Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Rewards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

mrcheez wrote: »
    or top up directly via AIB website. Probably the only way I've topped up for last 15 years or so
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

bromley52 wrote: »
    :eek:

huh? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Not sure he’s shocked that you can top-up on internet banking or shocked that people still top-up

Not sure he’s shocked that you can top-up on internet banking or shocked that people still top-up

Yeah I've never been a data-whore so top up every few months or so. Makes more sense than bill pay and prob saved me ****loads over the years.

My credit has an expiry date of ten years as it's an older plan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭go4it

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I genuinely wasn't aware that people still bought phone credit from shops - why would you when all of the different networks app/website lets you top up in seconds without having to move an inch?

I've bought the top-up from the Circle K forecourt just to pass the 50 euro mark.
    Not trusting my CC details with apps/websites too much ; paypal does most of the payment ( everyone's with his own tin foil hat )
    And yes, bought 3x20e top-ups for a previous Dunnes stores AIB rewards offer. all ok.

@offtopic : as for the surcharge on top-ups : it's the most descriptive explanation that a new person coming to ireland is getting for the expression "rip-off Ireland"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,753 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Spent €50 in CircleK last week, it hasn't tracked. Going into the rewards website, there's no sign of the offer either in the current or expired section and when I try to raise a query on it, it's not listed there either. Am I going nuts - there was a 5 off 50 offer for CircleK last week, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭NinetyForNone

loyatemu wrote: »
    there was a 5 off 50 offer for CircleK last week, right?
    For some, does it show in 'Offer History' as expired on the website?

For some, does it show in 'Offer History' as expired on the website?

No - I'm sure it was there though, I wouldn't normally buy fuel on my CC, I specifically used it because of the offer...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SSeanSS

I bought a fitbit online using AIB Card because i saw in rewards they were offering 20% back of orders over 150.. offer expired the next day but now cannot even see it in expired rewards :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

SSeanSS wrote: »
    I bought a fitbit online using AIB Card because i saw in rewards they were offering 20% back of orders over 150.. offer expired the next day but now cannot even see it in expired rewards :confused:

Give them five days. They generally come good.

• Advertisement

If not you can also contact them and they'll credit you providing you can send them a copy of the receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Just got an email, €5 back from a €25 spend in Super Valu. That's pretty decent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I miss the Dunnes and Circle K discounts the most.

Thanks for Supervalue discount!

Caranica wrote: »

nice, have a 10off50 voucher in the RealRewards app too, time to buy some wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

loyatemu wrote: »
    nice, have a 10off50 voucher in the RealRewards app too, time to buy some wine.

€10 off when you buy 6 as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

No sign of this on either account. One account only has 1 offer and its for all saints. Absolutely useless to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

No sign of this on either account. One account only has 1 offer and its for all saints. Absolutely useless to me.

Did you get an email? I've never received an email about a single offer before, usually just the regular Friday ones and I've given up opening those

Did you get an email? I've never received an email about a single offer before, usually just the regular Friday ones and I've given up opening those

Nope, no email. I wonder what criteria qualifies some and not others?

Nope, no email. I wonder what criteria qualifies some and not others?

I got the email too, when did you sign up?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    €10 off when you buy 6 as well. :)

nice - €60 of wine for €35

• Advertisement

I got the email too, when did you sign up?

When page 1 of this thread was posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭go4it

got 5off25 for Supervalu on debit card, but not on the credit one.
    On the CC is 20 off 99+ for Hertz renting

From the beginning, in the dark ages, i've disabled the weekly email notification, to reduce spam . i rely on others to report juicy deals in here, and than check if it's available for me aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I find the AIB "rewards" are a bit laughable at times. They offer minimal discounts (3-5% seems to the average) on the most obscure brands, or on items you'd very rarely need - JoJo Mamam Bebe, Hamleys, Hertz, L’Occitane. It certainly doesn't cater for the average Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I find the AIB "rewards" are a bit laughable at times. They offer minimal discounts (3-5% seems to the average) on the most obscure brands, or on items you'd very rarely need - JoJo Mamam Bebe, Hamleys, Hertz, L’Occitane. It certainly doesn't cater for the average Joe.

well then get a credit card from someone else.
    to be honest I'm sick of reading posts like this.
    this is a rewards system that gives you something back. it doesn't cost you anything. not all the offers might be suitable for you (most of them aren't worth a damn to me either)

At this stage I've received cash back refunds of possibly over €150...….. all for signing up to this. its free money, I'm not gonna scoff at their jojo mamam bebe just because I don't want it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Seve OB wrote: »
    this is a rewards system that gives you something back. it doesn't cost you anything. not all the offers might be suitable for you (most of them aren't worth a damn to me either)

At this stage I've received cash back refunds of possibly over €150...….. all for signing up to this. its free money, I'm not gonna scoff at their jojo mamam bebe just because I don't want it

You saved €150, great. I've personally saved €4.80. I'd love to see the average savings for AIB customers on this rewards system. It's hard to argue against their niche and obscure offers, with minimal discounts. They're a bank afterall, and of all companies, are not short on money. And they could do with giving some nice discounts to customers, given how many fees monthly, daily fees we pay. Compare their rewards to say Three. It's pale in comparison.

I think his point was that the Rewards are admittedly for very niche purchases, rather than rewards you get from the likes of Three or Supervalu or Electric Ireland, who offer rewards that might be used more regularly like cinema discounts etc.

AIB certainly could do better getting more mainstream companies involved like cashback from Arnotts or Debenhams or Odeon cinemas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

sheroman01 wrote: »
    You saved €150, great. I've personally saved €4.80. I'd love to see the average savings for AIB customers on this rewards system.

14 redemptions totaling €108.25 so far for me without going out of my way to try and use the rewards.

It is not hard to have amassed a half decent return.
    Everybody eats and goes to supermarkets, you had ample opportunity to get free money for spending money that you spend anyway. Dunnes, Lidl have each been on numerous times with €10 & €5 returns. And now Super Value are in the game. €25 bucks is nothing to spend in a supermarket, sure a few beers, bottles of wine, couple of steaks, milk bread, chickens.... doesn't take long to get €25 quid worth of gear in your shopping basket no matter what your taste is.

Topaz have also been in the mix a few times with decent cash back (fair enough, not everybody drives), but for those who do, it's free money.

So to give out that you only got €4.80 back because offers have been niche is a bit disingenuous. You could have gotten more, but it's €4.80 back that you wouldn't have gotten if they never introduced the rewards.

Dunnes, Lidl have each been on numerous times with €10 & €5 returns.

I've never actually gotten any Lidl or Dunnes offers. I find it strange they offer different discounts to different users.

• Advertisement

I think his point was that the Rewards are admittedly for very niche purchases, rather than rewards you get from the likes of Three or Supervalu or Electric Ireland, who offer rewards that might be used more regularly like cinema discounts etc.

AIB certainly could do better getting more mainstream companies involved like cashback from Arnotts or Debenhams or Odeon cinemas?

I would disagree. what you think is mainstream is all fine and dandy for you, but not everyone is the same. you cant get much more mainstream than supermarkets and petrol stations.

Department stores are not somewhere most people go very often, maybe once or twice a year. Arnotts is as niche as any of them, perhaps even more so as it's not like they are in every town around Ireland. Shaws has been on it loads, they are all over Ireland. Odeon cinemas.... I couldt tell you the last time I went to the pictures so not worth a damn to me, and even if they were on it, why them and not some of the other cinema houses?

at the end of the day, no offer will appeal to everybody, just take what is good for you and don't complain about the rest of them because they are not your cup of tea. its not like it is costing you anything.

Advertisement