Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread VIII - ** MOD NOTE POST #4781 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Quotes, but I reckon Joe could have an actual affair with Zebo and they still wouldn't even consider replacing him.

is the above a Freudian slip, doth protest too much me thinks.
    Is this your first interaction with Venjur or what

is the above a Freudian slip, doth protest too much me thinks.

Maybe, maybe my favourite post ever on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭1eg0a3xv7b82of

Is this your first interaction with Venjur or what

what you mean by that?

what you mean by that?

Give us a roide love

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Hook had a go at Schmidt for picking "second-rate foreign players" (Payne) and Schmidt called him out on it. Not sure it was glorious tbh.

(also, for those who thought only Aki got stick, see above)

I could have sworn that was METT Willams, but there's enough hot air in the world for it to have been both of them I suppose.

• Advertisement

george hook and mattie williams are very good rugby men. they have achieved more in rugby then anyone on here.
    lets show some respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

george hook and mattie williams are very good rugby men. they have achieved more in rugby then anyone on here.
    lets show some respect.
    There's still a group of Scottish fans who will forever hate Williams for dumping Chris Patterson from 10 in favour of 2nd rate Dan Parks. Williams got so much wrong with Scotland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

MJohnston wrote: »
    I could have sworn that was METT Willams, but there's enough hot air in the world for it to have been both of them I suppose.

Matt Williams expressed concern that Payne wasn't offering enough in attack during the RWC. It was nothing to do with his nationality.

Hook was just on a rant. He made that "second rate" comment a week before we won the 6N btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

lets show some respect.

Likes George Hook. Sums it up really. Nevermind on here but nobody in professional rugby take that man seriously and i know that for a fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭tooManyChoices

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Likes George Hook. Sums it up really. Nevermind on here but nobody in professional rugby take that man seriously and i know that for a fact.

and just think, he knows more about rugby than he does anything else...

• Advertisement

lets show some respect.

Hook will get no respect from me, he's burned any reputation he might once have had with his non-rugby comments, and even within rugby he retired from "analysis" about 15 years too late.

george hook was the inspiration for eddie o sullivan and the majority of the early pros. we owe the slam to hook.
    FACT.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

george hook was the inspiration for eddie o sullivan and the majority of the early pros. we owe the slam to hook.
    FACT.

Yeah putting "FACT" after a sentence doesn't make it true.

mfceiling wrote: »

you should have put FACT at the end of the above if you wanted what you posted to be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Yes it does.

FACT

you should have put FACT at the end of the above if you wanted what you posted to be true.

Do you say it at the end of every sentence as well?

"I'm just heading out to the shop to get milk"..."FACT"

MJohnston wrote: »
    Hook will get no respect from me, he's burned any reputation he might once have had with his non-rugby comments, and even within rugby he retired from "analysis" about 15 years too late.

watching the rugby this autumn on rte was so nice without the chainsaw in situ.
    even brent has upped his game, the serious question is did hook ever have anything worth listening to say, i am not so sure.

Do you say it at the end of every sentence as well?

"I'm just heading out to the shop to get milk"..."FACT"

sometimes i use deal with it or boom.

the serious question is did hook ever have anything worth listening to say, i am not so sure.

"george hook and mattie williams are very good rugby men. they have achieved more in rugby then anyone on here"

FACT.

I'm sure he's still an inspiration for many. The same way as Homer Simpson is an inspiration for parenting.

• Advertisement

"george hook and mattie williams are very good rugby men. they have achieved more in rugby then anyone on here"

correct, the corkonians treat hook like a god and mattie williams is credited with laying the foundations in leinster .
    sexton is on record as saying such

• Registered Users Posts: 7,963 ✭✭✭connachta

Henwin wrote: »
    whats the story with Andrew Trimble, was he injured for the autumn internationals or just out of form. i hope he is involed in the 6 nations.

He is 33 and not in great form. He will be 35 during rwc 2019 and backs generally decline earlier than forwards. He is in the last year of his contract and unless his form picks up it may not be renewed.

Same position as Tommy Bowe really.
    So, that's not applying to R.Kearney? Because he's 1 year younger, of course...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

connachta wrote: »

Because he is in better form and still the best option at his position and because at least experienced player was needed for the team in the backs.

Which you well know. Perhaps the 1 year age difference makes a difference but it's more the performances.

Because he is in better form and still the best option at his position and because at least experienced player was needed for the team in the backs.

Which you well know. Perhaps the 1 year age difference makes a difference but it's more the performances.
    Wait and see in a year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Wait and see in a year. :)
    That dead horse not dead yet? :D

It will, in a year.

It will, in a year.
    I like the way you feel competent to declare the end of a player's career. In advance.

Bit sad really.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    It will, in a year.
    I like the way you feel competent to declare the end of a player's career. In advance.

Bit sad really.
    Not his careeer. The end of the stubcorn scornful stance toward other FB like "the best option at his position"

He seems to be this Automn. Nobody can be that sure he'll be next Autumn.
    Maybe. But the problem is how certain some are he'll be 1st choice in 2018, or worse in 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Not his careeer. The end of the stubcorn scornful stance toward other FB like "the best option at his position"

Maybe. But the problem is how certain some are he'll be 1st choice in 2018, or worse in 2019

The only stubborn scornful stance around here is the one you’ve pushed around here and contributed to this thread becoming unbearable the last 4 weeks

• Advertisement

Your logic is flawed. It seems to suggest that Kearney's selection is wrong, despite your mealy-mouthed admission that it was right this Autumn. And from that shaky foundation you go on to predict that it will be wrong in a year's time when you can't even tell that this will happen.

Joe Schmidt's selection of Kearney this Autumn was vindicated in his performance. He also selected Conway, who also vindicated his selection. Despite your insistence beforehand that Kearney was not up to it, he proved you wrong. But you continue to push this opinion as the correct one.

That's called flogging a dead horse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement