Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a Vanillager AMA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Favourite movie?

Best gig you've been to?

Dream Job?

What's the best day of the week and why?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Tigger wrote:
    Do you prefer the Bunny Barry version of the song ?

I'm gonna get flack for this but I prefer the Westlife version. Big fan of Westlife me. (Awaits the scorn from all of boards)
    quickbeam wrote:
    Do you believe in astrology?

Not really with starsigns and stuff. It was more it looked cool at the time (I was 19 when I got it). I do read horoscopes but pass no heed of them at all.

Now astronomy, that's a different story. Feck all knowledge but a big interest. I'd love to go star gazing some time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Favourite movie?

I have 2.
    One is a leave your brain at the door type and it's The Rock (Nic Cage & Sean Connery)

All time movie would be The Departed.
    Mollyb60 wrote:
    Best gig you've been to?

Oasis in the O2 Arena (was The Point at the time). Been to see them 3 times in Ireland which is a big thing as I'm not a big concert goer (never been to a festival). This was my favorite as the noise just stayed in the smaller arena rather than going up and was unreal from start to finish.

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Dream Job?

Weird one but I was secretary of my GAA Club for about 4 years. Left cos I thought I had to move to Buncrana for work. If I could have that job for the rest of my life and be paid for it that's exactly what I would do.

Mollyb60 wrote:
    What's the best day of the week and why?

Good question. I actually really like Sundays after we have a GAA match. Straight to the pub for a couple of hours afterwards for the afternoon and home then for dinner around 5. Play with kids, get stuff ready for the morning drive to work and an early night. I'm an old soul I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

My parents have friends up in Buncrana, are you still there?

My parents have friends up in Buncrana, are you still there?

No I actually ended up not taking the job as it was too big a move for the family. Still in the home town, and I'll probably never leave to be honest!

• Advertisement

How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss.

How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss.

Well firstly I get the keys to your weapons locker :P

If I miss? Run like fook :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Tigger wrote: »
    Don't do it so

Ah, I don't mind really. I'm just shít at explaining some things.

It's ages away so I can keep my head in the sand for a while longer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

would you rather fight one horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses?

You have 2 kids you said. Have you a secret favourite?

Do you think you can throw a leprauchan over a wall?

What is the scariest thing you have every done?

would you rather fight one horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses?

I love a challenge. Give me the 100 duck sized horses!
    You have 2 kids you said. Have you a secret favourite?

At the moment no. My second is only 5 months so there's plenty of time for that yet :pac:
    Do you think you can throw a leprauchan over a wall?

I certainly have the capacity to do it, just not sure if I want to deal with the repercussions :P
    What is the scariest thing you have every done?

When I was 14 I put my arm through a plate glass window. Me and a few mates were messing around at the house and I was chasing one of them as you do.

He panicked as I was about to catch him and slams the door in my face so I had no way of stopping in time. Went arm and head first through the window.

There was blood everywhere and I thought my arm was gonna fall off. Got 20 stitches in five different places on my arm but somehow missed all the major tendons and arteries. That was pretty scary.

Also I don't remember this but when I was two I had a really bad asthma attack and my dad was rushing me to hospital. I suddenly turned blue and stopped breathing so dad had to stop in the middle of rush hour traffic in London, haul me out of the car and give me CPR. Terrifying to think of for any parent!

I'm not really a daredevil so aside from those two things probably the scariest thing I did was abseiling when I was about 15. Wouldn't bother me now but at the time I had a thing about heights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Necrominus wrote: »

When I was 14 I put my arm through a plate glass window. Me and a few mates were messing around at the house and I was chasing one of them as you do.

He panicked as I was about to catch him and slams the door in my face so I had no way of stopping in time. Went arm and head first through the window.

There was blood everywhere and I thought my arm was gonna fall off. Got 20 stitches in five different places on my arm but somehow missed all the major tendons and arteries. That was pretty scary.

Also I don't remember this but when I was two I had a really bad asthma attack and my dad was rushing me to hospital. I suddenly turned blue and stopped breathing so dad had to stop in the middle of rush hour traffic in London, haul me out of the car and give me CPR. Terrifying to think of for any parent!

I'm not really a daredevil so aside from those two things probably the scariest thing I did was abseiling when I was about 15. Wouldn't bother me now but at the time I had a thing about heights.

