Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London terror attack confirmed by Met Police

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Doltanian wrote: »
    Sky News are sick, showing the police changing uniform and they are in their underwear. an absolute new for Journalism in my opinion. There they are forced to hurridly change clothes on the street and Sky decides to broadcast it to the whole world.

The worst thing is it makes them look like they are unprepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Lots of Irish are in London. Hope they are all safe. Their families must be sick with worry if they haven't heard from them yet. Although I heard that mobile signals are turned off for a while at such incidents, so hopefully all is well.

Some terrible reports about the type of stabbings. Jesus. But no confirmation of anything really yet.

• Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We are talking about Muslims who have come to the attention of security services it's attitudes like this that allow these attacks to continue!
    I would also shutdown Mosques that are proven to preach hate speech!
    I wonder how many more attacks will happen before we reach a tipping point where Europe starts to fight back!

Yes, what you are describing is mass internment.

pc7 wrote: »
    Jesus imagine having a few beers in you in this chaos, missing friends, trying to figure out how to get home or that fooking terrifying :(

Can you imagine if it happened last weekend? Any time for it happening is horrendous, but last weekend was a Bank Holiday weekend in the UK, I believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Giving nutcases access to guns will help? Bizarre logic

Nope, vetted civilians to defend themselves against terror attacks that are beginning to happen more frequently, name a better solution? immigration control wont work, not possible to put armed police on every corner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Multiculturalism lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

A college friend posted that he was in the vicinity of the area on Facebook and was locked into a pub.

I was mocked for speculating on the source on the post of the Manchester attack and Westminster Bridge attacks, but yet again I assume to be shamefully be proven right on the source of this again.

A hard stance needs to be taken on even a hint of extremist islam across europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Gamebred wrote: »
    The right to bare arms is needed in the u.k for incidents at this stage, theres not many other viable options and please dont give me America as an example.

I use my right to bare arms by wearing a t-shirt, most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭pangbang

pc7 wrote: »
    You just can't protect from an attack such as this, I just can't get my head around it. Saturday night, people just out with friends, tourists, commuters and now some won't make it home.
    Horrific stuff.

Youre right, you cant protect from an incident that is predicated, in no particular order, upon.......

nation A bombing Nation B

while

Nation A allows, practically, unfettered immigration from nation B

while

Sensible political action is hamstrung by the terminally offended living in Nation A

while

the internet allows never-before-seen proliferation of extremism and hate

while

Nationalism and the concept of borders have been disregarded

while

I'm drinking a cup o cha

Yeah, youre right, nothing can be done in that situation. So if a person was to intervene in this situation, going just by the simplistic logic above.........what point would you target for immediate effect? What point would you target for the immediate safety of your own people? What point would logically take priority?

It seems like DOING anything is some ancient concept long forgotten these days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Lots of Irish are in London. Hope they are all safe. Their families must be sick with worry if they haven't heard from them yet. Although I heard that mobile signals are turned off for a while at such incidents, so hopefully all is well.

Some terrible reports about the type of stabbings. Jesus. But no confirmation of anything really yet.

What does it matter if their Irish or not? like their lives are more worthy than an English person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Just came out of work at tower bridge. Chaos and bedlam here: police cars and vans helicopters all over the place.

Stay safe

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

AllForIt wrote: »
    So the focus seems to be taken of France and over to the UK. I wonder how much of that change in focus is attributable to the fact that that British police don't carry firearms.

Or with the election coming up? Or the focus Manchester got? Who knows these guys are loons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

AllForIt wrote: »
    The worst thing is it makes them look like they are unprepared.

I don't buy that. They are a serious outfit in the UK.

This is all so disgusting. Real horrifying stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Interesting that people take the opportunity on these threads to get a dig in at Sky News.

Ok, WE GET IT. YOU ARE COOL BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE SKY NEWS.

Give yourselves a pat on the back. Don't forget to tell everyone on facebook too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

It's times like this you appreciate the police. If this happens here we're f###ed

King's Hospital in S. London has a sign up saying "Major Incident" according to the Guardian's political correspondent who happened to be cycling by there. They're obviously prepping for the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Wan#3r$

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

We are talking about Muslims who have come to the attention of security services it's attitudes like this that allow these attacks to continue!
    I would also shutdown Mosques that are proven to preach hate speech!
    I wonder how many more attacks will happen before we reach a tipping point where Europe starts to fight back!

But you sir are a racist according to the self-hating politically correct liberal left. Leftwing politicians and their sympathisers of terror are responsible for all this and they think the slaughter of the innocents is a fine price to pay for multiculturalism and unrestricted immigration.

This is the future we both in Ireland and across Europe face unless radical changes are made very soon. We are now in 2017 but 2029 is closer than 2005 was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

maudgonner wrote: »
    In a situation like this, yes more than likely. As soon as possible they will have Sat Vans down there, but it will obviously be difficult to get close.

Sat trucks take a while to dispatch and set up and on top of that, getting parking permission. To get up on air asap in the immediate aftermath of an event like this all a news network needs is a camera man with a liveU which allows for wireless live streaming straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Some confusion over actual events - eyewitnesses have said incidents at Burough Bistro, but police are saying Burough Market, which are two completely different places.

Is the Shard the Gherkin? Or are they two separate buildings?

Two separate building, the shard is on the south bank above London bridge station, the Gherkin is the other side of the water around Liverpool Street, about 15-20 minute walk apart

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Nope, vetted civilians to defend themselves against terror attacks that are beginning to happen more frequently, name a better solution? immigration control wont work, not possible to put armed police on every corner.

Terror attacks are actually decreasing http://www.datagraver.com/case/people-killed-by-terrorism-per-year-in-western-europe-1970-2015

More people die in the US due to guns per year than total killed by terrorists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Fcuking Borough Market on a Saturday night mate. Talk about trying to maximise casualties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Is the b&q van the suspected vehicle? Or just a crashed white van al Jazeera keep showing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Correcting a person's grammar/spelling helps the situation. Idiot!:(

I'm not the one suggesting bare arms. Leave me out of this. Also, jog on. "This situation" is weekly now. You think being all serious and "RIP to the.." on AH, here in Ireland, makes sfa difference? It doesn't. There will be another identikit thread next week. I'm not the issue here Claire with an I. The headbangers are.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Trump_Wall

What does it matter if their Irish or not? like their lives are more worthy than an English person.

He's referring to the Irish context. Evidently, Irish people know many of their family members and friends in London. It's perfectly rational for those persons to express added concern at tonight's unfortunate events.

I promise you this isn't racism. I promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

This is the policy of a country with an astronomically high firearm homicide rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Multiculturalism lads!

You're talking about some of the police officers responding to the incident just shown on TV?

AnneFrank wrote: »
    It's times like this you appreciate the police. If this happens here we're f###ed

You say that, but don't forget that the Gardaí only recently foiled a possible bomb-making plot by the New IRA with the capture of 6kg of Semtex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Absolute subhuman cnuts. Hope whoever is responsible really suffers before finally expiring.

Advertisement