Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

I went to visit Parkside today, I have to say I was very disappointed in the show houses that I seen. Especially house type H1. We bought house type C and I really hope it's bigger.

Anyone else feel the same?

This is why I would not buy off a plan, ever, its your one lifetime investment and you should be 100% sure of everything about it. Was there not a showhouse for the type c.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

No, I've seen the same house type in churchfields and it was 100 times I've. I think the estate agents are just trying to take pressure of the delay in the Shackleton show house by sending people to Parkside to see one that isn't really similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Apologies if this has already been asked but does anybody know what the 3 bed terraces are going for? I have recollection of someone mentioning 300,000 but not sure if this is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

Daisy78 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has already been asked but does anybody know what the 3 bed terraces are going for? I have recollection of someone mentioning 300,000 but not sure if this is correct.

If there still the same I think it’s this;

Mid terrace without drive 295,000
    Mid terrace with drive 299,000
    End terrace 320,000

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

I was chatting to Sarah-Jane in Cairn Homes which she said it could be another 2-3 weeks before people get into snag as they want to make sure all the roads are clean as possible for bringing people onto the site.

The first people snagging will be on Shackleton Walk then onto Shackleton Way and so on. They are trying to get people into the houses well before Christmas so touch wood.

She also said the information suite is on this Saturday and Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Skelp

I noticed new advertising hoarding around Lucan which states that prices start from 315,000. I would assume this is for a three bed terraced which is quite a jump from previous phases.

Skelp wrote: »
    I noticed new advertising hoarding around Lucan which states that prices start from 315,000. I would assume this is for a three bed terraced which is quite a jump from previous phases.

The first phase for a 3 bed mid terraced house was €299,950 so they are after putting the price up for the mid terraced house to €315,000. More than likely the end terrace houses will now be €340k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Sigh. That's me back to looking at second hand houses again. Even with the first time buyers grant a lot of new properties are falling into the unaffordable category. I would have thought these properties were aimed at first time buyers.There seems to be a trend for developers releasing small batches of properties to give them scope to increase the price each time which is so frustrating. A 20,000 increase is a huge jump in such a short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

dn2017 wrote: »
    I was chatting to Sarah-Jane in Cairn Homes which she said it could be another 2-3 weeks before people get into snag as they want to make sure all the roads are clean as possible for bringing people onto the site.

The first people snagging will be on Shackleton Walk then onto Shackleton Way and so on. They are trying to get people into the houses well before Christmas so touch wood.

I'm not sure what they mean by clean roads??
    Did she happen to mention Shackleton Place snagging?

corre10 wrote: »

I'm not sure what they mean by clean roads??
    Did she happen to mention Shackleton Place snagging?

The roads are full of muck and there not done proper so they want to clean them up a little bit, no she never said but I presume after the first block on Shackleton Way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 8090xl

Sigh. That's me back to looking at second hand houses again. Even with the first time buyers grant a lot of new properties are falling into the unaffordable category. I would have thought these properties were aimed at first time buyers.There seems to be a trend for developers releasing small batches of properties to give them scope to increase the price each time which is so frustrating. A 20,000 increase is a huge jump in such a short time.

Problem with most of the second hand houses is the bidding game. They are never sold at asking price and for what I've seen, it's a crazy "game".

I would call Hooke and McDonald and have a chat because different posters/ emails all have different pricing!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 8090xl

I would call Hooke and McDonald and have a chat because different posters/ emails all have different pricing!

From their new phase announcement email today:
    "Following a sold-out first phase, we’re delighted to announce a new limited release of our highly popular 3 & 4 bedroom A-rated houses available now from €315,000 for a 3 bedroom house, and from €355,000 for a 4 bedroom house."

Naturally terraced and semi-detached will have different prices, as they had in phase 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MaxPower131

For those of you that have received contracts can I ask if there are conditions attached such as not allowing garden sheds and washing lines in the garden? I know some of the new developments in Adamstown have this in the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

For those of you that have received contracts can I ask if there are conditions attached such as not allowing garden sheds and washing lines in the garden? I know some of the new developments in Adamstown have this in the contract.

