Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭yubabill

Well, well - said earlier that WHO chief Ghebreyesus was appointed following China's backing.

Turns out he's not a medical doctor.

He has a BSc in biology from an Eritrean uni, MSc in immunology from UL and PhD in Community Health from U. Notts. But NOT a medic.

https://www.who.int/antimicrobial-resistance/interagency-coordination-group/dg_who_bio/en/

Lots more juicy allegations in this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPSlqF5pjrw

• Registered Users Posts: 14,953 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Not to mind being sympathetic to a Maoist terrorist group in Ethopia who were into abit of genocide as well.Appointing Mugabe as a goodwill ambassador,and inviting the Russians to test for TB.

https://www.politico.eu/article/tedros-adhanom-ghebreyesus-gives-who-a-headache/
    But lets not go that far.Our hero on the Corona epidemic here Dr T Holohan seems to be forgiven in a hurry for his doings with the cancer cervical smear check ballsup last year by the Irish people?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

It seems that the theory of this dreadful virus escaping from a lab in Wuhan is not the science fiction we were told it was either. No one is saying it was released deliberately, but it looks like someone working there was infected and thats how it started.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/coronavirus-china-trail-leading-back-to-wuhan-labs/

tudderone wrote: »
    It seems that the theory of this dreadful virus escaping from a lab in Wuhan is not the science fiction we were told it was either. No one is saying it was released deliberately, but it looks like someone working there was infected and thats how it started.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/coronavirus-china-trail-leading-back-to-wuhan-labs/

And on that subject, here's a video from Ezra Levant showing the Chinese research article blaming the lab for coronavirus AND the guy who might have started it all by going all over China harvesting bat viruses and bringing them back to the lab in Wuhan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUo1w5aSkro

Fox News report says Sen. Rick Scott calling for investigation into WHO/Coronavirus. Says in vid that Dept Homeland Security has agreed to investigate (taking that with a pinch of salt for now).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA7-3ycAS1I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

yubabill wrote: »
    Fox News report says Sen. Rick Scott calling for investigation into WHO/Coronavirus. Says in vid that Dept Homeland Security has agreed to investigate (taking that with a pinch of salt for now).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA7-3ycAS1I

The current head of the WHO got the job with heavy backing from the Chinese - the fact that last year the WHO approved the use of Chinese quack medcine should have raised a red flag for anyone with knowledge of the subject

Trump putting a hold on US money to WHO, talking about investigation into its handling of coronavirus.

US contributes c.20% of WHO funds, China gives c. 1%.

Chinese nationals head 4 out of 15 UN institutions.

The Chinese have been accused of pursuing a selfish political policy in various global orgs.

Video is Sky Australia, Trump talking about WHO money;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6VgwvF4h-g

While I'm here, still think we are at the top of a flat curve wrt coronavirus, daily new cases consistently between 3 and 400.

Should explain what I mean by the top of a flat curve - imagine the top of your body is from one shoulder to the other, across the top of your head.

Statistics usually employ the meaning as being from 80% to 100% back to 80% (80% = first shoulder...100%=head...back to 80% for opposite shoulder). Edit: Please don't hold me to these figures, been back to Johns Hopkins corona tracking and I was going 50%;100%;50% as the top.
    Looking at Italy's figures, I'm guessing we should be back to 200 daily new cases in about 10 days, all going well.
    But the testing rate is always the elephant in the room...
    Think the lockdown will be extended, looking at the figures above, was hoping they might be eased after the Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Think the lockdown will be extended, looking at the figures above, was hoping they might be eased after the Easter.

If we ease up on the restrictions in the next few weeks, we'll get a second wave of the virus.

I can't see them easing up for a month or two at least. And even then it will be a phased easing. I'd say no pubs till the middle of the Summer. No school til the Autumn. Some businesses opening up slowly with strict social distancing measures in place. But again, none of that for a month or two at least.

The antidote ,possibly around this time next year.Ditto international travel

The big teller will be the Leaving cert.If they write it off...Well get comfy folks because we are in for a long year ahead with each others company.:eek:

Nov will be the biggie ,as an acid test of democracy here.The emergency powers have to be either abolished ,or renewed...Guess where my money will be?As well as the US presidential election in the same month.

If they insist on it going ahead in June.Some sort of normality again by August.
    Intresting times indeed.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 39,040 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Cass wrote: »
    China - The BIG ONE. I don't believe, not for a fraction of a second, that there have been no new cases in China. They went from thousands of new cases per day to none (0), OVERNIGHT.
    Overnight, no that didn't happen. It took 3 weeks ofr daily numbers to drop from 1000+ to under 50.

I don't trust the chinese numbers, and have criticised the Iranian stats since the start. But I don't think we should be going down the nonsense round in return.
    People are starting to believe and repeat all sorts of nonsense, just because it fits their agenda.
    Just to say, with another 400-odd new cases of Corona here today, on top of 400-odd yesterday, I'm still calling it the top of a flat curve wrt new cases.
    It's still more cases that last saturday, and more than a week ago, I'd want to see a drop on last weeks numbers before I started to think it was a flattened curve.
    It's a more precise way of reporting the data - it gives an immediate summary of where we are at the present point in time.
    It's a accurate way to report the data.
    But it's completely disingenuous to present it as a slowing rate of growth, when the daily increase was still increasing.
    Turns out he's not a medical doctor.

