Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Emailed you back re the Rive. Soleil Blanc.......probably not I'd say. I did a couple of bottles of the EdT version (Eau de Soleil Blanc) last summer so may have filled that gap for people. One fragrance I'll be listing for summer which may be of interest (with the VIW you're getting and the Soleil Blanc query I take it you're a fan of coconut!) is Coccobello by Heeley. It's only vaguely similar to those two, and perhaps gets a bit of bad press because people are expecting something along those lines - instead, Coccobello smells like an actual tropical island. Coconut is the obvious star of the show, but here it's much drier than many expect - not really sweet at all, with a backbone of palm leaf, salt and wood - as I said, the aroma of a genuine deserted tropical island

Yay, I already love the sound of it. If you do a split Pat, I'd definitely take a punt. I do like the salt and wood. Oh a huge fan of coconut :D and it would be nice to have something that wasn't a sweet one. Out of curiosity, have you heard anything about the new Guerlain Coconut Fizz?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Eyespy wrote: »
    Yay, I already love the sound of it. If you do a split Pat, I'd definitely take a punt. I do like the salt and wood. Oh a huge fan of coconut :D and it would be nice to have something that wasn't a sweet one. Out of curiosity, have you heard anything about the new Guerlain Coconut Fizz?

Thanks again

Haven't heard anything re it. I will be doing Guerlain's Herba Fresca for summer alright though - minty goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

king_of_inismac: no response to messages, no allocation in future splits.

I have the last 25ml of Atelier Cologne - Oud Saphir available again so folks.

Couldn't put anyone off this - its very nice and superb value. Long lasting also.

Would have it closer to the Memo leather frags (possibly Italian) more so than TF Tuscan Leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Slattsy wrote: »
    Couldn't put anyone off this - its very nice and superb value. Long lasting also.

Would have it closer to the Memo leather frags (possibly Italian) more so than TF Tuscan Leather.

That's good to hear - I should be getting the last of it from Pat.

Probably some other stuff too, because why not?

I have the following available in hand as of 8/4/2019:

Creed - Aventus: good few 50ml bottles left @ €81.
    Creed - Aventus for Her: ~ five 50ml bottles left @ €93.
    Creed - Cedre Blanc: 40ml left @ €17.50/10ml, or €47.50/30ml.
    Amouage - Myths: Last 10ml left @ €26.
    Amouage - Lyric: 40ml available @ €22.50 / 63.40 reduced to €20 / €55 for 10 / 30ml.
    The Different Company - Sel de Vetiver: 80ml left @ €15.50 / 44.50 / 62 for 10 / 30 / 50ml. 50ml in high quality crystal bottle and box.
    Senteurs Gourmandes - double pack, 2 x 10ml each of Vanilla Noire & Incense Oud: good few left @ €16 for 2 x 10ml (awesome value for two good scents BTW).
    Tom Ford - Neroli Portofino Forte: 50ml left @ €61/25ml, or €111/50ml.
    Lalique - Zamak: 30ml left @ €14.50/10ml, or €39/30ml.

I'll be emailing people a new list of summer stuff late this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Can you put me down for the 10mls of both the Amouage please

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Another super delivery today Pat. Top class packaging as per usual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Hi Pat - Please can you put me down for 1 * 50ml Creed - Aventus

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭carq

On a tangent here

What are peoples setups to store their collections.
    Ming is getting a little out of hand so need to come up with adesk / something to store them all.
    Anyone have pic of their collestions ?

carq wrote: »
    On a tangent here

What are peoples setups to store their collections.
    Ming is getting a little out of hand so need to come up with adesk / something to store them all.
    Anyone have pic of their collestions ?

I keep most of my own personal stuff in a rather appropriate box.......

477593.jpg

This allows me to keep my bottles nice and neat.

477594.jpg

Whoops! :o

Have other bottles in assorted corners. I do have a 'display' of sorts on a kitchen counter of empty Creed and Tom Ford decanters but it's rather lost behind a mound of clutter at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

I keep most of my own personal stuff in a rather appropriate box.......

477593.jpg

This allows me to keep my bottles nice and neat.

477594.jpg

Whoops! :o

Have other bottles in assorted corners. I do have a 'display' of sorts on a kitchen counter of empty Creed and Tom Ford decanters but it's rather lost behind a mound of clutter at this stage!

Jesus Pat....my collection of your juices is bigger than your own! :P

Erik Shun wrote: »

There's more than there looks to be - there's the equivalent of a couple of layers there, you just can't see them under all the bags of samples! Boxed bottles are elsewhere.

There's more than there looks to be - there's the equivalent of a couple of layers there, you just can't see them under all the bags of samples! Boxed bottles are elsewhere.

I knew you were holding out on us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Erik Shun wrote: »

What you don’t realise is that it’s an Ariel photograph and that box is actually a shipping container ;)

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What you don’t realise is that it’s an Ariel photograph and that box is actually a shipping container ;)

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I have mine on the bathroom shelf and the bigger original bottles in boxes which I got from pat are kept in wardrobe.

I read that the frags will evaporate on a shelf and exposed to heat/light, is that true or nonsense?

I was thinking of putting up a cabinet in the bathroom for them. Something like this

kzV4x7G.jpg

Or maybe I'll just store in bedside locker drawer :)

I read that the frags will evaporate on a shelf and exposed to heat/light, is that true or nonsense?
    They will degrade quicker if left constantly exposed to strong light / heat. However, I would imagine it's an incremental thing really and you'd want to go out of your way to wreck a fragrance quickly.

