Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starfish5000

Lavly wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the pic. Does the driveway fits two cars?

No probs - I was trying to figure the car parking out when was up there - it looks like for the mid terraces you can either fit one car right outside your door and the other just a little bit to the right of the house or you can fit one car behind the other in the driveway - hard to know unless your actually on the road itself but the finish on the first row is nice
    You might get what I mean with next pic- it's of the first row of houses on shackelton way

spx3 wrote: »
    Thanks! I can see my house!!

Ha no prob

• Registered Users Posts: 21 a523504

Can anyone tell me about public transport options from Shackleton park? we drove from Shackleton Park to Adamstown train station today, it is a nice walk. Is there/ will there be a different route to Adamstown? We drove from shackleton via somerton onto Adamstown train station. I saw a bus stop is Dodsboro, is there good bus options?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fk28

Not on Facebook so here are a few pics from Shackleton way today - first pic is the first row -driveways and pavement done and plants outside , second pic is 9-13 shakelton way I think- in middle of doing driveways etc

Thanks for the pictures. Does anyone know if they are putting a roof on the bin sheds? I presume they would have to?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

a523504 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me about public transport options from Shackleton park? we drove from Shackleton Park to Adamstown train station today, it is a nice walk. Is there/ will there be a different route to Adamstown? We drove from shackleton via somerton onto Adamstown train station. I saw a bus stop is Dodsboro, is there good bus options?

You can take 25 from Dodsboro I believe (and there seem to be provision for bus lane on the new road just outside Shackleton aka Adamstown Boulevard). There are no good options at the moment other than driving to get to Adamstown station, but I think this will improve once this new road besides Somerton completes/opens (hopefully in the next 12 months?):

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=144&regref=SDZ17A/0007

In Adamstown SDZ plans, Shackleton is on Adamstown Boulevard, which will go direct to station and will make station more accessible but that's few years away I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Has anyone here bought on Shackleton Green? I haven’t heard of anyone else who has!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 8090xl

Has anyone here bought on Shackleton Green? I haven’t heard of anyone else who has!

Haven't heard from anybody who would have..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jaguarpo

Has anyone toyed the idea of a gas burner in the kitchen? Would Nolan kitchen do that for an extra cost?

dn2017 wrote: »
    Just got a call a few minutes ago to say we will be snagging next Thursday the 26th! Delighted!

Just wondering how did the snagging go and did you get a time frame for moving in?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

Just got a call a few minutes ago to say we will be snagging next Thursday the 26th! Delighted!

Just wondering how did the snagging go and did you get a time frame for moving in?

It went well. All minor snags on the list, shower tray was scratched and the cement block in the back garden holding the fencing was cracked. Hopefully going to be in by the end of November.

• Advertisement

It went well. All minor snags on the list, shower tray was scratched and the cement block in the back garden holding the fencing was cracked. Hopefully going to be in by the end of November.

Thanks -that's great only minor snags!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TommyGrealy

Hi, just wondering why - if you've given Cairn a snag list with only minor items - you are now looking at the end of November (nearly a month from now) for move in?. I would have thought (and hoped) most snag list items could be closed within a week or absolute worst case, 2 weeks. Have you been advised otherwise by Cairn Homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

Hi, just wondering why - if you've given Cairn a snag list with only minor items - you are now looking at the end of November (nearly a month from now) for move in?. I would have thought (and hoped) most snag list items could be closed within a week or absolute worst case, 2 weeks. Have you been advised otherwise by Cairn Homes?

It takes time about a week or two for them to do the snag list items then we’re called back in for a final snag then you can sign off. we aren’t ready to move in until the end of November so suits us perfect. Our next door neighbour told me that it could be early December be time we get in because Cairn are waiting on Irish Water and some certs which he was told by a person in Cairn Homes last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rosey101

Hi Guys, this is my first time on this thread. I was just wondering has anyone moved in yet? I called Cairns and they said that show house wont be available until January which isn't too far I suppose.

Rosey101 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, this is my first time on this thread. I was just wondering has anyone moved in yet? I called Cairns and they said that show house wont be available until January which isn't too far I suppose.

Yes, a few families have already moved into the estate.

