Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Amanda (my best friend is Bono) Brunker

"Bono's friend Gavin Friday" as he is called in the papers

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Shemale wrote: »
    "Bono's friend Gavin Friday" as he is called in the papers

Don't forget Guggi.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Dr Eva Orsmond.
    Just send her to anywhere on a one way ticket please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

David McWilliams and Paul Howard were confirmed for a local charity gig to give a talk at a fundraiser for the local youth football team a couple of years ago. Both of them were hilarious and we had a merry time. However, I found out from one of the event organizers that McWilliams insisted on being paid. While I can respect the hustle, his son was in the club for whom he was supposed to be raising money. It’s for your kid, surely let this gig be a freebie, you know? Why cannibalize your kid’s club like that?

I can’t remember all the nitty gritty details as it was a couple of years ago (there was some other follow-up titbit about McWilliams on a team trip to England and looking for money or special treatment for some reason).

In other news, Paul Howard is a freakin’ legend. Absolutely sound out <3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Anyone who has ever appeared on Nine out of 10 Cats does Countdown, apart from Rachel and Susie (I was on Countdown; they are both lovely, especially Susie) and David O'Doherty (the only genuinely funny person who has ever been on that ****ty show). How Jon Richardson or Sean Lock are considered comedians is beyond me. And don't get me started on Roisin Conaty, or that Katherine Ryan :mad:

I think that show is beaten to death now, I like Lock /Richardson and Susan/Rachel, but the rest are just irritating...I groan and want to throw whatevers near when I see Joe Wilkinson, the man child act Is so tired...Im getting tired of Jimmy Carr who I like and the repititon of poor comedians like Milican/Katherine Ryan/Johnny Vegas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,267 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Anyone with a cracked screen on a mobile phone/Eyephone, either get it fixed or give up and go back to a 3210.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I couldn't agree more with this. All of the Chasers piss me off a small bit, but he's the worst.

On the other hand, doesn't Bradley Walsh (the host) seem like the nicest guy on TV? I get the feeling everyone would like to have a pint with him.

Someone I irrationally dislike: David McWilliams.

I share some of his opinions, just can't stand him. No good reason.

I'd generally drink a pint with anyone...............but I can't stand Bradley Walsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Any one who presents off the ball is a plank who knows nothing about sport

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield...

Turning up for work hungover and an on the point of vomiting is just completely unprofessional. Most of us would be quickly shown the door if we pulled that sh**, or at the least suspended without pay.

And Holly has turned up for work hungover more than once, as recently as a few days back, and yet we're supposed to laugh off that she's kind of a 'lush'?
    And no doubt both of em turned up for work hungover again today-cos awards night last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I'd generally drink a pint with anyone...............but I can't stand Bradley Walsh.

Corrrrrrrrrrrrrrect. He is quite irritating alright.

For me, its Michael o Murracantspellhisname. That voice, my God. I cant stand him. And there'll be a day of mourning whenever he dies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Turning up for work hungover and an on the point of vomiting is just completely unprofessional. Most of us would be quickly shown the door if we pulled that sh**, or at the least suspended without pay.

And Holly has turned up for work hungover more than once, as recently as a few days back, and yet we're supposed to laugh off that she's kind of a 'lush'?
    And no doubt both of em turned up for work hungover again today-cos awards night last night...

She annoys me greatly.

However, I'd probably still ride her.

As for Holly................

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I think that show is beaten to death now, I like Lock /Richardson and Susan/Rachel, but the rest are just irritating...I groan and want to throw whatevers near when I see Joe Wilkinson, the man child act Is so tired...Im getting tired of Jimmy Carr who I like and the repititon of poor comedians like Milican/Katherine Ryan/Johnny Vegas

It's becoming impossible to avoid Katherine Ryan and Jimmy Carr its beyond a joke.

I saw an advert for some new panel show / quiz show coming out and wondered if Jimmy would show, 5 seconds later there he is.

razorblunt wrote: »
    It's becoming impossible to avoid Katherine Ryan and Jimmy Carr its beyond a joke.

I saw an advert for some new panel show / quiz show coming out and wondered if Jimmy would show, 5 seconds later there he is.

Both of em sold out, tbh.

Went from being dark comediennes in order to be more 'family friendly'. (Not totally, but enough to sell).

