Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Received another superb package from Pat again, bottles and smells are the business!

Loving all three, the Forte especially :)

If your doing the Virgin Island Water again Pat, put me down please and if possible, two 25ml bottles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Robson99 wrote: »
    Add my name to the list for Virgin Island Water as well Pat.
    Any interest in Silver Mountain Water?

I'll probably stick a new split of VIW in the summer list of stuff (due end April) so - have 4 names currently. SMW: no plans to do it, but I may have a line on a bottle for you - will check it out and get back to you.

Two possible splits - if interested, let me know here or by email!

Tom Ford - Rive d'Ambre. Well reviewed spring / summer citrus / amber. Would need a lot of sign ups, but price would be really good - under €80 / 50ml anyway (RRP €188). 50ml splits only.

Maison Margiela - At the Barber's. Price TBC, probably about €14 / 10ml. Few people have asked re this before.

Alright folks, I'm out the gap with work first thing in the morning headed for Romania; back late Friday night. I'll be checking in while I'm there, but please excuse any delayed responses to posts or emails in the interim!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭OldRio

Safe trip Pat. Its over 25 years since I was in Romania. Any hoots put me down for some Maison Margiela At the barbers. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Right, just a quick post....got my delivery from Pat last week...as always packaged tighter than a ducks arse... unwrapped my first bottle, the NP forte...and proceeded to drop it onto a tiled floor from a height of approx 4 feet.... heart stopped...and the bottle just bounced.... Pat, if that had been an original Ford bottle it would have broken, no doubt.... totally delighted!

Also got the Clive Christian "C" and this is a beautiful leather to start... but is so complex on the dry down...I get lemon and cinnamon, slightly spicy...it's lovely.

Plus...just looked at the little sample....oud saphir, nice,

If anyone is looking in here and wondering if Pat's juices are worth going for...I assure you they are...I've been dealing with him for nearly 2 years now and both the product and service are first class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm down for At The Barbers, I'm almost out of my current bottle!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

I'm down for At The Barbers, I'm almost out of my current bottle!

Also me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Tom Ford - Rive d'Ambre. Well reviewed spring / summer citrus / amber. Would need a lot of sign ups, but price would be really good - under €80 / 50ml anyway (RRP €188). 50ml splits only.

Maison Margiela - At the Barber's. Price TBC, probably about €14 / 10ml. Few people have asked re this before.

I'll put myself down for both please Pat. Will also put my name down for some Aventus and Beach Hut if there's any left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I'll take an At the Barbers as well please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I'll definitely take an At the Barber's as well please Pat.

Apologies, haven't had a chance to get back to folks yet - up the walls here last few days; today as well. Hopefully will get a chance tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

I'll take At The Barber's too Pat. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭tdow

Hi Pat,

Can you put me down for both please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

Hi Pádraig
    Can you put me down for both

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kell77

All paid IIRC. I'm open to splitting another flacon though if the numbers are there - you're not the first to ask.

Hi Pat,

Can you stick me down for the next split of Virgin Island Water, please?

OK, back in the saddle after a bloody busy week in Bucharest! (Are Bucharesti the world's most crazy drivers BTW? Bloody mental!)

At the Barber's: will get two or more bottles is as required. Price will be €14.50 / 10ml or €40.50 for 30ml. No 50ml splits on this one - too much hassle with the unusual sprayer on the Margiela bottles. I'll email folks to confirm how much they're looking for. ETA for delivery of this juice will be approx week of 22nd April.

Virgin Island Water: I'll be splitting this tonight or tomorrow and getting it out with the courier Wednesday probably. A second split is looking very likely - I've five names at present; couple more and we're good to go. I'll definitely be listing it with my summer stuff if it doesn't fill before then.

Tom Ford Rive d'Ambre: I've a small few names for this (50ml splits), but would need a lot more if the split were to happen - shout if interested.

Aventus: seems to be coming back into stock at suppliers and, to my surprise, hasn't increased in price (at least, not yet). Regardless, I've got plenty in hand ready to go at the usual price of €81 / 50ml.

I'll put myself down for both please Pat. Will also put my name down for some Aventus and Beach Hut if there's any left.
    Good for the Aventus, Beach Hut all gone though.

king_of_inismac: no response to messages, no allocation in future splits.

I have the last 25ml of Atelier Cologne - Oud Saphir available again so folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

OK, back in the saddle after a bloody busy week in Bucharest! (Are Bucharesti the world's most crazy drivers BTW? Bloody mental!)

