "Rooftop bar cocktail tester". I'd actually love to have a safety cushion of a year or two out to focus on writing as well although I can't see that happening. I believe that the only reason I'm not a world famous author right now is because I haven't been arsed before now! :pac: Yes, that's the only reason.

Growing up I wanted to be an animator. I studied it for a while in college as part of my degree but the work to payoff ratio was way too high for me. I still love animated movies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Poor Cross got a small taste of that when we were modding together- I go from 0 to livid in about 30 seconds, but I calm down as quickly.

All true :D

I'd encountered your 'lividness' in a previous game where I knowingly falsely accused you of something just to get you more active. Jebus, it worked much better than I ever expected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Normally I like to make up nicknames but Pieface's fella is a winner

If you could change one thing in the world what would it be.

Would u prefer to meet the dali lahma or your celebrity crush

Would you prefer to spend 2 years in a submarine at sea or 2 years orbiting the planet.

One thing you would change about yourself

Would you prefer to fight one dragon sized Tigger or 5 Tigger sized dragon

Did you open the box yet?

What's your favourite treat/sweet thing that no one seems to know about?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭avork

Ohh, interesting. I know that I'm not very active but I'm starting to see what a nice little community you guys have going here!

Do you game outside of Werewolf?

If you had to live in one city for the rest of your life, what would it be?

If you had a superpower, what would it be?

Do you have much spread-sheeting going on during a game?

crosstownk wrote: »
    All true :D

I'd encountered your 'lividness' in a previous game where I knowingly falsely accused you of something just to get you more active. Jebus, it worked much better than I ever expected!
    Haha I had actually forgotten about that one! :P You may count yourself on the lucky list of having seen multiple outbursts so! :P
    Tigger wrote: »
    Normally I like to make up nicknames but Pieface's fella is a winner
    See, there's my problem, I'm too honest! :pac:

If you could change one thing in the world what would it be.

Would u prefer to meet the dali lahma or your celebrity crush

Would you prefer to spend 2 years in a submarine at sea or 2 years orbiting the planet.

One thing you would change about yourself

Would you prefer to fight one dragon sized Tigger or 5 Tigger sized dragon

Did you open the box yet?
    Oh, we're having the serious questions now. Hmm, that's a difficult one. First I was going to say I'd get rid of all religions, but then we'd all just find something else to argue about! Things like redistributing the wealth and food etc are all inherently flawed too because humans are too corruptible. I think I'd either remove all languages so everyone can communicate with each other, or I'd make women's clothing sizes standardised across all stores and brands.

Probably take the Dali Lahma. Firstly, Tibet is still unscratched on my scratchmap so that's a bonus, but also because I think the philosophy is genuinely interesting. Also, I'm pretty fickle with celeb crushes. I currently have a bit of a crush on Chris Pratt and also High Jackman. Plus a few girl crushes! :P But I'm pretty fickle!

I think 2 years orbiting the planet. You ever see those YouTube videos from the guys on the international space station doing science? That **** is cool. Plus, I think a ship big enough to orbit the planet is probably bigger than a submarine so there's that. They even get internet there now. My Instagram feed would be almost as good as yours Mick! ;)

I'd change loads about myself. If there was one thing I could change though it'd be my capacity (and interest) for learning languages. I wouldn't even mind reducing that part of my brain where I store useless facts if that helped! A more fun answer though is I'd tweak my metabolism so I never get proper fat or hungover. :P

I'll take my chances with 1 dragon sized Tigger.

The box doesn't exist.
    AAEAAQAAAAAAAAkUAAAAJGM0YzQzMThlLWE5OWItNDYwNi05NzljLTM1YzAyOGQ4MGJkZQ.jpg
    Also, I don't think of that question in a non-sexual way and this is the wrong forum for that! :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

What's your favourite treat/sweet thing that no one seems to know about?
    Like something that no one knows coz it's unusual/weird or something that no one knows about me?
    Stuff no one knows - those amazing macadamia crunch ice pops from Haagen Daaz. My god they're something else!
    Stuff no one knows about me - My ma's homemade rice pudding with strawberry jam. Om nom nom.
    avork wrote: »
    Ohh, interesting. I know that I'm not very active but I'm starting to see what a nice little community you guys have going here!

Do you game outside of Werewolf?

If you had to live in one city for the rest of your life, what would it be?

If you had a superpower, what would it be?

Do you have much spread-sheeting going on during a game?
    Hiya avork! :)

Outside of Werewolf I mainly board game. Not even as often as I'd like either. Most of my games are from Kickstarter. I can also be found on occasion playing casual games on tablet/phone. I don't have a games console anymore (except the retropie) as I wasted too much time on it!

1 city forever..... Hmm. Either Hong Kong or Barcelona. Probably the latter, it's close enough to home, gorgeous food and still handy to travel around Europe. Warm but not stupid hot. Still have the language problem though! :pac:

Shape shifting. You know, like your one in Harry Potter. I'd like to be able to just point at me head and BOOM black curls, BOOM red bob and green eyes etc. All in all a useless power, but endless amusement.

Rarely, unless I'm a mod! :P I had some handwritten notes in the last game because it was moving so fast, but that'd be unusual for me.

Advertisement