Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Rewards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

dingding wrote: »
    Got a new card, due to a fraudulent transaction. I did not update the card on the everyday rewards site so I did not get the benefit of the offer. Just a heads up. If you change your card no, you need to update the website.
    The same happened to me and I complained and they honoured the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

While checking my offers, I see I got two Lego offers, one 5% off and another 10% off, both with different expiry dates. The T&C's in both are identical apart from the % off and expiry dates.

p03sfpE.png

I wonder which one would apply if I bought Lego or if both apply to give 15% off... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,541 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

editorsean wrote: »
    While checking my offers, I see I got two Lego offers, one 5% off and another 10% off, both with different expiry dates. The T&C's in both are identical apart from the % off and expiry dates.

p03sfpE.png

I wonder which one would apply if I bought Lego or if both apply to give 15% off... :pac:

Isn't Hamleys closed now in Dundrum?

https://www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/hamleys-toy-store-dundrum-town-14600311

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Read it again.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Read it again.

This bit?
    Hamleys of London has had an outlet in the popular south Dublin shopping centre since 2008, but will close for good on Monday, May 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This bit?

No, the bit where it says online purchase.

This bit?

So you choose not to read the offer again but instead quote something from somewhere else.

I'll give you a hint.

Try the but where is says the offer is for online ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

2% or 3% off in shops of sites I've never used. Been a while since there was a decent offer. AIB need to up their game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

2% or 3% off in shops of sites I've never used. Been a while since there was a decent offer. AIB need to up their game.

Its really annoying! I don't need money off Swarovski, I need money off petrol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

This is the whole point of these 'Rewards' programmes across the world. They are designed to get you to try and spend money in shops you wouldn't normally spend. They give you a few places where you do to entice you in. Also they require the right kinds of merchants to buy in to the programmes and generally petrol stations would be low on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I don't think anything under 5% really counts as an incentive to spend somewhere you wouldn't usually spend though.

Seve OB wrote: »
    So you choose not to read the offer again but instead quote something from somewhere else.
    The bit that I read again was the bit quoted in the post where you said 'read it again'. But thanks for all your help anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I used one of these for the first time last month, was expecting 10% back on something, but it says I've redeemed none. I definitely used my registered card and all that. is there anywhere to direct such a query?

Nevermind, found the contact form.

Based on recently doing this for a CircleK offer, these are roughly the steps:
    1. Go into Help menu at the top, then tick "Redemption" at the bottom of the page.
    2. Scroll further down and you'll see a "The offer is with:" drop-down.
    3. Choose the offer from this drop-down, then tick the offer expiration date below.
    4. Tick 'Yes' and in the calendar that appears, pick the date.
    5. Fill out a description (e.g. the shop location if used in a physical shop), etc. and submit.

With the last CircleK €5 off €50 offer, I filled up at our local CircleK witha Supervalu forecourt shop. Like my previous experience, the transaction shows up as Supervalu without any cashback. After a week I went through the above steps to contact Visa.

After you contact them, give it a week as it took about a week before they responded to my query along with the cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

editorsean wrote: »

p03sfpE.png

No, 10 and 5 percent isn't 15 percent, it's around 12 percent. Heatons staff also made this mistake when calculating their being closed down for more shoes in sports direct sale, no biggy.

Although those two have expired a month ago, I did wonder what would happen. The kids already have plenty of Lego and various themed sets, so didn't end up buying any. I need to think of something else for Christmas. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Dunnes Stores

€10 back when you spend €80 or more on Grocery

In-store
    Available until 30/11/2018

Boots

€5 back on your next purchase of €50 or more

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Smyths €10 off €100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Dunnes Stores

€10 back when you spend €80 or more on Grocery

In-store

Oof, that's a steep increase. I wonder if they copped on to the double discount?

Got Dunne's on both my cards. Smiths one on one card
    Also 5 off 50 spend in woodies and boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Virtanen wrote: »
    Oof, that's a steep increase. I wonder if they copped on to the double discount?

Not sure but still decent in that if you are getting €100 worth of stuff you are only paying €70 if you are using with the €10 off €50 spend vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Do we get 20 off or 25 off when buying for 100e from Dunnes?
    Not sure but still decent in that if you are getting €100 worth of stuff you are only paying €70 if you are using with the €10 off €50 spend vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I don’t think that’s the case- you’d have to spend 110 to get the 30 off

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭go4it

That implies you already have a money off voucher at hand.

The purpose of the ' 10off50spend ' scheme is to educate the customers in doing most shoppings in one place, in order to reach 50/100 euro spend.

If you cannot increase the footfall, at least you should increase the till receipt average value [ we're not going to debate/give ideas about sales/marketing technics here]

Of course they keep an eye on how the vouchers are spend, and what's the 'visa card scheme' impact on sales. [based on the clubcard number they
    know more about you than your friends at work , or drinking buddies ]

@offtopic : i was about to write about topupandgiftcards, but i was told to go on lunch break and have a chocolate, to keep me happy...( this will be edited for AI word processing )

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Once you spend €80 you get €10 off so getting €100 of goods and using 2x €10 off €50 (which you must already have) will mean an €80 spend and so you will get the €10 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Once you spend €80 you get €10 off so getting €100 of goods and using 2x €10 off €50 (which you must already have) will mean an €80 spend and so you will get the €10 off.

Apologies- for some reason I read it as spend 90 get 10 off!
    I dont really know why!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Do we get 20 off or 25 off when buying for 100e from Dunnes?

€20

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

jprboy wrote: »
    €20

If you have Dunnes vouchers and pay by VISA and spend €100 or more you get €30 off.
    If you have no Dunnes vouchers and pay by VISA and spend €80 or more you get €10 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

pc7 wrote: »
    Smyths €10 off €100
    I take it from the T&C below I wouldn’t get from 2 separate transaction on both my visa debit & visa credit?? ☹️

Limit 1 cashback per account. See full terms.
    Terms and Conditions
    To redeem this offer, you will need to make a purchase of €100 or more at Smyths Toys. Offer valid online or in-store for one purchase. Offer is limited to 1 cashback per Cashback Service account. Only the first eligible transaction made on any card registered to your account during the offer validity period will be eligible for cashback. If you have more than one card registered on your account, you will still only be paid cashback for this offer once, regardless of the number of purchases you make during the offer validity period. Not all Merchant locations may be monitored by Visa. Offer not valid on purchases made using gift cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

I take it from the T&C below I wouldn’t get from 2 separate transaction on both my visa debit & visa credit?? ☹️

Limit 1 cashback per account. See full terms.
    Terms and Conditions
    To redeem this offer, you will need to make a purchase of €100 or more at Smyths Toys. Offer valid online or in-store for one purchase. Offer is limited to 1 cashback per Cashback Service account. Only the first eligible transaction made on any card registered to your account during the offer validity period will be eligible for cashback. If you have more than one card registered on your account, you will still only be paid cashback for this offer once, regardless of the number of purchases you make during the offer validity period. Not all Merchant locations may be monitored by Visa. Offer not valid on purchases made using gift cards.

You will but you need to set up 2 separate AIB Rewards accounts with one card registered on each.

Advertisement