Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Candie wrote: »
    Each and every one of the so-called 'Impractical Jokers'. They're not funny, they're not clever, they're not convincingly laughing, and they're probably not even friends. As soon as I see their fake jolly faces, I grab the remote.

Thank you Candie!

For weeks I've been meaning to post about this bunch of tossers.

I've been binge watching the American Office over the past few weeks and every single ad break has clips of these F*ckwits. No matter how I try to fast forward I always seem to come up short and watch a second or two of the trailer. They are just awful.

Their bloated faces with those stupid grins and the way they seem so eager to prance about semi naked showing us their flabby, disgusting bodies, makes me want to vomit. Their so-called pranks are generally unfunny and laboured and make me cringe with embarrassment.

I have seen a few full episodes a couple of years ago, when they were slightly funny, but my God they have plumbed the depths since then.

I hate them. I hate them so much.

Oh Candie, you've put me into a towering rage now, which will probably affect me for the day :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Stephen merchant and ricky gervais

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Your Face wrote: »
    I didn't mention her accent.

You must be thinking of one of your other arguments.

Stage Irish generally refers to accent.

C C C C Ciara “I’m a doctor” “me me me “ “I I I “ K K K K Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Thank you Candie!

I've been binge watching the American Office over the past few weeks and every single ad break has clips of these F*ckwits. No matter how I try to fast forward I always seem to come up short and watch a second or two of the trailer. They are just awful.

Their bloated faces with those stupid grins and the way they seem so eager to prance about semi naked showing us their flabby, disgusting bodies, makes me want to vomit. Their so-called pranks are generally unfunny and laboured and make me cringe with embarrassment.

I have seen a few full episodes a couple of years ago, when they were slightly funny, but my God they have plumbed the depths since then.

Oh Candie, you've put me into a towering rage now, which will probably affect me for the day :mad:
    How is this dated sh1te even marketable in 2019? It's so 1990s.

If people like this sort of thing there's hundreds of superior hidden camera prank channels on youtube providing daily content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

If people like this sort of thing there's hundreds of superior hidden camera prank channels on youtube providing daily content.

It's popular scutter for the masses.

Like a lot of people choosing sh1te music by just listening to Spin 1038 when there is far superior music out there.

Rage is what I feel when I hear the forced chuckles! Glad I'm not the only one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Stage Irish generally refers to accent.

You're wrong to assume that is all it refers to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

And those 'pranks' are just as staged as the Impractical Jokers ones.

They tried a UK version of that-just as crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Rebel Wilson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Snooker player Ronnie O Sullivan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Candie wrote: »
    Each and every one of the so-called 'Impractical Jokers'. They're not funny, they're not clever, they're not convincingly laughing, and they're probably not even friends. As soon as I see their fake jolly faces, I grab the remote.

THANK YOU. I can’t even bear ads for that show. It’s beyond me how people watch it.

The fake-laughing is the worst part. I’ve never really liked any show in the ‘practical joke’ genre - Candid Camera, Punk’d, the segments radio DJs do on their shows where they ring up unsuspecting people etc. But ‘Impractical Jokers’ is the absolute worst in the genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

George Clarke - presenter of those renovation programmes. His breathy voice drives me mad. Not necessarily his accent, but the way he speaks.

Jennifer Lawrence. Every media interview I see with her makes me hate her a little bit more. Also hate that Dior ad where she dives into the swimming pool and spits water at the camera.

Jennifer Lawrence. Every media interview I see with her makes me hate her a little bit more. Also hate that Dior ad where she dives into the swimming pool and spits water at the camera.

She's an annoying daft cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

He's not around anymore but Dean Cain who played superman in the show
    He had an awful whiff of egotism about him

smilerf wrote: »
    He's not around anymore but Dean Cain who played superman in the show
    He had an awful whiff of egotism about him

He's still alive. Does quite a few spots here and there on tv.

But he's also really, really Christian... Not in an anti-lgbt kinda way (he's very open about being pro gay rights)... but in a very annoying kinda way.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pekitivey

Thank you Candie!

Thank you for this. It sends me into a frantic rage when I pull up short of trying to forward the ads or go a few seconds into the show. Comedy central deliberately make it impossible to know exactly when the ad break will be over. The other ad I cant stand is that Russell Howard bloke going on holidays with his mam. which is a clear copy of the Irish one that i actually enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Hozier.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pekitivey

The fat one that's always on the Graham Norton show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

pekitivey wrote: »
    The fat one that's always on the Graham Norton show

Gonna need more than that...male/female? Age? Profession?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Gonna need more than that...male/female? Age? Profession?
    No we don't.
    Miriam Margolyes I reckon. ;)

blade1 wrote: »
    No we don't.
    Miriam Margolyes I reckon. ;)
    Wat? She's brilliant. Usually a clichéd, overused word, but she really is.

Wat? She's brilliant. Usually a clichéd, overused word, but she really is.

Remember, it's inexplicably.

If it's not her it's the blondie Australian one but that wouldn't be inexplicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

blade1 wrote: »
    Remember, it's inexplicably.

If it's not her it's the blondie Australian one but that wouldn't be inexplicable.

Rebel Wilson.

Rebel Wilson.

See,you can do it when you try!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Sarah Harding .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Sarah Harding .

Not inexplicable tho-she's a talentless bint.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 CarolineBee

Barbara Windsor

Barbara Windsor

Tbf, she doesn't remember why she's popular either...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Tbf, she doesn't remember why she's popular either...

Horrible comment.

Advertisement