Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The only girl I like in there is Montana.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Lilmiss82

anyone else think they've tried to put characters in this year that are very similar to last years characters as it was so successful last year? Amber reminds me of Kady, Montana reminds me of Malin, Kem reminds me of Nathan, Camilla reminds me of Zara because of their sweetness and innocence, Olivia reminds me of Olivia (because of the plastic, although I prefer last years Liv) Jessica & Katie, Dom is a worse looking version of Alex. They're all similar but definitely not as good as last years lot! Hopefully they'll all grow on me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Lilmiss82 wrote: »
    anyone else think they've tried to put characters in this year that are very similar to last years characters as it was so successful last year? Amber reminds me of Kady, Montana reminds me of Malin, Kem reminds me of Nathan, Camilla reminds me of Zara because of their sweetness and innocence, Olivia reminds me of Olivia (because of the plastic, although I prefer last years Liv) Jessica & Katie, Dom is a worse looking version of Alex. They're all similar but definitely not as good as last years lot! Hopefully they'll all grow on me :/

I agree with all that haha. They are like a budget version of last years. Only upgrade from last years show is the villa size and the irritating superdrug ads are gone. I have a feeling I'm not going to like the new guy.

Anyone watching at tv3 pace, what is the name of the song that was playing at the end of the episode where Mike was walking into the villa?

I think Mike is the best looking guy. Johnny seems like a really nice guy aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I watched it tonight and it's a bit odd. The girls seem quite predatory, eyeing up their prey and making their not so subtle moves while the boys are huddling in corners worrying they won't be fancied anymore, reassuring each other about their looks and offering the odd comforting stroke and hug.

Also, has no one told these boys that if you go out dressed in exactly the same outfit as 2 of your friends it looks more than a bit weird ?:)

It was entertaining, funny at times, the narrator was much funnier last year though. Has anyone else noticed that? I started watching late into it last year just for his hilarious commentary.

• Advertisement

I watched it tonight and it's a bit odd. The girls seem quite predatory, eyeing up their prey and making their not so subtle moves while the boys are huddling in corners worrying they won't be fancied anymore, reassuring each other about their looks and offering the odd comforting stroke and hug.

Also, has no one told these boys that if you go out dressed in exactly the same outfit as 2 of your friends it looks more than a bit weird ?:)

It was entertaining, funny at times, the narrator was much funnier last year though. Has anyone else noticed that? I started watching late into it last year just for his hilarious commentary.

Ya he was hilarious last year, maybe there were just better characters in there last year to help with his material.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Camilla is a pain in the hole. No wonder she's single.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Kem makes me so :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bigger pr*ck than his mate Jon last year. I cant wait until he gets booted off.

Jamie2k9 wrote:
    Kem makes me so

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I must be the only one left who still likes Camilla. :D

I think she did overreact to the whole Johnny incident, but agreed with the principle of her argument. Have to say I was very surprised
    when Johnny still decided to re-couple with her.
    (Not sure what pace we're posting at here so spoiler is from last night's episode on ITV 2)

ShazGV wrote: »
    I must be the only one left who still likes Camilla. :D

I think she did overreact to the whole Johnny incident, but agreed with the principle of her argument. Have to say I was very surprised
    when Johnny still decided to re-couple with her.
    (Not sure what pace we're posting at here so spoiler is from last night's episode on ITV 2)

What was the principle of her argument though? That because he had a different opinion to her then they shouldn't be together?

Jesus, if that was a basis for all relationships the human race would soon die out.

She's taking this far too seriously. And she never shuts up crying!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

If it's something that's so important to her, then it makes sense she wouldn't want to be with someone that doesn't share the same opinion. Seems like it was just a deal breaker for her, I think everyone has different deal breakers (big or small, reasonable or unreasonable) :D

That said though, it is taking it too seriously to overreact the way she did - it's a game/reality show at the end of the day & I think she should've been more prepared for something like that to happen/harden up a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

If it's something that's so important to her, then it makes sense she wouldn't want to be with someone that doesn't share the same opinion.

The odds of her finding a guy who agrees with her beliefs on feminism must be up there with women ever being seen as equal to men! :pac:

Jonny is her best bet, I would been winding her up asking her to make me sandwich and a cup of tea!

I have to say that Chloe, is dangerous. Mike got well stitched up by her.

