Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sullydublin

Is there management fees on this development and if so is it much?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Boaby

Anyone have any idea why the Shackleton website does not exist anymore?something goin on??

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

Boaby wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea why the Shackleton website does not exist anymore?something goin on??

It's still there: https://www.shackletonpark.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

Reversed one of the 3 storey, 4 beds for Shackleton. Was really surprised by the little study room and top floor "store" room across from the master bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 HMcM

Anyone moving in to Shackleton Crescent in the next few weeks? Thought ours would be ready June but we’ll be in by May ðŸ‘🼠Builders playing a blinder

• Advertisement

HMcM wrote: »
    Anyone moving in to Shackleton Crescent in the next few weeks? Thought ours would be ready June but we’ll be in by May ðŸ‘🼠Builders playing a blinder

Moving into grove just off crescent was told June then a few weeks ago changed to middle of may. Have you got a snagging date yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7 HMcM

Moving into grove just off crescent was told June then a few weeks ago changed to middle of may. Have you got a snagging date yet

Yeah we snagged the 13th April and having our final snag next Tues! Very exciting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

Did anyone go through the contracts yet? Some weird stuff like kids cant play on the green or in common areas, or no Air BnB. Has anyone managed to get some of these changed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

When you put a deposit down on a house in Shackleton does it count towards part of your deposit towards your bank for the mortgage does anyone know? Just not 100% sure on how the process works!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

When you put a deposit down on a house in Shackleton does it count towards part of your deposit towards your bank for the mortgage does anyone know? Just not 100% sure on how the process works!

Yes. Did you book already?

• Advertisement

We are putting deposit down in next day or two. Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rose1000

I posted this on the Facebook page so sorry it will be repeated for some of you! Did anyone buy a house on Shakleton Park - as in the road? It's on the edge of the estate next to Tobermaclugg Park. I am just wondering if Tobermaclugg Park will be developed at the same time as the estate and if so what kind of border there will be around the estate - wall, fence, nothing? Does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Skelp

There are two parks in the Adamstown SDZ that have been prioritised- Airlie Park & Tandy's Lane Park. Its unlikely that Tobermaclugg Park will be completed for some years yet. There is a ditch between Shackleton & the site where Tobermaclugg Park is supposed to be. Part of the ditch was knocked down during construction (at the top end of Shackleton Park) and has been replaced with a small fence and some newly planted trees.

Thanks for this!!
    So I suppose it will more than likely be fenced off waste ground for the first few years anyway... is that what you're thinking? Did you buy a house on Shakleton Park yourself or do you just live in the area?
    Skelp wrote: »
    There are two parks in the Adamstown SDZ that have been prioritised- Airlie Park & Tandy's Lane Park. Its unlikely that Tobermaclugg Park will be completed for some years yet. There is a ditch between Shackleton & the site where Tobermaclugg Park is supposed to be. Part of the ditch was knocked down during construction (at the top end of Shackleton Park) and has been replaced with a small fence and some newly planted trees.

Rose1000 wrote: »
    Thanks for this!!
    So I suppose it will more than likely be fenced off waste ground for the first few years anyway... is that what you're thinking? Did you buy a house on Shakleton Park yourself or do you just live in the area?

Hi. I will be living on the Avenue. I really think residents need to put pressure on local politicians to complete Tobermaclugg Park. There can be some anti social behaviour there so I think in the meantime the builders need to have it properly fenced off from Shackleton. At the moment access is pretty easy.

Ok, thanks again for this info. Can I ask is it so bad that it would put you off living on Shakleton Park? We haven't signed contracts yet and I don't want to buy a house and be plagued by antisocial behaviour. That was my fear with bordering that area.
    Hi. I will be living on the Avenue. I really think residents need to put pressure on local politicians to complete Tobermaclugg Park. There can be some anti social behaviour there so I think in the meantime the builders need to have it properly fenced off from Shackleton. At the moment access is pretty easy.

Rose1000 wrote: »
    Ok, thanks again for this info. Can I ask is it so bad that it would put you off living on Shakleton Park? We haven't signed contracts yet and I don't want to buy a house and be plagued by antisocial behaviour. That was my fear with bordering that area.

I don't think it is a major issue to be honest and it wouldn't put me off buying but with building due to commence at almost all sides of the wasteground it could become an issue in the future if it is not developed.

Yes I know what you mean.thanks!
    I don't think it is a major issue to be honest and it wouldn't put me off buying but with building due to commence at almost all sides of the wasteground it could become an issue in the future if it is not developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CaitFTB

Hi All,

Looking at buying in Shackleton Park, how is the commute? The 25 doesn’t seem too regular... are people walking g into the village to catch a more regular route? I usually have to work late so I doubt I can rely on the 25. Also when the estate is fully built - how long do you think it would it take to walk from the back of the estate to the entrance?

CaitFTB wrote: »
    Hi All,

Looking at buying in Shackleton Park, how is the commute? The 25 doesn’t seem too regular... are people walking g into the village to catch a more regular route? I usually have to work late so I doubt I can rely on the 25. Also when the estate is fully built - how long do you think it would it take to walk from the back of the estate to the entrance?

