Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrorist Attack in Manchester (Read MOD WARNING in OP Updated 24/05/2017))

Options

Comments

I would assume that bomb disposal vehicles would be normal at the site of any explosion without a known cause right now?

Some harrowing stuff on Twitter - a Holiday Inn supposedly has 50+ children that have become disconnected from their guardians.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

This news has just left me feeling sick tonight. :(
    If it's a bomb it's horribly cynical placement, that place will be full of terrified, hysterical girls, it won't be like a football match where you'll have adults more able to fight their way out and through.
    I'm not saying it would be less awful if it were a male adult attended thing, it's just I can really viscerally imagine the horror of so many young girls in one place without as many adults as they'd need in such a situation. It's chilling. I wouldn't be able to look at videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Horrible, horrible incident.
    Heart goes out to the kids and parents at that concert.

Can't even enjoy an evening out. Dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

Dozens now reported dead

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Danzy wrote: »
    Yes and the Manchester Police and British News Services and Govt. are letting ideal speculation run riot for the hell of it.

Seriously man are you a Breitbart editor?

No but until the authorities confirm what happened it's all speculation :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭buried

The twitter stuff is brutal, all the poor people looking for their kids. Shocking, shocking stuff.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Anyone who has been to a concert knows of how the stampedes can​ be so severe. The videos are very chilling.

Even when leaving a normal concert at the O2, when you can feel the crowd pushing from behind, a sense of mild panic can set in. I've seen videos of the Hillsborough disaster and the Bradford City stadium fire and can't imagine the absolute horror of fleeing somewhere for your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,681 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Gamebred wrote: »
    Presume it would be confirmed as terror by this stage?
    JCX BXC wrote: »
    Being treated as a terrorist incident according to BBC Radio 5 live
    Yeah they said the police are saying that until they are told otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It would be strange for a gas explosion as all of the vendors for food/drink etc would have been well shut down by the end of the concert. Usually after gigs at the Point there may be only 1 bar open by the end. They generally want people out of Arenas pretty quickly during a normal event.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

gandalf wrote: »
    No but until the authorities know the reason it's all speculation :rolleyes:

Shut the thread so?

All points in one direction.

I hear that many hotels are taking in children in order to accommodate them and have a telephone number for parents to ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,492 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

No but until the authorities confirm what happened it's all speculation :rolleyes:

They know the reason but they just need to clarify it, given their statements to date, what has been released officially and unofficially we already know what they are treating it as.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Accidents resulting in deaths or injuries are also treated as crime scenes.
    Well if it's an explosion because of an accident caused by negligence it would also make it a crime scene.
    You'd still urge caution labelling it as that though. Might be the police ensuring the response is what it should be in the event it turns out to be terrorism.

Highly doubt the police would come out and say it was a terrorist incident if there was any possibility it was an accident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Looking through all of the news agencies nobody has a clue what caused it.

Id have assumed if it were terror we'd know after 2 hours.

To me it doesnt have the hallmark of islamic terror. Nowhere near it.

This news has just left me feeling sick tonight. :(
    If it's a bomb it's horribly cynical placement, that place will be full of terrified, hysterical girls, it won't be like a football match where you'll have adults more able to fight their way out and through.
    I'm not saying it would be less awful if it were a male adult attended thing, it's just I can really viscerally imagine the horror of so many young girls in one place without as many adults as they'd need in such a situation. It's chilling. I wouldn't be able to look at videos.

Also as sad ... the guardians that didn't want to be there, but had to so that their child could.

Saw one photo of an injured middle-aged man being carried out with injuries to his legs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Transformer explosion? Sounds like it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

These events whatever the cause, would brings tears to one's eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Highly doubt the police would come out and say it was a terrorist incident if there was any possibility it was an accident

They didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

I just saw lot of bodies on the floor on Twitter, terrible. This looks like a terrorist attack to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Tim Farron (Leader of the Lib Dems) is calling it "An Attack". That is a very strong statement from somebody from the Lib Dems.

https://twitter.com/MarcStevenPhoto/status/866793290846359553

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I just saw lot of bodies on the floor on Twitter, terrible. This looks like a terrorist attack to me.

Lot of dodgy tweets floating about

• Advertisement

Armed police have just pulled someone from a car.

https://twitter.com/DrNinja_/status/866792307907055617

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Tim Farron, leader of the UK liberal party is calling it a terrorist attack. Wonder why he would call it an attack when it's not been officially confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The fake pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

People say that fatalities could be caused by a crush.

I really doubt that that can happen in modern day arenas with wide exits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

The toe-rags on Twitter really come out when a tragedy like this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

RobertKK wrote: »
    These events whatever the cause, would brings tears to one's eyes.

Yeah exactly. These people have died and been injured. Whatever the cause, that fact remains.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Really sounds like a transformer explosion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Shame on merkel ! Blood all over europe on her hands !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Hearing it was a nail bomb :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Transformer explosion? Sounds like it

We're not supposed to speculate.

Advertisement