Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London terror attack confirmed by Met Police

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

BBC reporter on scene says a guy has been arrested

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

BBC News Reported at the scene says police arresting a guy now with his shirt off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Scary watching Sky News and seeing hoards of people running passed my office and local cafe. Should've been on the way back from London Bridge tonight for a work project except I decided to leave it until tomorrow. Glad I decided to be a lazy b@stard now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Scary time to be living in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A possible other incident at The Shard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

The failed foreign policy of the UK and US has to be looked at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

It seems like London is becoming the new Paris and the UK the new France

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Stephen15 wrote: »
    It seems like London is becoming the new Paris and the UK the new France

Question is where will be the new London in a years time?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,828 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

DBbY-IwXUAAP682.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I hope it's a drunk driver and not another terrorist incident.

I'm not saying what happened is not dreadful, but at this stage a drunk driver would come as a relief.

I also saw something about an incident at the Shard. But that's probably fake news.

• Advertisement
    M

A hotel near London Bridge evacuated too according to Sky News.

I hope it's a drunk driver and not another terrorist incident.

I'm not saying what happened is not dreadful, but at this stage a drunk driver would come as a relief.

I also saw something about an incident at the Shard. But that's probably fake news.

Tiger Woods?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

People are being told to leave their homes and are walking the streets in pyjamas. This isn't a regular attack

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Trump_Wall

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Tiger Woods?

Perhaps an ill-considered time to sound a joke when people are possibly lying dead, or almost dead, on London Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

You cut the number of police and the security budgets then its not possible to watch 23000 suspects. Plus however many returning people who definitely weren't fighting for ISIS in the middle East every week.

Added to that the alleged amount of people with "mental issues" out to injure people. An impossible job

Lots of gun fire accord to an ex Military witness

M

I'm surprised the army wasn't on that bridge permanently following the increased security alert recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭pangbang

Hold on, hold on! I know this tune......

buop bop a lu (terrorists blah de blah), shuop pop a lu (not all muslims), param bam bam (we must not react, that's how they win), shalam dam a lam(bigot, racist, x-o-phobe), dee doh loh a who wop (lets do this again next time)

BU OP BAM BOOM!!

Havent read into it. Might be nothing, but its all sorts of wrong to assume that something that has happened countless times, has all the hallmarks of those countless times, and smells like teen spirit.....cant dare to be presumptious, might offend someone trying to kill us. Best to go through the tune again.

Hopefully it IS nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Dreamers even thinking this is some sort of accident get real you all know what has happened here and what religion will be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,755 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Significant gunfire heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Lots of gun fire accord to an ex Military witness
    This the man on Sky news?

Rapid gunfire before response ten minutes later according to miltary witness on Sky News .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Multiple stabbings on London bridge . . . . ..

This the man on Sky news?

Yes

M

I will say it and I don't like to say it but these incidents the way they are presented live on TV and on social media have to a certain extent turned in to a strange sick form of "entertainment" if that's the correct word for the way the coverage is given.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Trump_Wall

This isn't foreign policy.

This is the eschatological ideology of hate; a hatred of our values wedded to theocratic certainty. Sooner we appreciate the cause, the sooner we might be able to afford something that approximates to a solution.

Until that time, our political leaders are sleepwalking our populations to social and cultural destruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Hardly a ****ing drunk driver out stabbing people.Gunfire the lot. Da **** yous on about on here???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Eye witness who is Taxi Driver on LBC radio says he saw a number of persons with large blades randomly stabbing people. He said he seen bodies lying on the ground. F*ck sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

BBC News has been showing the same 2 minutes of shakeycam for the last 20 minutes now.

• Advertisement

I don't think it makes a difference with these kamikazes, guerilla warfare is hard to defend

Advertisement