At the Barber's: will get two or more bottles is as required. Price will be €14.50 / 10ml or €40.50 for 30ml. No 50ml splits on this one - too much hassle with the unusual sprayer on the Margiela bottles. I'll email folks to confirm how much they're looking for. ETA for delivery of this juice will be approx week of 22nd April.

Virgin Island Water: I'll be splitting this tonight or tomorrow and getting it out with the courier Wednesday probably. A second split is looking very likely - I've five names at present; couple more and we're good to go. I'll definitely be listing it with my summer stuff if it doesn't fill before then.

Tom Ford Rive d'Ambre: I've a small few names for this (50ml splits), but would need a lot more if the split were to happen - shout if interested.

Aventus: seems to be coming back into stock at suppliers and, to my surprise, hasn't increased in price (at least, not yet). Regardless, I've got plenty in hand ready to go at the usual price of €81 / 50ml.

Good for the Aventus, Beach Hut all gone though.

Hi Pat, what's the Rive D'Ambre like? Is it a pure orange hit? And is there a chance you might be splitting Soleil Blanc at some stage? Cheers

• Advertisement

Eyespy wrote: »
    Hi Pat, what's the Rive D'Ambre like? Is it a pure orange hit? And is there a chance you might be splitting Soleil Blanc at some stage? Cheers

Emailed you back re the Rive. Soleil Blanc.......probably not I'd say. I did a couple of bottles of the EdT version (Eau de Soleil Blanc) last summer so may have filled that gap for people. One fragrance I'll be listing for summer which may be of interest (with the VIW you're getting and the Soleil Blanc query I take it you're a fan of coconut!) is Coccobello by Heeley. It's only vaguely similar to those two, and perhaps gets a bit of bad press because people are expecting something along those lines - instead, Coccobello smells like an actual tropical island. Coconut is the obvious star of the show, but here it's much drier than many expect - not really sweet at all, with a backbone of palm leaf, salt and wood - as I said, the aroma of a genuine deserted tropical island!

Emailed you back re the Rive. Soleil Blanc.......probably not I'd say. I did a couple of bottles of the EdT version (Eau de Soleil Blanc) last summer so may have filled that gap for people. One fragrance I'll be listing for summer which may be of interest (with the VIW you're getting and the Soleil Blanc query I take it you're a fan of coconut!) is Coccobello by Heeley. It's only vaguely similar to those two, and perhaps gets a bit of bad press because people are expecting something along those lines - instead, Coccobello smells like an actual tropical island. Coconut is the obvious star of the show, but here it's much drier than many expect - not really sweet at all, with a backbone of palm leaf, salt and wood - as I said, the aroma of a genuine deserted tropical island

Yay, I already love the sound of it. If you do a split Pat, I'd definitely take a punt. I do like the salt and wood. Oh a huge fan of coconut :D and it would be nice to have something that wasn't a sweet one. Out of curiosity, have you heard anything about the new Guerlain Coconut Fizz?

Thanks again

Yay, I already love the sound of it. If you do a split Pat, I'd definitely take a punt. I do like the salt and wood. Oh a huge fan of coconut :D and it would be nice to have something that wasn't a sweet one. Out of curiosity, have you heard anything about the new Guerlain Coconut Fizz?

Thanks again

Haven't heard anything re it. I will be doing Guerlain's Herba Fresca for summer alright though - minty goodness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

king_of_inismac: no response to messages, no allocation in future splits.

I have the last 25ml of Atelier Cologne - Oud Saphir available again so folks.

Couldn't put anyone off this - its very nice and superb value. Long lasting also.

Would have it closer to the Memo leather frags (possibly Italian) more so than TF Tuscan Leather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Slattsy wrote: »
    Couldn't put anyone off this - its very nice and superb value. Long lasting also.

Would have it closer to the Memo leather frags (possibly Italian) more so than TF Tuscan Leather.

That's good to hear - I should be getting the last of it from Pat.

Probably some other stuff too, because why not?

