Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London terror attack confirmed by Met Police

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Never ending. Thoughts are with people of London.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

LordSutch wrote: »
    I understand that there is a special Garda unit equipped for this kind of incident, although I don't know their name, their strength, or their numbers. Please God a similar incident won't happen here. London & Manchester are perilously close ...

But the hospitals and ambulances wouldn't be able to cope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

pangbang wrote: »
    Maybe a bit hyperbolic on their part, but your comment??

There are people getting killed in the UK right now, by "foreigners" (sorry for upsetting you with that overt racism), and you get on boards to point out to fellow irish people that they are racist? That you think people here are "delighted" by this?

THATS what got you going?

That's the priority in your head?

You said "racist", not me. It's very obvious that there are people on this forum whose first reaction to incidents like this is absolute delight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Ironic as it is, I hope Leo shuts the door. At least temporarily while the security risks are weighed up.

This is far too close to home.

Exactly.

2 generations ago.

I give us 20 years max.

20 years for what ? Before Irish born Muslims have over run us and declared all kinds of Jihad on us and our way of life???? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Send in the SAS I say.

Like seriously (if its as bad as it seems)???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Nigel Farrage got what he wanted'' Brexit'' but he was never in power. That is what is strange about it. In current climate if he was to run for PM he would win .

I think he got his 'win' but by now most people do see him for what he is. He is a small man and he's finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

An eyewitness told LBC radio what he saw tonight.

The taxi driver said: "A van came from London Bridge itself, went between the traffic light system and rammed it towards the steps. It knocked loads of people down.

"Then three men got out with long blades, 12 inches long and went randomly along Borough High Street stabbing people at random."

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭pangbang

ThisRegard wrote: »
    What foreigners have been involved in the recent attacks?

Save it, seriously. Your non-argument is predicatable as f**k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

RayM wrote: »
    We get it. You hate Muslims.

The usual AH knuckle-draggers are delighted once again.

Don't hate Muslims. Pointing out there is an ideology that is firmly rooted in its religion. Not sure why you'd be delighted at another incident like this? You must be sick. That is all, knuckle dragger.

Enjoy the rest of your evening:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Jesus when is this going to end,

Curing people of Islam is not easy. It will take a long time to eradicate religious superstition.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can you imagine living in area and being alone in a flat while this happens. We are safe, but still shaken, how are those feeling who are hiding in their own attics waiting for it to blow over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

"If" that was temple bar area it would be like a slaughter house, when the few armed response arrive.

Where are simple basic things like metal poles to stop cars trucks etc, from driving down Grafton street and other crowded places? Dublin City Council won't reply to any emails I send them.

Are we really hiding behind our neutral status and hoping the bad guys feel sorry for us and leave us alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

Somedude9 wrote: »
    When we kill them all.

Wow, thank god the British didn't share your attitude when it came to the Irish/IRA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

pangbang wrote: »
    Save it, seriously. Your non-argument is predicatable as f**k

Call it whatever you want, but it's factual, you can't argue against that.

Problem is that people like you think that closing borders will prevent things like this while actually ignoring where the problems arise from.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think he got his 'win' but by now most people do see him for what he is. He is a small man and he's finished.

He's Trump 2.0
    Together they would fix a problem the likes of May and Merkel tell us doesn't not exist .

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭pangbang

RayM wrote: »
    You said "racist", not me. It's very obvious that there are people on this forum whose first reaction to incidents like this is absolute delight.

And what about YOUR apparent delight in getting to call that out?

Have you actually thought about your own motivations, that when a terrorist attack happens for the umpteenth time, with people dying, your commentary goes straight to pointing the finger at irish people on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can the police or armed response not just invade the area and take it over, why is it taking so long to sort out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

I was born less than 1 mile from where this happened. I went to school with Muslims, Africans, Irish, Spanish..there was zero division, zero hatred, zero racism. I had Muslim school friends, they're still friends to this day. No hatred, no intolerance. Something fundamental has changed. Someone is poisoning the well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Curing people of Islam is not easy. It will take a long time to eradicate religious superstition.

Curing people of Islam all forms of religion and sky fairys is not easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The chances are the attackers are British born. I would be certain that a number of the emergency services responding to this and treating the wounded in hospitals are British born children of immigrants as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭muppetshow

Must be running out of candlelights and excuses soon in the UK.
    Maybe time for some action,not empty words,as usual.Tolerance my a..e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

These guys were likely born in the UK

Yes, yet go to other countries to learn their trade. Just like the Manchester bomber. Yet those that make it OK?
    I'm confused, his family went back. Yet he stays here and caused Mayhem, and bloodshed. I'm confused.
    Do you want to explain why to me?

Can the police or armed response not just invade the area and take it over, why is it taking so long to sort out?

The risk to civilian life, especially in a place likely as crowded as that, would be far too high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Police now responding to a third incident at Vauxhall! can you believe it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

20 years for what ? Before Irish born Muslims have over run us and declared all kinds of Jihad on us and our way of life???? :rolleyes:

You roll eyes ahead. Come back in 20 years. Older and wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Jeez, if I was a police officer I'd be hard pushed not to lose the head with the rubberneckers who won't listen to orders to move back to safety because they're too busy filming on their phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

And if they didn't then 6KG worth of explosives would have ended up in the IRA's hands, which could have ended up in someone else's hands, and f*ck knows how many innocents would have been killed.

Oh I'm not complaining about the guards. It's the ***** in these disso gangs that I detest. Gangsters marauding as freedom fighters. The guards should be able to spend those resources on external threats.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

I just feel sick to be honest. We are sleepwalking from one atrocity in the name of radical Islam to the next. These are simple facts, yet we are too hung up on human rights bull**** to accept it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

LordSutch wrote: »
    Send in the SAS I say.

Like seriously (if its as bad as it seems)???

Send them in to do what? Take out all 3.5 million Muslims? Stop and search every brown person climbing into a van or car? Station the SAS in all knife shops and take out any person wearing a hijab looking to buy a steak knife?

I'll repeat this just for effect because it's factually true:

Peanut allergies are a bigger killer of people in the UK in the last 15 years than Radical Islamic Terrorists.

Ban peanuts and come back to me and we'll talk.

Oh and when you ban peanuts, we'll discuss other matters like white people who are responsible for over 4,000 murders in that period versus the 64 killed by Radical Islamists.

SMH.

Advertisement