Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London terror attack confirmed by Met Police

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Foreign policy is a 100% to blame, as hard as it is to accept, the only way to end conflict, is negotiations. How, I have no idea

Yiu cant negotiate with these savages. But they have to change there foreign policy to stop the next generation been radicalised. I fear its too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

awec wrote: »
    Sky are pretty much just broadcasting everything and anything right now to fill airtime. It's like some sort of reality TV show, I guess this is the problem with 24 hour news, they are unable to wait until they have substantiated facts.

You'd think they could do the weather and sport until they have something of any value to repeat 20 times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Negative_G wrote: »
    I can picture the resident AH apologists cracking their knuckles getting ready for a long night of defending the indefensible.

No point, everyone by now knows the well-worn and warped record played by the usual suspects, crackle...deport them all... snap, pop...dem Muslims... crrrzt...ban Islam...brrrrrzzzt...dem fordeigners.... And so on and so forth.
    And it's always the same answers. No you can't deport all those brown people that annoy you so much, no you can't ban a religion, because apart from being pointless and stupid it's also impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Reuters saying that witnesses said they saw people who appeared to have their throats cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Trump_Wall

No point, everyone by now knows the well-worn and warped record played by the usual suspects, crackle...deport them all... snap, pop...dem Muslims... crrrzt...ban Islam...brrrrrzzzt...dem fordeigners.... And so on and so forth.
    And it's always the same answers. No you can't deport all those brown people that annoy you so much, no you can't ban a religion, because apart from being pointless and stupid it's also impossible.

Why do those who disagree with a point of view, or who seek to pervert a rational response, resort to the colour of people's skin - even when nobody gives any due consideration to said factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭AllForIt

awec wrote: »
    Sky are pretty much just broadcasting everything and anything right now to fill airtime. It's like some sort of reality TV show, I guess this is the problem with 24 hour news, they are unable to wait until they have substantiated facts.

I have heard 3 eyewitness accounts on LBC radio so far giving similar accounts of men running around stabbing ppl with large blades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I've done the only thing that makes any sense right now - switched off the telly.

In the morning someone will actually tell us with clarity what happened at about 10.30

• Registered Users Posts: 38,001 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ffs I'm heading over there on the 15th

Bloody he'll what's this world coming too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Devastating. I don't know what to say. I had a day in town planned tomorrow with herself and we're still going in. These bastards will never win. I'm going to bed and hoping beyond hope that as many victims as possible pull through and recover. Awful.

Like it or not, there has been a trend in attacks over the past few years. I'd bet a weeks wages that the attackers fit the trending profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

They seem to be stepping up the frequency of these attacks and the following will probably play out
    1)it will be British born Muslim who will have carried out the attack.
    2) He will have been on a watch list at some stage
    3) Radicalised in Local Mosque or from travelling to Syria or some other Muslim country

Time to round up anyone on these watch lists and just lock them up!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

During Ramadam Muslims fast from dawn to Dusk, as Ramadan runs parallel to the Summer Equinox where we receive over 18 hours of daylight it makes for a very long fast. Meanwhile Muslims in Antarctica enjoy a very short fast due to the almost permanent night there.

http://muslimmatters.org/2015/07/03/mental-illness-and-ramadan/

Fasting leads to fatigue, mental impairment and other side effects.

This was caused thus by Mental illness. Nothing to see here only Mental Illiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

This is crazy. Hopefully no deaths. What can be done to stop ISIS now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've done the only thing that makes any sense right now - switched off the telly.

In the morning someone will actually tell us with clarity what happened at about 10.30

From the BBC

BBC reporter Holly Jones, who was on the bridge at the time of the incident, said the van was driven by a man and was "probably travelling at about 50 miles an hour".
    "He swerved right round me and then hit about five or six people. He hit about two people in front of me and then three behind," Ms Jones told the BBC News Channel.
    Five or six people were being treated for injuries after the vehicle mounted the pavement and hit them, she said.
    "I'd say there are about four severely injured people. They all have paramedics assisting them at the moment."