It's sorta like Dara O'Briain too... He should have stopped doing Mock the Week years ago. Instead, he's beating that dead horse until it's nothing but a pile of mush.
    He's on Countdown now and it's just an embarassing 'reinvention'. That they already did the 'celebrity' version on the first series tells me it's dead in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Went from being dark comediennes in order to be more 'family friendly'. (Not totally, but enough to sell).

It's sorta like Dara O'Briain too... He should have stopped doing Mock the Week years ago. Instead, he's beating that dead horse until it's nothing but a pile of mush.
    He's on Countdown now and it's just an embarassing 'reinvention'. That they already did the 'celebrity' version on the first series tells me it's dead in the water.

Did you mean Blockbusters?

I wonder has Jimmy paid his tax bill yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Daithí o' Sé

Philip Schofield

• Registered Users Posts: 40,168 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Jimmys live stuff hasn't really changed. The TV show stuff is just easy money to him and he would be a fool not to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

They've done it 3 or 4 times now. Even if they're "playing it up" for the cameras, it's just really dull to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Miriam "I'm a millionaire with 8 kids but I'm just like you" O'Callaghan

Ryan Tubridy

Keith Andrews

Melissa McCarthy

Rebel Wilson

razorblunt wrote: »
    Did you mean Blockbusters?

I wonder has Jimmy paid his tax bill yet?

Blockbusters, Countdown, Pointless...they all blend together for me.

All the same level of boring. Pointless you generally switch on when there is sweet F.A. on the tv and you just need some background noise.
    Countdown, Blockbusters... I haven't watched the former, and barely watched the latter. At least, none that Dara's hosted. A few other iterations I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Blockbusters, Countdown, Pointless...they all blend together for me.

All the same level of boring. Pointless you generally switch on when there is sweet F.A. on the tv and you just need some background noise.
    Countdown, Blockbusters... I haven't watched the former, and barely watched the latter. At least, none that Dara's hosted. A few other iterations I have seen.

I switch on Pointless every evening and enjoy it .

• Advertisement

Jimmys live stuff hasn't really changed. The TV show stuff is just easy money to him and he would be a fool not to take it.

Even his live stuff has gotten dull. That's what happens when you take the easy money. You dull your edge.
    Happens so often, it's downright tragic when you see and feel it in real time.
    They've done it 3 or 4 times now. Even if they're "playing it up" for the cameras, it's just really dull to watch.

Dull and unprofessional. Notice how they always blame someone else for it too? Unless someone is holding your mouth open and forcing alcohol inside it...you've only yourself to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I'm sure I've already posted this a few times in this thread, but seeing his name crop up in a few posts recently has just reminded me of how much I would like to kill Phillip Schofield.

Don't know Holly Willoughby, but if she happens to get in the way of any stray bullets while I'm blasting away at Schofield, it's her own fault for sharing a studio with him.

Disclaimer: I would not genuinely murder him, I just want his toothy face off my TV screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Ok.

Should people not be at work when they are on TV or is that too narrow a view.

Ok.

Some of us work the night shift, some of us work the day shift and some of us alternate.

And then there's the days you have off and you have no options or energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Whaaa.....???!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

And then there's the days you have off and you have no options or energy.

Good God man. Is there no end to the evil in this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ok.

Yea too narrow . Some people are retired , some work shifts , some are looking after kids or elderly .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Joanna Donnelly, weather forecaster person on RTÉ
    I wanna hurl the remote control at the telly, but it's not my telly and it's not my house, so I'll just smile and control my anger.
    Dr Eva Orsmond.
    Just send her to anywhere on a one way ticket please.

Now they wanna watch this one.:mad:
    I'm going home.

Good God man. Is there no end to the evil in this world.

I know right? I'm starting a gofundme right now so I can buy ITV, and fire the two of em...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Hi Ewan.

On the sporting theme, the following people make me white hot with irritation.

Lewis Hamilton, McGregor, Martin O'Neill, Liam Toland, Ronan O'Gara, the entire 2003 RWC winning England team, Jon Inverdale, Denise Lewis, Marty Morrissey, Paul Galvin, Joe Brolly, Evanne Ni Chuilin, Paul Kimmage, Ian Wright, Fiona Steed, Jeff Stelling, Jerry Kiernan...

Oh and unrelated, Joanna Donnelly off the telly weather. That wan would take herself to dinner before the w@nk.

Advertisement