Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lecal123

Hi All,

Just put our deposit down for a Type A on the Avenue and new to the thread!

A friend of mine who's buying a house in another new development just heard back today that his developer won't include a condition in his contract to refund his deposit if his mortgage falls through. Just wondering if anyone here has asked for this condition and if there was any pushback?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AndyZ

Lecal123 wrote: »
    Hi All,

A friend of mine who's buying a house in another new development just heard back today that his developer won't include a condition in his contract to refund his deposit if his mortgage falls through. Just wondering if anyone here has asked for this condition and if there was any pushback?

Thanks in advance.

As far as i am aware this condition is included automatically in our contracts. I definitely did not need to ask for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Our solicitor included this condition and Eversheds agreed to it so I can’t see it being an issue for you! Congrats on the house 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

AndyZ wrote: »
    As far as i am aware this condition is included automatically in our contracts. I definitely did not need to ask for it :)

Yes it was already included for me too.

By the way new Shackleton brochure is now online if you haven't been to the new sales office, it shows up to date internal layout.

e.g. no store room door in the living room of type A house. Also there seem to be some minor tweaks to the main bathroom, and HP in the attic room. All fairly positive in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

Just got a call a few minutes ago to say we will be snagging next Thursday the 26th! Delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Emk_91

Exciting! Are you in a type A or C house? I reckon (hoping) I will be getting my call soon.

Emk_91 wrote: »
    Exciting! Are you in a type A or C house? I reckon (hoping) I will be getting my call soon.

I am a type B on the first block on Shackleton Way. I say Sarah Jane is making a few calls today as our neighbours got a call also.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starfish5000

dn2017 wrote: »
    Just got a call a few minutes ago to say we will be snagging next Thursday the 26th! Delighted!

Brilliant news - are you on Shackleton place or the way?

dn2017 wrote: »
    I am a type B on the first block on Shackleton Way. I say Sarah Jane is making a few calls today as our neighbours got a call also.

Brilliant - am on the second block on the way so shouldn't be too far behind ya

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Peter Quill

We should get the Facebook group back up and running.

So who’s having the first house warming party? Are we all invited?

• Advertisement

I do miss the Facebook group!

We just need someone to volunteer to set it back up! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

audi5 wrote: »
    Yes it was already included for me too.

By the way new Shackleton brochure is now online if you haven't been to the new sales office, it shows up to date internal layout.

e.g. no store room door in the living room of type A house. Also there seem to be some minor tweaks to the main bathroom, and HP in the attic room. All fairly positive in my mind.

Much better changes imo! The parkside show house now closely represents Shackleton now I think. I'm on Shackleton Place, haven't heard anything about snagging yet =:-!

corre10 wrote: »
    Much better changes imo! The parkside show house now closely represents Shackleton now I think. I'm on Shackleton Place, haven't heard anything about snagging yet =:-!
    Yes I think the changes are much better. The attic room in the type a houses looks bigger too.

The only change I found a bit annoying was that the windows are smaller :(

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

Yes I think the changes are much better. The attic room in the type a houses looks bigger too.

The only change I found a bit annoying was that the windows are smaller :(

yes, and smaller shower compared to parkside E1.

Hate that they decided to save a few quid by using smaller windows on first floor.

Didn't even notice the shower yet - will have to have a look at that.

When I mentioned the different windows they said it was for energy efficiency reasons :/ suuure lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 8090xl

Didn't even notice the shower yet - will have to have a look at that.

When I mentioned the different windows they said it was for energy efficiency reasons :/ suuure lol.

Looool Good explanation.. Glad we still get windows then.. :-D
    No call yet.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TommyGrealy

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
    Then the developer's solicitor is drawing up a contract which the law society has recommended against. 
    Which isnt illegal or anything but the solicitors acting for the developer will know that the buyer's solicitor will have to recommend that the buyer doesnt sign it
    https://www.lawsociety.ie/Solicitors/Practising/Practice-Notes/subject-to-loan-clause---a-review/#.WeoBLNNSxaQ

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TommyGrealy

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
    Then the developer's solicitor is drawing up a contract which the law society has recommended against. 
    Which isnt illegal or anything but the solicitors acting for the developer will know that the buyer's solicitor will have to recommend that the buyer doesnt sign it
    https://www.lawsociety.ie/Solicitors/Practising/Practice-Notes/subject-to-loan-clause---a-review/#.WeoBLNNSxaQ

Just wondering what the story is with snagging, can we tag along with our chosen snagger??

Sarah-Jane let us know we'll be called for snagging soon, it's all very exciting. Be interested to hear how others who are ahead of us get on, please post the findings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Nemo28 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if these houses come floored and tiled? And if there are any clauses like that you cant have a BBQ or make any changes to the externals for the first 5 years?! Ive just heard some new developments include this in contracts. Also, I haven't seen anything about management fees so assuming they won't apply but again, some new developments do come with management fees..

Is this actually a clause in some new developments that you aren't allowed to BBQ in your back garden?

audi5 wrote: »
    yes, and smaller shower compared to parkside E1.

Hate that they decided to save a few quid by using smaller windows on first floor.

Yeah the first floor windows are a bit mean proportion wise, and have a big effect on the aesthetics. I'm worried that bedrooms will be darker. I didn't notice it when we bought it was much much later!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spx3

Has anyone contacted a professional snag list company?

I think it would be easier to share info if we set up another facebook page. I'm happy to set it up but would anyone like to share the responsibility with me? PM me if you're interested. :)

spx3 wrote: »
    Has anyone contacted a professional snag list company?

I think it would be easier to share info if we set up another facebook page. I'm happy to set it up but would anyone like to share the responsibility with me? PM me if you're interested. :)

I’d be happy to but it won’t let me PM you!

It's a bit further back in the thread but does anyone know if we can go with the snagger?

Facebook group now live search for ‘Shackleton Park Residents’ and we’ll add you 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 29 8090xl

corre10 wrote: »
    It's a bit further back in the thread but does anyone know if we can go with the snagger?

As far as we know, you can take whoever you see fit to help with the snag list on the day you're called out for it.. Think you can even do it yourself if you wanted to.. :) No call for us yet.. :(

Not on Facebook so here are a few pics from Shackleton way today - first pic is the first row -driveways and pavement done and plants outside , second pic is 9-13 shakelton way I think- in middle of doing driveways etc

Not on Facebook so here are a few pics from Shackleton way today - first pic is the first row -driveways and pavement done and plants outside , second pic is 9-13 shakelton way I think- in middle of doing driveways etc

Thanks! I can see my house!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Lavly

Thank you so much for the pic. Does the driveway fits two cars?

Advertisement