Yep the 25 doesn't seem to regular, also unlike the 25a and 25b it goes through Chapelizod village also so it may take slightly longer. We are moving into Shackleton also, I trialed the express buses on my way home from work in the city center one day. Works out very nicely, 66x & 67x leave you off right beside Tesco in Hillcrest and its about a 10 min walk to the entrance of the estate. They fly out of town, you'd be on them half an hour max, however problem is they stop just after 6pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 KateTT

Hi all,

I am hoping to buy at Shackleton in the next phase and am very interested to hear about how everyone that bought in the past got their tickets for the sale day. Did you queue up at the site in the week before the sale day? Or did you get tickets from H&McD?

Or perhaps the queues were manageable enough not to get tickets ahead of time?

Any information on this would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

The houses are released in stages for the current phase, there seems to be an open house every two weeks where they add around 10-15 houses. I've gone to a few of the open houses and they are different houses on sale each time (with the exception of 1 or 2 properties).
    I believe they've a showing this Saturday but only the 4 beds are left.

I imagine it'll be the same for the next phase but they still have to finish phase 1 so I'm guessing they wont launch until next year, at least.

Anyone know the reason for the esb delay for connecting the power to the most recent houses? Just wondering if it's short or could it go on for weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mdabar

Hi all, do you know if they're punctual in delivering the houses?
    I mean if the next phase is supposed to be ready in December...can we expect to move in in December?

Thanks!

I bought off the plans last Sept told id be in by feb. Still waitin on the keys. Was suppose to get the keys a month ago then didn't happen and was told another 3 weeks yesterday. I would expect to be in the following july if you were told December!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

mdabar wrote: »
    Hi all, do you know if they're punctual in delivering the houses?
    I mean if the next phase is supposed to be ready in December...can we expect to move in in December?

Thanks!

Our house finished a month early.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mdabar

I bought off the plans last Sept told id be in by feb. Still waitin on the keys. Was suppose to get the keys a month ago then didn't happen and was told another 3 weeks yesterday. I would expect to be in the following july if you were told December!!
    xalot wrote: »
    Our house finished a month early.

So there's a little bit of everything :-/
    I've visited the zone a couple of times and the works are already moving at good pace. You can see significative differences within some days. So I'm optimistic. It would be a great "Christmas present" this year :-P

Good luck with your keys @Boaby !

And what about commute? I'll be using car towards Damastown but my wife will surely rely on public transport to city centre.
    What are the best options? I've seen Adamstown train station is quite far yet. It'll be different once they open all the new roads/streets.

Thanks!

Theres a bus stop just down the road for the bus route number 25. This goes through the village then into town via Chapleizod and along the quays in town to merrion square.

You could also get one of the express buses in the morning as there is a stop just across the N4. However they only operate at peak times in and out of the city. They are much faster than the other buses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Theres a bus stop just down the road for the bus route number 25. This goes through the village then into town via Chapleizod and along the quays in town to merrion square.

You could also get one of the express buses in the morning as there is a stop just across the N4. However they only operaHte at peak times in and out of the city. They are much faster than the other buses.

Hi,
    There are 25xs (express bus) which depart from the 25 bus stop weekdays @ 7:35, 7:50 and 8:10. These go through the village but once they get to Woodies they go straight up the N4, past Heuston , up the quays and eventually out to UCD.
    Just on Adamstown train station : I live in the Paddocks and due to a job change I could possibly end up working in Parkwest which is two stops down from the Adamstown station. I was looking at Google maps and there seems to be a path from the bottom of Shackleton to the back of Adamstown. 
    Does anybody know anything about this path ? Is it open/due to open at any stage ?
    This path would cut my trek to the station from 35 mins to 15 I reckon ( currently i would have to walk along the Newcastle road , enter Adamstown and then walk down to the station). Also it would be a huge bonus for the residents of Shakleton to have such easy access to the station.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

5555555555 wrote: »
    Hi,
    There are 25xs (express bus) which depart from the 25 bus stop weekdays @ 7:35, 7:50 and 8:10. These go through the village but once they get to Woodies they go straight up the N4, past Heuston , up the quays and eventually out to UCD.
    Just on Adamstown train station : I live in the Paddocks and due to a job change I could possibly end up working in Parkwest which is two stops down from the Adamstown station. I was looking at Google maps and there seems to be a path from the bottom of Shackleton to the back of Adamstown. 
    Does anybody know anything about this path ? Is it open/due to open at any stage ?
    This path would cut my trek to the station from 35 mins to 15 I reckon ( currently i would have to walk along the Newcastle road , enter Adamstown and then walk down to the station). Also it would be a huge bonus for the residents of Shakleton to have such easy access to the station.
    Thanks

if you are referring the path in yellow here at the western edge, then I don't think it will be open to public until there is a road built there. Planning was approved few months ago but not sure when development work will start.

Work is already ongoing on the red/blue roads though so they will provide easier access to train station sooner than the road on the western end.

Advertisement