He has a BSc in biology from an Eritrean uni, MSc in immunology from UL and PhD in Community Health from U. Notts. But NOT a medic.
    A immunologist is probably ore suited to the role that a GP. :confused:
    Fox news wouldn't get a look in.

• Advertisement

What happens when we all stumble out into the blinding sunlight and freedom whenever ? The virus could be waiting for round 2. There was a German boffin saying that this virus could be a fact of life from now on, in much the same way AIDS is. Also we will all get the virus sooner or later and its our other health that determines how well we do with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Mellor wrote: »
    I don't trust the chinese numbers, .......... But I don't think we should be going down the nonsense round in return.
    I'm not saying if you don't believe them that you fall into the tinfoil hat community, but i can disbelieve the propaganda from China without being a paid up member of said community without having any agenda. Plus what agenda could i have or better still what agenda could i, a middle aged, overweight guy from the sticks, have that would be of any consequence?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

It's still more cases that last saturday, and more than a week ago, I'd want to see a drop on last weeks numbers before I started to think it was a flattened curve.

A immunologist is probably ore suited to the role that a GP. :confused:
    Fox news wouldn't get a look in.

I'm calling it a flattened curve - it's simply my opinion - the only problem I can see with my opinion is the rate of testing.

Ghebreyesus is the first non-medical doctor WHO head appointed and he has covered the WHO in disgrace, immunologist or not (probably not). He has failed in his duty to protect public health, failed to question China (unlike the former Norwegian PM who led the WHO during SARS) and encouraged people to travel which helped the virus become a pandemic.

There is a petition with 750k signatures to have him removed;

https://www.change.org/p/united-nations-call-for-the-resignation-of-tedros-adhanom-ghebreyesus-who-director-general

tudderone wrote: »
    What happens when we all stumble out into the blinding sunlight and freedom whenever ? The virus could be waiting for round 2. There was a German boffin saying that this virus could be a fact of life from now on, in much the same way AIDS is. Also we will all get the virus sooner or later and its our other health that determines how well we do with it.

Hence the idea of the vaccine. Be able to contain an outbreak in the future.Or no doubt by national mass cumpulsory innoculations,with a vaccine produced by Bill Gates and Microsoft ,[with or without a micro chip in it is depending on how far down the rabbit hole you have gone.] Bad enough that they would consider cumpulsory mass innoculations as that means you have no control anymore over your personal body.

EU science chief resigns. A very bitchy statement from the eu about it.

https://erc.europa.eu/news/resignation-mauro-ferrari-–-statement-scientific-council

I'm not saying if you don't believe them that you fall into the tinfoil hat community, but i can disbelieve the propaganda from China without being a paid up member of said community without having any agenda. Plus what agenda could i have or better still what agenda could i, a middle aged, overweight guy from the sticks, have that would be of any consequence?
    I never mentioned an agenda. I'm saying lets not start telling blatant lies. :confused:
    I'm aware you were speaking dramatically, but I don't think that's an appropriate way to refer to this stuff. That's the Donal Trump approach, which leads to all his contradictory statements. He's made a mess of handling this nad is now trying to deflect to the others.
    Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Hence the idea of the vaccine. Be able to contain an outbreak in the future.Or no doubt by national mass cumpulsory innoculations,with a vaccine produced by Bill Gates and Microsoft ,[with or without a micro chip in it is depending on how far down the rabbit hole you have gone.] Bad enough that they would consider cumpulsory mass innoculations as that means you have no control anymore over your personal body.

Anti-vaxers are far more of a risk to public health than Bill Gates.
    Microchips FFS

Ghebreyesus is the first non-medical doctor WHO head appointed and he has covered the WHO in disgrace, immunologist or not (probably not). He has failed in his duty to protect public health, failed to question China (unlike the former Norwegian PM who led the WHO during SARS) and encouraged people to travel which helped the virus become a pandemic.

He's a immunologist and microbiologist. Highly regarded, according to wiki. That's much more relevant to who health than a GP or surgeon. His appointment was intentional not a secret or scandal as you make out. If he has made errors here it has nothing to do with the fact he's not a GP. A GP wouldn't have a clue about pandemic viruses.

The WHO have very little power, those calls have to come form the governments of the world. Trump mess up badly, and is blaming the WHO and China instead of being honest. Can't believe people are buying it.

I never mentioned an agenda.
    A few posts up you literally said:
    People are starting to believe and repeat all sorts of nonsense, just because it fits their agenda.
    I'm saying lets not start telling blatant lies. :confused:
    Which blatant lies have i told?
    I'm aware you were speaking dramatically, but I don't think that's an appropriate way to refer to this stuff.
    What stuff.

