Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrorist Attack in Manchester (Read MOD WARNING in OP Updated 24/05/2017))

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Read on twitter that there was two explosions. Hope no one is hurt!

https://twitter.com/SimonNRicketts/status/866773460789407745

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Christ! Was there last night when Brian Cox was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,472 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

3 mins and nothing concrete, my guess is all safe and good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Hopefully nothing, was over the the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Reading that it was "two bangs" and another source mentioned "gunfire", so the rumour mill is surely in full...er...mill?

https://twitter.com/search?q=manchester&src=typd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Sky news reporting "huge bang" heard in the area, locals reporting people seen fleeing from the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

me_irl wrote: »
    Reading that it was "two bangs" and another source mentioned "gunfire", so the rumour mill is surely in full...er...mill?

https://twitter.com/search?q=manchester&src=typd

images inside the arena there,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just showed video footage from inside the arena, alot of panic/ screams.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Jesus and at an Ariana Grande concert. It would have been full of Children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Sky are saying it's a blown speaker/pyrotechnics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

https://twitter.com/networkrail/status/866774996626157568

Reports the trainline is blocked.

For context the arena is built above the train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

May have been from the train system under the arena

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

That's a fake. A few other similar pictures are going around, but they are not the Manchester arena.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Pretty sure those images are from inside the Arena main doors looking out to the concourse which is above the railway station

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's fake. It's an old photo.

All it takes is one sick fncker to post a fake photo on twatter and it spreads like wildfire.

Don't believe any photos or videos that you don't see on BBC.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lots of conclusions being reached with no facts. If it was actually a bomb or similar there would be more than random panic things on twitter by now surely.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Beasty wrote: »
    Pretty sure those images are from inside the Arena main doors looking out to the concourse which is above the railway station
    I followed the Independent.co.uk link a few posts ago, where a similar picture was posted with the warning on a tweet that it was a fake.

I guess it is early days so it is going to be very hard to tell what is what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

That pic is being branded fake. ^. Reports of ambulances heading to the Arena tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Possible gas explosion maybe, if I remember right there is a lot of residential areas around the arena.

Sky are saying it's a blown speaker/pyrotechnics
    There is a music boarding school about 50-100m away from the Arena where they have gathered all the children in a room. If they could hear it over there from inside the arena that was a very loud bang

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Possible gas explosion maybe, if I remember right there is a lot of residential areas around the arena.
    There's no residential accommodation that close the Arena at all. There may be some across a road, near Strangeways, that may be a bit older, but other than that the only accommodation is the music school and some pretty new tower blocks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭MontoAddict

I love the way you skirt around the obvious possibility.

Allahu Ackbar!

seamus wrote: »
    It's fake. It's an old photo.

All it takes is one sick fncker to post a fake photo on twatter and it spreads like wildfire.

Don't believe any photos or videos that you don't see on BBC.
    Any idea where it is? English signs, people on the ground, can't think of when it'd be from.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I don't think there is too much residential areas there though. Isn't Victoria essentially bordered by the Arndale and the river?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,749 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Load bangs and they had huge balloons every where, I guess one was beside a mic.
    Geez, at least it's not what it seemed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Reckon it was just a fault of some kind. Hopefully nobody hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 81,472 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

GMP now reporting as "serious incident"...
    https://twitter.com/gmpolice/status/866783026218455042

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Load bangs and they had huge balloons every where, I guess one was beside a mic.
    Geez, at least it's not what it seemed to be.

Does sound to be along them lines. People are jumpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Being described as a serious incident.

https://twitter.com/gmpolice/status/866783026218455042

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

If you see people sharing this image re Manchester it's already been debunked as being from a training exercise video some years ago.

I had to brave a very large, very black cock to get that. Join twitter they said, it's great they said.

Advertisement