Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

I personally don't think we will be snagging till the end of October. Still a good bit to be done on the houses but Cairn Homes did say they will be in touch the middle of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

dn2017 wrote: »
    I personally don't think we will be snagging till the end of October. Still a good bit to be done on the houses but Cairn Homes did say they will be in touch the middle of October.

We think so too, there still seemed to be a lot of landscaping and external work to do. Getting close though, which only makes me more impatient!

My OH spotted an ad on Facebook by Realli for an 'open day' on 13 October for Shackleton Park. Anyone think this means open house ? It looks like might be next phase launch as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

Did yous see they have changed the brochure for the second phase, the esb spots now say bin stores.

Does anyone know for definite with the B types whether the plans on the updated sdcc and a link someone had posted on fb which shows overall size of 114 sq m is right or is it what the brochure says 112 sq m?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Hi,

Just wondering where you seen the updated plan?

• Advertisement

Hi,

Just wondering where you seen the updated plan?

It’s just in the brochure when you go to shackletonpark website

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5900aaa1725e25fbabc6c901/t/59c4fd682aeba5101ca2d182/1506082189580/Shackleton_Park_web.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 29 8090xl

Hi guys,

Would somebody know what the height of the tiles are?

Just to know how many millimeters we have for the underlay+laminate?

Just wondering as it would be weird to have laminate boards that would end up being higher than the tiles..

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Skelp

Checki0610 wrote: »
    Did yous see they have changed the brochure for the second phase, the esb spots now say bin stores.

Does anyone know for definite with the B types whether the plans on the updated sdcc and a link someone had posted on fb which shows overall size of 114 sq m is right or is it what the brochure says 112 sq m?

Measurements for B type in the brochure are exactly the same as the original brochure. Don't think they have been updated.

Skelp wrote: »
    Measurements for B type in the brochure are exactly the same as the original brochure. Don't think they have been updated.

Ye I know but on the updated sdcc website the plans show the overall sq m 114 not 112 and it says they were updated and someone also posted this on Facebook a while ago too.

Skelp wrote: »

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/viewdocument.aspx?fileid=5854782

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

House type C not updated on any plans, still showing the breakfast bar in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

Anyone buying type A house in Shackleton and keen on getting to see the end product, have a look at new E1/E4 show house at Parkside. Its essentially the same house as Type A Shackleton, except a couple of minor differences.

Interior was probably by Optimise design again and looked great. House is lot bigger than previous 4 bed type A show house there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Adel12

audi5 wrote: »
    Anyone buying type A house in Shackleton and keen on getting to see the end product, have a look at new E1/E4 show house at Parkside. Its essentially the same house as Type A Shackleton, except a couple of minor differences.

Interior was probably by Optimise design again and looked great. House is lot bigger than previous 4 bed type A show house there.[/quotep]

Yeh I'm buying an A too. Dying to see interior too..did you go to the new parkside ones or are they available online to view?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MaxPower131

Interior was probably by Optimise design again and looked great. House is lot bigger than previous 4 bed type A show house there.

Did you know what other types of showhouses Parkside had today?

Yea I was there this afternoon, and don't think new show houses are available online.

There was this old 4 bed A-type (150 sqm), E1/E4 (165 sqm), and H4 (148 sqm) show houses. I didn't ask for three bed ones.

E1/E4 is like Type A in Shackleton. H4 seemed like Type C in Shackleton on ground and first floors but had three stories, two beds + study on first floor, and another two beds on second floor.

E1/E4 were available, priced at 395 for mid-terrace and 410/420 for end-terrace/semi. Not sure why there is 40-50K premium in Clongriffen for the exact same house, maybe due to dart line. They had no H4 available I think.

Must try get out to see it. What date are you due to have your type A ? We were told early November..will wait and see. Did the equivalent in Parkside have the extra storage room in the sitting room? Keen to see how that is going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starfish5000

Was up at the site tday and they have started to build the bin depot on Shackleton way between 6 and 7 - it won't let me attach the pics but it doesn't look too big which is good

Was up at the site tday and they have started to build the bin depot on Shackleton way between 6 and 7 - it won't let me attach the pics but it doesn't look too big which is good

Here are the pics

Here are the pics

First pic is off 8-13 Shackleton way
    And second pic is of the bin storage between 6 and 7 Shackleton way

Adel12 wrote: »

Interior was probably by Optimise design again and looked great. House is lot bigger than previous 4 bed type A show house there.[/quotep]

Yeh I'm buying an A too. Dying to see interior too..did you go to the new parkside ones or are they available online to view?

