Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    The entire panel on Sky News' The Pledge

Outraged by everything

It's like 'Afternoon Yak' off The Simpsons

I would happily watch news channels all day, but as soon as this comes on I cant change channels fast enough.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Probably not inexplicable but this turd-nugget in Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree. Horrible toad looking freak punching way above his weight and he thinks he's hilarious going by the vid. He's an insufferable fcukmuppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Everything about that video makes me want to pull my eyeballs out, rinse them with bleach, put them back in and then jump off a cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

anna080 wrote: »
    Everything about that video makes me want to pull my eyeballs out, rinse them with bleach, put them back in and then jump off a cliff.
    Especially the cringey Rolf Harris reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Those "happy pair" of hummus eating gobshltes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Omackeral wrote: »
    Probably not inexplicable but this turd-nugget in Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree. Horrible toad looking freak punching way above his weight and he thinks he's hilarious going by the vid. He's an insufferable fcukmuppet.

Well, Mel Smith is dead, so a tad unfair.
    that was even painful for me to read that many words about him.

True Detective, was on a massive high after McConaghey. found out that thing was coming in for the next one and that was that out the window..
    Especially the cringey R..olf Harris reference.

Oh God, True Detective s2....just wow. How I tried to give it a chance. But when Farrell has a moustache, you know you're gonna have a worse time. It was seriously pants...
    Vince Vaughan tried at least,Rachel McAdams had no material to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Francis Brennan the hotel fixer. Saw him on the telly around 1.30 today taking a crowd on tour around Viet nam. They must have been paid to go with him. No way could I stick his nattering. He was just on again now in a repeat of At Your Service. Quick find the remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,131 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

GMSA wrote: »
    Francis Brennan the hotel fixer. Saw him on the telly around 1.30 today taking a crowd on tour around Viet nam. They must have been paid to go with him. No way could I stick his nattering. He was just on again now in a repeat of At Your Service. Quick find the remote.

Have to agree, he's a lad aching for a heavy industrial steel-toe delivered into the small of the back with considerable force followed with "Now **** off" or a similar suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Sac O Spuds

GMSA wrote: »

I know someone who went to stay in their hotel in Kerry. There was clerical cock up regarding the guests being billed for use of facilities when it was quite clear that it was included in the price. After some debate Francis contacted the guests at home after their stay. His manner on the phone was something to behold. Rude insulting and adamant that the staff were right in their charging for extras. Nothing like his tv persona.

Well, Mel Smith is dead, so a tad unfair.

Charles Manson and Myra Hindley are dead too (trying so hard not to Godwin). People shouldn't dislike them either?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Sean Moncrieff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Captain Hindsight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

OMG yes!!! That Afua one ????

Hates everyone. Except da wimmins.

Had to look her up. Afua Hirsch to give her full name. The following from her Wiki page:

In August 2017, Hirsch called for Nelson's Column to be destroyed, claiming it is a symbol of white supremacism.[9] Her comments caused substantial controversy.[10] The former director of the Victorian and Albert Museum, Sir Roy Strong, later called the comments "ridiculous", saying: "Well, listen, dear, that was about 1800. Once you start rewriting history on that scale, there won't be a statue or a historic house standing....The past is the past. You can't rewrite history."[11]

Good man Roy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Sean Moncrieff.

He is actually very good.

Natural, has an opinion of his own and escapes the blandness of RTE's offering at that time of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Ed Sheeran. He looks like a 4:3 picture stretched to fit 16:9

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Mairead Farrel. She looks like she has a permanently lingering smell of farts in her snout.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

jetsonx wrote:
    He is actually very good.

Natural, has an opinion of his own and escapes the blandness of RTE's offering at that time of day.

He finished up a serious interview yesterday with the lines, "coming next, the story of a pigeon who won a medal during WW2".

He can handle both types of interviews very very well. I like him.

Charles Manson and Myra Hindley are dead too (trying so hard not to Godwin). People shouldn't dislike them either?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

How do you compare remorseless killers to a rather funny and nice guy Mel Smith?

Like...the mental gymnastics needed to get from A to flibbleflabble I don't understand. :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No sinners in the graveyard, only saints. Tis the Irish way.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

imelda may - brush your feckin hair!

• Advertisement

Every person in the new Fallon and Byrne in Rathmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭50HX

conor faughnan.....AAAAAAHHHH Roadwatch

imelda may - brush your feckin hair!

