Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

Penn wrote:
    It's easy to throw around accusations and then play them off as "Well... I guess we'll see..." "There were rumours..." "No smoke without fire..." "I wouldn't be surprised if...". The simple fact is you have no basis for the accusations/speculation you're bandying about and it contributes nothing to an actual discussion.

I think you just have to accept that some people are so attached to their console of choice that going out of their way to make up wild stories is just part of their day. Read through certain posts here and elsewhere and Xbox fanboys are suggesting conspiracies, shady back room deals and talking about Phil Spencer as if he their friend. All Spencer cares about is MS share price, if he though he could add 10 cents to it by telling gamers for go screw themselves he would. His rants about exclusivity is so two faced, self serving and completely misses the fact that Xbox are just as bad if not worse than Sony for it. How anyone could listen to his comments and think he's the voice of gamers is deluded.

Most gamers have both consoles and even a PC and play games on the platform that is most convenient. Most went for the PS4 given that it has dozens of exclusives a year, from Sony's own titles to the Atlus and Sega games, there's a lot of stuff there. MS has a handful of exclusives that are generally all sequels to previous gen consoles. Bar Sea of Thieves I don't think that MS has any new IP since Quantum Theory and before that, well you're going back years. You can try and say that Sony are conspiring to make Destiny 2 run poorly on the One X or you can look at the facts and assume its for parity between the One and the One X. Or maybe Bungie didn't fancy spending time and money on optimising a game for a niche market of One X owners. Hell, it makes sense that they would spent extra time one the PS4 version over the One simply due to the fact that the PS4 has outsold the One so much.

At the end of the day most people buy a console based on what their friends have and what exclusives they can get. Most this generation bought a PS4 and a part of that is down to the fact that it has much better exclusives. Almost every month there's something interesting dropping, from Yakuza 0 to Horizon to Nioh and so on. The Xbox's most notable last exclusive was the rather dull Dead Rising 4 but you could get that on PC. I want both to succeed, hell I want a reason to turn on my One more than once every 6 months but I'm still waiting. And it's not about any brand loyalty or conspiracies about Sony and their evil content cutting deals. Its simply about the fact that there's been notching really of note on the One this gen. Not a single title I can't play on the PC and while I've gotten a few of the launch exclusive titles none of them has been all that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

qrx wrote: »
    Sorry but what a stupid fcuking comment to make. This discussion has gone beyond pathetic.

7f2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

One down, cmon E3 dont fail me now.

kRPmiFL.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think using 3 huge games, 2 of which are predominantly sold on the back of their MP aspect (I've never bought a BF or CoD game for the campaign), is the wrong way to go to highlight possible Shady Sony Shenanigans. I said it in an earlier post, developers are not likely to develop a huge MP game that runs at 30 or 60 fps on seperate consoles within the same family. Everyone on the 60fps version XBoneX would have an advantage over those on the XBone and XBoneS in MP. Do you think those on the 30fps version would not complain?

If every multiplat SP game is 30fps regardless, then MAYBE there might be something. (You would then have to look into whether the XBoneX can actually handle each individual game at 4k 60. If it can yet the developer caps it at 30, you then look at whether the PSPro can handle it at 60. If it can't, the you can start the speculation about shady deals). I suspect that we will see some SP games at 30 on the Pro and 60 on the X, therefore, in my view, nullifying all speculation of shady deals by those despicable Sony bigwigs.

COD will offer a 60fps dlc bundle for €59.99 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

schrodinger exclusivity is a good name for it.

i-dqvFwRK-2100x20000.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You joined at a great time. The lack of content had be put on the right path at that time and you never had to deal with the Forever 29™ :D

Ah sure I had plenty of games to play before I picked destiny up :P still have a mad amount of hours pumped into it tho. But however back to the E3 discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ah sure I had plenty of games to play before I picked destiny up :P still have a mad amount of hours pumped into it tho. But however back to the E3 discussion.

Now you still have plenty of games to play but play Destiny 90% of the time :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Now you still have plenty of games to play but play Destiny 90% of the time :)

Nah in the last while destiny has gotten less than 10% of my time, currently working throught Battlefield 1/Friday 13th/GTA V

• Something to lighten the mood!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    One down, cmon E3 dont fail me now.

kRPmiFL.jpg?1

More than half of those games I don't think anyone except the creator wants.

I have honestly NEVER heard of anyone calling for a WALUIGI game, also who wants Ape Escape or Spyro or a Morrowind Remake.
    Some modded and got Morrowind running on decent graphics recently.
    Also what FIX is needed for Dark Souls 1 ?
    Yooka Laylee was basically a spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie

Really awful list.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Enough with the console war crap and the borderline insulting posts people.

This thread will be locked and warnings will be given unless you can keep it civil. This is the last warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

SeantheMan wrote: »

I have honestly NEVER heard of anyone calling for a WALUIGI game, also who wants Ape Escape or Spyro or a Morrowind Remake.

Really awful list.

Does it really matter whats in the list?

