Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London terror attack confirmed by Met Police

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Time to just start ghosting any cowardly fucker with an internet history that pertains to a sympathy with islamic fundamentalism.

This has gone beyond ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭bilston

2nd incident confirmed at Borough Market. This is sounding very serious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Yeh Borough Market a 10 min walk from the bridge.
    Confirmed second incident by Scotland Yard in a nearby area

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rachb

2nd incident now at Borough Market

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

2nd incident at Borough Market just popped up on Sky News

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

You'd have to wonder how the BBC had a reporter on the bridge before it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Turin too. Many people injured there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Trump_Wall

There's a whole host of reasons that Sunni Islamic terrorism has increased significantly since the 1990s but the biggest factor by far is entirely to do with the Wahabism funded and promoted across the entire globe by Saudi Arabia since the late 1970s. Until the House of Saud is overthrown nothing will get better.

In the interim we should be treating Saudi like North Korea or apartheid South Africa.

It's not the sole solution, but it's something we - for economic reasons at least - can't yet consider.

What a pity that such a vile and toxic regime, a regime responsible for the metastasization of Wahhabism, is the same regime that sits on such a vast and influential source of the world's oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Looks like absolute mayhem out there from the live streams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭AllForIt

They didn't have a reporter on the scene. It was a report from a BBC reporter who just happened to be in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Would it be possible to keep the topic for breaking news/updates. I fully understand that I have absolutely no right to ask this, but it would be appreciated.

There are dozens of threads on Islamic terrorism.

I will be told off I know this. But anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

kona wrote: »
    Britain is becoming some mess at the moment. Time for strong leadership. Unfortunately they have theresa may and are crippled by political correctness.
    Much like ourselves.

They know who most of these gimps are, they should go round them up.
    Yeah the British have a great track record with internment, it's never gone badly for them in the past and I'm sure it won't have the opposite effect to the one intended this time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Think that was a false alarm.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well either she was just out enjoying her Saturday night and happened to be walking across the bridge or she was filming a report for something. Hardly worth wondering about really.

BBC reporting that one of their staff was in a restaurant in Borough Market and heard gunshots. That report is unconfirmed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Trump_Wall

Would it be possible to keep the topic for breaking news/updates. I fully understand that I have absolutely no right to ask this, but it would be appreciated.

There are dozens of threads on Islamic terrorism.

I will be told off I know this. But anyway...

And being censorious on the nature of today's attack helps further the cause of...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

There was an incident on the London Bridge where a car was seen traveling at a high rate of speed and running over people. There are conflicting reports of how many suspects there are but anywhere from 1-3 suspects got out of the van and started stabbing people. Multiple people are injured. No known number is official. Casualties are also reported but not confirmed.
    There are also reports from nearby stores/cafes of suspects entering them and stabbing/shooting people. Still unconfirmed. We are working to confirm all reports. Stay with us. Please keep those affected in your thoughts. Stay safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

False alarm

• Registered Users Posts: 81,667 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seems to have been fireworks and people injured in the stampede afterwards.

• Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sky news is getting ridiculous now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭muppetshow

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Muslims have been living in Britain for decades. Bit of a coincidence these attacks are only happening after the increase in British intervention/wars in the middle east.

Muslims also lived in former Yogoslavia for decades.
    Same in Phillipines,Thailand,Sweden,France,Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Samsgirl wrote: »
    2nd incident at Borough Market just popped up on Sky News

It's looking like the terrorists made their way over to Borough Market which is only a few streets away from London bridge, rather than a separate attack.

Second incident at Burrough Market, with videos of armed police running into pubs telling people to get down.

Live Thread here.

awec wrote: »
    Sky news is getting ridiculous now.

Getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Was turin really a false alarm? There were pictures of injured people in the article ??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Awful news. I know a lot of Boardies are living in London and a lot of us, myself included, have people we care about there. I hope all our loved ones are safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The reporter live on the BBC at the moment looks very nervous.

Tbh unless you line all the footpaths with bollards attacks like this cannot really be stopped. I fully expect that the perpetrators of this act will be known to the police and will probably be British citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Stephen15 wrote: »
    False alarm

I really hope so.

wakka12 wrote: »
    Was turin really a false alarm? There were pictures of injured people in the article ??

Seems to have been firecrackers going off that people thought was a bomb and some were hurt in the ensuing stampede.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,667 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do Sky News broadcast back to base on 4G or what would the setup be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Foreign policy dictates all. If we weren't bombing the f*ck out of them, they wouldn't feel the need to retaliate.

Who is to blame for all the people ISIS murder in the middle east?
    Obviously not ISIS.

Advertisement