Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I have the following (mostly summery stuff) available in hand as of 31/5/2019:

Acqua di Parma - Colonia EdC: a few 30ml left @ €30 each.
    Iconic fresh cologne - very Mediterranean. Cheap too!

Armani Prive - Vetiver d'Hiver: a few 25ml left @ €37.50 each.
    Classy citrus from this high end Armani line.

Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Eau des Lagons: two 10ml left @ €10.50 each.
    Very nice spicy cactus.

Creed - Aventus: several 50ml left @ €81 each.
    Needs no introduction.

Creed - Aventus for Her: three 50ml left @ €93 each.
    Last of these until Christmas I'd say.

Escentric Molecules - Molecule 01: plenty 40ml left @ €13 / 36 for 10 / 30ml.
    Your chance to try this wildly popular cult hit.

Frapin - L'Humaniste: plenty left @ €18.50 / 50.50 / 73 for 10 / 30/ 50ml. 50ml in original 100ml bottle and box
    As arresting and as super versatile as Aventus, but not as well known.

Guerlain - Herba Fresca: Last 10ml left @ €13.50 for 10.
    Mint mint mint!

Senteurs Gourmandes – Twin pack with 10ml each of Vanilla Noir and Incense Oud: Just two left @ €16 per pair - you won't be seeing these again.
    Crazy good value for money for a pair of great frags.

Xerjoff - Nio: 30ml left at €41 / 10ml or €115 / 30ml. Given its reputation as the world's best citrus fragrance, I'm surprised this hasn't 'flown off the shelves' as this is an excellent price for it. 30ml portion comes in the extravagant original (to say the least) luxury 50ml packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Aventus Cologne landed here in work. Thanks Pat!

So have it on my hand about 15/20 minutes now. Its smell exactly like Chanel Allure Sport :(

I have it on today too. TBH like yesterday I mostly get a less dense Aventus - almost a 'summer Aventus'. After thinking it disappeared quickly initially it's come back strong. I like it I must say. I haven't smelt Chanel Allure Sport though so can't compare to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭carq

Slattsy wrote: »
    Aventus Cologne landed here in work. Thanks Pat!

So have it on my hand about 15/20 minutes now. Its smell exactly like Chanel Allure Sport :(

hmm thats not good!
    Mine is on the way and i already have chanel homme sport!

Will do a side by side test when it comes.

BTW I'm thinking of expanding the An Post shipping option to include 20ml plastic bottles. If anyone has any thoughts on that, just let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

BTW I'm thinking of expanding the An Post shipping option to include 20ml plastic bottles. If anyone has any thoughts on that, just let me know.

Great idea Pat. I'd probably take a punt on a few more blind buys if I had this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Great idea Pat. I'd probably take a punt on a few more blind buys if I had this option.

I would also be the same!! must say i much prefer the "new" 10ml bottles that are short rather then the big long ones as they always fall over.

Wife may go mental however have spent the weekend organizing my collection by scent,season and a bit of a excel data base....... 70 bottles in and still not done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Sorry, didn't get a chance to post on Friday... got my package as I arrived to work... impeccably wrapped as always (nearly threw my little OW away as there was so much styrofoam) must try it during the week and see how it compares to the original.

Hadn't tried At The Barbers before and I do like it... proper barbershop smell.
    The Aventus cologne....juts tried on my wrist for a few hours....it smells like Aventus... but a bit softer on the dry down...I don't get the Chanel allure that some of you are getting.
    Had gotten 10ml of the Tom Ford Beau de Jour from Pat last week...so went for the 30ml this time... really enjoying this...it just changes so much during the day.
    Thanks Pat, as always an excellent service without compare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Hi Pat,

Stick me down for an Acqua di Parma - Colonia EdC please!
    I'll hold off on postage for a little bit until I order one or two other pieces, can pay you now though.

I was looking for some aquatic type scents recently - anything like that coming up!?

Cheers!

I would also be the same!! must say i much prefer the "new" 10ml bottles that are short rather then the big long ones as they always fall over.

As in the glass vs plastic ones? TBH I actually prefer the plastic ones in some ways (although they ain't exactly pretty) as there's no chance of standing them up; glass ones can obviously but are very easily knocked down.....but hey, they save €3 on a split compared to the ones I used to use! Plastic bottles have beastly sprayers too.

• Advertisement

Naos wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

Stick me down for an Acqua di Parma - Colonia EdC please!
    I'll hold off on postage for a little bit until I order one or two other pieces, can pay you now though.

I was looking for some aquatic type scents recently - anything like that coming up!?

Cheers!

Sure. Colonia is a classic - surprised I still have a couple left after yours, I thought they's fly! Nothing overly aquatic coming up TBH - will email you a few bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

I'll take a Colonia and Comptoir Sud Pacifique Pat!

Testament1 wrote: »
    I'll take a Colonia and Comptoir Sud Pacifique Pat!

Cool. One bottle left for each of those now (Colonia 30ml @ €30, Eau des Lagons 10ml @ €10.50).

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Hi Pat , I’ll take the last of the Acqua di Parma - Colonia EdC Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I'll take a 50ml of aventus creed please pat.

First time order so let me know what's needed on my end mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 davidhand365

Hey Padraig,

Just wondering what 3 x 50mls of Aventus, with delivery to Dublin would cost?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭carq

Hey Padraig,

Cheers

€255.5 by my count

Hey Padraig,

Cheers
    carq wrote: »
    €255.5 by my count

carq's counting is correct! Will drop you a PM DH365.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AppleMacBoy

Hi Padraig,

Pretty new here on the boards.ie side of things as opposed to adverts.

What scents have you available in Creed to decant.

