Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Byredo - Pulp: if anyone is considering this, now is the time to jump as it's inching closer to viability and I'll order it this weekend if another slot or two go. This is a red fruit monster - and I choose my words carefully as this isn't a standard 'fruity' fragrance, rather than one that literally smells like a bunch of mushed up mixed fruit pulp (hence the name presumably!). Summer wear is a given but I reckon this has the chops to see you through Autumn too - indeed some say it's at its best then. Longevity is generally regarded as very good. I got a sample of this recently and was immediately blown away from first sniff - never smelt anything like it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭wetlandsboy

Byredo - Pulp: if anyone is considering this, now is the time to jump as it's inching closer to viability and I'll order it this weekend if another slot or two go. This is a red fruit monster - and I choose my words carefully as this isn't a standard 'fruity' fragrance, rather than one that literally smells like a bunch of mushed up mixed fruit pulp (hence the name presumably!). Summer wear is a given but I reckon this has the chops to see you through Autumn too - indeed some say it's at its best then. Longevity is generally regarded as very good. I got a sample of this recently and was immediately blown away from first sniff - never smelt anything like it before.

Hi Pat,
    Put me down for 50ml, please.
    Cheers!

Ok that's the Pulp done I think - may have 10ml left, must check.

I'm out of the country until tomorrow evening, so please excuse any delayed responses to messages!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Hi all, maybe not right place to post this but seeing as some of ye might have Tom Ford...

I tried a sample of Tuscan Leather in a shop recently and liked it, so bought a 50ml. But now it smells a little different to the sample. It basically smells like cigarettes.

Did I get a bad batch, or is this a pretty accurate description of how it's supposed to smell?

The batch number is A77

mrcheez wrote: »
    Hi all, maybe not right place to post this but seeing as some of ye might have Tom Ford...

I tried a sample of Tuscan Leather in a shop recently and liked it, so bought a 50ml. But now it smells a little different to the sample. It basically smells like cigarettes.

Did I get a bad batch, or is this a pretty accurate description of how it's supposed to smell?

The batch number is A77

I'd normally expect it to smell very ashy to the wearer after the initial blast of leather so sounds ok. In my experience, those around the wearer get more of the leather after the first hour or so.

• Advertisement

I'd normally expect it to smell very ashy to the wearer after the initial blast of leather so sounds ok. In my experience, those around the wearer get more of the leather after the first hour or so.

When I tried the sample I also had a spray of Tobacco Vanille on my wrist and I think the combo might have sweetened the overall sillage I was getting as I didn't realise it was so musky.

I'll probably just need to get a Tobacco Vanille and spray the 2 together as each on their own are a bit on the extreme end... TV very sweet, TL very musky, but combined they form a perfect blend.

Tom Ford is a marketing genius, forcing us to buy 2 fragrances :D

When I tried the sample I also had a spray of Tobacco Vanille on my wrist and I think the combo might have sweetened the overall silage I was getting as I didn't realise it was so musky.

I'll probably just need to get a Tobacco Vanille and spray the 2 together as each on their own are a bit on the extreme end... TV very sweet, TL very musky, but combined they form a perfect blend.

That's funny - I actually think a spray or two of both at the same time works very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭mrm

When I tried the sample I also had a spray of Tobacco Vanille on my wrist and I think the combo might have sweetened the overall sillage I was getting as I didn't realise it was so musky.

The Private Blend range - does what it says on the tin (if the tin says 'empty my bank account').

https://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=161353&show=all

Tuscan Leather is a very enjoyable fragrance to try to find suitable layering partners - smokey vetivers work for me.

I have some Arabian oud perfumes I picked up in Dubai (not brands... these are essentially pure-Arabian bottles with ott gold decoration etc), so I'll try a spray of one of these with TL before I splash out on a bottle of something else.

But handy to know the Tom Ford priv lines are intended to be blended if using solo doesn't suit.

Maybe I can get a cheaper bottle of Tobacco Vanille off this thread later if I need? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Ok that's the Pulp done I think - may have 10ml left, must check.

I'm out of the country until tomorrow evening, so please excuse any delayed responses to messages!

If you have 10ml left I'll take it. First time so let me know what to do if it's available! Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

@Pat

Any Terre D'Hermes available?
    Or coming soon?

This is it wrote: »
    If you have 10ml left I'll take it. First time so let me know what to do if it's available! Cheers!

All gone I'm afraid!
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Any Terre D'Hermes available?
    Or coming soon?
    Nothing at the moment. No firm plans but it's one I always have my eye out for an offer on so it could appear at any stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Have you gotten your honker on the new Aventus Cologne?
    Supposed to be Aventusy, but with added vetiver for extra freshness.

If you go for it, throw me down for a 50ml split in original bottle! ;)

Soarer wrote: »
    Have you gotten your honker on the new Aventus Cologne?
    Supposed to be Aventusy, but with added vetiver for extra freshness.

If you go for it, throw me down for a 50ml split in original bottle! ;)

No, not had the pleasure, although I hear it's essentially a completely different fragrance. Out in a couple of weeks. I'll definitely be doing it although when remains to be seen. Going by previous releases I'd expect this will only be released in the smaller bottles first, and flacons (if they do them) later. Splits from a 100ml bottle won't work out cheap at all I'd imagine.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

No, not had the pleasure, although I hear it's essentially a completely different fragrance. Out in a couple of weeks. I'll definitely be doing it although when remains to be seen. Going by previous releases I'd expect this will only be released in the smaller bottles first, and flacons (if they do them) later. Splits from a 100ml bottle won't work out cheap at all I'd imagine.....