Geez that must have been sore with the window. you got off lightly!
    And yeah, that was so scary for your dad. My eldest stopped breathing at 16weeks and was the most frightening thing ever!

Geez that must have been sore with the window. you got off lightly! And yeah, that was so scary for your dad. My eldest stopped breathing at 16weeks and was the most frightening thing ever!

It's absolutely horrifying to me as a parent now. I have horrifying dreams of stuff happening to them that have me waking up in cold sweats!

The worst thing about the story for me when dad tells it is that traffic behind him were beeping and yelling abuse at him. I wouldn't be able to control my rage at that sort of pig ignorance.

Yeah, I was bandaged up for about 6 weeks or so because of where the stitches were they kept opening (on my joints) every time I moved in a certain way or exerted myself playing football etc I'd be back to the doctor to get them redone. My parents were not impressed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I hope you at least got a cool scar out of it. ;)

Something similar happened to me as a kid and I now have a permanent memento of it.

4 of them actually! One on my hand, one on my wrist and two on either side of my elbow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Do you believe in ghosts?
    Have you ever had a paranormal experience or something you can't explain happen to you?

Favourite city in the world?

Country or City?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Do you watch soap operas and if so which one is your fav?

Which show do you love but doesnt get the acclaim it should?

How did you fall in love with pro wrestling?

Being a daddy, Any tips for a Daddy in the middle of potty training?

Have you a fav Simpsons episode?

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Do you believe in ghosts?

Have you ever had a paranormal experience or something you can't explain happen to you?

I do kind of. I'm generally too rational but this is kinda leading into your second question.

When I was much younger I lived about 1km from town. I was about 18 and just started drinking legally so I was walking home one night.

As I was walking out in the pitch black I kept hearing these clicking footsteps behind me but every time I turned around they would stop. I got further down the road, getting a bit freaked out at this stage but then I heard them cross the road. There was a little rustling at one of the neighbours doors and then the footsteps just stopped.

As it happens, one of my neighbours had passed away suddenly about six months prior and lived in that house. He used to go out every night for two or three drinks and had these boots that clicked as you walked. I put two and two together and figured it was his ghostly self walking out for the night but at the time I just panicked and ran the whole way home!

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Favourite city in the world?

London for ease of transportation. Tube is awesome. Dublin for the nightlife.

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Country or City?

Country boy at heart and always will be.

beakerjoe wrote:
    Do you watch soap operas and if so which one is your fav?

Used to watch them all but none anymore. Home and Away was the fave in college but all the good characters started leaving and couldn't follow it after that. Fair City is a laugh now and again for sheer ****s and giggles though.

beakerjoe wrote:
    Which show do you love but doesnt get the acclaim it should?

Hmmm... There's a few for me. One Tree Hill for the first 4/5 seasons was brilliant. After that it went to ****.

Also The Shield I don't think gets enough credit simply for Vic Mackey. The supporting cast and storylines are class too.

One final one is Banshee. It's pure fantasy nonsense but as a show it just works. Love it.

beakerjoe wrote:
    How did you fall in love with pro wrestling?

When I was younger we never had the money to afford Sky Sports where the WWE was based but every Friday night after Cartoon Network finished about 9 it would morph into TNT where I would watch WCW Nitro. It was just after the NWO had formed and I never had such a visceral hatred for any faction before or since.

We then got Sky Sports working through nefarious means around 2000 when Rock and HHH were in the middle of their epic feud and I remember recording backlash on channel 4, going to school but pulling a sicky to come home and watch it. When my parents came home they were really unimpressed :D
    beakerjoe wrote:
    Being a daddy, Any tips for a Daddy in the middle of potty training?

It's the worst. We tried twice with our oldest before he was ready. It finally clicked when he was about 2 and a few months and he just knew himself to go to the potty. But all I can say I guess is keep at it.

beakerjoe wrote:
    Have you a fav Simpsons episode?

One of my favorites is where Flanders house gets flattened by a storm and the community rebuilds it with hilarious effect before Homer slams the door and it collapses again. Flanders subsequent meltdown is brilliant. I really like the old stuff but haven't watched any of the new episodes really since the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

You mention Westlife above, what's your fav track and what do you think of Boyzlife?

What is you fav movie to watch with the kids?

