Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London terror attack confirmed by Met Police

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Will the ''Love Concert'' get cancelled due to hate /

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Aye lets just follow trends and hope they dont curve up like the last 2 weeks, head in the sand my friend you're part of the problem, proactive response is needed and guns for self defence is what I'd call for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Very sad news from London you'd often wonder if or more than likely when it happens here we will be completely out of our depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Sat trucks take a while to dispatch and set up and on top of that, getting parking permission. To get up on air asap in the immediate aftermath of an event like this all a news network needs is a camera man with a liveU which allows for wireless live streaming straight away.

Yeah, that's what I said?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Gamebred wrote: »
    What does it matter if their Irish or not? like their lives are more worthy than an English person.

I reckon they mean it brings it closer to home, a chance people posting here might be affected or their families.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

**** now bbc reporting a third incident in vauxhall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Thereligionofpeace

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Third incident in Vauxhall area. Met Police have tweeted that they're responding.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

3rd Incident confirmed now at Vauxhall according to Sky News via Police

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Aye lets just follow trends and hope they dont curve up like the last 2 weeks, head in the sand my friend you're part of the problem, proactive response is needed and guns for self defence is what I'd call for now.

Chicago, a city in a country with your ideals when it comes to firearms, had 700 firearm related homicides last year.

It doesn't work.

• Advertisement

Another incident being reported in the Vauxhall area.

Unless Burough Market is in Vauxhall?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Doltanian wrote: »
    We are talking about Muslims who have come to the attention of security services it's attitudes like this that allow these attacks to continue!
    I would also shutdown Mosques that are proven to preach hate speech!
    I wonder how many more attacks will happen before we reach a tipping point where Europe starts to fight back!

But you sir are a racist according to the self-hating politically correct liberal left. Leftwing politicians and their sympathisers of terror are responsible for all this and they think the slaughter of the innocents is a fine price to pay for multiculturalism and unrestricted immigration.

This is the future we both in Ireland and across Europe face unless radical changes are made very soon. We are now in 2017 but 2029 is closer than 2005 was.

That video did no one any favours half of it is made up of clips of films. Seriously there's been enough mayhem in te uk already to have actual footage of actual events in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Met Police tweets:

Info available at this stage: from 2208hrs officers responded to reports of a vehicle in collision with pedestrians on #London Bridge. 1/3

Officers have then responded to reports of stabbings in #BoroughMarket. Armed officers responded and shots have been fired. 2/3

Officers are now responding to an incident in the #Vauxhall area. 3/3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Terror attacks are actually decreasing http://www.datagraver.com/case/people-killed-by-terrorism-per-year-in-western-europe-1970-2015

More people die in the US due to guns per year than total killed by terrorists

Maybe in the US. They're increasing in europe, quite evidently

Very sad news from London you'd often wonder if or more than likely when it happens here we will be completely out of our depth.

No country can be prepared for this kind of attack , just be prepared to mop up on a scale that doesn't bear thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yeah cause a load of armed people can stop a deranged manic from veering a car/van/lorry into pedestrians with no notice at all? Guns and a drunken Saturday night in any big city wouldn't be a good mix at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I understand that there is a special Garda unit equipped for this kind of incident, although I don't know their name, their strength, or their numbers. Please God a similar incident won't happen here. London & Manchester are perilously close ...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭35cent

Just heard on LBC that a guy in a red t-shirt just got arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A 3rd incident now in Vauxhall according to BBC News/

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Why do they keep attacking Europe? Is the US not more of an enemy and would an attack not be seen as more successful to them in the US (target the US), whats the idea with Europe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

No head in the sand here. Just don't see how having gun death numbers as vast multiple of anything terror related is helping

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

This is starting to sound quite like the Paris attacks, where multiple nightlife events were targeted at once across the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

zeebre12 wrote: »
    Why do they keep attacking Europe? Is the US not more of an enemy and would an attack not be seen as more successful to them in the US (target the US), whats the idea with Europe?

We have been weakened by the liberal media and politicians. We are a soft touch and an easy target

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

You say that, but don't forget that the Gardaí only recently foiled a possible bomb-making plot by the New IRA with the capture of 6kg of Semtex.

Aye and their valuable intelligence resources are being taken up minding that bunch of ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Someone being arrested on Sky news dressed in black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

This is mental.

Christ I hope this ends quickly but looks like at least three incidents now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Guy Sajer

America didn't open the flood gates on the orders of Merkel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

MysticMonk wrote: »
    Religion of peace
    Big Barry wrote: »
    The "religion of peace" strikes again.
    BumperD wrote: »
    Thereligionofpeace

We get it. You hate Muslims.

The usual AH knuckle-draggers are delighted once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Do you not know how easy it is to get into Europe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

35cent wrote: »
    Just heard on LBC that a guy in a red t-shirt just got arrested.

I prefer radio at times like this. Am listening to LBC myself now. It is very worrying.

Advertisement