Which is why I got my retaliation in first! ;)

First splits of Tom Ford's new Beau de Jour going out tomorrow - enjoy it, it's really good stuff, very suave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Thanks for another great split, Pat. I've gotten loads of compliments on the Penhaligons Castille already - my wife in particular is a big big fan. It's a cracker for the sunny weather, reminds her of holidays in Spain :cool:

Thanks for another great split, Pat. I've gotten loads of compliments on the Penhaligons Castille already - my wife in particular is a big big fan. It's a cracker for the sunny weather, reminds her of holidays in Spain :cool:

Yip, Castile is a belter alright! Big fan myself.

Aventus Cologne
    Creed_AVENTUS_COLOGNE_M_001.JPG

It's almost here!

Yes, the new 'flanker' to Creed's masculine titan Aventus is almost upon us - release date is June 1st. This is apparently a fresher, more modern take on the original. Here's what Creed have to say:

"The House of Creed is proud to introduce Aventus Cologne - a new legend that perfectly complements its acclaimed forerunner, Aventus. Perfect for the daring, urban-spirited man, this Eau de Parfum is inspired by a classic uplifting cologne; revitalising the wearer with alluring fresh vigour. A fruity yet aromatic burst of ginger, mandarin and pink peppercorn is complemented by a sumptuous heart of patchouli, sandalwood and vetiver. A leathery balsamic base of styrax, birch, musk and tonka provides the final touch to this vibrant new scent. A cult classic with a rebellious modern twist, Aventus Cologne embodies vitality, success, true grit and style."

"“With Aventus Cologne, I was inspired to create a new legend—a fresher, modern complement that would provide an olfactive experience entirely of its own.
    —Olivier Creed, Master Perfumer.

As you can imagine, particularly given this is Creed's first masculine flanker, the hype is strong with this one. Does anyone doubt it'll be anything other than very good? The very few apparently genuine reviews I've seen indicate it's a good 'un. I think the name sucks TBH, especially as 'cologne' is used ubiquitously as a term for male fragrances in the US. Note this is still a full Eau de Parfum strength.

So, Padraig - are you getting some of this juicy goodness for the square jawed men of tGC? Of course I am! I have a couple of 100ml bottles pre-ordered directly with Creed for delivery ASAP after the release date. Naturally this means paying through the nose (plus, they charged me twice!) so price is a little saucy but that's to be expected with a new release hot item. I do expect / hope to be able to get 100ml bottles for less down the line (could be a few weeks, could be a few months - I don't know) and, if larger volume flacons become available (not guaranteed), prices will be cheaper again but if / when that comes to pass is crystal ball territory.

So, if you want to get your hands on 'the new Aventus' before anyone else and get 'first ever batch' bragging rights, break out that wallet! 10ml price is significantly cheaper than the only other split (UK) of it I'm aware of BTW.

Creed - new Aventus Cologne
    €29.50 for 10ml, €88 for 30ml, or €145 for 50ml in original 100ml bottle (one only).
    Usual shipping charges. Delivery expected week beginning 3rd June. If demand exceeds supply I may alter volumes - specifically I may drop 50ml slots to 30ml (at proportionally lower price, and still in original bottle) to give a few more folks a chance at 10ml.

I also have the following available in hand as of 16/5/2019:

Acqua di Parma - Colonia EdC: a few 30ml left @ €30 each.
    Armani Prive - Vetiver d'Hiver: a few 25ml left @ €37.50 each.
    Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Eau des Lagons: two 10ml left @ €10.50 each.
    Creed - Aventus: several 50ml left @ €81 each.
    Creed - Aventus for Her: three 50ml left @ €93 each.
    Escentric Molecules - Molecule 01: plenty left @ €13 / 36 / 51 for 10 / 30 / 50ml. 50ml in original 100ml bottle + box.
    Frapin - L'Humaniste: plenty left @ €18.50 / 50.50 / 73 for 10 / 30/ 50ml. 50ml in original 100ml bottle and box
    Guerlain - Herba Fresca: 35ml left @ €13.50 / 33.50 for 10 / 25ml. 25ml in orignal 75ml bottle and box.
    Senteurs Gourmandes – Twin pack with 10ml each of Vanilla Noir and Incense Oud (both really good): three left @ €16 per pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'll take 30ml Pat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

I go for 30ml Pat also please and thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thewholehogge

Pat I’ll take 10ml of the creed Cologne thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭carq

you can add 10ml to my existing order pat .

That should be it and you can post once i have paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Ill take 30 ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

I'll also take a 10ml please Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

I'll take 10ml please

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

10ml of aventus cologne please

OK that's the Aventus Cologne all gone for the moment anyway! Again, I do expect to have it back later at lower cost, but I just don't know when that will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Another delivery received from Pat today with thanks. Packaged to perfection and received in tip top condition.

Thanks as always Pat!

I keep wondering what your decanting room must smell like? All these top shelf fragrances all in the mix together.

• Advertisement

giggsirish wrote: »

I keep wondering what your decanting room must smell like? All these top shelf fragrances all in the mix together.

The lab AKA my kitchen! Believe it or not you'd rarely get a smell, just when decanting and even that would be a lot less than you'd think.

Advertisement