Please be specific in your responses as generic, throwaway, terms makes me have to ask what you are talking about.
    That's the Donal Trump approach,
    Oh FFS. If this is a case of TDS i don't want to hear it.
    ......... which leads to all his contradictory statements.
    Which statements, about what, when were they said. CONTEXT and specifics please.
    He's made a mess of handling this nad is now trying to deflect to the others.
    Has he [President Trump] made mistakes, sure he has. Are they completely his fault, no.
    • Democrats withdrew from a 2 trillion dollar stimulus package because they wanted it filled with nonsense that has nothing to do with the current virus pandemic such as postal ballots, monies to illegals, money to planned parenthood (the baby murdering factory), national arts, etc, etc.
    • The President was working of information given out by the W.H.O., which in January lied to the world when they said the virus could not be passed from person to person - Linky.
    • Andrew Cuomo destroyed the medical health system in New York over the last decade by cutting medicaid payments for certain people and procedures which forced 16 hospitals to close over the years. On MArch 2nd he claimed "We are fully coordinated, and we are fully mobilized, and we are fully prepared to deal with the situation as it develops." Within two weeks he was pleading for President Trump to send aid, which the President did in the form of the USNS medical ship, Comfort.
    • Cuomo praised President Trump, as did Governor Newsom (Pelosi's Son) of California for President Trump's actions during this pandemic. That is praise from two of President Trumps biggest haters.
    • Nancy Pelosi, Democratic House majority leader, on February 24th i believe was walking the streets of Chinatown in San Francisco encouraging people to come out and celebrate the Chinese festivities contrary to Federal mandate of staying at home. I used an NBC link so i don't get accused of using "right wing" media platforms - Link.
    • President Trump banned all flights from China on January 31st and was called a xenophobe and racist. The New York times said he was "acting without evidence" by banning the flights, and in Fenrary the same rag said that PResident Trump was "not doing enough, quick enough". So damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
    • President Trump was coming to the end of the Ukraine hoax impeachment and had the Democrats got their way with more witnesses it would still be going on. Still he was dealing with this pandemic at a time the Democrats were still trying to impeach him.
    • During this, and in the last week, Schiff and Pelosi have said they are convening a committee with a view to investigating the President's actions and if he can be impeached again over his response to this pandemic.

It was only a matter of time before the blame game started in most countries but President Trump has had to suffer it before the pandemic, during it and guaranteed he will suffer it after its all over.

The problem with the blame game is no one is immune (no pun intended). All parties have a hand in failings of the system, but in this case President Trump is not only working against a largely left leaning media that does not like him, but a Democratic party that has hated him from day one and will always take the opposing view on any topic ( i mean they defended the Iranian terrorist parading as a General President Trump blew up).

The World Health Organisation's current President is of seriously questionable ethics and nature. Not just now but over his entire career. There is documented evidence and reports of his failings and agenda, coupled with his backing from and to China. So why is a man of that calibre, who LIED, not questioned or held to account.

Lastly so what about America. No offence to our brothers and sisters in the states, but i'm more concerned about our own country, our own government and the lack of action here.

Varadkar has taken every photo op he can but done little. Yes they've handed out money like skittles, which people sorely need, but they immediately said it'll send us into recession and we'll all pay for it in the long run.

the same Government that is fighting a court battle to REFUSE 14 BILLION EURO in taxes paid to us by Apple which is sitting in an escrow account. That would see us over a lot of this, wouldn't it.

Then look at testing. We're told that you have to show symptoms, get a referral letter from your GP, and then wait on a list for your test which can take from 5 to 14 days. 40,000 people signed up to be tested and then the list was deleted/lost and had to be started over again. In other countries they're committing to testing up to 100,000 PER DAY, but in Ireland they're waiting for a few more week before compiling their list, and then maybe you'll be tested if you have all the previously listed criteria.

Tents on the Quays that appear to be sitting idle, delays in lockdowns, buying PPE from the country of origin of this whole pandemic CHINA, which eventually arrives and is useless, and we go buy more form the same people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean come on ta f**k.

You talk about an agenda, and you did say agenda, but what of the agenda of those spreading the Chinese lies/propaganda? The last four or five viruses have all started in China, including this one, and the only thing the left wing media can ask is "do you not think it's racist to call it the chinese virus?".

Jesus wept.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Varadkar has taken every photo op he can but done little. Yes they've handed out money like skittles, which people sorely need, but they immediately said it'll send us into recession and we'll all pay for it in the long run.

the same Government that is fighting a court battle to REFUSE 14 BILLION EURO in taxes paid to us by Apple which is sitting in an escrow account. That would see us over a lot of this, wouldn't it.

If the Government here had a ball to their name, they would take that money and use it to see us through this clusterfcuk, its really going to be needed and if Apple had anything ethical about them, they would insist on paying it. Instead i have heard about our gov and apple up to all sorts of dodgy ****e, offices and bank accounts in the Isle of Man.

Every country in the eurozone is going to be in steep recession. Germany was heading towards recession anyway before this disease came along, now they are predicting their economy could contract anywhere from 5-20%, its possibly going to drag us down with them.

Two of my sisters have already lost their jobs over this, and no indication if they have a chance of getting them back when its over.

A few posts up you literally said:
    Yes. Referring to people online/twitter who clearly have an agenda to push, or are perhaps reiterating somebody else agenda unknowingly. Cover both sides btw.
    Are you saying that doesn't exist? I wasn't referring to you personally.

