Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Rewards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ShinyMirrors

I don't see the Smyths offer in my AIB rewards. How do I go about getting if if isnt shown in the AIB rewards offers list ?🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Lads...just took fitbit 20% off offer...can someone who used that offer confirm what was shown on bank statement for transaction ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Lads...just took fitbit 20% off offer...can someone who used that offer confirm what was shown on bank statement for transaction ?

Sorry not getting that offer on either of our accounts. Sorry looked at history, it had expired, here you go

20% back on your next purchase of €150 or more
    Limit 1 cashback per account. See full terms.
    Channel:
    Activated on:
    07/12/18
    Terms and Conditions:
    To redeem this offer, you will need to spend a minimum of €150 at Fitbit. Offer valid online for one purchase. Offer is limited to 1 cashback per Cashback Service account. Only the first eligible transaction made on any card registered to your account during the offer validity period will be eligible for cashback. If you have more than one card registered on your account, you will still only be paid cashback for this offer once, regardless of the number of purchases you make during the offer validity period. Not all Merchant locations may be monitored by Visa. Offer not valid on purchases made using gift cards. Maximum cashback reward of €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

That's a long statement to put on your bank account.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

pc7 wrote: »
    Sorry not getting that offer on either of our accounts. Sorry looked at history, it had expired, here you go

20% back on your next purchase of €150 or more
    Limit 1 cashback per account. See full terms.
    Channel:
    Activated on:
    07/12/18
    <snip>

And you had to buy the device on https://www.fitbit.com/ie

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote:
    20% back on your next purchase of €150 or more Limit 1 cashback per account. See full terms. Channel: Online Activated on: 07/12/18 Terms and Conditions: To redeem this offer, you will need to spend a minimum of €150 at Fitbit. Offer valid online for one purchase. Offer is limited to 1 cashback per Cashback Service account. Only the first eligible transaction made on any card registered to your account during the offer validity period will be eligible for cashback. If you have more than one card registered on your account, you will still only be paid cashback for this offer once, regardless of the number of purchases you make during the offer validity period. Not all Merchant locations may be monitored by Visa. Offer not valid on purchases made using gift cards. Maximum cashback reward of €100.

I meant transaction details on statement on account after placing order using card...i have the offer details

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh sorry, picked you up wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Roll on some Dunnes or Circle K deals, has been pretty slack of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

I meant transaction details on statement on account after placing order using card...i have the offer details

Fitbit via ModusLi

Refund came a few days later as Fitbit

towger wrote:
    Fitbit via ModusLi

towger wrote:
    Refund came a few days later as Fitbit

Cheers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Ah Jaysus there’s feck all on it now. Clothes and women stuff Claire’s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Ah Jaysus there’s feck all on it now. Clothes and women stuff Claire’s.

They've even stopped sending out emails updating it. I'd forgotten about it.

They've even stopped sending out emails updating it. I'd forgotten about it.

I still get emails...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I still get emails...

9th of November was my last Friday update :confused:

I had relatively recently got €25 cash back so not sure whey I'd been dropped. Total received to date modest enough at €115.80, but they were purchases I'd have made anyway, so better than the proverbial kick in the head.

I had relatively recently got €25 cash back so not sure whey I'd been dropped. Total received to date modest enough at €115.80, but they were purchases I'd have made anyway, so better than the proverbial kick in the head.

That is a good amount of savings...i found fitbit offer only on my email hence ordered one..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'm going to try using this for the first time with my AIB credit card that's registered with AIB Everyday Rewards.

I see this thread is huge, so rather than wade through it all, are there any issues getting cashback? Does it take a while?

Do I just pay for the item using the credit card as normal or do I need to mention anything to the person behind the till? I'm assuming the former.
    I've already activated the offer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm going to try using this for the first time with my AIB credit card that's registered with AIB Everyday Rewards.

I see this thread is huge, so rather than wade through it all, are there any issues getting cashback? Does it take a while?

Do I just pay for the item using the credit card as normal or do I need to mention anything to the person behind the till? I'm assuming the former.

You don't need to do or say anything, use the card as normal.
    Once the transaction is processed, the cashback should appear as pending nearly straightaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Davy wrote: »
    You don't need to do or say anything, use the card as normal.
    Once the transaction is processed, the cashback should appear as pending nearly straightaway.

as far as I remember, he needs to sign up first on the website
    and remember..... different sign up accounts(different emails) for different cards so that you get benefit on all cards

Seve OB wrote: »
    as far as I remember, he needs to sign up first on the website
    and remember..... different sign up accounts(different emails) for different cards so that you get benefit on all cards

yup I've already activated the offer (signed up etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

yup I've already activated the offer (signed up etc)

That's all you need to do so.
    You could even end up spending somewhere not knowing there is a promo on and you would still get your cash back.

It's worth keeping an eye on it though as you might for Eg buy fuel for 40 this week but spending 50 will generate a 5quid cash back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭go4it

since i haven't used the debit card in months, they offered me 5 off 50 spend in Circle K. On the credit card, only 3 odd offers..about shops/products i wouldn't buy even if 90% off

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's your bank who issued the registered card that is giving you the cash back, not the retailer where you are spending it. You get the cash back into your account about a week or so after the transaction, not at the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Topaz 5 euro off offer expiring today and I filled up tank at 17.30. Would it count for cashback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

Topaz 5 euro off offer expiring today and I filled up tank at 17.30. Would it count for cashback?

Yes it worked for me on last day

M

4motion wrote: »
    Yes it worked for me on last day

Yes I filled up last week on last day of it for me and the €5 was in my account yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭go4it

5 off 50 @Circle K: bought a 20e phone top-up and other stuff from the red Circle shop and got 5e back from AIB ;
    That's 4.5euro in real terms, since the shop charged me a 50c top up surcharge ( fella at the till didn't said anything about the surcharge - i've noticed days later , when going through receipts... )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

go4it wrote: »
    5 off 50 @Circle K: bought a 20e phone top-up and other stuff from the red Circle shop and got 5e back from AIB ;
    That's 4.5euro in real terms, since the shop charged me a 50c top up surcharge ( fella at the till didn't said anything about the surcharge - i've noticed days later , when going through receipts... )

In real terms you would have had to pay that surcharge regardless. You got a full €5 back from AIB - not €4.50.

M

I never do business with a place charging extra for phone credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I never do business with a place charging extra for phone credit.

I genuinely wasn't aware that people still bought phone credit from shops - why would you when all of the different networks app/website lets you top up in seconds without having to move an inch?

• Advertisement

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I genuinely wasn't aware that people still bought phone credit from shops - why would you when all of the different networks app/website lets you top up in seconds without having to move an inch?

or top up directly via AIB website. Probably the only way I've topped up for last 15 years or so

Advertisement