Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Hi Ewan.

On the sporting theme, the following people make me white hot with irritation.

Lewis Hamilton, McGregor, Martin O'Neill, Liam Toland, Ronan O'Gara, the entire 2003 RWC winning England team, Jon Inverdale, Denise Lewis, Marty Morrissey, Paul Galvin, Joe Brolly, Evanne Ni Chuilin, Paul Kimmage, Ian Wright, Fiona Steed, Jeff Stelling, Jerry Kiernan...

Oh and unrelated, Joanna Donnelly off the telly weather. That wan would take herself to dinner before the w@nk.

It might be good for you to take a break from the aul telly. It's causing you a lot of stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Eva Orsmond . Honestly she winds me up no end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Jermaine Jenas. If he says "personally" one more time, I will explode.

Alan Shearer, Ian Wright, Danny Murphy, Gary Lineker: a bunch of bland, inarticulate twats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Jermaine Jenas. If he says "personally" one more time, I will explode.
    I tried looking for a gif of him saying that just to be a messer but all I could find was him getting sprayed by a sprinkler while doing punditry. It wasn't what I set out to achieve but it still made me laugh so I'm ok with it. :)

1501231703-ezgifcom-optimize-1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Blockbusters, Countdown, Pointless...they all blend together for me.

All the same level of boring. Pointless you generally switch on when there is sweet F.A. on the tv and you just need some background noise.
    Countdown, Blockbusters... I haven't watched the former, and barely watched the latter. At least, none that Dara's hosted. A few other iterations I have seen.

Pointless is one of the best shows on TV, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

keano_afc wrote: »

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

keano_afc wrote: »

If Alexander was here, I'm sure he'd bellow "THANKS INDEED KEANO_AFC!!!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Autecher wrote: »
    I tried looking for a gif of him saying that just to be a messer but all I could find was him getting sprayed by a sprinkler while doing punditry. It wasn't what I set out to achieve but it still made me laugh so I'm ok with it. :)

He doesn't look like he's aged a day since he was 19.

Man must have very good breeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Autecher wrote: »

He's irritating, and the male version of Alex Scott, says nothing of substance, regurgitates the what someone else says and says stuff without actually saying something....but theyre liked as they are media friendly, look good and don't sound like a stereotypical sports jock/moron

Alex Scott irritates me as shes virtually on every bbc/sky match, people vastly overrate her (she's average but she's getting a pass as she's a woman and the others on sky are also poor) and like Jenas, repeats what someone else says and is pleasing for the tv higher ups

Jamie "literally" Redknapp is just groan inducing and you can see the other pundits think he's a moron and im guessing he's only there for the female demographic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Whoever wrote this crap annoys me...

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0514/1049484-derry-girls-star-coughlan-claps-back-at-dress-criticism/

Actually, everyone in it annoys me-just stop. Someone says an outfit doesn't look good, move on with your life. We've all had bad outfits, we don't raise a stink and say 'No babez, you look fab... #Goddess'.
    She keeps blathering on about 'comments' on her appearance.

Maybe she'd take the hint...cos she's the only one out of the cast getting those comments. Might be time to hire a better stylist.

It's not as if she's unattractive, but she can't take any sort of critique.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Tom Hanks. Immediately switch over when I see his face on TV . No idea why.

I was like that for years, wouldnt watch a film with him in it , wonderful actor. Made watch Road To Perdition, now I really like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

He's irritating, and the male version of Alex Scott, says nothing of substance, regurgitates the what someone else says and says stuff without actually saying something....but theyre liked as they are media friendly, look good and don't sound like a stereotypical sports jock/moron

Alex Scott irritates me as shes virtually on every bbc/sky match, people vastly overrate her (she's average but she's getting a pass as she's a woman and the others on sky are also poor) and like Jenas, repeats what someone else says and is pleasing for the tv higher ups

Jamie "literally" Redknapp is just groan inducing and you can see the other pundits think he's a moron and im guessing he's only there for the female demographic

Agreed on all 3.

Scott in particular has clearly rehearsed and learned her lines every now and then the game will turn in the second half for example and you can she she's stumped and her analysis becomes incoherent nonsense.