If you want to think that includes you, that's your interpretation of course.
    I honestly wouldn't have read enough of your posts to begin to know.

Which blatant lies have i told?

What stuff.

Please be specific in your responses as generic, throwaway, terms makes me have to ask what you are talking about.
    I literally quoted the post in question. And dressed it directly.
    How is that not specific? I'll repost for you.
    China - The BIG ONE. I don't believe, not for a fraction of a second, that there have been no new cases in China. They went from thousands of new cases per day to none (0), OVERNIGHT.
    Overnight, no that didn't happen. It took 3 weeks fomr daily numbers to drop from 1000+ to under 50.
    Oh FFS. If this is a case of TDS i don't want to hear it.
    I don't know what TDS is. But Ok.
    Which statements, about what, when were they said. CONTEXT and specifics please.
    You are asking me to list all of Donald Trumps contradictory statements.
    I don't think that's necessary. You couldn't be denying that it has happened.
    Has he [President Trump] made mistakes, sure he has. Are they completely his fault, no.
    Nobody is immune from making statements. Especially when it comes to policy decided by multiple people.
    I'm talking about playing down the threat of COVID, saying it will be over by easter, disagreeing publicly with official actions, etc. These are his actions and he is solely responsible for what he says.
    [*]Democrats withdrew from a 2 trillion dollar stimulus package because they wanted it filled with nonsense that has nothing to do with the current virus pandemic such as postal ballots, monies to illegals, money to planned parenthood (the baby murdering factory), national arts, etc, etc.
    Terrible decision. But I don't see the relevance to anything I said.

[*]The President was working of information given out by the W.H.O., which in January lied to the world when they said the virus could not be passed from person to person - Linky.
    At that point there was no confirmed P2P cases. Not confirmed doesn't means it doesn't happen. Basic enough. A number of unconfirmed CV theories will turn out to be true.

P2P transfer was confirmed a week later in January. Trump's downplaying continued into March. That excuse doesn't hold up to any scrutiny.

[*]Andrew Cuomo destroyed the medical health system in New York over the last decade by cutting medicaid payments for certain people and procedurenis which forced 16 hospitals to close over the years. On MArch 2nd he claimed "We are fully coordinated, and we are fully mobilized, and we are fully prepared to deal with the situation as it develops." Within two weeks he was pleading for President Trump to send aid, which the President did in the form of the USNS medical ship, Comfort.
    The US health system is driven by capitalism and private industry. It's a bit of a joke compared to other developed countries.

But why wouldn't he send aid? A major US city, affect extremely badly. THe fact the governor is a democrat shouldn't be a factor in helping US citizens.
    [*]Cuomo praised President Trump, as did Governor Newsom (Pelosi's Son) of California for President Trump's actions during this pandemic. That is praise from two of President Trumps biggest haters.
    Because praising the guy pulling the strings is a +EV move. Very sad, but very true.
    [*]Nancy Pelosi, Democratic House majority leader, on February 24th i believe was walking the streets of Chinatown in San Francisco encouraging people to come out and celebrate the Chinese festivities contrary to Federal mandate of staying at home. I used an NBC link so i don't get accused of using "right wing" media platforms -
    Very stupid action. As was Boris Johnson saying he was shaking the hands od coronavirus patients.
    But again, I don't see the relevant. You seem to assume that because I criticised Trump I'm suggesting that nobody else has faulted. That's a bit silly.
    [*]President Trump banned all flights from China on January 31st and was called a xenophobe and racist. The New York times said he was "acting without evidence" by banning the flights, and in Fenrary the same rag said that PResident Trump was "not doing enough, quick enough". So damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
    The was the week it was declared a global emergency right?
    Pretty sure something like 40 countries had imposed restrictions. Most of them before the US. Who called him rasict for doing exactly what everyone else was doing?
    Technically people were banned, not flight. As Citizens, residents, flight crew etc were still flying in.
    [*]President Trump was coming to the end of the Ukraine hoax impeachment and had the Democrats got their way with more witnesses it would still be going on. Still he was dealing with this pandemic at a time the Democrats were still trying to impeach him.
    I don't think impeachment proceedings should be grounds for credit.
    [*]During this, and in the last week, Schiff and Pelosi have said they are convening a committee with a view to investigating the President's actions and if he can be impeached again over his response to this pandemic.
    It's a bit early for that tbh. Focus should be on the situation, let the aftermath be the aftermath.
    It was only a matter of time before the blame game started in most countries but President Trump has had to suffer it before the pandemic, during it and guaranteed he will suffer it after its all over.
    THe blame game will happen every where. Leo, Boris, Donald. They'll all be put under a microscope.
    If any of they was reckless they should be made to suffer ramifications, imo.
    The problem with the blame game is no one is immune (no pun intended). All parties have a hand in failings of the system, but in this case President Trump is not only working against a largely left leaning media that does not like him, but a Democratic party that has hated him from day one and will always take the opposing view on any topic ( i mean they defended the Iranian terrorist parading as a General President Trump blew up).
    One half of the media leans left and criticise him, one half leans right and supports him regardless. The sheep feed ooff what ever side they lean.