Anyone else think that the two lads, Chris and Mike, are just not used to rejection? I'm not sure either really fancy Olivia, they just don't want the other bloke to get her!

If it's something that's so important to her, then it makes sense she wouldn't want to be with someone that doesn't share the same opinion. Seems like it was just a deal breaker for her, I think everyone has different deal breakers (big or small, reasonable or unreasonable) :D

That said though, it is taking it too seriously to overreact the way she did - it's a game/reality show at the end of the day & I think she should've been more prepared for something like that to happen/harden up a bit!

Yeah, I kind of get you but Jonny was right, the odds of finding someone with exactly those views are slim to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Am I missing something with the whole "Oliva is absolutely stunning" thing going on in the show?! To me she's very meh. There are a couple, in my opinion, stunning looking girls in there but she's definitely not one of them. Also hate how when Mike walked in, she made an immediate deal over her head being wrecked by him being exactly her type "on paper" (a seriously over used phrase in the villa) as if she was full certain that he was going to be into her by default. Such an egotistical idiot with a misplaced sense of entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭buswankers

ratmouse wrote: »
    Am I missing something with the whole "Oliva is absolutely stunning" thing going on in the show?! To me she's very meh. There are a couple, in my opinion, stunning looking girls in there but she's definitely not one of them. Also hate how when Mike walked in, she made an immediate deal over her head being wrecked by him being exactly her type "on paper" (a seriously over used phrase in the villa) as if she was full certain that he was going to be into her by default. Such an egotistical idiot with a misplaced sense of entitlement.

Kinda agree, she was one of my favs in the beginning when she was with Sam. But her carry on since she "pied him off" has left me feeling that she is completely up herself. & her looks are totally over-hyped, she's ok I'd agree but nothing really WOW about her! she's v v skinny though, unless that's whats attracting them all to her??!

ratmouse wrote: »

Has she got very weird lips (kind of sticky out) or is that the other blonde?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭buswankers

pilly wrote: »
    Has she got very weird lips (kind of sticky out) or is that the other blonde?

Think that's Chloe she looks like she's had about ten sessions too much of the lip filler :eek:

I think they like Olivia because she is low maintenance in comparison to some of the other girls! Chloe is plastered in make up first thing every morning to the last thing at night! Montana's hair cost over 2 grand, it must take some looking after!

Olivia walks around a bit rough looking but the can look pretty hot when she makes the effort. She looked pretty hot on the coupling show! But don't get me wrong, I am shocked Mike and Chris are fighting over her!

• Advertisement

branners69 wrote: »
    I think they like Olivia because she is low maintenance in comparison to some of the other girls! Chloe is plastered in make up first thing every morning to the last thing at night! Montana's hair cost over 2 grand, it must take some looking after!

Olivia walks around a bit rough looking but the can look pretty hot when she makes the effort. She looked pretty hot on the coupling show! But don't get me wrong, I am shocked Mike and Chris are fighting over her!

Yeah, I think lads can be into that scruffy look. Remember the other Olivia with the tattoos?

Yeah, I think lads can be into that scruffy look. Remember the other Olivia with the tattoos?

And she ended up with one the best looking blokes too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Seems "on paper" is this year's catch phrase, last year was "mug" as in she's mugging you off, and in the first season it was "pied off"
    Each season they all seem to have a catch phrase :D
    I'm not really surprised about the recoupling because judging by what we saw the other 2 never interacted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Red F Warrior

Kem is 21??? Fella looks like he's in his 30's.

I can't believe Johnny picked Camilia, WTF was that about?and glad Mike picked Olivia, cause Chris would do exactly the same thing.

Kem is 21??? Fella looks like he's in his 30's.

WTF???

WTF???

I said that the first night when all the fellas were saying their ages, they all look way older. Except Marcel looks his age 31. What age is Dom?

pilly wrote:
    WTF???
    I can't believe that at all lol
    fin12 wrote:
    I said that the first night when all the fellas were saying their ages, they all look way older. Except Marcel looks his age 31. What age is Dom?
    Dom is 26. Mike is 24, he also looks in his 30's.

I can't believe that at all lol

Dom is 26. Mike is 24, he also looks in his 30's.

Omg is Mike 24 ****in hell, what age is Chris?

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote:
    Omg is Mike 24 ****in hell, what age is Chris?

Mike's and Kem's ages are ridiculous for how old they look. Chris is 22 but I still think he looks about 25/26

Advertisement