Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options
  • 06-06-2017 5:36pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Might as well start this now as new releases are already leaking.

So far release I've heard about that are getting me excited are a western release of Gust''s Blue Reflection and Vanillawares gorgeous looking 13 sentinels: Aegis Rim.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This years E3 has the potential to excite me a lot more than last year. Last years was probably the most underwhelmed I've been in a while.

Looking forward to some more of that forced Ubisoft Team Chatter when they do some Co-op gameplay :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think Nintendo are really going to show some great Switch titles. Kerp up the momentum after the excellent launch. I get the feeling the march launch was a soft launch and we will see some big games, a new OS and virtual console for Xmas.

Please be Pikmin 4 :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking forward to some more of that forced Ubisoft Team Chatter when they do some Co-op gameplay :pac:

It always cringy too.

It always cringy too.

"Have we got a spotter on the East Tower?".... oh f**k right off :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Awkward and difficult presenters, and uneasy silence when the audience is supposed to cheer or applaud.
      Bullshít business speak 'ramped up' to 'hype' you up about how 'awesome' 'crazy' 'insane' the most mundane things are.
      A token musician/footballer smiling at how much money they have been paid to stand on stage and praise a game they know nothing about for 3 minutes.
      The following phrases: "After listening to our players/customers..." "The best yet..." "Unparalleled/unrivaled/Unmatched" "Our most realistic version..."
      You saying: "Show the fúcking game already!"
      The following adjectives: Insane, mind-blowing, incredible, wonderful, extreme, amazing, awesome, unreal, crazy, ludicrous - to describe the most inane, simple, mediocre things in a video game. See 'Fish AI', for example. Followed by people losing their fúcking minds in the crowd or on social media. See Shenmue, for example.
      Project Scorpio mentioned every 10 seconds, usually preceded with the phrase 'Using the power of Microsoft's Xbox Scorpio...'
      UbiSoft random project nobody expected to be announced like they do at the end of every conference they give at E3 - my prediction: Beyond Good and Evil or the new Splinter Cell game.
      Sony fúcking with Microsoft's 'Project Scorpio' thunder when they announce that PS4 Pro will have a price drop starting now or two days before Scorpio releases.

That's all I have for now, but I am looking forward to the show. :P

Edit Additional things to look out for:
      Presenters applauding themselves followed by: "Yeah, that's right!" or "Looking awesome/great, guys!"
      Bullshots, see UbiSoft, for example.
      Fans in the audience shouting: "We love you!" to their favourite CEO who personally signs off on pre-order DLC.
      Sony's show starting more than 10 minutes late and you asking yourself why you stayed up until after 2am.
      A reminder of how much money and time is put into the development of indie titles and remasters.
      SIX. TERAFLOPS.
      Todd Howard to talk about how great Fallout Shelter is/was and that Bethesda are going one step further by creating Fallout Online - F2P. Internet meltdown, followed by frustration and bitterness when the game is released and turns out to be a Settlements Simulator.
      'Powered by Frostbite'. Look out for: "Using the cutting-edge, Frostbite engine...", "Powered by an all new iteration of the Frostbite engine", "Yes, folks, this is all running in real-time on DICE's Frostbite engine".
    I am waiting for a journalist to ask when will EA's customer service be powered by the Frostbite Engine - everything else is at this stage...
      "We are giving even more to you, the customer." - Said by every CEO ever as he looks out into the crowd attempting to identify that one whale who will personally fund his bonus for next year.
      An on-stage player demonstrating playing the game and is fúcking awful at it.
      Overly ambitious launch dates.

Yeah, still looking forward to E3. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

"Have we got a spotter on the East Tower?".... oh f**k right off :pac:

EA are guilty of it too, I remember a few years ago, there was a couple of the dev lads from EA on stage playing battlefield and they kept saying "I'm moving in" "I've got him in my sights" like they were being really tactical LOL, they thought they were soooo coool :rolleyes:, I cringed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Falthyron wrote:
    Ubisoft random project nobody expected to be announced like they do at the end of every conference they give at E3

I hope after the demos of Siege & Ghost Recon in the past they don't have a trailer where the players are talking like they were 100% scripted from a low budget miltary Hollywood movie.

ERG89 wrote: »
    I hope after the demos of Siege & Ghost Recon in the past they don't have a trailer where the players are talking like they were 100% scripted from a low budget miltary Hollywood movie.

Nah, that's their main shtick. UbiSoft love to create/recreate a Pentagon War Room style setup for the audience to watch and listen. Makes it more immersive and helps to distract from the inevitable graphical downgrade the game will experience in 6 months time when it releases.

Its 'X' [insert adjective from above here] and makes it all appear so real. Don't you talk to your friends like that? I know a day doesn't go by when I am playing games with my friends and assign them callsigns and warn of 'danger close' when I lob a grenade.... Amazingly, our mission always ends with us succeeding too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

I just want SEGA's "reviving old IPs" and new corporate image to actually amount to something.