What I'm saying is, why can't see adopt some critical thought instead of regurgitated the media nonsense. The American plebs are lost. But I don't see the point in following them to that level.
    The World Health Organisation's current President is of seriously questionable ethics and nature. Not just now but over his entire career. There is documented evidence and reports of his failings and agenda, coupled with his backing from and to China. So why is a man of that calibre, who LIED, not questioned or held to account.

He should be held accountable. I doubt most people knew anything about him prior to this.

As a general rule, any information that "suddenly comes to light", and has political implications, should be held to more scrutiny not swallowed blindly.
    Lastly so what about America. No offence to our brothers and sisters in the states, but i'm more concerned about our own country, our own government and the lack of action here.
    I agree. I'm concerned about my personal situation.
    I don't get the worlds obsession with the POTUS. Yet, as this thread any every other proves. People know an awful lot about what's going on over the pond. Whether that's due to actively looking, or passively seeing it everywhere. I don't know.

All things considered. The Irish response has been significantly better than others (look at the UK). You can't please everyone. They give out aid. And critics complain about the payback. They, and critics complain the do too little.

The average Joe doesn't seem to understand that government aid isn't free.

Then look at testing. We're told that you have to show symptoms, get a referral letter from your GP, and then wait on a list for your test which can take from 5 to 14 days. 40,000 people signed up to be tested and then the list was deleted/lost and had to be started over again. In other countries they're committing to testing up to 100,000 PER DAY, but in Ireland they're waiting for a few more week before compiling their list, and then maybe you'll be tested if you have all the previously listed criteria.
    The capacity is the capacity. If they said everyone who wants a test gets a test, then can still only do the same number of tests per day. They'd simply have a bigger backlog, and detect a lower number of cases. The amount of cases out there wouldn't change.
    The idea the wider criteria allows them to test more is very odd.

Other countries are significantly bigger that Ireland. I shouldn't have to point that out. Comparing total tests per day is really silly.

Ireland has done 8600 tests per 1m
    USA 6600
    UK 4100
    Australia 12000
    Germany 15000
    Tents on the Quays that appear to be sitting idle, delays in lockdowns, buying PPE from the country of origin of this whole pandemic CHINA, which eventually arrives and is useless, and we go buy more form the same people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean come on ta f**k.
    Where should they have bought it from? Please tell me. I was under the impression that china was the option turned to after European resourses were exhausted and demand greatly exceed capacity.
    Criticising an action without providing an alternative is a waste of time.

The world outsourced manufacture to China decades ago, so goods would cheap. Are you actually surprised that cheap goods are made cheaply made. You reap what you sow.
    You talk about an agenda, and you did say agenda, but what of the agenda of those spreading the Chinese lies/propaganda? The last four or five viruses have all started in China, including this one, and the only thing the left wing media can ask is "do you not think it's racist to call it the chinese virus?".

Jesus wept.
    You take issue with the fact that I said people have an agenda. Yet, you just pointed out there's a chinese propaganda agenda. :confused: You realise that backs up my point, not counters it. Jesus wept indeed.

I don't know what the last 4/5 virus from China you are referring to. As you asked earlier. Please be specific in your responses, as throwaway terms makes me have to ask what you are talking about?

The recent epidemics that spring to mind for me would be Zika (Americas). MERS (Middles East) Swine Fle (Mexico). And of the repeated mutated mumps outbreaks (USA, Europe).

As for the "Chinese Virus". It's quite possible that it will be know as the, casually at least. I somebody could use it without tending to be racist. Nobody takes issue with the name Spanish flu n the media. But it's also possible for a person to use that name specifically to be racist.
    I think the smart move is to sidestep the whole issue and use official names in official correspondence. Which is what most people (from government to small business) are doing.

Finally, thanks for the through reply. I think you've misunderstood some of my previous comments, and are approach the reply very strongly from one "side". But I appreciate the effort you put into that long post. Genuinely.

• Advertisement

He's a immunologist and microbiologist. Highly regarded, according to wiki. That's much more relevant to who health than a GP or surgeon. His appointment was intentional not a secret or scandal as you make out. If he has made errors here it has nothing to do with the fact he's not a GP. A GP wouldn't have a clue about pandemic viruses.

The WHO have very little power, those calls have to come form the governments of the world. Trump mess up badly, and is blaming the WHO and China instead of being honest. Can't believe people are buying it.

An immunologist and a microbiologist should recognize better than most the possibility of a pandemic, they should immediately recognize the communicability of Coronavirus and the overlap between SARS and SARS Covid-19 (Coronavirus).

Ghebreyesus showed no signs of the above. By delaying the declaration of a pandemic, by encouraging travel when he should have at least advised caution and his lack of scrutiny of Chinese info supplied to the WHO, he FAILED THE WORLD in what is the WHO’s main function - disease control.