I have the following available in hand as of 8/4/2019:

Creed - Aventus: good few 50ml bottles left @ €81.
    Creed - Aventus for Her: ~ five 50ml bottles left @ €93.
    Creed - Cedre Blanc: 40ml left @ €17.50/10ml, or €47.50/30ml.
    Amouage - Myths: Last 10ml left @ €26.
    Amouage - Lyric: 40ml available @ €22.50 / 63.40 reduced to €20 / €55 for 10 / 30ml.
    The Different Company - Sel de Vetiver: 80ml left @ €15.50 / 44.50 / 62 for 10 / 30 / 50ml. 50ml in high quality crystal bottle and box.
    Senteurs Gourmandes - double pack, 2 x 10ml each of Vanilla Noire & Incense Oud: good few left @ €16 for 2 x 10ml (awesome value for two good scents BTW).
    Tom Ford - Neroli Portofino Forte: 50ml left @ €61/25ml, or €111/50ml.
    Lalique - Zamak: 30ml left @ €14.50/10ml, or €39/30ml.

I'll be emailing people a new list of summer stuff late this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Can you put me down for the 10mls of both the Amouage please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Another super delivery today Pat. Top class packaging as per usual :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Hi Pat - Please can you put me down for 1 * 50ml Creed - Aventus

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

On a tangent here

What are peoples setups to store their collections.
    Ming is getting a little out of hand so need to come up with adesk / something to store them all.
    Anyone have pic of their collestions ?

carq wrote: »
    On a tangent here

What are peoples setups to store their collections.
    Ming is getting a little out of hand so need to come up with adesk / something to store them all.
    Anyone have pic of their collestions ?

I keep most of my own personal stuff in a rather appropriate box.......

477593.jpg

This allows me to keep my bottles nice and neat.

477594.jpg

Whoops! :o

Have other bottles in assorted corners. I do have a 'display' of sorts on a kitchen counter of empty Creed and Tom Ford decanters but it's rather lost behind a mound of clutter at this stage!

• Advertisement

I keep most of my own personal stuff in a rather appropriate box.......

477593.jpg

This allows me to keep my bottles nice and neat.

477594.jpg

Whoops! :o

Have other bottles in assorted corners. I do have a 'display' of sorts on a kitchen counter of empty Creed and Tom Ford decanters but it's rather lost behind a mound of clutter at this stage!

Jesus Pat....my collection of your juices is bigger than your own! :P

Erik Shun wrote: »

There's more than there looks to be - there's the equivalent of a couple of layers there, you just can't see them under all the bags of samples! Boxed bottles are elsewhere.

There's more than there looks to be - there's the equivalent of a couple of layers there, you just can't see them under all the bags of samples! Boxed bottles are elsewhere.

I knew you were holding out on us :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Erik Shun wrote: »

What you don’t realise is that it’s an Ariel photograph and that box is actually a shipping container ;)

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What you don’t realise is that it’s an Ariel photograph and that box is actually a shipping container ;)

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I have mine on the bathroom shelf and the bigger original bottles in boxes which I got from pat are kept in wardrobe.

I read that the frags will evaporate on a shelf and exposed to heat/light, is that true or nonsense?

I was thinking of putting up a cabinet in the bathroom for them. Something like this

kzV4x7G.jpg

Or maybe I'll just store in bedside locker drawer :)

I read that the frags will evaporate on a shelf and exposed to heat/light, is that true or nonsense?
    They will degrade quicker if left constantly exposed to strong light / heat. However, I would imagine it's an incremental thing really and you'd want to go out of your way to wreck a fragrance quickly.

Some updates and a new split:

At the Barber's: I've ordered three bottles of this but supplier only had two. They've sent these and will send the other when it arrives. Looking forward to sniffing it! I have some slots available on that last bottle at €14.50 / 10ml or €40.50 / 30ml.

Virgin Island Water: i'm going to go ahead with a second split of this due to the interest - payment requests incoming. I still have four 50ml bottles available @ €77 each.

**New split**

Mancera - Cedrat Boise *in hand*
    375x500.15211.jpg
    This is perhaps Mancera's best known fragrance, even though it's atypical for them. Rather than an aoud-y beast, this is a much fruitier and woodier affair. It is of course best known as an 'Aventus clone' - this does it a disservice though in that (i) Mancera have never pushed it as such IIRC and (ii) the drydown on this is much woodier than Aventus, and also is more blackcurrant forward than the Creed's pineapple. Having said that though, there is no doubt that the opening bears a significant resemblance to that of Aventus, albeit thicker and 'jammier'. Rates very highly on Fragrantica, at 4.27/5.

I got a scorching deal on a bottle of this so price is a bargain €13 / 10ml, €35 / 30ml, or €54 for 60ml in the original 120ml bottle and box (for contrast, I split this two years ago at €20/43/65 for the same volumes). One bottle only, in hand, ready for shipping with the next batch of deliveries.