We were out there ourselves yesterday! we were very impressed with the newer A type (E1/E4 in Parkside). The biggest surprise was the change to the size of the two top floor bedrooms just by altering the ridge height the space gained is brilliant. We could tell the slightly smaller kitchen size compared to the original design but didn't feel too small, considering there as about twelve people in the room at the time. I was interested to see the smaller sized windows made a difference and thankfully didn't feel like it made too much difference.

Overall very happy with the A type, anyone have any updates on completion dates?

• Advertisement

Must try get out to see it. What date are you due to have your type A ? We were told early November..will wait and see. Did the equivalent in Parkside have the extra storage room in the sitting room? Keen to see how that is going to work.

Parkside didn't have the little storage room off the living room, we were looking for it as well! Mind if I ask where your A type is in Shackleton?

No extra door in the living room in Parkside E1/E4. However space underneath the stairs is still accessible through the utility room, so I have no idea why they decided to put the door in living room. I suspect it wont be a full height door either.. Hopefully it wont look strange..

corre10 wrote: »

We were out there ourselves yesterday! we were very impressed with the newer A type (E1/E4 in Parkside). The biggest surprise was the change to the size of the two top floor bedrooms just by altering the ridge height the space gained is brilliant. We could tell the slightly smaller kitchen size compared to the original design but didn't feel too small, considering there as about twelve people in the room at the time. I was interested to see the smaller sized windows made a difference and thankfully didn't feel like it made too much difference.

Overall very happy with the A type, anyone have any updates on completion dates?

Yes it works lot better than Parkside A type I think, with additional space on first and second floors. Bedrooms are bigger, and second floor store/loft room can be used as a bedroom or entertainment room as its lot bigger than Parkside A type. Probably be bit smaller in Shackleton due to bigger HP area which is across the whole length of the wall.

Also change in second floor window/ridge made master room bigger and nicer. Bit disappointed with the fact that they decided to reduce the window height in Shackleton on first floor front bedroom though.

Parkside didn't have the little storage room off the living room, we were looking for it as well! Mind if I ask where your A type is in Shackleton?

We're Shackleton Walk. You? Thanks for update about Parkside. Great to hear the upstairs is roomier. Is kitchen smaller because no extension jutting out? I didn't really pay much heed to that originally but am sure it'll be grand!

No extra door in the living room in Parkside E1/E4. However space underneath the stairs is still accessible through the utility room, so I have no idea why they decided to put the door in living room. I suspect it wont be a full height door either.. Hopefully it wont look strange..

Yes hoping it works too! Not too bothered just eager to actually see it in place. Wonder is there a small bit of space beyond utility that can only be accessed via living room. Can't see the logic otherwise. We were thinking of getting the wall to wall shelves like in the show house Parkside which can't really happen if that door is regular size.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spx3

has anyone head more about the open day that Realli posted about on facebook? Dying to get access to the site!!

We're Shackleton Walk. You? Thanks for update about Parkside. Great to hear the upstairs is roomier. Is kitchen smaller because no extension jutting out? I didn't really pay much heed to that originally but am sure it'll be grand!

We're on Shackleton Place. We realised the difference in size when making a few changes in the kitchen. It's short a 400mm unit I think, at least. I'm not sure how the overall size of the house is the same if it's lost some size in the kitchen I can't make sense of it really!

spx3 wrote: »
    has anyone head more about the open day that Realli posted about on facebook? Dying to get access to the site!!

Do you think it means the site will be open ? Would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spx3

Do you think it means the site will be open ? Would be great!

I've no idea and it's not on the official Shackleton Park facebook site so wondering if it was a mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

spx3 wrote: »

I was chatting to Winston on Friday and I asked was it a show house going to be showed on the day but he said no it's going to be a marketing suite AGAIN!

Advertisement