Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London terror attack confirmed by Met Police

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Manchester attack barely out of the headlines and then this happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Sky News says that sources have told them that Scotland Yard is treating this as a terrorist attack. This is not confirmed. /u/HaydenSD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Second incident at Burrough Market, with videos of armed police running into pubs telling people to get down.

Live Thread here.

Just watched those. Fúcking terrifying situation.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Do Sky News broadcast back to base on 4G or what would the setup be?
    It depends. If they have a reporter/camera crew with a van it would be via satellite, otherwise if it's a more mobile crew or amateur footage it would be via IP, likely 4G.

Some confusion over actual events - eyewitnesses have said incidents at Burough Bistro, but police are saying Burough Market, which are two completely different places.
    "Significant" gunfire reported and up to six shots fired near the Shard
    There are now reports of" five or six shots" fired or explosions of some kind from witnesses on Southwark Street, about 300 yards from the Shard.
    "The sense I'm getting is that this is not a situation that is over," LBC's reporter on ground has said. "This is still an incident that is very much ongoing".

Is the Shard the Gherkin? Or are they two separate buildings?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

You just can't protect from an attack such as this, I just can't get my head around it. Saturday night, people just out with friends, tourists, commuters and now some won't make it home.
    Horrific stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

awec wrote: »
    Sky news is getting ridiculous now.

While I don't particularly like sky news censorship is not the answer.

Seen someone after Manchester attack on sky news calling the reaction of the public and news stations as 'hysteria'

What does anyone expect?

Ide rather 'hysteria' and wall to wall coverage than acceptance any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lots of police getting kitted out in riot gear on Sky News, looks like they must be expecting a mob of people with knives, why not just send in armed response and wipe out anyone not following orders?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Just came out of work at tower bridge. Chaos and bedlam here: police cars and vans helicopters all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Do Sky News broadcast back to base on 4G or what would the setup be?

In a situation like this, yes more than likely. As soon as possible they will have Sat Vans down there, but it will obviously be difficult to get close.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Just came out of work at tower bridge. Chaos and bedlam here: police cars and vans helicopters all over the place.

You home safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Sky news is getting ridiculous now.

They've just shown live coverage of police officers getting changed on a London street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

There is an incident that is ongoing right now. I feel sorry for the British, they are going through a very tough time.

Probably best to get home as quickly as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Indeed, mass internment has always shown very positive results in the past.

Irish people who think internment is the solution never cease to amaze me given what happened here in the 70s.

We are talking about Muslims who have come to the attention of security services it's attitudes like this that allow these attacks to continue!
    I would also shutdown Mosques that are proven to preach hate speech!
    I wonder how many more attacks will happen before we reach a tipping point where Europe starts to fight back!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Mind yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Lots of police getting kitted out in riot gear on Sky News, looks like they must be expecting a mob of people with knives, why not just send in armed response and wipe out anyone not following orders?

Certainly looks like riot gear. All seems very chaotic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Sky News are sick, showing the police changing uniform and they are in their underwear. an absolute new for Journalism in my opinion. There they are forced to hurridly change clothes on the street and Sky decides to broadcast it to the whole world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The right to bare arms is needed in the u.k for incidents at this stage, theres not many other viable options and please dont give me America as an example.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Those police are getting kitted up for action!! This is most definitely still an ongoing incident.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

wakka12 wrote: »
    Was turin really a false alarm? There were pictures of injured people in the article ??

There were some minor injuries occurred in a stampede

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭AllForIt

So the focus seems to be taken of France and over to the UK. I wonder how much of that change in focus is attributable to the fact that that British police don't carry firearms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Gamebred wrote: »
    The right to bare arms is needed in the u.k for incidents at this stage, theres not many other viable options and please dont give me America as an example.

T shirts are the answer? :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Pretzill wrote: »
    Certainly looks like riot gear. All seems very chaotic.

Jesus imagine having a few beers in you in this chaos, missing friends, trying to figure out how to get home or that fooking terrifying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,153 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

'Cause it defeats your argument?

I actually feel sorry for people working on rolling news stations at times like this. They have to keep talking no matter what and are likely painfully aware of the Sh1ite they are talking, and statements of the obvious and their repetition.

Confirmed that police are seeking three suspects.

Reddit Live Thread
    , just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Giving nutcases access to guns will help? Bizarre logic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Beyondgone wrote: »

Correcting a person's grammar/spelling helps the situation. Idiot!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Beyondgone wrote: »

He meant a set of bear arms from hunting.

Advertisement