Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Rewards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Filled up yesterday, got the offer today. D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Filled up yesterday, got the offer today. D'oh!

Was in Dunne's yesterday :(
    Topaz today though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Same here. But I am hoping to refill fuel after 10 days and use this discount. Also will use 4c off per litre as AA member discount.

You can't use the €5 cashback offer with the AA 4c off offer can you :confused:
    My AA fuel card takes the money from my bank not my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I use AA app which shows 4C discount bar code and pay using AIB bank card.
    Alfie1 wrote: »
    You can't use the €5 cashback offer with the AA 4c off offer can you :confused:
    My AA fuel card takes the money from my bank not my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

20% back on MyTaxi available for some now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

I use AA app which shows 4C discount bar code and pay using AIB bank card.

Thanks for the explanation.
    Topaz here not Re.Store so that won't work & I almost filled the tank a day before getting the offer !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

dubmick wrote: »
    20% back on MyTaxi available for some now.

Not for me, bah humbug!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Phil1969 wrote: »
    Mine is doing the same, must be issues with the site.

Can anyone confirm the Dunnes 10 euro off is back on for everyone or just some people? I can not login to check.

I only got it for one account (visa credit) not the other (visa debit).
    last time, it came through for the other card a week later, but this time, I still do not have it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

I only got it for one account (visa credit) not the other (visa debit).
    last time, it came through for the other card a week later, but this time, I still do not have it today.

Same here - visa credit only.
    Have 2 visa debit cards and got the Dunnes offer on both last time but neither this time - so far at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

be careful if you need to cancel and have cards re-issued ... I spent my €50 in Dunnes on my brand new card which wasn't yet registered on the rewards web site .. I'll have to go again now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I know we give out that some offers aren't great but just noticed we've gotten €170 back on rewards, that's not too shabby at all. All were for shops we use so worked out great for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭WAW

New to this. Can you use the offer more than once? Eg. Fill up on different dates and use the circle k discount twice?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

WAW wrote: »
    New to this. Can you use the offer more than once? Eg. Fill up on different dates and use the circle k discount twice?

No, but I got the circle k one in july and it came up on my offers again last week so got it again. But in the valid period once you use it once its gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I have saved 65 euros x 2 = €130 total.
    pc7 wrote: »
    I know we give out that some offers aren't great but just noticed we've gotten €170 back on rewards, that's not too shabby at all. All were for shops we use so worked out great for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Love to sign up to this but the fact they offload your bank statements to God know who makes me a little uncomfortable

Rockin wrote: »
    Love to sign up to this but the fact they offload your bank statements to God know who makes me a little uncomfortable

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

I'm fairly certain that they don't just share your bank statements with the highest bidder.

Visa are running the promotion, when you use your card the transactions are going through them anyway, they just flag certain transactions based on current promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Has anyone used the MandMdirect Cashback offer with this? Anything specific you need to do or will the card just be credited itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

MilfordBud wrote: »
    Has anyone used the MandMdirect Cashback offer with this? Anything specific you need to do or will the card just be credited itself?

I used it during the week. Just bought some stuff and a few days later the refund processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

keane2097 wrote: »
    I used it during the week. Just bought some stuff and a few days later the refund processed.

Excellent, thanks for that. Just realised MyTaxi is up on it too and I used that at the weekend, nice little extras to get back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭go4it

this 'deals' are made between companies to attract footfall and revenue(spending) for their businesses .
    it's a win-win situation:
    - the shop receives clients sent by the bank (card deal ) and they ensure a minimum spending (10 off your 50's spent, 5% on minimum 20 spent , etc )
    - the bank gets a commission/good grade for bringing clients, and also learns your spending habits ( what deals you choose to spend money on , etc ) - this way they can 'get to know the customer better' and be ready to offer other tailor made 'offers' in the future

Nobody wants you to take 500 euro from atm and spend it on the shops without scanning the clubcard at least. you're a lost source of 'commercial knowledge'. the big data analyst needs your input...

@offtopic : does it help me in getting more rewards by avoiding certain shops for usual purchases and going back only when they offer me a deal? Maybe....maybe not.
    Does it stops me from buying anything but groceries for 50 quid to get a tenner back on the deal? No it doesn't, 'cause the system doesn't report what you bought, more now with gdpr...
    Does the people working on this deals read the forums for opinions like this one? Of course they do ( they're professionals ) but they don't mind it ( for now) because the data analyst told them that the business is going strong, no need to worries for a few..mavericks/leechers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

MilfordBud wrote: »

Yip, bought myself a new pair of casual runners on it last week, they were reduced to a great price and even sweeter deal when I got my cash back a fews later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CH3OH

My Bank of Ireland Visa is showing a €10 off €25 spend at Circle K (Topaz) valid until 29 September

CH3OH wrote: »
    My Bank of Ireland Visa is showing a €10 off €25 spend at Circle K (Topaz) valid until 29 September

That's a nice one but pity this is the AIB thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tema

How will they know whether you spent €50 in Dunnes on groceries or clothes/home dept?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

tema wrote: »
    How will they know whether you spent €50 in Dunnes on groceries or clothes/home dept?

They don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Got a new card, due to a fraudulent transaction. I did not update the card on the everyday rewards site so I did not get the benefit of the offer. Just a heads up. If you change your card no, you need to update the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

dingding wrote: »
    Got a new card, due to a fraudulent transaction. I did not update the card on the everyday rewards site so I did not get the benefit of the offer. Just a heads up. If you change your card no, you need to update the website.

bah, just bought diesel in the CircleK this morning and realised I never updated my card. I've updated it now, hopefully the transaction hasn't gone through yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hertz

€30 back on your next purchase of €150 or more

Book and rent by 20/10/18.

surely they don't mean that you have to have collected the car as well by 20th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

Hertz

€30 back on your next purchase of €150 or more

Book and rent by 20/10/18.

surely they don't mean that you have to have collected the car as well by 20th?

Probably not .
    A lot of the time people pay at the location for the car and dont prepay.
    If you pay at the location and pick up the car after the 20th the transaction will be after the 20th. Prepay and the transaction is before the 20tg and the visa team have no way of knowing.
    Ive a mustang gt premiun booked for 450 for a week in vegas. The 30 euro back will pay for the tank of fuel

Advertisement