Its a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Penn wrote: »
    The dev team is completely dedicated to getting the most out of each platform, so the notion that we would actively downgrade quality is contrary to everything we've set out to achieve. We test and optimize our games for each platform on which they're released, striving for the best possible quality. The PC version does indeed contain some old, unused render settings that were deactivated for a variety of reasons, including possible impacts on visual fidelity, stability, performance and overall gameplay quality. Modders are usually creative and passionate players, and while we appreciate their enthusiasm, the mod in question (which uses those old settings) subjectively enhances the game's visual fidelity in certain situations but also can have various negative impacts. Those could range from performance issues, to difficulty in reading the environment in order to appreciate the gameplay, to potentially making the game less enjoyable or even unstable.

Thanks for playing Watch Dogs and stay safe on the mean streets of Chicago.

-The Watch Dogs Team

While many PC players encountered no issues when they accessed the graphics settings to bump them up, some did find issues. That can be the issue with PC, there are a lot more variables in play than with consoles in terms of achieving required performance levels.

It's easy to throw around accusations and then play them off as "Well... I guess we'll see..." "There were rumours..." "No smoke without fire..." "I wouldn't be surprised if...". The simple fact is you have no basis for the accusations/speculation you're bandying about and it contributes nothing to an actual discussion.

Console parity heavily bottlenecking PC gaming is not a state secret and is more common than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Kiith wrote: »
    Enough with the console war crap and the borderline insulting posts people.

This thread will be locked and warnings will be given unless you can keep it civil. This is the last warning.

Instead of maybe locking the thread, why couldn't ya just boot those that obviously deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Console parity heavily bottlenecking PC gaming is not a state secret and is more common than ever.

But to suggest one console manufacturer is responsible for it all is unfounded.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SeantheMan wrote: »

Really awful list.

.... I'd love a Waluigi game and Ape Escape was awesome. I kind of want most things on that list. Does that make me a bad person? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Penn wrote: »
    But to suggest one console manufacturer is responsible for it all is unfounded.

True. They're all to blame. Microsoft had a responsibility to PC gaming due to Windows, though. But them ruining PC gaming isn't a new thing, they've been at it forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    .... I'd love a Waluigi game and Ape Escape was awesome. I kind of want most things on that list. Does that make me a bad person? :)

I'd take - F-Zero, Klonoa, Megaman, Conker, Spyro, Okami, Mother, 3D Rayman, Devil May Cry, any Wario game, Portal(and a new Left 4 Dead too Valve), Viewtiful Joe and Paper Mario from that list and I'd be a mess if Half-Life 3 was announced.

I think it's too late for Banjo being honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I'd take - F-Zero, Klonoa, Megaman, Conker, Spyro, Okami, Mother, 3D Rayman, Devil May Cry, any Wario game, Portal(and a new Left 4 Dead too Valve), Viewtiful Joe and Paper Mario from that list and I'd be a mess if Half-Life 3 was announced.

I think it's too late for Banjo being honest.

What do you mean by 3d Rayman? I think Rayman as it is plays perfect

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

irishman86 wrote: »

True. But Rayman 2 and 3 which were 3D were excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

irishman86 wrote: »

Oh it does. Origins was great and Legends was good too. I'd just like to try one that wasn't a 2d sidescroller again is all.

I played Rayman 2: The Great Escape constantly when I was younger so wouldn't say no to another one in that vein.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That human trait of needing to belong still works I see. "My tribe is better than your tribe.":rolleyes: The fact that people blatantly exaggerate so-called negatives of other companies to justify their own purchase is pathetic.

Sony only provide hack and slash? What about Yakuza, Persona, Gravity Rush, Until Dawn, Danganronpa, Ratchet & Clank, The Last Guardian, Wipeout?

Microsoft have no exclusives? Ori, Rare Replay, Sunset Overdrive, Forza which as a package beats any other console racer, Halo, Gears. I'm probably missing others.

Nintendo only release kids games? Go play the last Donkey Kong or Xenoblade Chronicles X and let me know how that goes.

There are fantastic positives for each platform. Manufacturing reasons as to why you believe you are not missing out on what someone else is offering is ridiculously transparent. Buy them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Well, Splatoon 2 is confirmed to be 1080p and 60fps,

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Well, Splatoon 2 is confirmed to be 1080p and 60fps,

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Well consider it smoked :eek:

Splatoon looks like fun in fairness but I doubt I will get a switch for another while longer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Still no word on Borderlands 3 -__-

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    True. But Rayman 2 and 3 which were 3D were excellent.

I never played them so cant comment but the 2d ones of recent years could be in my top ten games

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

According to Shuhei he has played Sucker Punches new IP many times in the last two years, looks like it will be announced at PSX, the SOTC remake is being handled by Bluepoint as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Still no word on Borderlands 3 -__-

Randy Pitchford was interviewed by Geoff Keighly at the show, said there's a movie coming and 100% a sequel too. Just nothing to show yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Am I the only one who thinks Borderlands is overrated?

Advertisement