I can't be the only one who thinks she got sexy all of a sudden?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,144 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Might go against the grain here, but Katie Taylor.

I love to see Irish sportspeople do well, and I am delighted Katie won tonight, but Jez, everytime she comes on the radio or TV I can't get turned over quick enough.

That voice! Monotone and so dull.

Gonna have to add this to the list-but people who go mental at Fairytale of New York because of the word '******'. They almost demand people sing the Ronan Keating version, to avoid using the word.

It's not used in the context of a homophobic slur-not aimed at a gay person. And whether one likes it or not, that kind of language is used everyday, on the streets.
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Might go against the grain here, but Katie Taylor.

I love to see Irish sportspeople do well, and I am delighted Katie won tonight, but Jez, everytime she comes on the radio or TV I can't get turned over quick enough.

That voice! Monotone and so dull.

A rather attractive young woman-but yeah, her voice. It's her only weakness, tbh. I don't dislike her, but I can understand others not liking her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Gonna have to add this to the list-but people who go mental at Fairytale of New York because of the word '******'. They almost demand people sing the Ronan Keating version, to avoid using the word.

It's not used in the context of a homophobic slur-not aimed at a gay person. And whether one likes it or not, that kind of language is used everyday, on the streets.

I do wonder if that's one of the things (along with Kirsty MacColl's tragic death) that contributes to the song being so much more popular now than it was 30 years ago - it provides an opportunity for edgelords everywhere to scream a taboo word at the top of their lungs without being called out on it.

It wasn't written or performed with homophobic intent, but is it really up to me, a straight person, to say that it's totally acceptable to play a word commonly used by gay-bashers and homophobic bullies on the radio several times a day, just because it doesn't personally offend me?

I wouldn't shed any tears if it was bleeped out or replaced with some other word (blaggard would fit in quite well), just as I don't throw a tantrum when I hear the radio edit of 'Creep' or 'Don't marry her, have me'. It wouldn't be a huge sacrifice to make to avoid upsetting people who have that word hurled at them by those who hate them just for existing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,144 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

RayM wrote: »
    I do wonder if that's one of the things (along with Kirsty MacColl's tragic death) that contributes to the song being so much more popular now than it was 30 years ago - it provides an opportunity for edgelords everywhere to scream a taboo word at the top of their lungs without being called out on it.

It wasn't written or performed with homophobic intent, but is it really up to me, a straight person, to say that it's totally acceptable to play a word commonly used by gay-bashers and homophobic bullies on the radio several times a day, just because it doesn't personally offend me?

I wouldn't shed any tears if it was bleeped out or replaced with some other word (blaggard would fit in quite well), just as I don't throw a tantrum when I hear the radio edit of 'Creep' or 'Don't marry her, have me'. It wouldn't be a huge sacrifice to make to avoid upsetting people who have that word hurled at them by those who hate them just for existing.

sorry, disagree with your pov.

The song should be left as is.

It wasn't intended to offend. If a listener takes offence at it, then thats their problem. We can't just go around sanitizing everything that some people don't like.

NIMAN wrote: »
    sorry, disagree with your pov.

The song should be left as is.

It wasn't intended to offend. If a listener takes offence at it, then thats their problem. We can't just go around sanitizing everything that some people don't like.

Same-and Ronan Keating edited the song to be 'politically correct' and committed one of the worst crimes against music this world has ever seen.

It's sort of the same thing that happens with 'Summer Loving' from Grease, the amount of people who say 'Tell me more, Tell me more, did she put up a fight' is about date rape rather than a girl playing hard to get irritates the hell out of me. As does those who want to ban 'Baby it's cold outside' for similar reasons.
    It's just ridiculous.

Oh God, True Detective s2....just wow. How I tried to give it a chance. But when Farrell has a moustache, you know you're gonna have a worse time. It was seriously pants...
    Vince Vaughan tried at least,Rachel McAdams had no material to work with.

I thought TD1 was just about the best thing I had seen in years, I love dark, American gothic fare even if the end wasn't the best ever. The acting was superb.

Watched one episode of TD2, awful dirge.

• Advertisement

I thought TD1 was just about the best thing I had seen in years, I love dark, American gothic fare even if the end wasn't the best ever. The acting was superb.

Watched one episode of TD2, awful dirge.

I hold out hope that season 3 will be better.

I felt even sadder for Taylor Kitsch-poor guy could not put a foot right in that time, everything he did, from John Carter to Battleship was a travesty.

Advertisement