€13/10ml, €35/30ml, or €54/60ml. 60ml portion comes in original 120ml bottle and box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,202 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

They will degrade quicker if left constantly exposed to strong light / heat. However, I would imagine it's an incremental thing really and you'd want to go out of your way to wreck a fragrance quickly.

Some updates and a new split:

At the Barber's: I've ordered three bottles of this but supplier only had two. They've sent these and will send the other when it arrives. Looking forward to sniffing it! I have some slots available on that last bottle at €14.50 / 10ml or €40.50 / 30ml.

Virgin Island Water: i'm going to go ahead with a second split of this due to the interest - payment requests incoming. I still have four 50ml bottles available @ €77 each.

**New split**

Mancera - Cedrat Boise *in hand*
    375x500.15211.jpg
    This is perhaps Mancera's best known fragrance, even though it's atypical for them. Rather than an aoud-y beast, this is a much fruitier and woodier affair. It is of course best known as an 'Aventus clone' - this does it a disservice though in that (i) Mancera have never pushed it as such IIRC and (ii) the drydown on this is much woodier than Aventus, and also is more blackcurrant forward than the Creed's pineapple. Having said that though, there is no doubt that the opening bears a significant resemblance to that of Aventus, albeit thicker and 'jammier'. Rates very highly on Fragrantica, at 4.27/5.

I got a scorching deal on a bottle of this so price is a bargain €13 / 10ml, €35 / 30ml, or €54 for 60ml in the original 120ml bottle and box (for contrast, I split this two years ago at €20/43/65 for the same volumes). One bottle only, in hand, ready for shipping with the next batch of deliveries.

€13/10ml, €35/30ml, or €54/60ml. 60ml portion comes in original 120ml bottle and box.

ill take the 60ml of that pat and 10ml of at the barbers.

10ml of At the Barber's left if my mental maths is correct, and 20ml of Cedrat Boise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Stick me down for 30ml 20ml of Mancera - Cedrat Boise please Pat.....can't resist the Mancera call :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

I'll take:
    Mancera - Cedrat Boise × 10ml
    At the Barber's x 30ml (edit: sorry just saw theres only 10ml left)
    Creed - Aventus x 50ml

If still available. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

Hi Padraig

I'll take a 50ml of Aventus if you still have some to hand?

Thanks

Denis

Hi Pat,

Just received my package thanks a million. The bottles are gorgeous and packed so incredibly well. I'm absolutely stoked, can't wait to start wearing them both and hope to get more scents over the summer. You're the best!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Jester232

What's this thread about? Fragrance discussion or a vendor?

Thought being essentially a vendor wasn't allowed?

Anywho, picked up a bottle of essence in lidl for 5 quid. Very nice stuff. Went back and got another bottle in case they stop selling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,202 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Jester232 wrote: »

Anywho, picked up a bottle of essence in lidl for 5 quid. Very nice stuff. Went back and got another bottle in case they stop selling it.

er wrong thread :P

Hi Pat,

Just received my package thanks a million. The bottles are gorgeous and packed so incredibly well. I'm absolutely stoked, can't wait to start wearing them both and hope to get more scents over the summer. You're the best!

Great stuff, enjoy Eyespy!

Jester232 wrote: »
    What's this thread about?

picked up a bottle of essence in lidl for 5 quid. Very nice stuff. Went back and got another bottle in case they stop selling it.

Fragrance collective group guys for Boards members and related discussions and ideas.

And if you like them, there's nowt wrong with Lidl or other cheap fragrances!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Jester232

Great stuff, enjoy Eyespy!

Fragrance collective group guys for Boards members and related discussions and ideas.

And if you like them, there's nowt wrong with Lidl or other cheap fragrances!

Cheers. Never knew what the word split meant. Still don't. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Essentially Pat is taking a big monetary hit up front for fragrances and splits the large volume down into basically sample size amounts.

It means people can try expensive fragrances they may not be able to without dropping a few hundred euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

giggsirish wrote: »
    Hi Pat - Please can you put me down for 1 * 50ml Creed - Aventus

1st order received. Great service Pat. Arrived in tip top shape and couldn’t be happier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 thewholehogge

Pat
    I’ll take 10ml of Mancera and 10ml of at the barbers
    Thanks

Advertisement