It didn’t have anything like that in ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starfish5000

Yea no conditions like those ones

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ap1234

Hey was on to sarah jane the waredrobes in the master bedroom arent as they show in the brochure there on the wall directly opposite the bed from what she was saying the houses are pretty much done mainly landscaping and roads to sort out and shell be in contact in a week or so. Tomorrow there going to have nolan kitchens in the sales hut and an interior designer that will be doing the show houses

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lavly

Is this for all types? Do you know where they are putting the TV socket in the master bedroom?
    Ap1234 wrote: »
    Hey was on to sarah jane the waredrobes in the master bedroom arent as they show in the brochure there on the wall directly opposite the bed from what she was saying the houses are pretty much done mainly landscaping and roads to sort out and shell be in contact in a week or so. Tomorrow there going to have nolan kitchens in the sales hut and an interior designer that will be doing the show houses

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ap1234

For b type not sure for other types but i think its between the two windows but not 100% on that

Anyone going to the info suites this weekend?

• Advertisement

Anyone know what price C types are going for in phase 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DC2017

Anyone know what price C types are going for in phase 2?

There was no C type houses listed on the sheet that was there. The only real prices change I can see is the Mid Terrace houses (Type B) which are now €315k.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spx3

Went to the info site today, no new info other than the move in dates are all still on schedule. They have a sample kitchen plus some kind of VR station which i think is the 3D view that they have on parkside website. There's a new brochure and now all of the different house types have names.. so type A is the Elm, type B is the Willow, B1 is the Cedar and C is the Oak. Show houses defo won't be ready until Jan, weather permitting.
    Can't wait to get on site but still looks as though it'll be a few weeks yet!

spx3 wrote: »
    Went to the info site today, no new info other than the move in dates are all still on schedule. They have a sample kitchen plus some kind of VR station which i think is the 3D view that they have on parkside website. There's a new brochure and now all of the different house types have names.. so type A is the Elm, type B is the Willow, B1 is the Cedar and C is the Oak. Show houses defo won't be ready until Jan, weather permitting.
    Can't wait to get on site but still looks as though it'll be a few weeks yet!

Any idea what those move in dates are? Was there much interest out there today like houses being sold etc? What were prices like for other house types? I'm tempted to go up just out of interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spx3

corre10 wrote: »
    Any idea what those move in dates are? Was there much interest out there today like houses being sold etc? What were prices like for other house types? I'm tempted to go up just out of interest!

They said move in dates were as stated at the time of purchase give or take 2 weeks. There was a price sheet but I forgot to take it with me. As far as I can remember house B terrace was 315,000 and B end of terrace was 325,000. I don’t think there was c type on the list.

spx3 wrote: »
    They said move in dates were as stated at the time of purchase give or take 2 weeks. There was a price sheet but I forgot to take it with me. As far as I can remember house B terrace was 315,000 and B end of terrace was 325,000. I don’t think there was c type on the list.

Yeah they said October and that our street was the first planned to finish, but sure who knows, we've no control over it :D:D:D

Has anyone snagged yet? We are due to move into our C type in February, I am really hoping someone who moves into one in October will let us have a sneak peak at there house!

Has anyone snagged yet? We are due to move into our C type in February, I am really hoping someone who moves into one in October will let us have a sneak peak at there house!

Don't think anyone will be snagging till another two weeks or more. I was told that it could be the last week in October or start of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AndyZ

Don't think anyone will be snagging till another two weeks or more. I was told that it could be the last week in October or start of November.

I know people that are buying in Schackleton Place got a call today that their snagging is 25/10/17 for Type C house.

• Advertisement

AndyZ wrote: »

I know people that are buying in Schackleton Place got a call today that their snagging is 25/10/17 for Type C house.

Brilliant that’s great news! Let’s hope that we are all called soon.

Advertisement