WHO chief Ghebreyesus has a track record when it comes to covering up disease - here is a New York Times article from 2017 claiming that, while min for Health, he called cholera outbreaks in his home country "acute watery diarrhea"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/13/health/candidate-who-director-general-ethiopia-cholera-outbreaks.html

And as regards disease outbreaks other than Covid-19 in China recently, we have H1N1, SARS and if you include animals, currently there are epidemics of Swine 'Flu and several strains of Bird 'Flu, there are some examples for starters.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3086218/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92479/

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/health-wellness/article/3076667/bird-flu-spread-china-closely-linked-poultry-trade-study

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siminamistreanu/2019/12/28/chinas-swine-fever-crisis-will-impact-global-trade-well-into-2020/

An immunologist and a microbiologist should recognize better than most the possibility of a pandemic, they should immediately recognize the communicability of Coronavirus and the overlap between SARS and SARS Covid-19 (Coronavirus).
    We've known about coronaviruses for decades. Their are a large reservoir of viruses in bats. We can't possible know how communicable they might iif they spill into humans. But there no chance that he was ignorant to the risk of a human born strain.

Ghebreyesus showed no signs of the above. By delaying the declaration of a pandemic, by encouraging travel when he should have at least advised caution and his lack of scrutiny of Chinese info supplied to the WHO, he FAILED THE WORLD in what is the WHO’s main function - disease control.
    They declared it a global emergency in January and a pandemic in march. What are you think would have been different in it was declared a pandemic in Feb? what would the US, the UK , Ireland or Italy have done differently?

Can you show me where they encouraged travel. Wasn't aware of that. Seem unnecessary and reckless.

I did see they voiced the opinion the travel bans are not effective.
    Consider the US implemented the first ban in jan, and had only 15 cases 3 weeks later, but now are closing in on half a million, imposing a travel ban and going about your life doesn't appear to be effective.

I'm calling it a flattened curve - it's simply my opinion - the only problem I can see with my opinion is the rate of testing.

People on here were saying the same thing last week at 200 cases.

Going to split this for ease of reading. I've also removed irrelevant bits of the reply as the subject matter was not important enough to me to reply to and it was causing the post to be way longer.

Yes. Referring to people online/twitter who clearly have an agenda to push,......... I wasn't referring to you personally.

If you want to think that includes you, that's your interpretation of course.
    Then perhaps being more specific or elaborating in your post would help remove any doubt.
    I literally quoted the post in question. And dressed it directly.
    How is that not specific? I'll repost for you.
    You claim it wasn't overnight then immediately say you don't trust the Chinese numbers. So you either buy into their propaganda or you don't. Pick a side.
    I don't know what TDS is. But Ok.
    Trump Derangement Syndrome. People who hate President Trump because everyone else does. Usually they have bought into everything told to them by a leftist media or because they're too ignorant to educate themselves. Otherwise known as sheep.
    You are asking me to list all of Donald Trumps contradictory statements.
    I don't think that's necessary. You couldn't be denying that it has happened.
    Of course its necessary. You made accusations he has failed, but like all leftist arguments refuse to engage in debate and prove your point. If you cannot or will not provide the evidence then it's an opinion and they're like a**eholes, everyone has one.
    Nobody is immune from making statements. Especially when it comes to policy decided by multiple people.
    "immune from making statements"? That makes no sense.
    I'm talking about playing down the threat of COVID, saying it will be over by easter, disagreeing publicly with official actions, etc. These are his actions and he is solely responsible for what he says.
    He didn't say it would be over by Easter he said:
    "We'll only do it if it's good. I just thought it was a beautiful time. I would love to have the country, opened up and just raring to go by Easter,"
    Terrible decision. But I don't see the relevance to anything I said.
    It delayed relief payments, stimulus packages and vital monies for nearly three weeks. It was also an opportunity to for the Democrats to surreptitiously get funding for things that on any other day President Trump would have dismissed or vetoed. A highly political act in a time of desperation.
    At that point there was no confirmed P2P cases. Not confirmed doesn't means it doesn't happen. Basic enough. A number of unconfirmed CV theories will turn out to be true.
    WRONG.

The message was not from the WHO directly, but them [WHO] citing a chinese authority. IOW the WHO had no proof and according to other sources the Chinese knew weeks before (as early as DEcember) that P2P transmission was not only possible but happening. WHO relied on information from a Country famous for their propaganda and media manipulation.
    P2P transfer was confirmed a week later in January. Trump's downplaying continued into March. That excuse doesn't hold up to any scrutiny.
    So President Trump, up and into March, continued to say P2P was not possible?
    The US health system is driven by capitalism and private industry. It's a bit of a joke compared to other developed countries.
    Yeah, alright. Calm down there "bernie".
    But why wouldn't he send aid? A major US city, affect extremely badly. THe fact the governor is a democrat shouldn't be a factor in helping US citizens.
    Why wouldn't who send help? Trump? Did you read my post at all. I just said that Trump sent aid and a naval medical ship, the "Comfort", and Governor Cuomo even thanked Trump for his aid and response.

But again, I don't see the relevant. You seem to assume that because I criticised Trump I'm suggesting that nobody else has faulted.
    Relevance?