Do you have an exact list of all fragrances available to decant ?

Thanks

Hi Padraig,

Pretty new here on the boards.ie side of things as opposed to adverts.

What scents have you available in Creed to decant.

Do you have an exact list of all fragrances available to decant ?

Thanks

Will PM you.

• Advertisement

Xerjoff Nio arrived yesterday - or to give it its full title Xerjoff Shooting Stars: Nio. Well, it seems Xerjoff took the Shooting Stars bit quite literally - there's a piece of a flipping meteorite in the package (below)!

482172.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Split the meteorite!! Put me down for 10mg!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hey pat any aventus for her ?

Also would MFK Baccarat be happening the next few months ?

I must order something for myself as well :)

Hey pat any aventus for her ?

Also would MFK Baccarat be happening the next few months ?

I must order something for myself as well :)

Yip, have a small few 50ml Aventus for Her left @ €93. Already bottled.

Can't say for 100% yet, but I'll likely list MFK BR540 EdP in Autumn - will obviously need enough sign ups to go ahead.

Definitely order something for yourself - sure you're probably running low! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Can't say for 100% yet, but I'll likely list MFK BR540 EdP in Autumn - will obviously need enough sign ups to go ahead.

If it helps getting the ball rolling on this, stick me down for a split of baccarat rouge 540 please Pat (10ml or 15ml like the last split)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Hi Pat, any idea if you'll be getting portrait of a lady in again, the OH surprisingly really likes it! As for Soleil de Jeddah, wore it all day on Saturday and it's one of the best scents I've ever owned, the way it changes during the day, is phenomenal

Mc Love wrote: »
    Hi Pat, any idea if you'll be getting portrait of a lady in again, the OH surprisingly really likes it! As for Soleil de Jeddah, wore it all day on Saturday and it's one of the best scents I've ever owned, the way it changes during the day, is phenomenal

POAL.....doubtful TBH. The Soleil de Jeddah is certainly a powerhouse!

I have the following available in hand as of 10/6/2019 - mostly summery stuff, and a few random bits:

Armani Prive - Vetiver d'Hiver: a few 25ml left @ €37.50 each.
    Classy citrus from this high end Armani line.

Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Eau des Lagons: last 10ml left @ €10.50.
    Very nice spicy cactus.

Creed - Aventus: several 50ml left @ €81 each.
    Needs no introduction.

Creed - Aventus for Her: three last 50ml left @ €93.
    Last of these until Christmas I'd say.

Escentric Molecules - Molecule 01: plenty 40ml 30ml left @ €13 for 10ml.
    Your chance to try this wildly popular cult hit.

Frapin - L'Humaniste: plenty left @ €18.50 / 50.50 / 73 for 10 / 30/ 50ml. 50ml in original 100ml bottle and box
    As arresting and as super versatile as Aventus, but not as well known.

Guerlain - Herba Fresca: Last 10ml left @ €13.50 for 10.
    Mint mint mint!

Hermes - Terre d'Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver: last 10ml (plastic) @ €15.
    Didn't even realise I had another of these - the iconic TdH given a vetiver working over.

Houbigant - Fougere Royale: two last 10ml left @ €17.
    A male fragrance legend, the original Fougere Royale was the very first 'fougere' fragrance way back in 1882, and set the scene for modern perfumery. This 2010 re-release is hearty, green and spicy.

Lalique - Fleur Universelle: two last10ml (1 glass, 1 plastic) left @ €16.
    From Lalique's exclusive Noir Premier line. this is a heady concoction of cognac, pepper and honey. Masterfully blended, and ideal autumn / winter wear. Unisex, tending masculine.

Senteurs Gourmandes – Twin pack with 10ml each of Vanilla Noir and Incense Oud: Just two Last one left @ €16 per pair - you won't be seeing these again.
    Crazy good value for money for a pair of great frags.

Thierry Mugler - A*Men Pure Havane: one (plastic) 10ml left @ 11.50.
    Big tobacco done the designer way. Really good and seems set to be a future classic.

A quick focus on the Frapin......

Frapin - L'Humaniste
    frapin-lhumaniste-eau-de-parfum-for-men-100-ml___15.jpg

L'Humaniste is an aromatic - spicy fragrance opening with lemon, bergamot, cardamon, pink pepper and black pepper. The heart includes juniper berries, nutmeg, thyme and peony, while the base reveals gin, oak moss and tonka. To me, it's a very versatile peppery wood / citrus scent. I think it's in a similar 'zone' to Aventus, while not smelling particularly like it.

Reviews on this are great, and it has an average score of 4.4/5 on Fragrantica - right up there with the best. A few reviews:

"Very fresh and clean, 'young' and uplifting scent. Classy but easily wearable and summer appropriate".

"L'Humaniste is a great casual scent, but it also works when you want to get a little dressed up too, as the gin and tonic opening and spicy citrus notes have enough pizazz to present something that generally feels more special than ordinary".

"An amazing marvel of modern masculine perfumery, this radiant spicy citrus woody fougere is one reason to forget your much used bottle of Aventus.....unique, haunting, uplifting and revealing every note included in beautiful layer after layer, this is a safe and very appealing juice".

Available in hand @ €18.50 / 10ml, €50.50 / 30ml or €73 / 50ml. 50ml portion comes in the original 100ml bottle and box.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Are the molecule frapin and SD twin in plastic bottles? I would Happily try them

• Advertisement

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    Are the molecule frapin and SD twin in plastic bottles? I would Happily try them

Frapin and Senteurs will be bottled to order so plastic no problem. Molecule: I have 4 x 10ml bottled (as someone took the 50ml) - almost certain I have two each in plastic and glass. Will confirm later and get back to you.

Advertisement