Some updates and a new split:

At the Barber's: I've ordered three bottles of this but supplier only had two. They've sent these and will send the other when it arrives. Looking forward to sniffing it! I have some slots available on that last bottle at €14.50 / 10ml or €40.50 / 30ml.

Virgin Island Water: i'm going to go ahead with a second split of this due to the interest - payment requests incoming. I still have four 50ml bottles available @ €77 each.

**New split**

Mancera - Cedrat Boise *in hand*
    375x500.15211.jpg
    This is perhaps Mancera's best known fragrance, even though it's atypical for them. Rather than an aoud-y beast, this is a much fruitier and woodier affair. It is of course best known as an 'Aventus clone' - this does it a disservice though in that (i) Mancera have never pushed it as such IIRC and (ii) the drydown on this is much woodier than Aventus, and also is more blackcurrant forward than the Creed's pineapple. Having said that though, there is no doubt that the opening bears a significant resemblance to that of Aventus, albeit thicker and 'jammier'. Rates very highly on Fragrantica, at 4.27/5.

I got a scorching deal on a bottle of this so price is a bargain €13 / 10ml, €35 / 30ml, or €54 for 60ml in the original 120ml bottle and box (for contrast, I split this two years ago at €20/43/65 for the same volumes). One bottle only, in hand, ready for shipping with the next batch of deliveries.

€13/10ml, €35/30ml, or €54/60ml. 60ml portion comes in original 120ml bottle and box.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

They will degrade quicker if left constantly exposed to strong light / heat. However, I would imagine it's an incremental thing really and you'd want to go out of your way to wreck a fragrance quickly.

Some updates and a new split:

At the Barber's: I've ordered three bottles of this but supplier only had two. They've sent these and will send the other when it arrives. Looking forward to sniffing it! I have some slots available on that last bottle at €14.50 / 10ml or €40.50 / 30ml.

Virgin Island Water: i'm going to go ahead with a second split of this due to the interest - payment requests incoming. I still have four 50ml bottles available @ €77 each.

**New split**

Mancera - Cedrat Boise *in hand*
    375x500.15211.jpg
    This is perhaps Mancera's best known fragrance, even though it's atypical for them. Rather than an aoud-y beast, this is a much fruitier and woodier affair. It is of course best known as an 'Aventus clone' - this does it a disservice though in that (i) Mancera have never pushed it as such IIRC and (ii) the drydown on this is much woodier than Aventus, and also is more blackcurrant forward than the Creed's pineapple. Having said that though, there is no doubt that the opening bears a significant resemblance to that of Aventus, albeit thicker and 'jammier'. Rates very highly on Fragrantica, at 4.27/5.

I got a scorching deal on a bottle of this so price is a bargain €13 / 10ml, €35 / 30ml, or €54 for 60ml in the original 120ml bottle and box (for contrast, I split this two years ago at €20/43/65 for the same volumes). One bottle only, in hand, ready for shipping with the next batch of deliveries.

€13/10ml, €35/30ml, or €54/60ml. 60ml portion comes in original 120ml bottle and box.

ill take the 60ml of that pat and 10ml of at the barbers.

10ml of At the Barber's left if my mental maths is correct, and 20ml of Cedrat Boise.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Stick me down for 30ml 20ml of Mancera - Cedrat Boise please Pat.....can't resist the Mancera call :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

I'll take:
    Mancera - Cedrat Boise × 10ml
    At the Barber's x 30ml (edit: sorry just saw theres only 10ml left)
    Creed - Aventus x 50ml

If still available. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

Hi Padraig

I'll take a 50ml of Aventus if you still have some to hand?

Thanks

Denis

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Hi Pat,

Just received my package thanks a million. The bottles are gorgeous and packed so incredibly well. I'm absolutely stoked, can't wait to start wearing them both and hope to get more scents over the summer. You're the best!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Jester232

What's this thread about? Fragrance discussion or a vendor?

Thought being essentially a vendor wasn't allowed?

Anywho, picked up a bottle of essence in lidl for 5 quid. Very nice stuff. Went back and got another bottle in case they stop selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Jester232 wrote: »

Anywho, picked up a bottle of essence in lidl for 5 quid. Very nice stuff. Went back and got another bottle in case they stop selling it.

er wrong thread :P

Eyespy wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

Just received my package thanks a million. The bottles are gorgeous and packed so incredibly well. I'm absolutely stoked, can't wait to start wearing them both and hope to get more scents over the summer. You're the best!

Great stuff, enjoy Eyespy!

Jester232 wrote: »
    What's this thread about?

picked up a bottle of essence in lidl for 5 quid. Very nice stuff. Went back and got another bottle in case they stop selling it.

Fragrance collective group guys for Boards members and related discussions and ideas.

And if you like them, there's nowt wrong with Lidl or other cheap fragrances!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Jester232

Great stuff, enjoy Eyespy!

Fragrance collective group guys for Boards members and related discussions and ideas.

And if you like them, there's nowt wrong with Lidl or other cheap fragrances!

Cheers. Never knew what the word split meant. Still don't. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Essentially Pat is taking a big monetary hit up front for fragrances and splits the large volume down into basically sample size amounts.

It means people can try expensive fragrances they may not be able to without dropping a few hundred euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

giggsirish wrote: »
    Hi Pat - Please can you put me down for 1 * 50ml Creed - Aventus

1st order received. Great service Pat. Arrived in tip top shape and couldn’t be happier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 thewholehogge

Pat
    I’ll take 10ml of Mancera and 10ml of at the barbers
    Thanks

Advertisement