Ideally Skies of Arcadia/Valkyria Chronicles/Phantasy Star/Shining Force but I'll pretty much take any good sega game at this point

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I love the news and previews from E3 but I cant watch any of those big presentations with the audiences. As well as the cringy stuff from the speakers/actors etc I cant stand the over the top cheering from the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Sieghardt wrote:
    Ideally Skies of Arcadia/Valkyria Chronicles/Phantasy Star/Shining Force but I'll pretty much take any good sega game at this point

There is a valkyria chronicles game out at the end of this month. On Xbox One, PS4 & Vita. It's called Valkyria Revolution.

Sieghardt wrote: »
    I just want SEGA's "reviving old IPs" and new corporate image to actually amount to something.

I have heard that SEGA's announcements will take a different approach this year. Via YouTube, you can pay the basic entry price for the general news and updates on what they are releasing, but there is a lot more available than that. In a customer conscientious move, in the customer's favour and with the customer at the forefront of their thoughts and concerns, you will be able to choose which game you want to hear more about at a customer friendly price of €2.49 per game. There will be bundles available too, from which, you can choose which announcements you want to hear more about. It should be mentioned though, that the main entry fee to their announcements covers most details, but for those customers who appreciate extra detail (the loyal, dedicated fans), these €2.49 cosmetic addons to the show will be made available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,776 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm looking forward to the Ubisoft conference as I like the lady that presents it :)

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the Ubisoft conference as I like the lady that presents it :)

Yeah, Aisha Tyler is good. She seems to actually play games and comes across a little more natural than the robotic CEOs and B-list presenters who haven't a clue about games.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Falthyron wrote: »
    Yeah, Aisha Tyler is good. She seems to actually play games and comes across a little more natural than the robotic CEOs and B-list presenters who haven't a clue about games.

Aisha isnt presenting this year
    ERG89 wrote: »
    There is a valkyria chronicles game out at the end of this month. On Xbox One, PS4 & Vita. It's called Valkyria Revolution.

I know but that's a new subseries, I want the Chronicles series, a SRPG for PS4

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Aisha isnt presenting this year

She's not? That's a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,879 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

EA: Saturday, June 10 at 8 PM

Microsoft: Sunday, June 11 at 10 PM

Bethesda: Sunday, June 12 at 5 AM

Devolver Digital: Sunday, June 12 at 6 AM

PC Gaming Show: Monday, June 12 at 6 PM

Ubisoft: Monday, June 12 at 9 PM

Sony: Monday, June 13 at 2 AM

Nintendo Spotlight: Tuesday, June 13th at 5 PM

Can't wait untul we see logos for games we won;t be playing for at least 3 years and cinematic trailers for games that won't play anything like that.

For once I'd like to see someone go rogue in one of the scripted games. But I'm sure they're just pretending to play a prerecorded video. Like the guy playing Star Wars on Kinect.

Is it too much to ask for new Metroid, TimeSplitters and Prince of Persia?

Ah, I was thinking I posted thoughts on E3 before
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057736864

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CastorTroy wrote: »
    EA: Saturday, June 10 at 8 PM

Microsoft: Sunday, June 11 at 10 PM

Bethesda: Sunday, June 12 at 5 AM

Devolver Digital: Sunday, June 12 at 6 AM

PC Gaming Show: Monday, June 12 at 6 PM

Ubisoft: Monday, June 12 at 9 PM

Sony: Monday, June 13 at 2 AM

Nintendo Spotlight: Tuesday, June 13th at 5 PM

I assume those are Irish times listed?

• Advertisement

Yep

awazakhaonpuvcfxc061.jpg

Glad Aisha Taylor ain't gonna be there, the fawning over her every year is cringe.
    "Bu-bu-buuut she's a real gamer guys"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I don't think we will see anything from Red Dead Redemption 2 at E3 and its confirmed that Death Stranding wont be at E3.

its confirmed that Death Stranding wont be at E3.

Kojima still trying to work out what Death Stranding actually is, so its probably currently undergoing one of the five transformations it will experience in its development.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

RDR 2 should be shown as it's the only E3 before it (hopefully) releases. I'm expecting gameplay and hopefully something about RDR Online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

RDR 2 should be shown as it's the only E3 before it (hopefully) releases. I'm expecting gameplay and hopefully something about RDR Online.

I hope it is but you know how Rockstar are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i really dont think im excited for anything this year :( rdr2 probably wont show, death stranding wont show, bioware are crap these days, no pokemon for switch... meh hopefully some cool new ips that arnt years out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

After today's reveal trailer, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Strange Brigade. It might scratch that L4D itch I have, seeing as Valve won't bloody well do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,575 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Pity about Aisha, she definitely helped Ubi's presentation. Any idea why she's not gonna be there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I really hope there wont be a repeat of GTAO with RDR2. It be a shame to see online prioritised over SP like it was in GTA5.

Advertisement