I'll add Susanna Reid to this.
    Gets a pass from most as she has to "put up with Piers Morgan". Its nonsense, she facilitates his behaviour, eye rolls and tuts are not good counter points. She knows arguments with guests will go viral so she's happy to ride the wave of association. I think if she had to give an informed opinion of her own her head would explode.
    Check out the Piers vs young Scottish MP "debate" about Churchill. She comes out such waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

He doesn't look like he's aged a day since he was 19.

Man must have very good breeding.

Well, I don’t know about that man he looks like a toddlers head on the body of a Goliath! Disproportionate. He probably suffers from sleep apnea too

Armie Hammer.

To be fair he is great at whitening teeth

Brendan Courtney.

The way he used his dying dad to "relaunch" his career was sickening

Shemale wrote: »

Oh everything about Brendan is sickening. You can find a clip from his old show, Wanderlust, and it's just so freaking creepy-the way he pervs on the guys (walks in one one while he's literally in the shower and remarks 'it's true about black guys' to name a few).

IF he's not marketing himself as Mr Gay Sleaze (which he was when he was at RTE, or Sky tv) he's trying to market himself as a style guru, or someone who 'cares'.

So many nobodies used their dying parents for their careers, didn't they? Des Bishop did that too-with 'My dad was nearly JAmes Bond'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Wanderlust was a tacky and classless show.

Ipso wrote: »
    Wanderlust was a tacky and classless show.

Yep, and he created it... so tells you all about him, really.

• Advertisement

Same-and Ronan Keating edited the song to be 'politically correct' and committed one of the worst crimes against music this world has ever seen.

Ronan Keating singing is also one of the worst crimes against music this world has ever seen.

I don't really like Peter Kay

So you like him a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Ricky gervais, Jimmy kimmel and Robert de Niro.
    3 absolute wänkbags!

decky1 wrote: »
    Keith Lemon. what a 'Clint'

You know he is not real right?

Its like saying I hate Miley

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Donal Skehan. I am sure he is fine in real life. He is just everywhere. I know for a fact that he wouldn't eat half the ****e he puts in his stupid cookery programs.

Donal-Profile-Image-Xmas-2-copy-639x958.jpg

I have fantasised about picking him up by the ears and swinging him like a cat across the street.

I hate the little weasel. sorry.

Re:Ringo Star
    Autosport wrote: »
    I can’t stand him

His best work was Thomas And Friends

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Donal Skehan. I am sure he is fine in real life. He is just everywhere. I know for a fact that he wouldn't eat half the ****e he puts in his stupid cookery programs.

Donal-Profile-Image-Xmas-2-copy-639x958.jpg

I have fantasised about picking him up by the ears and swinging him like a cat across the street.

I hate the little weasel. sorry.

You'll love this so (if you haven't seen it already) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Shemale wrote: »

Agree. Awful man awful presenter.

Agree. Awful man awful presenter.

He was RTE's first flamin', out of the closet, token gay guy.
    (Vincent Hanley was open to his friends, not to his audience. Even Bill Whelan was in the closet for a long, long time. And there was the Bosco presenter who was a known drag act, but again, not out to the audience).

Brendan...there was nooooo way you were gonna question if that dude was gay. So he got a lot of leeway, because there was a lot of 'ooh, matron' with him...but really it was leering, creepyness.
    The likes of which others wouldn't get away with. Brian Dowling was similar, frankly. Lots of groping, lots of borderline Al Porter behaviour.

But camp personality... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Whoever wrote this crap annoys me...

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0514/1049484-derry-girls-star-coughlan-claps-back-at-dress-criticism/

Actually, everyone in it annoys me-just stop. Someone says an outfit doesn't look good, move on with your life. We've all had bad outfits, we don't raise a stink and say 'No babez, you look fab... #Goddess'.
    She keeps blathering on about 'comments' on her appearance.

Maybe she'd take the hint...cos she's the only one out of the cast getting those comments. Might be time to hire a better stylist.

It's not as if she's unattractive, but she can't take any sort of critique.

"And you get a medal and you get a medal and you get a medal and you get a medal"

That's what I heard in my head when I read that article. I don't like the dress but I can say that and it not mean I am degrading women.

Advertisement