Any tips for a newbie gearing up for his first game?

You mention Westlife above, what's your fav track and what do you think of Boyzlife?

Bop Bop Baby for the video.
    Flying Without Wings is my all time fave though.
    Although I'm a huge fan of Amazing, The Rose, How Does it Feel and World of our Own
    What is you fav movie to watch with the kids?

Up until recently it was Lion King. Now it's the LEGO Batman movie.
    Any tips for a newbie gearing up for his first game?

Probably not the best person to be asking as I've only played a handful myself, but from one newbie to another I would say just go for it. Have a good read over the rules, then just have fun with whatever role you get.

Don't worry if you draw normal villager ( NRV), it means that you can have more fun as it doesn't matter if you die too much.

Also, don't worry if you get killed, the dead room is every bit as fun as playing the game. Trust me, I should know, I get killed all the time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

What has been your favourite post in all your WW games in deadroom and live room.

Any interactions with other posters stick out?

Best live gig?

SPag bol for dinner or chicken and spuds?

Do you have a desktop or laptop?

Any pets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Probably not the best person to be asking as I've only played a handful myself, but from one newbie to another I would say just go for it. Have a good read over the rules, then just have fun with whatever role you get.

Don't worry if you draw normal villager ( NRV), it means that you can have more fun as it doesn't matter if you die too much.

Also, don't worry if you get killed, the dead room is every bit as fun as playing the game. Trust me, I should know, I get killed all the time :P

Thanks for the tips, I just hope to have fun.

So you like GAA, do you play much yourself?

What has been your favourite post in all your WW games in deadroom and live room.

I really enjoyed the play you made with claiming Grandpa Simpson. It was so perfectly timed if I was in the game I would have doubted if I was Grandpa Simpson myself to be honest.
    Also Valeyards GIFs particularly the Homer and Nelson ones throughout that game.
    More recently I enjoyed the teamwork that won us the one night game.

I'm not sure if mahama will agree but looking back I find it funny how horribly wrong I was in pushing her as a wolf in the last game. Also from that game it's funny to look back and see how utterly convinced you were that I was Iron Man. It must have been incredibly frustrating for you when I kept saying I wasn't
    Any interactions with other posters stick out?

Yep, my very first game. The seer in that game was an anon account called Gordon the Cook. We only had one or two on thread interactions but reading the backrooms and seeing how much he hated me was incredibly funny to read.
    As a side note, can anyone remember who played Gordon? Not sure if they've played since but man what an impact they left on that game.

Best live gig?

Oasis in the Point. The noise just stayed there man it was electrifying.
    SPag bol for dinner or chicken and spuds?

I like both but chicken and spuds with extra butter would be my first choice.

Do you have a desktop or laptop?

A laptop for home, desktop for work but boards doesn't work at work :( So I use the phone for boards at work and the work pc for the backrooms if I'm in one.

Any pets?

Mad to get a dog but just a cat for now. That may be changing soon however.

So you like GAA, do you play much yourself?

I wish. Played up until under 14 but then stopped. I actually only got back into it about 8 years ago when I came home from college. Mad into club football cos of the community and social aspect. I like intercounty but I don't get the same buzz about it as I do watching my local club.

Coached minor and under 16 teams for about 4 years too but gave it up this year as the second baby was coming along. Won only one trophy but enjoyed it regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Yep, my very first game. The seer in that game was an anon account called Gordon the Cook. We only had one or two on thread interactions but reading the backrooms and seeing how much he hated me was incredibly funny to read.
    As a side note, can anyone remember who played Gordon? Not sure if they've played since but man what an impact they left on that game.

JasonS246

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Tigger wrote: »
    JasonS246

i'm gonna post him a link to come play again

That's the guy. Thought he was really good! Surprised he hasn't played again since!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Is he the guy with the oranges? His posts were amazing!

Is he the guy with the oranges? His posts were amazing!

Yep. He conjured the orange scene up with Godfather references to name two wolves he had peeked. It was fricking awesome.

Apart from the whole being named in the post as a wolf and stuff. Heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

He's played a few games alright, would be nice to have him back

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

This starting today? Even if only up to Thursday and the start of the next game? Or we wait until Sunday fortnight when no game on the horizon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Its nealy a fortnight to the game,no?
    Or, Thursday week.

Advertisement