Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London terror attack confirmed by Met Police

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Religion of peace

Lots of gun fire accord to an ex Military witness

He said it was quite significant and went on for quite a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I'm surprised the army wasn't on that bridge permanently following the increased security alert recently.

There's plenty of bridges over the Thames, why have the army at this one rather than the others? I doubt terrorists care about a nursery rhyme.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,204 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I will say it and I don't like to say it but these incidents the way they are presented live on TV and on social media have to a certain extent turned in to a strange sick form of "entertainment" if that's the correct word for the way the coverage is given.

I said it before, the news channels love this stuff.

Trump_Wall wrote: »
    This isn't foreign policy.

This is the eschatological ideology of hate; a hatred of our values wedded to theocratic certainty. Sooner we appreciate the cause, the sooner we might be able to afford something that approximates to a solution.

Until that time, our political leaders are sleepwalking our populations to social and cultural destruction.

Foreign policy dictates all. If we weren't bombing the f*ck out of them, they wouldn't feel the need to retaliate.

I see from your username you're either a troll, or an idiot, so I'll leave it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I will say it and I don't like to say it but these incidents the way they are presented live on TV and on social media have to a certain extent turned in to a strange sick form of "entertainment" if that's the correct word for the way the coverage is given.

Yeah but it's still important that these kinds of incidents are reported in the media asap to alert ppl to the danger in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,827 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I understand. But how can we not react and look for the latest info.
    I think entertainment is not correct word though, it's human nature to want to feel informed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

NIMAN wrote: »

Charlie Brooker has a good polemic on this phenomena.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 Big Barry

The "religion of peace" strikes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

This is the eschatological ideology of hate; a hatred of our values wedded to theocratic certainty. Sooner we appreciate the cause, the sooner we might be able to afford something that approximates to a solution.

Until that time, our political leaders are sleepwalking our populations to social and cultural destruction.

Steady Trapper, those are the UK's values not the Irish.

I do not support their foreign policy or agree with who there selling arms to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

NIMAN wrote: »

What "stuff"? News? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Someone hears gunfire, others don't. Both on SKY News.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Negative_G

I can picture the resident AH apologists cracking their knuckles getting ready for a long night of defending the indefensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Conflicting reports and doubt about gunfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Wailin

Foreign policy dictates all. If we weren't bombing the f*ck out of them, they wouldn't feel the need to retaliate.

I see from your username you're either a troll, or an idiot, so I'll leave it there.

What's this "we" sh1t? Seems to me there's a few idiots here.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Trump_Wall

Is ad hominem really your argument of choice?

Why, then, do you disagree with ISIS - who openly declared only last year that, even if there were no Western intervention in the Middle East, they would continue to exist and seek to destroy our way of life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Coward motherfukers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Phillipines, Nigeria, Cameroon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Foreign policy is a 100% to blame, as hard as it is to accept, the only way to end conflict, is negotiations. How, I have no idea

Someone hears gunfire, others don't. Both on SKY News.

Could a big white van that is hollow as they are create loud bangs through impact of hitting people. Maybe people heard the impact and assumed it was rapid gunfire when indeed it was a van hitting people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Trump_Wall

Phillipines, Nigeria, Cameroon

Sweden...etc.

The list goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Big Barry wrote: »
    The "religion of peace" strikes again.

Nunce especulatum.

It could just be firecrackers..

erm. Yeah. Or a drunk. Or a madman.

Or another pack of Muslims triggered by someone not wearing the right clothes. Or listening to music. Or an office worker on their way home who "bombed our people.." Or just following the dogma. "Convert or die".

We all die. I'll take my chances. Converting sounds dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Muslims have been living in Britain for decades. Bit of a coincidence these attacks are only happening after the increase in British intervention/wars in the middle east.

Eye witness says 3 men jumped out of van.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Britain is becoming some mess at the moment. Time for strong leadership. Unfortunately they have theresa may and are crippled by political correctness.
    Much like ourselves.

They know who most of these gimps are, they should go round them up.

• Administrators Posts: 53,526 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sky are pretty much just broadcasting everything and anything right now to fill airtime. It's like some sort of reality TV show, I guess this is the problem with 24 hour news, they are unable to wait until they have substantiated facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭AllForIt

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Foreign policy is a 100% to blame, as hard as it is to accept, the only way to end conflict, is negotiations. How, I have no idea

I truly wish that that's all it is about because then it could be resolved. But I'm afraid it's clearly more complex than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sky News showing police coming out of a van and getting fitted with riot shields, strange setup.

About time the put up a barrier now to protect the footpath from vehicles .
    Seems crazy to have such a soft target and two incidents already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Tomatoheadfred

How do you negotiate with people who wish to create a caliphate and want to kill unbelievers?

Advertisement