No word of Gunfire and Stabbings from reporter on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

I've like your stuff for years. You're usually a sensible soul. That ^ right there is quitter talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Good evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Fingers crossed there aren't any dead or seriously injured, I hope the UK increases national security even if its unlikely there will be another attack I don't think they can take risks right now considering how close the last two attacks have been to each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

How do you negotiate with people who wish to create a caliphate and want to kill unbelievers?

I dunno.

But I know a man who does.

To: MMRGhadaffi@Dictatormail.com

CC:Saddam@massacrelulz.com

Dear Muammmar, lookin good, dont let them tell you otherwise...

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Foreign policy is a 100% to blame, as hard as it is to accept, the only way to end conflict, is negotiations. How, I have no idea
    I'm sorry but you do not and cannot negotiate with the likes of IS. Big Mo has been swinging his sword for 1400 years now and his most ardent followers are not going to listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Actually negotiations are not a possibility in this instance, you need to understand the difference between them and other terror groups to understand why. In a nutshell, they're not interested in negotiating.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Muslims have been living in Britain for decades. Bit of a coincidence these attacks are only happening after the increase in British intervention/wars in the middle east.

Not at all. There are some interesting accounts of Muslim parents and elders observing the point when the younger generations became more puritanical and fanatical, it is connected to the kind of preaching that goes on in wahhabist funded mosques.
    kona wrote: »
    Britain is becoming some mess at the moment. Time for strong leadership. Unfortunately they have theresa may and are crippled by political correctness.
    Much like ourselves.

They know who most of these gimps are, they should go round them up.

Wait until they have Corbyn. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

They seem to be stepping up the frequency of these attacks and the following will probably play out
    3) Radicalised in Local Mosque or from travelling to Syria or some other Muslim country

And so it begins.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Guy on Sky News wasn't being interviewed as far as I can tell but he seemed to be describing automatic gunfire with his arm signals to the camera...or maybe I misread what he was doing???

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Who'd have thought the nursery rhyme would come through?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Tomatoheadfred

1 - Hashtag
    2 - "Pray for blah blah muh thoughts are with blah blah"
    3 - Solidarity
    4 - Change Profile picture
    5 - Claim that Muslims are the real victims in all of this
    6 - Wait a week and return to 1.

• Administrators Posts: 53,526 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Indeed, mass internment has always shown very positive results in the past.

Irish people who think internment is the solution never cease to amaze me given what happened here in the 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭pangbang

You say "cant", I'd say "not yet".

So for all your criticism and high-horsing, whats your idea then?

Whats your proposal, even simplistically?

Because as it stands, youre suggesting a big, fat, whopping ZILCH. Or in other words, let it all keep happening?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

My fave bit was sky news quoting their "eye witness" that openly said he couldn't see London bridge/the incident from where he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Trump_Wall wrote: »
    This isn't foreign policy.

This is the eschatological ideology of hate; a hatred of our values wedded to theocratic certainty. Sooner we appreciate the cause, the sooner we might be able to afford something that approximates to a solution.

Until that time, our political leaders are sleepwalking our populations to social and cultural destruction.

Muslims have been living in Britain for decades. Bit of a coincidence these attacks are only happening after the increase in British intervention/wars in the middle east.

There's a whole host of reasons that Sunni Islamic terrorism has increased significantly since the 1990s but the biggest factor by far is entirely to do with the Wahabism funded and promoted across the entire globe by Saudi Arabia since the late 1970s. Until the House of Saud is overthrown nothing will get better.

In the interim we should be treating Saudi like North Korea or apartheid South Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sky News saying that Scotland Yard confirming a 2nd incident at Borough Market.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Foreign policy dictates all. If we weren't bombing the f*ck out of them, they wouldn't feel the need to retaliate.

I see from your username you're either a troll, or an idiot, so I'll leave it there.

Yeah those Nigerian scumbags off bombing the world sure, poor old Boko Haram only kidnapped all those innocent girls too to teach them the errors of their ways

In fact the ISIS militants​ in the Philippines were only putting manners on the locals for knocking out cheap football jerseys

Advertisement