Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Is there a show house opening this month? Has anybody done there snag?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fk28

Is there a show house opening this month? Has anybody done there snag?

I was told on Friday that I will be called in three weeks for snagging. I'm Shackleton Way. There are no show houses until January! They are launching the next phase on the 14th of October from a marque on site!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

Fk28 wrote: »
    I was told on Friday that I will be called in three weeks for snagging. I'm Shackleton Way. There are no show houses until January! They are launching the next phase on the 14th of October from a marque on site!

You're joking that's great news! I'm hoping the rest of us won't be too far behind you. Do you mind me asking which end of the Way and what type house is it?

corre10 wrote: »
    You're joking that's great news! I'm hoping the rest of us won't be too far behind you. Do you mind me asking which end of the Way and what type house is it?

We're number 7 D type house. The house is ready it's all the external work that has to be done, the roads, parking spaces etc. Does anyone know about snagging? Like you hire someone? And then you also hire a surveyer? And a valuer? We havnt bought before so not sure how all this works. Thanks

We're number 7 D type house. The house is ready it's all the external work that has to be done, the roads, parking spaces etc. Does anyone know about snagging? Like you hire someone? And then you also hire a surveyer? And a valuer? We havnt bought before so not sure how all this works. Thanks

That's great news that it is ready for snagging, on time! I don't know much about snagging i assume you hire someone there's plenty from a quick Google search but like most things is probably better to go with a recommendation. I don't know about a surveyor but the bank will likely do the valuation? Bank did for us at least but did one when the house was incomplete so we have to get a follow up valuation as well. My other half drove past yesterday and said the same as yourself with the exception for external work most houses look like they are almost there. We're dying to get in at this point. Let us know how you get on finding a snagger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TommyGrealy

That's great news that it is ready for snagging, on time! I don't know much about snagging i assume you hire someone there's plenty from a quick Google search but like most things is probably better to go with a recommendation. I don't know about a surveyor but the bank will likely do the valuation? Bank did for us at least but did one when the house was incomplete so we have to get a follow up valuation as well. My other half drove past yesterday and said the same as yourself with the exception for external work most houses look like they are almost there. We're dying to get in at this point. Let us know how you get on finding a snagger.

Normally yes you would hire someone and yea a recommendation from someone is the best way to go (dont pick the top of a google search) 
    Your bank should give you the contact details for the person that does the valuation for them.

Was just on the Parkside page and there Facebook group is still active.

Any update on snagging?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 23ChaChaCha

Quick question what colour are our front doors green or black?

I'm in the "close" and was told should be ready for snagging end of November but that they will be in touch with a date nearer the time.

They are green in the brochure?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

The doors are green. We should set up a facebook page when we move in to the houses, Shackleton Park Residents and keep an update on what is happening around the estate. Most estates are doing it now but because Shackleton hasn't been open to the public and people are trespassing there allowed say something.

If we were to have another facebook group now and nobody was to trespass onto the site and put pictures up in the group then we would be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 jaguarpo

Hi guys, Any of you bought in this project recently know if all the Detached D-type at the back(Shackleton Way) are sold? EA is not giving a clear picture of what is available in the future releases.

jaguarpo wrote: »
    Hi guys, Any of you bought in this project recently know if all the Detached D-type at the back(Shackleton Way) are sold? EA is not giving a clear picture of what is available in the future releases.
    I know that at least 3 of the 5 total (inc future phases) have been sold #7 #14 and #15 Shackleton Way

I know that at least 3 of the 5 total (inc future phases) have been sold #7 #14 and #15 Shackleton Way

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pinky+the brain

We put a deposit on number 19 originally but then changed to number 20. Not sure if 19 is still available.

Did anyone with a house type C get a price from Nolans for putting the breakfast bar back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jaguarpo

We put a deposit on number 19 originally but then changed to number 20. Not sure if 19 is still available.

Thanks for the reply. Looks like have to wait longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 23ChaChaCha

Did anyone with a house type C get a price from Nolans for putting the breakfast bar back in?

I've ordered a breakfast bar/island it costs just under 1700 it's extra if you upgrade to the quartz counter top. And larder drawers also extra if you want them.

I've ordered a breakfast bar/island it costs just under 1700 it's extra if you upgrade to the quartz counter top. And larder drawers also extra if you want them.

Seems like a lot for something we were originally suppose to have. I drove by the site this morning and there are people working on it.

Hi all,

The show houses in Parkside are open again this weekend. I know someone said that they went out last week? Was there many houses on show? I'm hoping to see one that's similar to the D type in Shackleton.

Thanks

I went to visit Parkside today, I have to say I was very disappointed in the show houses that I seen. Especially house type H1. We bought house type C and I really hope it's bigger.

Anyone else feel the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

We went to see parkside and for B type we wer pretty happy and impressed with bigger upstairs. Honestly didn’t feel disappointed by smaller kitchen didn’t notice it too much. Have photos will upload Soon. The store from sitting room wasn’t there tho so couldn’t see what that’s going to be like.

Checki0610 wrote: »
    We went to see parkside and for B type we wer pretty happy and impressed with bigger upstairs. Honestly didn’t feel disappointed by smaller kitchen didn’t notice it too much. Have photos will upload Soon. The store from sitting room wasn’t there tho so couldn’t see what that’s going to be like.

Just so you know there is no store room from the sitting room on the type B houses in Shackleton. It's on the brochure that there is a door in the sitting room but they never went ahead with it. Another change they made without telling anyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

dn2017 wrote: »
    Just so you know there is no store room from the sitting room on the type B houses in Shackleton. It's on the brochure that there is a door in the sitting room but they never went ahead with it. Another change they made without telling anyone!!

Awh that’s great news thanks for letting us know! The only thing that’s been a positive of the things they haven’t told us!

Are the storage rooms off sitting room for type A gone as well?

Are the storage rooms off sitting room for type A gone as well?

I'm not 100% sure but I say there are as I was in the Parkside show house type A yesterday and there was none in that house.

dn2017 wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure but I say there are as I was in the Parkside show house type A yesterday and there was none in that house.

I noticed that alright, no loss as far as we are concerned! It will take a bit of room from the living room for not much gain!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Adel12

Are the Parkside houses open 2-4 today does anyone know?

Adel12 wrote: »
    Are the Parkside houses open 2-4 today does anyone know?

Yeah on the website it says it's open Saturday and Sunday 2.30 to 4pm ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AndyZ

Anybody knows if they have a showhouse for a 3 bed terraced house in there (Equivalent of Type B in Shackleton) ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Skelp

AndyZ wrote: »
    Anybody knows if they have a showhouse for a 3 bed terraced house in there (Equivalent of Type B in Shackleton) ?

No....but they have an A type where the first two storeys are broadly similar to what a B type should look like.

Advertisement