Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options
1585960616264»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Is it for everyone? I suppose some people like the 'taste' of avocado.

Some people just have a different opinion to your own, doesn't make any less valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Some people just have a different opinion to your own, doesn't make any less valid.

A playtime of between 1 and 2 hours is not enough to determine the qualities of almost any game, never mind one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Rossi IRL wrote: »

A playtime of between 1 and 2 hours is not enough to determine the qualities of almost any game, never mind one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time.
    If a game doesn't grab your attention, are you SUPPOSED to force yourself to play it just because it's critically acclaimed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

If a game doesn't grab your attention, are you SUPPOSED to force yourself to play it just because it's critically acclaimed?

I would at least give it a chance to see what the fuss is about. I played it for about an hour and wasn't blown away. It's only after you put another 1-2 hours in that you see what a masterpiece it is. Now I can't put it down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BotW is the only open world game I truly enjoyed. I suppose it can go both ways though.

I also like how quick it gets you into the actual game. The older 3D zelda games take hours for them to get into the game proper.

I think if you don't like this one after 2 hours you might have a good sense of what the rest of the game is like.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Ive never actually played a Zelda game :o
    I was going to buy a Switch but booked a holiday instead :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

There's always one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I've played up to Kariko Village, I just find the inventory system to be absolutely terrible, and I can't stand the weapons breaking so easy. Combat is not very good either if I'm being honest. I dunno. I want to like it, I have two versions of the game here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's always weapons to scavenge. It gets better later when you expand your inventory. I had more of a problem deciding what to get rid of from my inventory than running out of weapons.

Arrows are the real precious commodity. You need to spend the majority of your money on them when you can.

Combat isn't exactly dark souls. Later hit sponge enemies are annoying as well. The sub bosses are great though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

irishman86 wrote: »
    Ive never actually played a Zelda game :o
    I was going to buy a Switch but booked a holiday instead :o:o

Enjoy Salthill :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Haha Ryanair flights to Rome
    Obviously it didnt finance the whole trip :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

BGE2 tech demo footage...

tvjm2uqxlmaggajg46nd.gif

The vague-ish description of what they're going for...
    The goal is a seamless multi-planet world populated by dynamically-generated characters, with unique stories being told and optional social interaction throughout.

irishman86 wrote: »
    Haha Ryanair flights to Rome
    Obviously it didnt finance the whole trip :P

Enjoy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I've been mulling over the New 2DS XL for the last while, then I seen the metroid game thats been released and that sealed the deal for me. Ill be picking one up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I love Salthill

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I've been mulling over the New 2DS XL for the last while, then I seen the metroid game thats been released and that sealed the deal for me. Ill be picking one up :D

The new 3DS in black is €175 in Argos.

I love Salthill

Doesn't everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Doesn't everyone?

I'm getting really disappointed by the fact that you only say things once…

Doesn't everyone?

I'm getting really disappointed by the fact that you only say things once…

420027.PNG

420027.PNG

That was totally unintentional but I'm going to own that because it's epic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The new 3DS in black is €175 in Argos.

Ah no the new 2ds is what I'm after. Its such a nice looking machine and no interest in having 3d on it at all :D

Ah no the new 2ds is what I'm after. Its such a nice looking machine and no interest in having 3d on it at all :D

I had a 3DS XL once. Was a nice metallic blue. But then I moved house, and now I cant find it. :mad:

I had a 3DS XL once. Was a nice metallic blue. But then I moved house, and now I cant find it. :mad:

Bet you the kids or you traded it in for cookie dough :P

cookie%2Bmonster%2Bfunny%2Braw%2Bcookie%2Bdough%2Bvegan%2Blow%2Bsugar%2Bgf%2Brecipe%2Bbeans%2Blow%2Bfat%2Bpeanut%2Bbutter%2B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

You do know you can turn the 3d off, right.......right......

Advertisement