You criticise President Trump and lay all the blame at his feet when at every turn he has been met with partisan blackades, refusal to help, a media that is hyper sensationalising this pandemic for political reasons, and accusations based on picking apart every syllable of every word instead of just pulling together and working to get the country fixed.
    It's a bit early for that tbh. Focus should be on the situation, let the aftermath be the aftermath.
    Now you see what President Trump has to deal with. Trying to manage a pandemic, and the opposition is not only refusing to help, but trying to make hay, and take his job, not mention label him as a criminal in his actions.
    One half of the media leans left and criticise him, one half leans right and supports him regardless.
    No it doesn't.

In America, as we're talking about Trump, the majority of news stations are owned by larger ones and when its all boiled down it's seven major networks. 6 of which are left leaning or with direct ties to the Democratic party. So it's not 50/50.
    What I'm saying is, why can't see adopt some critical thought instead of regurgitated the media nonsense. The American plebs are lost. But I don't see the point in following them to that level.
    I am not some Trump groupie. The man shouldn't be allowed near a microphone at times, and kept off Twitter, but its not my circus, not my Monkey.

I admire Trump for his lack of political ethicacy, which sometimes means he puts his foot in it. However if he has achieved what he has, before this pandemic, without the help of the all Democrats and even some republicans imagine what he could have done with some more support. Now i'm not talking about Democrats putting aside their views, principles and morals (if some even have them), but i'm talking about politicians working with him because its good for the country and not opposing him simply because he won an election he shouldn't have.
    He should be held accountable. I doubt most people knew anything about him prior to this.
    But he won't be. As for not knowing him, we shouldn't have to. If he is doing his job correctly we wouldn't know his name, but he dropped the ball so badly, and his ties to China and his record in Ethiopia has shun a light on him and his fitness to hold the position he has.
    I don't get the worlds obsession with the POTUS. Yet, as this thread any every other proves. People know an awful lot about what's going on over the pond. Whether that's due to actively looking, or passively seeing it everywhere. I don't know.
    You mentioned him first by liking my comment to a Donald Trump approach. Which means he is on your mind, and it's getting to the point where its no longer Godwin's law, but Trump's law.
    Criticising an action without providing an alternative is a waste of time.
    Yeah, cos i'm so busy right now. :rolleyes:

I fail to see how my opinion on an alternative is relevant because once again, i'm a middle aged guy from the sticks and not involved in the decision making process.
    You take issue with the fact that I said people have an agenda. Yet, you just pointed out there's a chinese propaganda agenda. :confused: You realise that backs up my point, not counters it. Jesus wept indeed.
    You're obviously not able to follow my reasoning so i'll speak slower for you.

You denied saying there was an agenda yet accused me of having an agenda. Then when i questioned you on it you say you meant others but did not relay that in your post so i told you to be more specific when replying.

The agenda of China is clear enough. They intend to blame everyone else for this virus, which they have done, and try to deflect any blame from them by using people they have put into positions of power, such as the head of the WHO.

Now show me who has an agenda against China, why, and how that agenda takes shape.
    As you asked earlier. Please be specific in your responses, as throwaway terms makes me have to ask what you are talking about?
    Ooooh, so close, but you used that at the utter wrong time in an attempt to be smart. My use of that phrase came when you said "Stuff", which is too generic to be replied to in any sort of specific way. Still, well done for trying.

I think the smart move is to sidestep the whole issue and use official names in official correspondence. Which is what most people (from government to small business) are doing.
    So alter your ability to speak freely to avoid risking upsetting some people?

Speech police, in other words. Eh, no thanks.
    Finally, thanks for the through reply.
    Thorough?
    I think you've misunderstood some of my previous comments,
    Got that bit, but:
    ...... and are approach the reply very strongly from one "side".
    WHAT? Are you saying we're approaching this from different sides?

Anti-vaxers are far more of a risk to public health than Bill Gates.
    Microchips FFS

Hello???https://newspunch.com/bill-gates-coronavirus-means-need-digital-certificates-prove-who-received-vaccine/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2020/03/18/bill-gates-calls-for-national-tracking-system-for-coronavirus-during-reddit-ama/

So if we can micro chip our dogs,whats not to say your vaccineinfo couldnt be put on an injectable micro chip"for your convience" AKA "you get it done,or forget any sort of international travel,as we will have readers at every border crossing in the EUand US !"into your body? Statists FFS!!

We've known about coronaviruses for decades. Their are a large reservoir of viruses in bats. We can't possible know how communicable they might iif they spill into humans. But there no chance that he was ignorant to the risk of a human born strain.

They declared it a global emergency in January and a pandemic in march. What are you think would have been different in it was declared a pandemic in Feb? what would the US, the UK , Ireland or Italy have done differently?

Can you show me where they encouraged travel. Wasn't aware of that. Seem unnecessary and reckless.

I did see they voiced the opinion the travel bans are not effective.
    Consider the US implemented the first ban in jan, and had only 15 cases 3 weeks later, but now are closing in on half a million, imposing a travel ban and going about your life doesn't appear to be effective.

People on here were saying the same thing last week at 200 cases.

First point doesn't make sense to me, sorry.

A declared pandemic is not the same as a declared global emergency. Countries would have been alerted to put their pandemic strategic plans into action. Maybe we would have got some PPE into the country earlier, like around the time China was sending expat businessmen around Australia buying tonnes of gloves, masks and gowns and shipping them back on private chartered fights?