Question for anyone who has already moved in.. we just moved in today and our fridge is off. We flipped the hard switch ("fridge" written on it) both ways... Didn't come on. We touched the "temperature regulator on/off" button as per the manual... Didn't turn on. Anyone have same difficulties? The contractors hardly forgot to plug it in? If they did we're goosed until the new year 😣

Found the problem.. too embarrassing to post what the solution was ðŸ˜
    Question for anyone who has already moved in.. we just moved in today and our fridge is off. We flipped the hard switch ("fridge" written on it) both ways... Didn't come on. We touched the "temperature regulator on/off" button as per the manual... Didn't turn on. Anyone have same difficulties? The contractors hardly forgot to plug it in? If they did we're goosed until the new year 😣

Please share. :) We didn't get the exhaustion fan over the hob working - maybe that will be similar? Still waiting on SJ to confirm if it's really not working or just us not knowing how to get it working. ðŸ˜

8090xl wrote: »

Please share. :) We didn't get the exhaustion fan over the hob working - maybe that will be similar? Still waiting on SJ to confirm if it's really not working or just us not knowing how to get it working. ðŸ˜
    I didnt realise that the socket where the fridge is plugged in is actually accessible if you reach over the top of the fridge. The switch on that socket was off. Dont think that will help your issue though, sorry!

I didnt realise that the socket where the fridge is plugged in is actually accessible if you reach over the top of the fridge. The switch on that socket was off. Dont think that will help your issue though, sorry!

Thanks for sharing. Let's see.. Not sure yet if it's us or the hob.. :-D Still waiting to know..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Hi All,

We are planning to carry out our snag ourselves. Any tips? And what were the major snags people came across? TIA.

Hi All,

We are planning to carry out our snag ourselves. Any tips? And what were the major snags people came across? TIA.

There are a quite a good number of items most of them were minor. But you need to have a good eye to see all of it. These are stuffs like paint chips on walls, window frame, kitchen cabinets, smudges , broken window locks, broken rubber beadings, some equipment missing etc.. the list goes on. Even though they are all minor a professional would pick it up much easily given the span of 2 hours.

Then there are other surprises like what mentioned in brochure might not be available in your house type. In our case utility room didn't have a space for separate dryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nordyindublin

Hi All

Just booked a 4 bed semi today. But nervous about the comments earlier in the year about the traffic. Has anyone that's moved in yet experienced the traffic and can let me know what it's like? Also anyone living there would be great to get in touch and meet the neighbours - we booked on Shackleton crescent!

Thanks ☺️

Hi All

Just booked a 4 bed semi today. But nervous about the comments earlier in the year about the traffic. Has anyone that's moved in yet experienced the traffic and can let me know what it's like? Also anyone living there would be great to get in touch and meet the neighbours - we booked on Shackleton crescent!

Thanks ☺️
    Congrats on house, have no major issue with traffic, it’s busy if trying to get through village at 8am other than that i’ve had no issue with traffic from Shackleton!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 HMcM

@nordyindublin - my partner and I also bought a semi-d house on Shackleton Crescent. Very exciting. I assume you got move in date of June too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

Does anybody have a link to the County Council planning documents, I cant find them for the life of me

@xalot - yeah I found a link to planning app. I can't post the actual link here because I'm a new user but if you just put www. in front on below link you'll get to the web page...

sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=6431&regref=SDZ18A/0002&r=&l=Lucan&prop=Shackleton&name=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

Thanks so much, that's phase 2. Phase 1 (currently selling) is here
    http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=6431&regref=SDZ16A/0003&r=SDZ16A&l=&prop=%20&name=

I think they're fab. Had been sold on Somerton but I think these are much better value for money and I like the development plans for the area (if they go ahead)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

xalot wrote: »
    Thanks so much, that's phase 2. Phase 1 (currently selling) is here
    http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=6431&regref=SDZ16A/0003&r=SDZ16A&l=&prop=%20&name=

I think they're fab. Had been sold on Somerton but I think these are much better value for money and I like the development plans for the area (if they go ahead)

There was also an amendment last year under SDZ17A/0001 where they changed the layout and sizes of A and B types Shackleton Phase 1:

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=144&regref=SDZ17A/0001

I agree that they are better value than Somerton, but I am biased having purchased in Shackleton.

• Advertisement

Ah, good work!

I had preference for Somerton too until I saw Shackleton 4 bed. Location is good and yes hopefully proposed plans, roads etc will go ahead.

Advertisement