Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrorist Attack in Manchester (Read MOD WARNING in OP Updated 24/05/2017))

Options

Comments

Woman on BBC who was in with her daughter says she heard the one explosion inside, didn't think it particularly sounded like a bomb.
    Horrible stuff whatever the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭AllForIt

If ppl have died as a result of a panic crush cause by a notion that their might be a terrorist attack going on then that is very sad indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Cant see a thing.

If you look carefully you see the building on the left light up orange right before the sound of the explosion. Took me a couple of watches to see it.

Gamebred wrote: »
    You must be blind so, left of the screen clear massive explosion.

It's not very obvious in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I reckon I'm about to get an internet crash course in the mechanics of a gas explosion during the next half hour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Muir wrote: »
    If you look carefully you see the building on the left light up orange right before the sound of the explosion. Took me a couple of watches to see it.

Yeh can just about see it. Very faint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Doltanian wrote: »
    It has all the hallmarks of islamic terrorism so far to be fair, no matter what happened whether it was terror related or some sort of gasleak or technical problem it looks pretty messed up, people have died and alot of young teenagers and children appear to the the demograph worse effected.

RIP to those who died just having a bit of fun at a music concert.
    Scaremongering bull.

No smoke. No fire, no gunshots.

Sometimes ACCIDENTS happen.

There is absolutely nothing about this tragedy that suggests anything other than some dreadful accident with something in the arena.

But due to sensationalist media and overactive social media, fools jump to the "terrorism" assumption.

Arghus wrote: »
    I reckon I'm about to get an internet crash course in the mechanics of a gas explosion during the next half hour.

Yeh we'll have every crack pot theorist on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Cant see a thing.

The bottom left of the screen. You just see the windows lighting up reflecting the explosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Anyone who has been to a concert knows of how the stampedes can​ be so severe. The videos are very chilling.

I'll reserve comments for later, but BBC Radio 5 live referring to it as a crime scene.

Commencements for what appears to be a rapid and controlled response by the emergency services.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

bubblypop wrote: »
    Also has all the hallmarks of a gass explosion, so how's about everyone just wait till we find out what happened before we start blaming people?

Honestly I hope it was a gas leak or some other non-terror related incident, but from an engineering perspective there shouldn't be any gas mains anywhere near that area, also if there was then the gas would need to be confined within a small area before igniting to cause an actual explosion. Two explosions would seem to rule out a gasleak. It looks like a suicide attack to me. And with the recent terror attacks all over Europe it doesn't take a genius to figure out the ideology behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Timestamp on that video is 21:30??

Time not changed to BST says the person who took the video. He was waiting in the car park for his Girlfriend at the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭bilston

British Transport Police say there was an explosion in the Foyer area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Presume it would be confirmed as terror by this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Scaremongering bull.

There is absolutely nothing about this tragedy that suggests anything other than some dreadful accident with something in the arena.

But due to sensationalist media and overactive social media, fools jump to the "terrorism" assumption.

Same last week with times square.

The usual "religion of peace" d*ckheads were all over it straight away.

If it's in the foyer then another outside afterwards it seems a bit more sophisticated than your common-or-garden Islamic attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Going on what a couple of witnesses have been saying on BBC of people fighting on the way out because of the panic this could be far worse than a terrorist attack :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Being treated as a terrorist incident according to BBC Radio 5 live

• Registered Users Posts: 13,492 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

NBC reporting that at least 20 dead according to Police sources.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

JCX BXC wrote: »

I'll reserve comments for later, but BBC Radio 5 live referring to it as a crime scene.

Well if it's an explosion because of an accident caused by negligence it would also make it a crime scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

That's because they usually are to blame...

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

It happened when the show was over and people were leaving, it makes me think it was a bomb, not gas.

Being treated as a terrorist incident according to BBC Radio 5 live

You'd still urge caution labelling it as that though. Might be the police ensuring the response is what it should be in the event it turns out to be terrorism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Scaremongering bull.

Well to be fair they've given themselves this sort of reputation. When it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck don't get upset when people call it a duck.

That said, I'll hold out my opinion until it's confirmed what caused the explosion, and thoughts with anyone finding out their loved ones have been killed tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

If this is an accident ... its extremly sad.

If this is a terror attack... its extremly sad.

On the latter... if it is a terror attack... what the fook is wrong with peoples moral compass... thìs was a concert full of kids and teeny boppers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Anyone who has been to a concert knows of how the stampedes can​ be so severe. The videos are very chilling.

Commencements for what appears to be a rapid and controlled response by the emergency services.

Accidents resulting in deaths or injuries are also treated as crime scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,492 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

gandalf wrote: »
    Well if it's an explosion because of an accident caused by negligence it would also make it a crime scene.

Yes and the Manchester Police and British News Services and Govt. are letting ideal speculation run riot for the hell of it.

Seriously man are you a Breitbart editor?

Well to be fair they've given themselves this sort of reputation. When it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck don't get upset when people call it a duck.

That said, I'll hold out my opinion until it's confirmed what caused the explosion, and thoughts with anyone finding out their loved ones have been killed tonight.

You are an expert on different breeds of ducks are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Danzy wrote: »
    NBC reporting that at least 20 dead according to Police sources.

Jesus, this concert would have been full of teenagers and younger kids :(

Advertisement