WRT travel - Feb 3 " GENEVA (Reuters) - World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Monday there was no need for measures that “unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade” "

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-who/who-chief-says-widespread-travel-bans-not-needed-to-beat-china-virus-idUSKBN1ZX1H3

I don't understand your last point, sorry.

You criticise President Trump and lay all the blame at his feet ..
    My first post never mentioned Trump.
    But I blame Trump for his mistakes, more no less.
    In America, as we're talking about Trump, the majority of news stations are owned by larger ones and when its all boiled down it's seven major networks. 6 of which are left leaning or with direct ties to the Democratic party. So it's not 50/50.
    There’s more than 1 right wing media network.
    I admire Trump for his lack of political ethicacy, which sometimes means he puts his foot in it.
    Yes, he does. Repeatedly over the last while. Ab when he does, he has to wear it. We can’t just shrug and say “ That’s Trump”
    You mentioned him first by liking my comment to a Donald Trump approach. Which means he is on your mind,
    I described the blatant lie at Trump tactics. Made no reference to US politics. I’ll change that to “fake news” if you rather. Point remains.

You asked me to point out the lie I referred to. I did. Sidestepping that one a bit.
    I fail to see how my opinion on an alternative is relevant because once again,
    Because if there is no alternative the criticism is baseless. I refuse to believe that’s beyond your grasp tbh.

You denied saying there was an agenda yet accused me of having an agenda. Then when i questioned you on it you say you meant others but did not relay that in your post so i told you to be more specific when replying.
    I denied saying you, personally have an agenda.
    I’ll explained, slowly for the guy from the sticks.
    People online have an agenda, on both sides. They twist facts and regurgitate nonsense, that they know is nonsense, to further that agenda. These people are the dregs if society.
    You had a lie in your post. Fact.
    I pulled you up on it because I don’t think we should lower ourself to the level of the dregs. Clear?
    The agenda of China is clear enough. They intend to blame everyone else for this virus, which they have done, and try to deflect any blame from them by using people they have put into positions of power, such as the head of the WHO.
    Yes, China are definitely not being genuine. I said that in my first post.
    America are also focusing on blame over responsibility.
    Ooooh, so close, but you used that at the utter wrong time in an attempt to be smart. My use of that phrase came when you said "Stuff", which is too generic to be replied to in any sort of specific way. Still, well done for trying.
    Lol, nice try. You said 4 or 5 viruses. That’s pretty generic. I asked a simple question, be specific, but you dodged it? I think I that proves my point.
    So alter your ability to speak freely to avoid risking upsetting some people?

Speech police, in other words. Eh, no thanks.
    People should speak freely as much as they want. But I’d expect an reasonable person to know than free speach still has consequences. Especially when they are in the public eye.
    If somebody can’t recognise that, they have no business running a country, or a business.
    I mean that’s just basic stuff.
    WHAT? Are you saying we're approaching this from different sides?
    I just asked that we stick to the facts instead of exaggerating into the realm of lies. That’s a “side” you’re against?

First point doesn't make sense to me, sorry.
    No need to be sorry. Better to admit you don’t understand that pretend you do.
    A declared pandemic is not the same as a declared global emergency. Countries would have been alerted to put their pandemic strategic plans into action.
    Countries could do that regardless. They had all the same info as the WHO and the text of the world. By Feb the severity was clear. Blaming the pandemic status is really weak stuff. Time for responsibility not excuses.
    Maybe we would have got some PPE into the country earlier, like around the time China was sending expat businessmen around Australia buying tonnes of gloves, masks and gowns and shipping them back on private chartered fights?
    Link to this? Usually it’s plebs buying baby food.
    Businessmen? Chartered flights. That’s new time.
    WRT travel - Feb 3 " GENEVA (Reuters) - World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Monday there was no need for measures that “unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade” "

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-who/who-chief-says-widespread-travel-bans-not-needed-to-beat-china-virus-idUSKBN1ZX1H3
    Saying travel bans aren’t necessary or effective, isnt the same as encouraging travel.
    I don't understand your last point, sorry.
    If you don’t understand, that’s perfectly ok. America was advised its measures were not effective. 3 weeks later case are still as 15. 1 month later, 500,000. That’s the definition of not effective.

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Hello???https://newspunch.com/bill-gates-coronavirus-means-need-digital-certificates-prove-who-received-vaccine/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2020/03/18/bill-gates-calls-for-national-tracking-system-for-coronavirus-during-reddit-ama/

So if we can micro chip our dogs,whats not to say your vaccineinfo couldnt be put on an injectable micro chip"for your convience" AKA "you get it done,or forget any sort of international travel,as we will have readers at every border crossing in the EUand US !"into your body? Statists FFS!!

Grizzly, I’ve enjoyed your posts for years (over a decade now). I consider you a wealth of knowledge on firearms.
    We chip dogs, obviously we have could chip any mammal, including people.

But the idea that the government could chip people without their knowledge or against their will is insane. Flat earth believer category. I’m just not going to get into that one or the anti-vax topic. Not worth it.

Advertisement